2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balotelli is a good deal, Liverpool looks much stronger now because they couldn't have gone through a whole season with just Sturridge up front. Let's wait and see what Utd have up their sleeve and whether Arsene decides to pull the finger out one more time!

Holy fucking shitballzzzz, Ox starts, Mert comes in and Chambers keeps his place ahead of Koscielny, Ozil on the wing, and Alexis up front on his own, Giroud dropped!!1 YES WENGER YES YOU READ MY SMOGON POST YOU BEAUTIFUL OLD FUCK!!! All my dreams are coming true at the same time!!! Now buy our sexy Cesc back you mong!!!

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Today Barclays premier league matches Report

Chelsea 2- 0 Leicester City
Aston villa 0-0 Newcastle
Swansea city 1-0 burnley city
Southampton 0-0 West Brom
Crystal palace 1-3 West Brom

Chelsea get Courtois to sign that god damn extension.

Good game overall especially the second half before hazard scored.
Oscar, Ivanovic and Courtois in particular were very good today.

Ivanovic who I was very disappointed with at the start of last season has easily become one of my favourite players and one of the best rbs in the league.
Felipe Luis is going to have to earn his place in the team like Azpilicueta did last season.

Bale with little to no space to use is almost useless. It reduces him to kicking past his marker and trying to run past them. Then he got a the chance to score from a brilliant move from james(who was the best rm attacker) and put if wide.

Taking out toni Kroos for ronaldo basically reduced any chance to control the game and atletico were unfortunate to only finish with 1 goal.

Atletico have been the best team in spain for the past year and have the league title and the Super Cup to show for it.

Reactions: pj

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Didn't watch the Supercup game because I was travelling but the reports were what I expected. I have never liked the idea of Bale and Ronaldo playing at the same time, especially if the opposing team doesn't take the initiative. It will probably be best for Real Madrid this season if either Bale or Ronaldo are dropped from the starting XI for James, who gives more variety to their attack and is good at creating spaces for his teammates. This will be even more important if Di Maria finally leaves.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
gee giroud such a bad striker right?

edit: first half arsenal looked like their usual mediocrity other than mesut ozil, who should have gotten an assist for his display, but he ended up looking responsible for coleman's goal (it was actually chesney/defensive organization that was responsible). We need to defend from set pieces and not leave ozil and sanchez to pick up fullbacks.

Last edited:

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone explain to me what just happened in the end of this malaga vs bilbao game... I turn it on with 10 minutes left, see 2 red cards, a KEEPER goal disallowed for absolutely nothing i can figure out, and a clear penalty not given...?

Imanalt

Really don't get the Di Maria signing from United... Where does he play? He isn't really good to play in a double pivot behind Mata, so unless theres a formation change, the only plausible position for him is rwb. He's probably a decent rwb, but I don't see him being an elite rwb, so it seems a stupid purchase. Could plausibly make sense if you don't care about the money and will buy him + a dm. Di Maria isn't the cm answer that they need.

we don't want to be playing the wing back formation, he is buying players he needs to fit how he wants. next up a new CM and a defender and we will be playing formations with wingers rather then wing backs

just put £1 (so much money) on Fulham to go down while odds are still decent

Imanalt

we don't want to be playing the wing back formation, he is buying players he needs to fit how he wants. next up a new CM and a defender and we will be playing formations with wingers rather then wing backs

just put £1 (so much money) on Fulham to go down while odds are still decent
so what does he want to be playing... the 3-5-2 is very good because its the only formation that really lets mata, rvp, and rooney all play together. i assume you think he wants something like a 4-2-3-1, but then you have to play rafael, and di maria is still playing wing which isnt his best position... Either than or 4-3-3 in which case you only get one of rvp, mata and rooney out there so...? 3-5-2 is pretty clearly the best way to get the talent LvG has on the field together. The only problem is the lack of a true dm to play alongside herrera, and a lack of a good rather than average rwb. Di maria fixes that second part i guess but its a very inefficient solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)