Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was skipped Round 87.

Username
: Wilken
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Wilken
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM-3; everyday, usually from 7 PM onwards.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon, i like competitive games in general, i like learning stuff and i like sharing the stuff i've learned.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Sure.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both.

Provide an explanation regarding why you should be tutored: I'm very passionate about competitive gaming in general and i'd really want to learn more about pokemon; i have the goal of not only becoming a good player but also being able to help other people learn the game.

I WAS SKIPPED ROUND 87 ;~;

Username
: ForgottenOnes
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ForgottenOnes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST
What tier do you want to learn?: RU, OU, Smogon Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I play basketball, and I play lots of Pokemon! I play the Pokemon TCG, which is super fun as well. I also have hobbies such as Chess :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep :]
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yep :]
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both are fine :D

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Was Skipped Round 82
Username
: WreckDra
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: WreckDra (PO and PS) / Bob D. Fish (old PO and shoddy username)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am just a simple working 19 year old guy. I like the occasional baseball or street hockey game with friends. I also play both electric and double bass in a higher level community big band that has a gig every almost every sunday night. As far as Pokemon goes, I started late HGSS and only played Ubers for the most part as a ladder drone on shoddy and PO when it came out (I never really touched the other 4th gen tiers). I played Ubers through most of BW 1 but began expanding to UU, NU and RU as they came out. I also started playing some VGC stuff just for fun. I stopped playing for awhile after B2W2 came out (for about a year) to focus on other things but I did come back as a ladder drone near the end (playing Ubers mostly). This gen I have played Ubers and VGC 2014 and am not a ladder drone anymore. I can hold my own in OU after dinking around with it early XY.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: yup
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC is preferred, but I can use Skype as well if need be.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Champion Fizz
Pokemon Showdown Username: Champion Fizz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 (US EST) Usually pretty active from 8am-3pm and 6pm-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I mostly play LC (which I tutor in). I've been playing Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire came out and started playing competitive Pokemon at the start of BW where I played OU until the end of BW2. I came back during the Pokebank era and have been playing consistently since then. In my free time, I write and play a lot of music and I'm a pretty avid gamer.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC and Skype

Username: Martinik
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Martinic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 untill September 15 I'm available almost any time after it's becomes unknown.
What tier do you want to learn?:Doubles, VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for a while now, I have a good grasp on singles OU but there are still things I need to learn. I am a pretty easy pearson to talk to and have lots of intrests.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, if I have something to contribute
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?:Yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yeah I am able to use both
Why I should be Tutored:
When it comes to team building I usually stick with the same roles in every team. I want to build more interesting team and also have a good battle.

Last edited:
Username: TerrorDave
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TerrorDave
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 10am - 8pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a male and I've played Pokemon for some time now, since I was 5. I started in BW2 OU, and used a sun team with Sawsbuck a lot (that was damn fun). Nowadays I'm trying to get better at XY OU and waiting for the Mega Mawile ban. I'm a big gamer and like all sorts of gaming franchises. I'm also trying to get into the Pokemon TCG.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Ok then.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: uh, ok then, I'll get r1'd but sure.
Are you able to use IRC or Skype?: Skype is all I have, I'll see how convenient IRC is and get that if it's more convenient for me.

Username: the bravest bird
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: the bravest birds
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: pdt or gmt-7, school starts in two weeks but im an a+ procrastinator edit: prob should add a time - literally any time of the day cause i lack a life but after around 4pm after sept. 2nd
What tier do you want to learn?: dpp ou
Tell us a little about yourself: second time signing up, would like to get into a new gen, bw looks boring tbh, i like brave birds, im lazy sometimes and dont capitalize anything. yeah. started competitive this gen and i think im good
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: possibly
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes to both

...this looks so bad LOL

Last edited:
Username:Assassin Rogue
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AssassinRogue
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, available mostly in the evenings and nights of my timezone. Flexible timings on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU, Smogon Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Chemical Engineering student from India, It has been two years since i have been into competetive pokemon. I am a XY NU amateur who wants to widen his horizons by learning new tiers from people good in the game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: sure
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes to IRC, no to skype

Last edited:
Username: _SatanSoul
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: My Future
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2; mornings and nights of my timezone 9/10-12am/1pm and 7/8pm-1am
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an italian student, i play volleyball and I love play piano. I started to play pokèmon the last year with bw2 ou. I want to improve my level in xy ou
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Why not?Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?:probabily
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype

Last edited:
Username: Close
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: [Hero]Close, Closexy, Crazy Monstah
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +2 about 3pm-6pm and 9.30pm-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?:First XY OU second UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm student and i'm play basketball and i love it. I'm italian battler and i've played competitive since 2012-13, more or less when BW began. My wish is confirm my knowledge in XY OU
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Most probably
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?://

Last edited:
Username: ErzaVsErza
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ErzaVsErza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, available from 1PM to 1AM
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing VGC for months and I really want to improve in this tier, I'm aiming the first place in the XY Battle Spot and VGC Tours and I'm determined.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both do work for me

Username: Swanson
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: JayKae, McKinsey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (BST) Available 17:00-21:00 weekdays and fairly flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 'normal' 20 year old male from England who likes going out, MMA, football and pokemon. I started competitve pokemon during BW1 where I played BW OU and NU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

-25 post justification:

I have been a member of the PO community since 2012 now (I can send you my username in private if you'd like) and I've decided to join Smogon because I would like to get more involved with the competitive side of battling and a fresh start. If I get tutoring I believe it would give me more insight to how the game works which would allow me to contribute to Tournaments hosted on the forums and discussions about suspects and metagames which are the main reasons why I originally joined Smogon.

Username: Ceryini
Pokemon Showdown: Ceryini
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 12:00PM-3:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, VGC in order of preference
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm currently doing a Chemistry degree in England. My life's goal is to move away with friends and build a completely self-sufficient commune, using sustainable energy and permaculture to live freely. I enjoy gaming a lot, and really want to get better at Pokemon battling with good guidance after years of trying. Also I work part time in comic book and gaming shop, where we hold regular pokemon card tournaments.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I would be happy to!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC easily, Skype most of the time.

Why should you be tutored: I currently do a fair amount of battling using showdown, but am struggling to improve at all as it is mainly with friends who aren't that into competetive Pokemon. I would love to get help with learning how to team build effectively, and why certain plays are better than others in a certain situation. I'm also really interested in getting involved in the community here after years of lurking, and would take full advantage of any tutoring offered to me. I think that tutoring me would be beneficial to more people than just myself, as the comic book shop I work in has a lot of younger people who are interested in getting better at competitive Pokemon, and I would love to be good enough to help them improve.

Blizzard

@ NeverMeltIce
Username: Blizzard
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pkblizzard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5.5, usually available evenings almost everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU, XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: i've been playing competitively for quite some time, and i'd like to get even better at RU than i am right now, (for future tournaments, participation in the forums and stuff). Got lots of free time as of now. That, coupled with some prior knowledge shouldn't make me a bad tutee :)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: No
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Skipped last round!

Username: Lord Ninjax
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lord Ninjax
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, later evening: 7-10 weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU/BW OU/ADV OU(if nothing else, still feel like there's some stuff to learn)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old from New Delhi, top student in Math/Science/History, plus I'm in the debate club and the basketball team. I listen to a lot of rock music: Favorite band: Imagine Dragons, and I read a lot in my spare time. I've been playing Showdown on and off for a year, though I really started to pick up my play in XY during the Genesect era, though I went on vacation over the summer, over which I decided to pick up ADV and turned out to be fairly decent at it, though its still a work in progress. Then upon return I started to hardcore play XY, though I'm focusing on making some good teams before hitting the tournament section.

Still though, I've felt like I wanna pick up more tiers such as DPP, which I started but I'm still trying out. I got attracted to it mainly cause it seems like the closest we have to a balanced OU meta (ADV feels too stall based imo) BW I put on mainly because I haven't played BW seriously for a year, and I'm rusty, plus I wanna develop my skill more for the upcoming ST18,and work on my teambuilding(I have perfectionist syndrome which makes me struggle with teambuilding.....I come up with an idea, struggle to work it out and abandon it after a few days.). Hoping that B101 can help me improve at that. Overall I feel I'm fairly hardworking and learn fast, especially at stuff like mons.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, I love XY tours
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC, Skype I can do but internet security paranoia.

Was skipped in Round 87

Last edited:
Username: Bhunivelze
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Shoddy/Pokemon Showdown Username: Bhunivelze
Your Time Zone And Usual Hours Of Availability: PDT (Pacific Day Time), my hours are available. 6pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn: XY NU
Tells Us A Little Bit About Yourself: I'm just your typical Pokemon Trainer that loves competitive battling and most of all improving my skills. I want to learn more about the meta game, so i decided that NU is an interesting place to start. I found NU so difficult, but i want to learn about this tier a lot.
Will You Be Willing To Do Tutee Talk Threads About Your Tutors? Yes.
Are You Interested In Playing For The Round 88 Tutee Tournament? Yes.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Either is fine.

I was skipped during Round 87!

Username: Bowtie Addo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Bowtie Addo (on PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3 5PM to 10PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been interested in competitive battling since I learnt about it during ADV times, but I have not put much time into it until XY came out. I am pretty much looking to improve myself and start off in the community.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Can do both.

As for why I should be given a tutor despite my lack of posts, I have actually been waiting for an open round in this program in order to start off in the Smogon community. Being unavailable during the sign up days is what delayed me from having posts, really.

Username: Sdfilter
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Thexfs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (UTC-05:00) M-F from 4pm-10pm any time weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC
Tell us a little about yourself:Playing pokemon since B/R (best christmas i ever had). have played most gens, first gen ive had intrest in competitive play. Have been a lurker here for over a year, and have been all over the web to multiple communities lurking to learn all i can about competitive play. Began playing showdown in the OU bracket, but had a change of heart and want to play the VGC meta and go to tournaments. Have all the basics down as far as team building goes besides the big one, how to make a team synergize well together. I can breed, i understand IVs/EVs, pkmn types, what the metas are (just not how to perform well in them). Looking forward to being a part of the community :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Not particularly, my interest is in VGC
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both!
Provide an explanation regarding why you should be tutored: I have almost no posts, but thats not to say that i havnt been on the site for a while. Ive been lurking here for a long time. I just dont feel that i have the experience or knowledge (yet) to add anything useful to the community. I didnt feel like bloating threads with posts that are already there from other new users. I feel that i should be tutored because i have a good base knowledge of the game from my own research and i think that shows initiative to learn and truly be part of the comunity. I feel that once i am proficent and able to grow as a player and have a nudge in the right direction i would love to do the same for other players who are in my shoes now. I want to give back to the community and help progress the competitive scene.

Thanks!

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Expulso
Pokemon Showdown Username: Expulso
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, i'm available around 7-10 PM on weekdays and most of the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers or XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, more so if doing XY OU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC yes, Skype no (but I can get Skype if necessary).

Thanks to all the mentors running this!

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Username: Praj.pran
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:praj.pran
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT 2:30 + GMT I can come almost any time this 10 days.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles, maybe BW OU ,DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Hi, my name is prajesh. I play pokemon games I love football (soccer). I Recently got into pokemon games I started playing pokemon when I Bought 2ds I played Pokémon Black and white and I am also playing pokemon X and Y I want to know More about pokemon I will start with OLD gens then Doubles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 88 Tutee Tournament?: Maybe, yes
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both works for me well

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bhunivelze - Zebraiken - NU
Lord Ninjax - Fakes - DPP
Blizzard - Hollywood - NU
Wilken - Subject 18 - OU
s_aman - Lord Alphose - NU
Repeater1947 - TGMD - OU
ertus - X5Dragon - OU
Mur22 - Reverb -OU
Salt - Nova - OU
LilligantEX - ShootingStarmie - OU
SuperPerkinz - Dice - OU
Aguilo - Raseri - NU
TheSuperSaiyanBreloom - Nog - OU
V0x - Jirachee - OU
Smog Frog + SOMALIA - Unbirthday - OU
OverlordDerp - King - OU
JetShock - Reymedy - OU
DeepSound - SnowCristal! - OU
Peef Rimgar - Alexander. - OU
ArcanineDog - Pwnemon - Doubles
Sunny. - BKC - ADV
Cyonarix - Laga - Doubles
Eaarth' - Mizuhime - Doubles
FlareBlitz3000 - namehtmas - UU
Reign of Hail - King UU - UU
malcolm - IronBullet93 - UU
Pearl. - Bluwing - UU
MasterRyuga - Bouffalant - UU
Assassin Rogue - Calloflochie
Xylen + ForgottenOnes - EonX - RU
Ununhexium - Molk - RU
Seismitoad - Soulgazer - NU
Hulavuta - Ace Emerald - VGC
Professor Ben - Jio - VGC
ErzaVsErza - Human - VGC
Expulso - Edgar - Ubers
Heaven's Limit - Aenonar - Ubers
Ceryini + Zekrom2525 - Caledrith - LC
Swanson - Steve Angello - Ubers
D4RR3N - Haruno - Doubles
Moonstone - Goddess Briyella - LC
Made To Kill - Yagura - LC
JuniBoy - macle - LC

Sorry if I paired you with somebody halfway across the globe, we had a lot of people in the GMT +5 to +10 range and we really don't have many tutors who fit that range so you might be stuck with a European or something, I tried my best to make it work but pairings are never perfect.

Special shoutout to Unbirthday, IB93, Bouffalant, Alexander, SnowCristal, and Haruno for their first round of tutoring, we're always short on tutors but at the same time we want to uphold some standard of quality. Speaking of which, having some more RU tutors would be nice, as only two were available this round and the demand was a bit higher than I had expected.

I didn't make this clear the past couple rounds, but I'm going to be tougher when it comes to handing out priority for people who got skipped in previous rounds. If you got skipped 2+ rounds ago, then I'm not really going to consider you for priority unless you give me a good reason as to why you deserve it. So for those of you who got skipped this round, make a note that your priority is only good up until round 90.

Oh yeah, and if you consistently get skipped or absolutely suck at posting on time (aka within the first 2 hours), do know that we have a schedule up here where I'll post a day in advance before the next round begins. Click 'Watch Thread' on the top-right and you'll get notifications as to when I update or post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)