Big Super Hero Mafia - Game Over - Villains Win

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
moi you doofus he's referring to you as well with the 'another user'

In any case it is standard fare for the mafia (as well as some villagers) to say 'don't trust <x>' whenever the first person steps up for claims; DLE did this to me in Aypak mafia as well except that in that game, thankfully, he wasn't allowed to post, period.

There are people throughout the game who are confirmed of Thanos' (my) existence via their held items (the Infinity Gems); note that I also have COPIOUS LOGS to back me up (yes I am being mostly facetious here but seriously those would very annoying to fake). My play makes no sense as being an item collector neutral and my role name makes no sense as a mafia.

I am probably the best you're going to get in terms of proof without seeing me lead actual lynches, and fortunately for you all I'm also a competent village leader.
I did this in Aypak as the village inspector. My reasoning for why I did what I did is still just as valid here. The fact you happened to be village in Aypak is not indicative of you being village here and I did end up claiming to you once I had evidence to support your being village (although I think the claim may have had to do with Walrein trusting you more than me trusting you. fuk Walrein). My late claim did little to nothing to hamper the village in that game, whereas an inspector claiming to a mafia man could have been disastrous.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also jumpluff's flow chart is completely disregarding that when I'm mafia most of the time I just openly state it and ask for people to contact me...not that that is 'proof' that I am village in this particular game, just saying it's a problem with the flow chart.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I did this in Aypak as the village inspector. My reasoning for why I did what I did is still just as valid here. The fact you happened to be village in Aypak is not indicative of you being village here and I did end up claiming to you once I had evidence to support your being village (although I think the claim may have had to do with Walrein trusting you more than me trusting you. fuk Walrein). My late claim did little to nothing to hamper the village in that game, whereas an inspector claiming to a mafia man could have been disastrous.
wow throwin me under the bus

in any case i think it's alright to claim role names to Sam since aliases make those pretty harmless to give away, but claiming item at this stage is really dumb

UncleSam

Leading this village
Thanos is a Villain. The Villains are the village. The only argument I've heard thus far against Thanos being village is that he is 'too villainous', which is like saying Gandalf is 'too good' to be village in LotR mafia.

As for the possibility Thanos is a safeclaim: there are items which exist which prove the existence of my role name.

UncleSam

Leading this village
[14:04] <Outlaw> But Unclesam
[14:05] <Outlaw> You didn't address my worries
[14:05] <UncleSam> that im wolf?
[14:05] <UncleSam> why would the wolf stick his neck out
[14:05] <UncleSam> in a game with a shitton of one timers
[14:05] <Outlaw> Because you're brave
[14:05] <UncleSam> i know full well
[14:05] <UncleSam> i probably just spelled my own doom
[14:05] <UncleSam> by getting this village organized
[14:06] <UncleSam> theres probably some op ability that will kill me very early
[14:06] <UncleSam> but its worth it if i can organize the village and get everything roliing
[14:06] <Outlaw> Thanos doesnt seem like the type to work with other villains
[14:06] <Outlaw> he is a penultimate villain
[14:07] <UncleSam> so are
[14:07] <UncleSam> most other supervillains
[14:07] <UncleSam> X_X
[14:07] <Outlaw> not compared to thanos
[14:07] <UncleSam> so your explanation
[14:07] <UncleSam> for why you think im wolf
[14:07] <UncleSam> is that im even more villainous
[14:07] <UncleSam> than the villains
[14:07] <Outlaw> Yes

Thanos is a Villain. The Villains are the village. The only argument I've heard thus far against Thanos being village is that he is 'too villainous', which is like saying Gandalf is 'too good' to be village in LotR mafia.

As for the possibility Thanos is a safeclaim: there are items which exist which prove the existence of my role name.
If you are a villain and not a Cell-Like wolf, then what does the infinity gauntlet do?

All I'm saying is, your desire to collect these stones is a lot like Cell needing the androids dead to power up. Obviously Thanos with a full powered infinity gauntlet doesn't give two shits about the universe.

If Thanos cannot be a wolf, than who else is there to be one?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
alright

tbf aside those last 5 lines it sorta makes sense given the little i know about thanos which amounts to the little thing at the end of avengers 2 and reading his wikipedia page once a long time ago

oh hey outlaw posted -- yeah what he says kinda makes sense, sorta like my role in luigi mafia where i just had to scare (collect) 5 people and then i won and done

UncleSam

Leading this village
The Infinity Gauntlet provides me with an unknown power if I gather the Infinity Gems (LN won't tell me what it is but he promises it is 'worth it').

I would bet the wolf in a game where the Villains are the village is either someone who is a conflicted anti-hero (ie Red Hood) or a superhero who doesn't fit into one of the two main mafia groups.

Because Joker has been a member of the league of doom before.

I am very leery of anyone saying they are Thanos/Darkseid/Galactus and the like and are villains instead of neutrals. It reads too much like a wolf needing to power up to me.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I said it on irc but I'll say it again, I would sooner think that any neutral would be a hero who doesn't fit into either the mafia groups. Which is a rather large number, even if LN is using them as "generic DC/Marvel".

UncleSam

Leading this village
The flavor in this game is INVERTED

This is NOT a typical game where the biggest, baddest evil person is wolf

This is a game where the village is COMPRISED OF big bads who all want to rule the universe etc.

The mafia are those who want to stop them

It makes sense if the neutrals are anyone who doesn't fit into one of those two groups

Call me paranoid, but I'm going to be safe rather than sorry to begin with. Once the game starts rolling and things are proven I'll be less so.

Because I remember when the DC villains and heros had to work together to defeat Darkseid and I remember when Thanos used the infinity gauntlet to indiscriminately wipe out half of sentient life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)