Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, most set up hawluchas ive run into run sub/sd/hjk/acro,
YOU HAVE A GHOST TYPE, just go into heatran and play mind games, if you are better than him at predicting, you should win pretty easily.
Unfortunately, that Heatran set is 2HKO'd by +2 Acrobatics. If you have to rely on mind games to beat something then there's a problem.

Mega "stall breaker" Gardevoir says hai
Gardevoir has a hard time breaking stall without Taunt. If Mew gets status on it, then you have no hope of muscling past Chansey. As soon as Gardevoir goes down, you've lost.

Just making some suggestions to improve the team, guys.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Unfortunately, that Heatran set is 2HKO'd by +2 Acrobatics. If you have to rely on mind games to beat something then there's a problem.

Gardevoir has a hard time breaking stall without Taunt. If Mew gets status on it, then you have no hope of muscling past Chansey. As soon as Gardevoir goes down, you've lost.

Just making some suggestions to improve the team, guys.
Nah garde can blow through some stall with CM over Taunt, its viable enough.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
thanks to fucktards like MrCookiepants we now know how not to post. last i checkd lando countered hawlucha pretty handily with uninvested sedg doin a clean 40%+. theres also this move called hjk which loses it 50% hp if it hits oh idk hmmm a fuckin gengar if u had some brains n baited. >power herb sky attack threatening out gard yea ok imma switch out my quag vs a talon due 2 the threat of liechi natural gift
goddamn i hate when tardfucks talk out their ass n take up multiple posts worth of space doin so

Dear CTC,

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 Atk / 44 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

I think this stallbreaker aero set is really cool and fun to use, but I'm stumped on how I can fit it into a team properly without it being some lame stall team. Every time I try making a team for this, I end up using so much support mons (Clefable for cleric support, Ferrothorn for hazards/Azumarill check, Latias for defog) that there is no real offensive pressure. Can you help me make a more offensive/balanced team to use this on?

I would like to request a balance team with CroCune+Talonflame+MAlakazam
Suicune tends to lure in lots of stuff that TF forces out and vice versa, so it seems like a decent core to have something started. Maybe MAlaka in the mix too because I have been hearing lots of good things about it, so I want to give it a try too.

This is what I have atm:
Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Landorus-Terian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
Basically what I'm looking for is to keep the first 3 of the team (or modify the sets), and maybe change the last 3 to what you thinks fits better.

Last edited:
thanks to fucktards like MrCookiepants we now know how not to post. last i checkd lando countered hawlucha pretty handily with uninvested sedg doin a clean 40%+. theres also this move called hjk which loses it 50% hp if it hits oh idk hmmm a fuckin gengar if u had some brains n baited. >power herb sky attack threatening out gard yea ok imma switch out my quag vs a talon due 2 the threat of liechi natural gift
goddamn i hate when tardfucks talk out their ass n take up multiple posts worth of space doin so
Yes, Stone Edge does 40%, which means it's only a 3HKO factoring in Sitrus Berry. So you have to hit 3 Stone Edges in a row, as it sets up to +4 in your face. Nice counter lol.

And trying to bait a HJK with Heatran, a Pokemon that commonly carries protect while ALSO having a ghost on your team... I mean, maybe someone would fall for that low on the ladder? Maybe. Even then, it has to be under 50% to kill it itself with HJK. If not, Acrobatics OHKO's Gengar and then what's stopping the sweep?

Don't say I'm talking out of my ass when this is something that I've experienced first hand. I thought we were supposed to test the teams and discuss them here.

Last edited:
Yo CTC, I was wondering if you could make a doublade team.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy / Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak / Pursuit / Rest
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball

Doublade is a pretty cool mon in OU. In general, it provides less utility than Pokemon such as Bronzong, Jirachi, and Skamory, but can counter Pokemon such as Heracross, Gardevoir, non EQ Pinsir and Terrakion while also being the only viable steel-type in OU that doesn't get trapped by Magnezone thanks to its Ghost-typing. The EVs and moveset can be changed, as I haven't used nor seen Doublade enough to know the exact set and EVs it should be running.

Hey CTC. Any chance you could throw something together using these two?

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerialate
EVs: 252 Attack/ 4 Defense/ 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Great sweeper, and takes out many common threats in the metagame. Anything with Stone Edge has an 80% to be an issue, and STAB electric attacks are limited to Rotom-W and Thundy. SRs are a large issue, so a defog or rapid spin something in there is a good idea. Quick Attack cleans up weakend mons or can inflict last resort damage if the time were to present itself. A strong attacker who can also outspeed much of the metagame. (anything less than 339 speed.)

Azumarril @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP/ 252 Attack/ 16 Speed
Nature: Adament
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

AV prevents Thundy and Rotom-W from OHKOing, which has saved me once. The AV also prevents moves like Giga Drain to fall short, and shuts Greninja and Keldeo down. AV Azu has saved me more than once, boasting one of (if not the) strongest Play Rough since Mawilite was banned. Don't mess with the mouse!

Recently, I have switched from the Keldeo bandwagon to Azu as its bulkier and has a better moveset imo while not being choiced. That in mind, while I was looking for a sweeper of sorts to go with it, a few came in mind but Pinsir seemed to be the most realistic, although I did consider Zard-X and Thundy (+Others) but I think I'd like to try out the While the two dont have perfect synergy, they provide something important to the team: Priority. While its not quite birdspam, it still does the job.

Greatly appreciated, CTC and keep up the great work.

Hey CTC! Could you help me out with a Mag-Aero Team?
I was thinking of a balanced team but I wouldn't mind a HO team either.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Hone Claws

Feel free to change the set. I just figured spamming Stone Edge after a Hone Claws would be fun.
I feel Mega Aero can really shine with the rise in popularity/usage of Fighting types.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is obviously there to trap the steel types that could give Mega Aero problems.
But I was thinking of using a Choice Scarfed Magnezone as well, maybe with HP Ice to net some suprise KO's.
Or an Air Balloon set w/ Magnet Rise but dont know how viable that would be, switching into Lati's and stuff

Thanks a lot, in advance!

Last edited:
Hey CTC! I would like something a little less... common. Would you be willing to build a team based around agility metagross? I don't know the set, but that would be awesome. :D

ik it's garbage, but I don't give a crap.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Yo CTC seeing as u didn't respond to the previous core I posted I guess it was garbage? W/e lets try again, although this one is a little more bulky offense.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Punch
- Roost

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Baton Pass

Basically the goal is to specially pressure the fuck out of everything. Focus Punch on char-y simply because it doesn't miss; as a bonus it discourages chansey from healing which is the greatest enemy of all special attackers. Yay. Also catches tran and I generally don't miss focus blast in the moveset lol. Hidden Power Ground is on sylveon to try and nab tran for char-y, and obviously hyper voice just nukes the dragons and char-y has trouble with. Psyshock just to catch poisons, mainly amoong or venu, but you can always just baton pass to be safe if you don't feel like predicting. Don't need shadow ball cuz aegislash is gone :] Baton Pass is just so that when a ferrothorn/scizor try to switch-in (and they always switch-in because sylveon doesnt' carry fire coverage unlike clefable) you can just pass right into char-y and get another kill w00t. Thus sylveon also acts as a kind of pivot, always nice since 90% of specs sylveon switch-ins are decimated by char-y.
I'd like a clearly defined wincon in the team, preferably a pursuit trapper since sylveon doesn't switch into LO lati@s psyshock (or atleast a dark type to encourage them to go for draco :S) and definitely hazard support and removal; but I think that's just the basics. Looking forward to what you can build out of this if you like the core :]

Last edited:
Hey CTC, i wanted to try less standard stuff and i would love it if you could make a team around this mon

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
-Superpower/ Substitute

I really want to try Krow in OU.

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off / HP Grass
Sorry for the three teams at once, but I want to try using this.
Specs Omastar is a complete powerhouse, as basically everything is 2hkoed by a rain boosted attack. It can wreck Almost anything, ranging from Mega Venusaur, 2 shotting Rocky Helm Ferro with 168+ SDef, to beating Chansey with the Knock Off. the problem is that I can't make it work, so I'm dropping it down to the master.
Hydro's Power helps, Surf for accuracy, Ice Beam to hit Dragons, and Knock Off to beat Chans, or HP Grass for Keldeo.

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off / HP Grass
Specs Omastar is a complete powerhouse, as basically everything is 2hkoed by a rain boosted attack. It can wreck Almost anything, ranging from Mega Venusaur, 2 shotting Rocky Helm Ferro with 168+ SDef, to beating Chansey with the Knock Off. the problem is that I can't make it work, so I'm dropping it down to the master.
Hydro's Power helps, Surf for accuracy, Ice Beam to hit Dragons, and Knock Off to beat Chans, or HP Grass for Keldeo.
Pretty sure you can use this team of his and just sub out Kabu for Omastar.

chive feel free to modify it however u want.
as for the amph + mamo suggestion, i feel like both cover the same shit for rain, while amph is weak as all fuck outside of rain w measly 90 bp coverage moves n no boosting items/moves.
this team is more of a fatty type that i liked to use on rain a long time ago, while cruel w spray deals w clef who shits on fat shit. ace scor deals w hera, and u just gotta outplay the medis n gards since some fucktards thought they were balanced with aegi gone.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Kabutops (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge

Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Trait: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse

Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 212 HP / 248 Def / 16 SAtk / 32 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off / HP Grass
Also! He has an Omastar team right on the first page of his archive so I really dk what you are doing if you missed it. If you want to use it just sub Deo-S for Azelf and WHABAM good to go. The team he archived for us is the one below.

Team 10 - She kno Omastar so she givin me dat dome fossil

Yea i know kabu is better but i just rlly liked the idea of smash kabu in rain cuz nigga 2kos chans holy fuck,,,, also im p sure there was another reason but i forget so fuckit. im kinda weak to fuckin bisharp which is why lando isnt lanT, and scrf land was needed cuz thund is a bitch. pdc got to finals of a smogtour w this shit then choked on dix vs swagplay (BAN ME PLEASE) locopoke but hey sux2suk. just use zelf over deos, or use tw booom mew w spextoed like my old version.

Hide Hide
Imastar (Omastar) (F) @ Life Orb
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 136 HP / 228 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Taunt

Kingdra (F) @ Choice Specs
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Sleep Talk

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 112 HP / 180 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

azelf doesn't even come close to fulfilling the same niche deoxys-s has on that team bro
Duh. So what do you suggest? Put that team in ubers? Even CTC himself suggested to use Azelf over DeoS. == Did you read the post?

I want something around Specs Oma.
All you need to do is just use your specs set over the Shell Smash set that he provided. Omas is largely outclassed by Kabu in the rain but if you want to use Specs Oma then just use it. Specs Oma isn't something that is built around. The standard trio of the rain core are interswappable. If you wanna run Spec Oma then just run DD Kingdra or something. ._.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Thanks 4 all the support my niggis I'm gettin my graphics card upgraded so won't have my laptop for another few days but I will get back to all the requests. I think resh's suggestion is fine for that old Oma team, xept shits a bit weak to bisharp cuz zor doesn't have recovery. I can toss the uturn 3attacks set on it w roost to be tankier and check sharp better. In that case I might need a wall breaker over the kingdra slot be it sd kabu, sub seed colo or idk dd dra.

Hey CTC, love your work man!

Been keen to do some teambuilding work as I love it too, but I wanted to see if my thought processes were right. Also wanted to get your opinion on a Pokemon that I reckon will start to see a bit more play due to the banning of Mega Mawile and Aegislash.

JIRACHI

So even though ghost and steel hit this thing hard, two of the main Pokemon that gave it grief in OU have disappeared, and with the right core, it can be incredibly effective. Only really fears pokes like Greninja and powerful ground type attackers, so Rotom-W and Landorus-T make very good partners. With all 100s in stats, you have a lot of possibilities, but I honestly think it's best being specially defensive. The two big sets I can see it getting are either the SubTox set or the CM Set, with the former looking more effective in the current generation. Behind a sub, Jirachi becomes one of the best counters to Magic Guard Clefable, with Serene Grace Iron Head slowly taking its toll on the pink blob whilst it will need at least 2 flamethrowers to beat Jirachi. Not 100% on EVs, but maybe something like this:

Jirachi (leftovers)
Serene Grace
Careful nature
248 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 8 Spd
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Substitute
- Toxic/TWave

The 8 speed EVs are to outspeed other base 100 pokes who only want to invest 4 EVs there, and this means you can get a cheeky sub up on a Celebi before it tries to leech seed. I like the stall factor of toxic, but I feel like TWave is so good on Jirachi. It allows you to bring in something like a Mega Heracross which can handle paralysed Pokemon with ease, and the big bad bug also deals with one of Jirachi's biggest problems in Bisharp, however it normally loses 1 vs 1 if you predict the SP and go for a sub. Possibly the best partner for Jirachi when facing the annoying dark and fire type weaknesses is Scarfed Keldeo, since it outspeeds Greninja and couldn't care less about Bisharp (Getting knocked off can be annoying, but sometimes it makes keldeo more viable late game with Jirachi paralysis). Latias is a no-brainer as the last slot, because defogging and healing wish passing is so damn good right now. So at a glance my Jirachi team would be: Jirachi, Landorus-T, Rotom-W, Mega Heracross, Keldeo and Latias.

I feel that the team is balanced and could handle the majority of the OU threats, but if you have any improvements, I'd love to hear them. I think Jirachi is very underrated, and so the aim of this team was to make him the hero. I hope it's done that!

Ok tyvm.
So, just to make sure, new team looking like this:

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hydro Pump

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 136 HP / 228 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Rain Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

And can you give me the SubSeed Colo set?

Been wanting to see a team built around this dude, I think its got a lot of potential to do some work but I'm pretty stumped on where to start when teambuildin

rectum rabbit (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Def
Careful Nature
- Whirlpool
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Perish Song

Basically using perish trap is spreading aids everywhere but fuck it I still wanna try it out. This specific Azu set benefits its team by effectively luring, trapping, and eventually killing easy switch-ins to Azumarill such as Ferrothorn, opening the gates of hell to strong mons like megagard or megados to cause some pain. Whirlpool is the mvp on this set, trapping the opponent for a guaranteed full perish song, as long as Azumarill can tank the hits. Protect helps with that, blocking any damage possible while providing some health via lefties. Knock off is pretty filler to provide some additional support when possible. Feel free to customize the EVs and nature to deal with specific targets, I just kinda put filler EVs as I cba right now to calc to beat specific shit. Might even want to consider running Play Rough over Knock Off if it'll help support the team in the long run. As I said before I'm not entirely sure where to start with this guy, I'm thinking DD megados as the next member would be a fun time buuuuuut ill leave it up to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)