Player of the Week 5: Soulgazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello again and welcome to our next Player of the Week. This thread hopes to increase the visibility of prominent NU players to the community and the outside world while promoting both users and the strategies that they find to be effective in the metagame. If there is someone you would like to see interviewed, feel free to drop me a PM.

upload_2014-8-23_22-47-46.png
upload_2014-8-23_22-51-38.png

Soulgazer

Favorite Pokemon: Shiftry
Most known for: "being a fagot" -FLCL
"sg is best known for haxing people" - atomicllamas
Favorite Playstyle: Balance
Most used Pokemon: Between Garbodor and Feraligatr​

This week we're going to be talking to Soulgazer.

Lord Alphose: Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to Pokemon?

Soulgazer: i'm a french canadian who watch anime a bit too much, been playing Pokemon since i was little and i lurked like 1-2 years before making my smogon account to ask for a swagplay liepard ban.

Lord Alphose: I have come to the conclusion that nobody but Canadians can play NU.

Lord Alphose: How and when did you start playing NU? Do you remember your first team?

Soulgayzer: uhm i started playing NU back in bw1 and I started playing NU because I was getting tired of OU at the time, and I ended up falling in love with the tier and I've been playing NU ever since then. as for my first team, I don't have any clue. been a while.

Lord Alphose: When did you first fight real NU players? When was the first time you really got destroyed by someone who just totally outclassed you?

Soulgazer: I remember getting tossed by Sweet Jesus and ShuckleKing back when I used to ladder a lot. iirc I think it was late bw1 / beginning of bw2.

Lord Alphose: What is your favorite element of NU?

Soulgazer: the community. and I also like how a lot of things are viable and that you can make anything work, like obscure stuff

Lord Alphose: If you could change one thing about NU by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?

Soulgazer: uhm, i honestly have no idea. I like the tier how it is at the moment, although Mesprit and Feraligatr are a bit too good, but they are top tier threats after all.

Lord Alphose: NU user or player you most admire?

Soulgazer: i don't 'admire' them, but I like how zebraiken and annoyer always love to build with the most random things and can win with them and make them popular too. and how can i forget flcl who innovated gurdurr + rotom

Lord Alphose: What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?

Soulgazer: Feraligatr. it will always work

DTC: What is the most overrated and underrated Pokemon in NU right now?

Soulgazer: overrated? spiritomb. as for underrated, garbodor needs more love

scorpedestroyer: What's the most fun gimmick you've used?

Soulgazer: Choice Specs Primeape in BW2. It always did work for some reasons and even made cbt ragequit a game.

Lord Alphose: Who's going to win NUPL?

Soulgazer: the team that cares the most. it's still 0-0 so it can go either way but I trust my team to do a good job

Lord Alphose: Advice to new NUers?

Soulgazer: uhm, while NU is all about Pokemon that see close to no usage in upper tier, not everything is good and sometimes using a team of your 6 favorite won't do well. so i would say to read the Viability Ranking and other threads such as NU Teambuilding and the Good Cores thread is a good start. and just try and prepare for the threats

Lord Alphose: And can you give me something like a mini-RMT?
Skuntank (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 176 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Duosion (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Protect

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

one of my favorite teams that I made during SPL5 for bw2 nu. it has like 6 sets that I like A LOT with some underrated Pokemon. probably my best balance team in bw2
Thank you so much for your time Soulgazer, and I'll be back next week with a different player.

I was losing this topic. Luckily I don't. I like his posts and I want to tell him that. However, next time I'd prefer an XY team, so I can use immediately. You have to pay attention next time, dude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)