Serious Smogon should ban transfer only moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain and simple every gen before gen 6 is easily hackable. Look i got a system where i can easily (but through long a tedious process via pokesav and flashcarts) get an edited a pokemon in bw then get it through pokemon bank but only to help breeding. I'm strictly a legit trainer i sparingly battle with transferred pokemon even in non-wifi matches and have spent many hours breeding a legitimate team of which i use.

What i really hate however is that when i get a legitimate team i can't use these transfer only moves which is fine by me but i don't want to have to use hacked pokemon in order to have the right moves and IVs/Nature/EV which is much more frustrating in the previous gens. Also transfer only move are not open to new players or players who have not been able to preserve every generation of pokemon and the consoles it's simply none sensical to accept that this is fair.

Gen 6 only players cannot have the full moveset while older players, richer players and hackers can have the full move set? It's discrimination (well a little too far) trainers in competition should have access to an equal move pool.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
a. Wrong Section.

B. Smogon couldn't care less. Our official platform is online simulators that have built in move-mon legality checker. Take up your beef with nintendo/make an angsty post in nuggetbridge forums where it'll at least be relevant. if just as useless.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Smogon are literally ruining their own metagame!
TOA: Try almost any forum but the ones near the bottom!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Smogon's version of Pokémon is played mainly on simulators. Our simulators allow everyone to have an equal playing field. As stated previously, your issue lies with Nintendo's practices, not with Smogon's.

Also, if a forum's description says it is for "discussing the world outside Pokémon," you probably shouldn't post a Pokémon thread in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)