Big Super Hero Mafia - Game Over - Villains Win

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Those seem like things a VILLAIN would do, just saying

I think people are just having a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact the flavor in this game is completely inverted...

For the last time, the Villains are the VILLAGE

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Hi there, I'm stepping up to lead the village. Do let me know if you would like a bomb, and I will send it to you!

Dear User,

You are The Green Goblin.

While attempting to create a super soldier serum, you were driven to madness when you experimented with the drug on yourself. Now, with a whole host of gadgets as well as superhuman strength, you vowed to take vengeance on those who opposed your scientific advances, as well as Spiderman who sought to stop you.

You are holding a Pumpkin Bomb. At Night, you may PM LonelyNess “Night X - Setting Timer to X”, where X is the number of cycles from the end of the current cycle that you want your Pumpkin Bomb to explode. Once your Pumpkin Bomb is set to explode, you would not dare hold onto it yourself and must give it away the following night. Where it goes after that is someone else’s problem. When the Pumpkin Bomb explodes, whoever is holding it will die.

You are allied with The Villains. You win if the Villains are the last remaining faction Alive.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Hello dear villagers, I'd like you all to NOT CLAIM TO US

Right after subbing in he assaults me telling me RODAN already claimed role name to him and I should claim too to confirm we claim the same. After questioning him on this being real and requesting logs(with the name being removed of course) he took a really long while to final post them. After that I didn't find that enough anymore and requested he tell me the first and last letter of my role, to which he only replied(and has been saying that p much the second I started questioning him) that he will not reply to my trolling. I gave him many last chances to tell me my first and last letters, to which he has not replied and kept ignoring me. So I have to conclude he tried to trick my role name out of me, please refrain from claiming to him.

UncleSam

Leading this village
LonelyNess said:
Dear User,

You are Thanos.

Born on Saturn’s moon Titan, you are a member of the ancient race known as the Deviants. After being cast out of your home world due to their fear of your power, you stumbled upon the physical embodiment of death in the form of a woman. After falling in love with her, you vowed to show your love to her by completing the Infinity Gauntlet and ruling the universe.

<SNIP>

You are at the moment not strong enough to aid your allies in combat. You have the Infinity Gauntlet with you, host of the Infinity Gems. If you were to gather the Infinity Gems, great power would be bestowed upon you.

You are allied with The Villains. You win if the Villains are the last remaining fact
I would note that ipl's has only one space between the 'Dear User' line and the role name line...

As for why my win condition cuts off early, apparently it's how roughly half the village PMs (and possibly some of the mafia PMs too, idk) were sent, based on people I've talked to thus far.

ipl may or may not be lying; I will try to figure out what his deal is, but I suspect he is telling the truth.

LightWolf, I'm not sure what you're accusing me of lol, when you're a villager you refuse to claim (not helpful) and when you're mafia you generally admit it so I rolled the dice and have determined you are probably village (based on RODAN's reaction as well). How does this make me scummy idgi

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Alright, considering UncleSam is extremely shady after all this lying business plus Thanos being a shady claim due to the nature of the character and the possibility of him being a neutral + ipls claim seems suspicious due to the relative weakness of the role (just one item as a power? hard to believe) combined with the fact that its ipl..., I feel it is due to get actual shit rolling.

i am a sentinel (yeah those badass things in the new xmen movie). i am part of a mason faction within the village that knows other sentinels. now for the more unexperienced players, you might be wondering why a mason faction is a great choice for leading. simple put, it gives us a headstart in knowledge. we have a few confirmed villagers that are trusted by each other, so in case of an early casualty, the village doesnt lose as much due to any of the other masons being able to take over the last one.

so yeah, ill be taking your claims. and if it wasnt clear enough: do not claim to ipl or unclesam.

Dear Users,

You are the Sentinels.

Built by Bolivar Trask to eradicate the Mutants on Earth, you are incredibly powerful beings that have a range of useful abilities.

At night, you may decide who each of you protects by PM’ing LonelyNess “Night X - Sending ALIAS to cover ALIAS 2”. Alias 1 is a sentinel.

With 1 Sentinels covering someone, you will be able to stop any non killing roles from affecting your target.

With 2 Sentinels covering someone, you will be able to stop all killing roles from affecting your target.

The Sentinels are:

SNIP

You are allied with The Villains. You win if the Villains are the last remaining faction Alive.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Wow haha ok I will get this out of the way first: reyscarface just claimed a role name that is NOT a Villain. The Sentinels are mindless killing robots that kill anything they are programmed to; they are certainly NOT Villains.

Secondly, the flavor says 'that have a range of useful abilities' and then lists two protective roles. That range though.
(HINT: He is obviously hiding some roles, note that the Sentinels were KILLING machines, it makes no sense for their roles to be purely protective)

Thirdly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the Sentinels, were they in this game, would 100% need to kill all the mutants in this game. Note that user: moi has claimed Magneto. There is no way that both moi and reyscarface are village aligned.

I like how rey accuses me of being neutral when I have claimed a real villain whose existence is guaranteed in this game (the only problem people have with Thanos, again, is that he is TOO Villainous...which, once you've wrapped your head around the flavor inversion in this game, is not a point against but rather FOR me being clean), and then goes ahead and claims a CLEARLY NEUTRAL role name.

On the plus side, moi is almost certainly clean in light of the existence of the Sentinels.

So, to conclude do NOT contact neutral reyscarface, who needs at least one villager dead; if you think moi is cleaner than I am, at this point I can live with that given rey essentially just confirmed that he is clean. I will demand that everyone claim to one of the two of us ASAP.

You tell us to stop reading into the game so much and then you come up with that load of rubbish

While I have little reason to trust rey rn, what you're pointing out (hiding roles) isn't actually indicative of rey being maf or neutral

And Sentinels ARE villains, you can't just say that they're not because they're programmed to be villainous...

Also I get your point that Sentinels and mutants (Magneto) wouldn't work together, but what's there to suggest Magneto isn't a mafia? He's less of a villain and more of an anti-hero. His intentions do have justification behind them, it's not just "I want to destroy all humans because i'm evil". Also remember he did work with fellow mutants in First Class (and parts of DofP)!

Not saying people should claim to rey, but your reasoning doesn't hold up US.

LightWolf

lightwoof
To make sure: US admitted to trying to trick my role name out of me and told me I was just trolling before I went public with this information. What kind of villager attempts to trick his allies out of their information? You were given plenty of chances to admit you were trying to trick me yet you insisted me questioning RODAN having claimed to you as trolling! Also you give us no reason to trust moi other than saying trust moi because you know something we don't, no not happening. Also ipl lacking a spacing after USER, is not a mistake he made, if you directly try to paste your role instead of quoting it, it always cuts of a space there for whatever reason.

So yeah people please don't claim to US, nor moi as long as moi doesn't actually come forward with why one should claim to him.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Villain
[vil-uh n]
noun
1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel.

The Sentinels are NOT Villains; Bolivar Flask might be a Villain, but the Sentinels are no more Villains than the Stormtroopers in Star Wars or the Orcs in Lord of the Rings. They do evil things, yes, at the bequest of the ACTUAL Villains (Emperor Palpatine and Sauron/Saruman, respectively), but they themselves are not Villains. Also Bolivar Flask would obviously share a hatred of mutants.

Magneto is a Villain in the comics and in 99% of the movies; to say that he was not a Villain in First Class is like saying Anakin Skywalker is not a Villain because he was good in A Phantom Menace; that was his ORIGIN story. That being said, I wouldn't just 100% assume moi is clean but I will probably trust him with my full role and think he is a hell of a lot cleaner than reyscarface or ipl. He OBVIOUSLY isn't mafia (I mean, seriously?) he MIGHT be a neutral but I think it's unlikely (he also might be lying about his role, though that seems unlikely as well given rey's claim).

Also wtf when did I say to 'stop reading too much into the game'??? If anything START reading into it and see that with the inversion of flavor there's no such thing as being TOO Villainous...

The hiding roles thing on it's own might not condemn rey; in conjunction with the fact that there is no way his claimed role name is village, it provides additional evidence of how full of shit he is.

[10:56] <LightWolf> oi
[10:56] <LightWolf> NO ONE CLAIM TO UNCLESAM
[10:56] <LightWolf> check the thread
[10:56] <LightWolf> thank you
[10:56] <LightWolf> (see NOW I'm trolling)
(for the newbies who can't tell when LW is being facetious (most of the time) vs serious) (also this might give some indication why no one should ever tell the truth to LW as a village leader, ever)

rules said:
You may not paste, screenshot or forward anything I tell you over forums, IRC or anywhere else unless explicitly allowed.
so US are those logs fake or what ??? (or it could be that that part of the rules is outdated or something idk)

LightWolf

lightwoof
US I don't care so much about you lying to me, as much as I care about how you acted during it. You literally accused me of being a troll and refused to admit your lie over and over again as I warned you for hours I was gonna go open with what you tried to pull off. You had no fucking reason to ignore me instead of admitting you tried to trick my role name out of me. Also you claimed in front of everyone in #super that after my "trolling" you were gonna post that I'm likely village in the thread, for absolutely no reason. You had no reason not to come clean to me after I saw through your lie!

You are honestly trying to blame ME for the shit you got into after lying and frankly insulting me when I was absolutely correct. If you just asked for my claim nothing would have changed for the worse and you wouldn't be in this shit you are currently. Yeah sure I like to joke around but I don't lie with my jokes, when I say don't claim to US there in a mocking way copying what you said I FUCKING MEANT IT. Unlike you I'm not dishonest, heck I can't mole for the life of me, I prefer being mafia contact at all times! Yeah arguing with me is fucking annoying clearly, but you seriously underestimated me and tried to trick me then failed to take responsibility for your failure before it came back to bite you in the ass. Your whole story doesn't add up and I don't see how as a village leader you'd be that desperate for my role name that you felt the need to try and trick me like that.

So yeah don't claim to US people, nor moi till he gets a chance to talk at least. I'd love to step up myself but it ain't happening sadly, even though I don't really like any of the current options.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
the sentinels are in every single way villains in the x-men stories. they want to kill the heroes, how is that not villain ffs. regardless, even if we go by your definition of the word villain, we have no idea what lns definition of villain is, and i also dont believe everything will make sense as far as the comic canon goes. ill tell you this though, you made my day because claiming sentinels arent villains when they were the main villains in the most recent xmen movie is the absolute stupidest thing ive heard this month. i guess youre starting to get desperate after someone else called your bullshit, though.

this is without mentioning out of every villain in the comic world why would i claim sentinel if i wasnt actually one, im sure if i were scum id have a much better fake than that.

i repeat: claiming to unclesam is a horrible idea. this isnt just me telling you, this is me, a couple other users calling his role shady, and lightwolf calling him out on bullshit (a villager would never have to pull that kind of shit for a claim). claiming to ipl is probably safer, but again, his role leaves major questions open. Ill be on IRC all day and you can PM me there if you want to talk or claim. we need to organize this shit ASAP especially with a potential mole like unclesam having info already.

UncleSam

Leading this village
rey give it up lol the Sentinels are programmed to kill EVERYTHING, not just the heroes; you probably need to kill some mafia but also some villagers (note I'm not calling you mafia).

LightWolf I literally posted that you are likely village ten seconds after you posted, I have no clue what my being dishonest with you is supposed to prove. You aren't stating why what I did was shady, you're just stating what I did then saying NO ONE CLAIM TO US.

If you want me to take you seriously and treat you like other players then stop being ridiculously difficult to deal with every. single. game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)