XY OU Bye Mawile-Mega ! (Peaked 1775)

Introduction :
Hey everyone ! Today i would like to present my Mawile team. I would like any good constructive criticism / opinions you have on this team. Thank you very much !

Proof of peak :
Proof of peak.PNG

Teambuilder :

This is pretty self-explainatory.

Because I decided my Mawile doesn't carry Focus Punch, Heatran walls it so i taked Keldeo.

I wanted a Water / Fire / Grass core, so Heatran and Ferrothorn joined the team.

I needed a Defogger / Spinner, so i taked the best Defogger imo : Latias or Latios. Personally, i prefer Latias.

This is very weak against Sand Offense and i doesn't have a Revenge Killer. So i taked Landorus-T.

The Team at Glance :

The Members :

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Mawile is just a great Mega. A amazing typing, the best attack of the game, she has a correct bulk 50/125/95. This moveset is really classic, Play Rough is her most powerful STAB, Sucker Punch for strong priority move which solves its low speed, great coverage with the fairy type and destroys all those frails sweepers at +2 and gives to Mawile a revenge killer job. Fire Fang is here to deal with steal walls (Scizor-Mega, Skarmory and Ferrothorn). It also checks Conkeldurr AV who can do a lot of damages if I misspredict. An Adamant nature maximizes Mawile's damage output, while the Speed EVs let Mawile outpace Scizor(-Mega) and Azumarill. The rest goes to HP.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is the powerhouse of the team, and it is a extremely reliable answer to Heatran, who walls my Mawile. With Mawile-Mega, the entire offensive core becomes solid, as Mawile-Mega takes care of the Lati twins for Keldeo (without HP Fire). Latias is an extremely reliable Defogger... Unless you're faced with a pursuit trapper. Because of this, opposing Bisharps can easily abuse this and get a free +2 on your Defog. So, a reliable counter to Bisharp is necessary. Keldeo, being resistant to both of Bisharp's STABs and also its deadly priority Sucker Punch, handles a +2 Bisharp, thus fulfilling this very crucial role of a Bisharp check. Tyranitar is also another very common pursuit trapper in the current meta, which Keldeo also handle with ease. Mega Medicham (also a huge threat to the team. Actually screw that, a huge threat to every team) is also readily checked by Keldeo. To deal with Mega Medi, normally, you could go out into Landorus-T to absorb a High Jump Kick, then U-Turn out. It is also the part 1 of the WFG core. The last slot was difficult to choose. HP Electric for Azumarills and Gyarados, but I already have Ferrothorn. Hidden Power Flying for Venusaur-Mega, but Latios and Heatran can beat him 1vs1. Finally i choosed Icy Wind, for Dragonite. A Timid nature is used to allow Keldeo to outspeed important threats such as Garchomp, Landorus, and Kyurem-B.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Ferrothorn is the defensively baised "glue" to the team. It is also the Part 2 of my WFG core.With it's amazing defensive typing and stats, it hinders some of the biggest threats in the metagame from overpowering me. Mega Gyarados, Azumarill, Manaphy, Suicune, non HP Fire Greninja, Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, non Fire Blast Garchomp, and non Fire Punch Dragonite are all handled by Ferrothorn. Even though it lacks reliable recovery, it is high up on the list of pokes that's hard to wear down, due to it's passive recovery in Leech Seed and Leftovers + Protect. Leech Seed and Protect are neccesary for Ferrothorn to function as well as a tank. Power Whip gives it a way of hitting bulky Waters. Spikes are really useful to weak Sand Offense members : Excadrill and Tyranitar who lack recovery. The given EV spread allows Ferrothorn to fare well against both physically and specially based opponents. Specifically, an investment of 168 Special Defense EVs allows Ferrothorn to survive two Ice Beams from Manaphy after a Tail Glow.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran is my special wall of the team , the part 3 of my FWG core and my stall breaker. Heatran is also here to counter Talonflamme without Taunt and set up Stealth Rock. It also OHKO Ferrothorn, who can be annoying without Heatran. Leftovers is the item of choice, as it's great for healing off residual damage. 248 HP EVs are used to minimize entry hazard damage, while 40 Speed EVs are used to outspeed Adamant Mega Mawile. The rest is put in Special Defense for additional special bulk. A Calm nature is used to further boost Heatran's Special Defense. Pretty standard set.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latias is an offensive sweeper, a utility aid, a pseudo cleric and my Defogger. Latias is also the team's switch-in to Keldeo, Charizard Y and Rotom-W (Ferro doesn't like Will-O-Wisp burns), so Latias is undoubtedly the most crucial member on the squad. Draco Meteor serves as Latias's primary STAB attack due to its high Base Power and excellent neutral coverage. Healing Wish allows Latias to completely heal a weakened teammate once its job of removing entry hazards is done. This is very important, because my Mons don't have reliable recovery.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Landorus-T is my Revenge Killer and also my answer against DD Charizard-Mega-X and Sand Offense. He is the best Choice Scarfer in OU imo (like Flygon in 4G). He has access to EdgeQuake, U-Turn, what else ? Superpower to deal against Sand Offenses. Superpower to deal against DD Tyranitar-Mega (EQ don't OHKO) and Air Balloon Excadrill. I don't use Stone Edge because of misses. Rock Slide OHKOs Mega Pinsir, Volcorona, Talonflame and Thundurus (after rocks) anyway, so the extra power from Stone Edge is not needed. Jolly to outspeed Adament + 1 Charizard-Mega-X.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thanks for reading this RMT, please let me know your thoughts about it : And English isn't my native language, please accept errors !

Last edited:
First comment to notice this. Smogon banned Mawile boss, sorry.
Other than that, I do like the team, but you have some major holes in it, being x2 Fire, Fighting, Ice. I would suggest Knock Off>Superpower if your running U-Turn on Landorus and it helps you in the long run. Favorite thing about this? You opted HP Electric instead HP Flying, VERY creative!

I know Mawilite is banned, look at the title. I choosed Icy Wind, C/P error. I explained why I choosed Superpower, but thanks for the rate !

Hey mango smoothie, pretty cool team ;]. My suggession to replace mawile now that its uber.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Unburden
104 Hp / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant
Brick Break
Acrobatics
Swords Dance
U-Turn

[10:22:12 PM] The King: about time this beast gets a badge
[10:22:15 PM] ʎǝoɾ: you need
[10:22:17 PM] ʎǝoɾ: 30-40
[10:22:19 PM] ʎǝoɾ: quality ones
[10:22:19 PM] ʎǝoɾ: b4
[10:22:20 PM] ʎǝoɾ: lol
[10:22:45 PM] The King: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-archive-xy-ou-nominations.3490984/#post-5690984
[10:22:31 PM] The King: rate
[10:22:32 PM] The King: out of 10
[10:22:43 PM] The King: that set
[10:22:44 PM] ʎǝoɾ: 2
[10:22:45 PM] The King: is proven
[10:22:45 PM] ʎǝoɾ: lol
[10:22:48 PM] ʎǝoɾ: you gotta say
[10:22:49 PM] ʎǝoɾ: why
[10:22:51 PM] ʎǝoɾ: you are changing it
[10:22:53 PM] ʎǝoɾ: and how it fits
[10:22:54 PM] ʎǝoɾ: with the team

ok then:
-Anti-leads and switches in to most attacks.
-SD Unburden STAB Acrobatics annihilates everything. People have forfeited before because of this.
-Even without SD, Unburden Acrobat and BB is still pretty powerful.

Hope i helped!

Last edited:
I would recomand changing Mega-mawile with Mega Medicham

with this one :

Gini (Medicham-Mega) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

or

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

As ur new mega since megas are realy powerfull and help good in teams ^^

I have tested your propositions and :
- Hawlucha is awesome. Really unrated. Finally, i taked HJK because of this : +2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 151-178 (49.6 - 58.5%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 261-307 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
-Pinsir and Medicham are really good, but my team struggle against Talonflamme with Taunt and Brave Bird destroys your 3 propositions. Any ideas against it ?

I have tested your propositions and :
- Hawlucha is awesome. Really unrated. Finally, i taked HJK because of this : +2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 151-178 (49.6 - 58.5%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 261-307 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
-Pinsir and Medicham are really good, but my team struggle against Talonflamme with Taunt and Brave Bird destroys your 3 propositions. Any ideas against it ?
Switch to heatran cause talonflame doen't do much against it and if u can fake out and then switch ^^

Okay, Talonflamme cannot sweep my team but i can't kill it. My best shot is Rock Slide of Landorus-T, but if the Scarf is revealed... Talonflamme is the check of Medicham, not a counter. Talonflamme rarely comes into a Medicham. Maybe Rotom-W > Keldeo for my team ?

Last edited:

kloshitt

Banned deucer.
lol talonflame gets stopped by heatran i thought lmao also i wanna ask what u will use over mmawile

Now, i use Hawlucha; I said "Talonflamme cannot sweep my team but i can't kill it." So if Tran is weakned, i lose the game. And Rotom-W doesn't have a lot of offensive presence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)