XY NU Working to Learn NU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up everyone, I'm trying to get better at teambuilding in NU but there are so many different strategies that I can't get a team to work consistently. That may just be the nature of the beast but if you can check out this team I quickly built and give some feedback that would be awesome. Thanks.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit

This is my suicide lead obviously, there to get up some hazards quickly because they help the rest of my team a lot.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Gyro Ball

Wanted to try Steelix as a physical wall, even though it really has some weaknesses that are quite popular in NU currently. Stacks SR on to Spikes and helps phase when Dragon Tail connects. When X/Y first came out, I actually used this in UU a bit and it did some work.

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

An offensive supporting Spiritomb to block spin and hurt physical powerhouses that are running around the tier. I went with BlackGlasses over Lefties because I wanted a little more power.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic

Altaria is my specially defensive wall, also useful to take status effects. Nothing too special, never used it so I wanted to give it a shot.

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Cryogonal is my main special attacker, and really my only one. I've seen the Freeze-Dry/HP Ground combo do some work and I needed something to remove pesky SR that hurt a few things on my team.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Finally I chose physically offensive Sawk because it has a lot of coverage and hits like a truck. I like having the Fairy coverage to pick off switch ins.

I put these team together pretty quickly using analyses on the forums. I like my defensive core but I don't know that the team has enough attack power to break some of the more common walls in the tier. Fairy types could create a large problem for me, as three of my Pokes are weak to them. All suggestions are welcomed. I sort of put the team together 3 and 3, let me know what you think.

you need at least three lines of description for each pokemon in order to explain the choices in the pokemon and sets. take a look at the rmt rules and other rmts to see what's expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)