Smogon Superstars V | Playoffs Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Smogon Superstars V

I'm hosting this round upon request.

Previous rounds of this tournament:
[ Seeding Rounds: R1 | R2 | R3 ] / Qualifiers / [ Playoffs: R1 | R2 | R3 | R4 ]
---
Smogon Superstars I : Won by Jibaku
Smogon Superstars II : Won by 6A9 Ace Matador
Smogon Superstars III: Won by Aeroblacktyl
Smogon Superstars IV: Won by panamaxis
Smogon Superstars V : Won by ????

Round 1 - Round 2 - Round 3 - Qualifiers - Playoffs R1
Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

Use Smogtours for all battles and make sure you save all of your replays! Announce your battles when / if you can so as many people as possible can view these excellent battles!

Top 16

1) FLCL [12-3-0]
2) Reymedy [12-3-0]
3) Ojama [11-4-0]
4) Hantsuki [11-3-1]
5) Conflict [10-5-0]
6) Dekzeh [10-5-0]
7) Bad Ass [10-5-0]
8) yan[sogeking] [10-5-0]
9) MarceloDK [10-5-0]
10) Leftiez [10-3-2]
11) Ciele [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
12) Masterclass [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
13) PDC [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]
14) Kevin Garrett [9-6-0] [0 Group Wins]
15) -Tsunami- [8-5-2] [1 Group Win]
16) Eo Ut Mortus [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]

---

Round 5

Loser's Bracket
:

Kevin Garrett vs -Tsunami-
Conflict vs PDC

KG, this current deadline applies to Conflict vs PDC and yan[sogeking] vs Reymedy (as well as you vs -Tsunami-). You technically do not have to play a match this round because you already completed it, but the next match for the loser's bracket will be:

Kevin Garrett vs (Conflict vs PDC)​

Winner's Bracket:

yan[sogeking] vs Reymedy

---

DEADLINE: Thursday, August 21st @ 6PM EST

Please get your matches done quickly. The faster they get done, the faster we move onto the next round.

Last edited:

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
im kinda in a rush this week, so is possible to give extension for my game until friday?
reymedy agreed with it, so we should be playing friday night.
i dont think it will delay the tour anyway.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
bop Conflict PDC deadline is tomorrow, even if you're just waiting to play on a certain day gimme an update so we can keep this rollin

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
well ok i got a life too so i'll see if soge can take the time to play some pokemon when i'm done with the start of my final school year

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
This is pretty bad. After all of the criticism directed at FireMage and the tournament is still stagnating because the players aren't doing their job to at least get the matches done in a reasonable amount of time. It's hard to believe this has lasted the entire summer and now everyone has less available time to play.

For me, this past week was the last week I'll be readily available and I still don't have an opponent yet for what should have been last round's match. Can you guys get it together?

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
lost to conflict in dpp and bw, ggs!

never should have let u unfreeze rip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)