League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doublelift is the most overrated player in the short history of this game. CLG will continue to be a B+ team as long as he is on the roster. I don't care how good he can be mechanically every now and then, he lacks everything else it takes to be a good player. Always has and always will.

Aphromoo is the only real quality player on CLG and I feel bad for the guy because I think he deserves to be on a world stage this season. The rest of the roster is subpar.

I hope they stick around though because watching CLG's hopes and dreams get crushed every season is the best part of being a TSM fan.

Doublelift is the most overrated player in the short history of this game. CLG will continue to be a B+ team as long as he is on the roster. I don't care how good he can be mechanically every now and then, he lacks everything else it takes to be a good player. Always has and always will.

Aphromoo is the only real quality player on CLG and I feel bad for the guy because I think he deserves to be on a world stage this season. The rest of the roster is subpar.

I hope they stick around though because watching CLG's hopes and dreams get crushed every season is the best part of being a TSM fan.
my fucking god, it's like you pasted everything on my mind onto a single post about doublelift

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ingame atm more thoughts on this later

Nien was pressured out by the community and his own depression which he never really talked about. The team misses him but hey sometimes you kinda just gotta go. I believe still harbors some sort of grudge for the community's bashing but he is probably ready again to play on the big stage.

Seraph hasnt been impressive but I wonder how much of it has to do with CLG's toplane inhibition

Dexter imploded recently and I'm not sure what went wrong.

Link is in a weird state atm because he says that he enjoys playing support based midlaners the most even though his solo queue history is filled with assassins and playmakers. I'm sure he can play whatever but he might be mentally blocking himself.

Doublelift has had a great split until the last 3 weeks or so and I think it's a bit unfair to throw everything down on him. Will edit more thoughts on this later i think.

Aphro is still the king so I hope he sticks around.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
cos dig looked like shit coming into the playoffs then played much better than expected (+ all of tsm looking awful except lustnami). clg the hype was real and now it's dead so people are upset

remember when clg was like this!!! http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...iler_counter_logic_gaming_vs_curse_postmatch/

before they even had dexter they had the rotatorion down or maybe iwd just sucked but still.. and now they have this whole nah guys lets all rotate to take out the split push nid and give up all the rest of the map's towers.

also what was with all the adc bans? they really afraid of cop or something? Not that his corki wasn't really good and all but still seems kinda silly to spend so much time trying to ban him out. And of any role to try and ban out right now adc seems like the least possible

ps is curse the only good na team or???

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i was pulling super hard for dig but as soon as they didn't pick nasus with practically the same comp in game 2, i knew it was over

like the only reason to not pick nasus there is you're scared tsm has some hidden counter you don't know about. which they didn't, but dig played the rest of the series super scared anyways and eventually lost to tsm's better map play. dig needed to go super aggro, play to their strengths and not give a fuck, instead they tried some samsung blue shit and failed miserably

seriously, why did they replace nien again? he did nothing wrong the team makes him play full tank characters even after they fall off for a bit and then they wont let him play shyvana. makes sense. he plays slightly below average while doublelift and link play like shit so they scrap him.
im not saying that dlift and link arent shit (they both are!), but nien was pretty bad too...i can definitely recall at least two instances him losing a 1v1 pre 6 as renekton vs balls/dyrus shyvana, sans jungle pressure, which is a fucking disgrace tbh. renekton stomps shyv till level 9 and then she slowly outscales, but if you're losing pre 6 you are a garbage top laner compared to your opposition. i agree he wasn't the fucking anchor dragging everyone down like some people seemed to think but he wasn't helping them either.

clg just needs to dump their entire roster except aphro, take a split to find and train new talent, then make another worlds run next season. seraph is average and not improving, dexter is inconsistent as fuck, link hates the game, and dlift is trash w/moments of brilliance, but not nearly enough to make him a contender for worlds. good challenger players in na exist...CLG Dead Vegetto...despite how much everyone tries to deny it. as much as people call the gosu move a pr stunt i hope it actually works out because gosu has great mechanics like dlift, but is completely new to the competitive scene so he can be trained to become a good adc instead of being stuck in the mental rut of 1v5 carry like dlift has been for the last 2 seasons.

last thing i would like to say (ive been saying it all year on reddit) IWD is underrated as FUCK and is top 2 in his region imo. he has been steadily improving this season and has been showing up recently. his bad champs got nerfed (lee and elise) and now he can play shit he's good at and not get annihilated early game (kha, eve, noc)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
On what planet has this ever been true? Doublelift was on a slump (edit to: was on a shitty ass fucking team) in season 3 and still looked great and this season he was CLEARLY the best ADC in the region by FAR. If you're determining factor for always being on a B+ team is the fact that he's not a shotcaller then yeah you're totally fucking right, but that's also the dumbest metric in the world. I mean sure, he's not smart enough about the game to be the one to LEAD a team, but on a team with smart decision making and he'd be completely fucking devastating. CLG's problem is a lackluster mid laner and a jungler who doesn't know how to do anything on his own, and a top laner all too ready to not have any voice in the team.

Ok that explains it then.

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
On what planet has this ever been true? Doublelift was on a slump in season 3 and still looked great and this season he was CLEARLY the best ADC in the region by FAR.
what the fuck

better adcs: sneaky, vasilii, wildturtle, altec

worse adcs: imaqtpie??

hop off the dick, aphromoo carried dlift through laning phase every single game and he still underperforms in teamfights

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
im not getting into the whos the best adc debate but i will say this: if you think wildturtle was better taking into account the whole split then youre either fucking dumb or didnt watch shit. he was the WORST adc in na for over half the split

did anyone actually expect dig to win they were slumping so hard

wildturtle was the worst adc for half the split because tsm was the worst team for half the split

double didnt play that well this season the twitch initiate just sealed the deal for his level of play

What a catastrophe. CLG were caught up in their own hype all season, top 3 team, most potential internationally, doublelift no.1. Monte's mouth didn't do CLG any favours, only messed with player's heads.

CLG knew they couldn't lose this because of the potential backlash they created with the trip to Korean and shittalk all season. It happened and now they need to replace 80% of their organization. Hopefully TSM don't go to worlds either.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I never said anything about Doublelift needing to be a shotcaller or leading the team TheValkyries so I can't really respond to that argument you just had with yourself. If you honestly think that Doublelift is some kind of god who is only being held back by his team's decision making then that's your opinion and good luck with it.

Yeah Rey, Turtle has been trash all season. I drafted him for fantasy and he was dead weight half of the time.

Ok that explains it then.
TSM TSM TSM

doublelift still one of the strongest ADCs in NA on an individual level(and the only american vayne on his level while we know what players such as piglet can do with the champ), link's mechanics are also ridiculous, so what's happening with their team? do they need a more adhesive shotcaller + strategist :/
They need discipline, which is impossible with their current roster. Egos still run CLG.

Mechanics don't mean anything at this level if you don't have the right picks and bans as well as map pressure. See Rekkless vs Alliance in game 1 and 2 of EU finals.

CLG's problem is a lackluster mid laner and a jungler who doesn't know how to do anything on his own, and a top laner all too ready to not have any voice in the team..
Disagree. If its anyone who doesn't know how to do anything on their own then its Double. Link and Dexter should have beaten Voy and IWD but their terrible picks (Ryze mid... don't care if korea picks it, it sucks) and picking a squishy jungler against nunu just doesn't work in this AD hyper carry meta (could also use TSM vs Dig as an example of this). Replace their mid and jungler again and season 5 will end up the same as season 3 and 4. It's just CLG culture.

doublelift's problem is that he's also the primary shotcaller on the team

his mechanics can be fantastic and it is indisputable that he was at one point the best AD carry in north america, but strangely enough it seems to be his shotcalling that's dragging him down

CLG need a new shotcaller (or DL needs a new team) so that DL can focus purely on mechanics, as horrible decision-making was probably the thing that dragged CLG down the most during that match

draft phase was awful but that's mainly due to Seraph being terrible on Maokai, Link refusing to play Yasuo, and CLG tunneling too hard on curse's cheese picks like trist mid

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I never said anything about Doublelift needing to be a shotcaller or leading the team TheValkyries so I can't really respond to that argument you just had with yourself. If you honestly think that Doublelift is some kind of god who is only being held back by his team's decision making then that's your opinion and good luck with it.
Well I had to argue with myself since you nor anyone else is offering any real criticism of his play. You're just declaring he's completely overrated and citing nothing, so the proper response would be backing your claims up and elaborating on your extremely vague thoughts?

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Wild turtle had an awful start to the split but seems to finally have stabilized. I can't form a real opinion on DL because clg is just a mess. Maybe he would play better on a different team, or maybe not who knows.

TSM > LMQ
C9 > CRS

C9 > TSM
CRS > LMQ

As for the relegation match. It's a 50/50 for me. I lean slightly clg.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
doublelift's problem is that he's also the primary shotcaller on the team
This is completely untrue. The main shotcallers on CLG are Link and Dexter (with Dexter focusing on the early game and transitioning to Link for lategame), and Aphro is the one shotcalling botlane. Doublelift just shoots things. He just happens to be the most vocal member and is the team captain. However, Doublelift himself has stated that his team captain title is nothing more than a title.

What CLG needs to work on is communication and gameplan with toplane. They have used the same toplane playstyle since hotshotgg became known as a tank player in season 2, and it limits what Seraph (or really any toplaner) can do for the team. Often times we see CLG's toplane being deserted, even with an advantage. An example would be CLG vs LMQ early on in the season where they gave Seraph 2 early kills on Jax, but CLG failed to capitalize further and Seraph eventually became useless. It may work in some scenarios, but it really cuts down CLG's flexibility and puts a lot of pressure on botlane to carry all the time (and I didn't say mid due to Link's preference for support-ish champs and also due to his lack of playmaking). Dbl and Aphro are only humans and they can't have good days forever, and once teams stopped camping CLG's "free meal" top and focused more on Rush Hour (or really, elsewhere), CLG ran into issues.

It does seem like they are making progress with it, but breaking a 2 year long habit can be quite difficult.

Obviously there are other issues that we only have so much info on...

Last edited:
i dunno if you watched episode 1 of chasing the cup, but there were some clear communication issues suggesting that link and dexter may not be as prominent in terms of shotcalling anymore

CLG discussed how they don't talk as much lately (in the video there's actually an extended shot of an argument because dexter was asking doublelift what to do in the jungle)

DL may not be the only shotcaller and chasing the cup may not be 100% accurate but CLG is definitely going through some internal issues, especially if they were already scared going into playoffs as social media would suggest

but like you said, if CLG can strengthen their communication, that takes a lot of stress off of everyone and opens the way for them to perform better

call me shallow but mid is the most important position in the game and if your mid laner isn't the most vocal and skilled player on the team you're gonna have a bad day unless your name is EDG U

call me shallow but mid is the most important position in the game and if your mid laner isn't the most vocal and skilled player on the team you're gonna have a bad day unless your name is EDG U
I mean, the way I see it mid is the highest level player in laning phase with access to both lanes. That by itself should warrant your mid laner being the best player on your team. I'd say whoever sees more of the map between the jungler and the mid laner should be the most vocal player since they would have most of the information required to make a call without having to be fed too much information. That's just my two bronze cents.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shotcaller should be the support imo, a lot of supports carry the initiation for a team such as Thresh and Morgana and others have good disengage like Zyra and Nami so I think it's effective when they call to go in or back out. Also their primarily responsible for establishing vision control so they should be telling teammates where to go to control vision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)