To Defy the End - Chapter 1 (Starring Matezoide and Canis Majoris)

Alright maggots, listen up! Only Canis Majoris, Matezoide and The Wanderer should be posting in this thread! Failure to comply will result in things happening. Terrible things. Things that will make you piss yourself at just hearing the name Tom Bombadil. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Hi there, gentlemen. I'm Wanderer, I'll be your DM for tonight. Before we get started with anything else, let's lay down some ground rules...

1) There's a DQ time limit of 3 days for the players, and 5 for myself, the ref. Not that any of us ever pay attention to it, but still!
2) You get two substitutions with your orders. Make good use of them and outwit the foes I throw at you...or just make yourselves look like Nostradamus. Frighten the peasants!
3) Your pokemon get to equip items.
4) All your abilities are available to you, save the mega evolution abilities. You'll still need to mega evolve to use those.
5) You have unlimited chills and recoveries. Don't abuse them, however, or there will be consequences.
6) No bronying. This means you, Mat.
7) NO MAGICAL REALMS. That shit's why we banned Mara.

Somebody order a giant green dick?

No, piss off!...*ahem* And that's it. With that out of the way, let's take a look at your character sheets...​

Matezoide:

Matt

Fighting/Normal [10 Points]
HP: 100 [30 Points]
Ranks: 3/3/0/3 [25 Points]
Speed: 55
Abilities: Regenerator, Analytic (15 points)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Attack, -1 Sp.Attack) (10 points)
Item: Simple Backpack [10 Points]
Total Cost: 100

Amnesia
Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Dragon Dance
Growl
Headbutt
Leer
Meditate
Mega Punch
Nasty Plot
Pound
Quiver Dance
Rage
Sing
Slam
Snore
Stomp
Strength
Struggle
Swords Dance
Tackle
Tickle

Detect
Double Kick
Foresight
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Rock Smash
Seismic Toss

DoubleSlap
Follow Me
Foresight
Protect
Quick Attack
Retaliate
Work Up

Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Looking into Itsumo, Matt wishes to locate Walker not just due to being worried about him, but also in order to find out what he knows about the Spiritomb and look into a way of saving his Banette.

<Azumarill> [Natara] (F)
Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Sp.Attack)

Type: Water/Fairy

Water: Water STAB; Ignores arena restrictions on Water attacks that require an external water source. Evasive Diving reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action.

Fairy: Fairy STAB: -1 EN on non-Fairy typed Nature, Sound, and Scent moves (Stacks with second STAB where applicable). (Nature Power, Natural Gift; Sound Moves; Aromatherapy, Odor Sleuth, Sweet Scent)

About: A very jolly and happy Azurill caught by Athenodoros, Nate Natara is extremely easy to like, becoming friends with the usualy quiet and reserved Chuck in a few minutes, their oppositive natures made them bond with easy. Despite the sex changed caused by an unknown mutation (1/3 of each FEMALE Azurill become MALE upon evolving, not the oppositive), Natara is just as happy.
Natara is generaly seen as the team's little brother sister (alongside Mordecai) and is sure to bring joy and happiness wherever she goes.

Thick Fat (Passive): This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance.

Huge Power (Passive): This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack and its Base Rank Total by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack and Base Rank Total is only raised by one Rank.

Sap Sipper (HIDDEN ABILITY UNLOCKED, Passive): This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats

HP: 110
Atk: Rank 3 [6 Huge Power] (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 50
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 16 [19 Huge Power]

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Attacks:
Splash (*)
Charm (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Bubble (*)
Slam (*)
Water Gun (*)
Bounce (*)
Helping Hand (*)
Bubblebeam (*)
Water Sport (*)
Rollout
Tackle
Defense Curl
Aqua Ring
Aqua Tail
Superpower
Ice Punch
Double-Edge
Play Rough

Attract
Bounce
Brick-Break
Bulldoze
Covet
Dig
Dive
Double Team (*)
Endure
Facade
Fling
Focus Punch
Giga Impact
Knock Off
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Sleep Talk
Substitute (*)
Toxic
Waterfall (*)

Encore (*)
Refresh (*)
Body Slam (*)
Aqua Jet
Perish Song
Scary Face
Foresight
Soak
Supersonic
Amnesia

Hmm...I noticed your Azumarill isn't carrying anything, is that intentional? If it isn't, you can tack something on in your opening fluff. Other than that, you're good. What about you, Canis?​

Canis Majoris:

Michael Helix (Male)
Out-of-Battle Theme: Dormir - Mizumi no Kioku
In-Battle Theme: Nekomata Master - The Sky of Sadness
Michael is a trainer hailing from the Tannia Region, a region of progress but also of ideals, much like Unova. He was that region's Fire Gym Leader before he retired and gave it to Amber as he journeyed through Unova, leaving all of his previous Pokemon behind.
His first capture in Unova, an Eevee who he named Jet, was proven to be invaluable: He trained his singlestick skills with the Pokemon who by then had evolved into Flareon, and he has proven to be a master of defenses and offenses when needed. With a chilling glare and an imposing appearance, Michael is truly an intimidating opponent to face in not only singlestick, but actual battles, even if he is around 60 years old.

Nature: Careful (+Special Defense, -Special Attack) (10)
Type: Steel (20)
Abilities:
Intimidate: (Trigger) (5)
Simple: (Passive) (5)
Truant: (Passive) (-10)
Stats:

HP: 90 (15)
Attack: Rank 3 (15)
Defense: Rank 4 (30)
Special Attack: Rank 0 (-, -5)
Special Defense: Rank 4 (+, 15)
Speed: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15
Attacks:
General:

Amnesia
Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Dragon Dance
Growl
Headbutt
Leer
Meditate
Mega Punch
Nasty Plot
Pound
Quiver Dance
Rage
Sing
Slam
Snore
Stomp
Strength
Struggle
Swords Dance
Tackle
Tickle
Steel Type:
Harden
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Metal Burst
Metal Sound
Commands:
Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

<Mollux> [Will] (Male)
"I live for myself, and no one else. Don't tell me what to do."
Desperation Theme: Glaring Radiokids - chilblain
Will, despite being a fire type, is careless and cold-hearted. It doesn't seem like the snail is interested in anything, even battling.
Nature: Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
Type: Fire/Poison
Abilities:
Dry Skin: (Passive)
Illuminate: (H) (Toggle) (Unlocked)
Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 76
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20
EC: N/A
MC: 5
DC:5/5
Attacks:

Level Up:

Bide
Ember
Acid
Withdraw
Acid Spray
Confuse Ray
Clear Smog
Lava Plume
Moonlight
Recover
Toxic Spikes
Gunk Shot
Eruption
Heat Wave
Inferno
Final Gambit
Water Gun
Belch
Acid Armor

Egg:
Aqua Ring
Stealth Rock
Heal Pulse
Heal Bell
Rapid Spin
Fire Spin
Sleep Talk
Venom Drench
Trick
Helping Hand
Charm
Gastro Acid

TM:
Toxic
Protect
Venoshock
Substitute
Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Double Team
Sludge Bomb
Solar Beam
Thunder Wave
Infestation
Swagger
Dazzling Gleam
Light Screen
Hidden Power (Water)
Rain Dance
Hyper Beam
Explosion
Sludge Wave

Tutor:
Knock Off
Iron Defense

Moves to Max: 24

Huh. You're itemless, too. You can have a chance to equip your Mollux, but I can't do anything about Mike. Alright, you guys check out. Let's get this show on the road!

Chapter 1: In the Caves
♫Agents of Fate

While most trainers that come from the region of Smogon control their Pokémon, there is one exception: Walker, the Eternal Drifter. Missing for over half a year, search teams dried up, especially once he was spotted with a Natu in turn at a shopping mall, a cave, and a battlefield, all very briefly. But his state when others encountered him showed him to be deteriorating, and Demon Lord Itsumo is known to be chasing the trainer for his own reasons.

Which is why, when Walker was spotted in the caverns in Mt Coronet, that the two of you and your trusty pokemon were sent to try to bring him to safety back in the Smogon region.

However, with the general increase of hostility of Pokémon all around, the trainers had better be on their guard...

You have 72 hours to post opening fluff and attach items to your mons. Whichever comes first, the campaign will begin proper.​

Last edited:

.....Alright....here we are, Natara. This is the best lead on that thing we got so far. Hopefully it will prove to be useful.

Yeah......*sigh*

Noticing the Azumarill's uneasiness, Matezoide kneels down to her.

Hey...dont worry. We will save Chuck. I know you two were close. Even if we fail, Steve and the others are doing their best.

You know i would love to agree....but i cant. You know how dangerous this is. What if he is...truly beyond salvation?

Unable to answer, the trainer is only capable of changing the subject. This was the answer Natara needed.

Here....take this Sea Incense. This is going to be dangerous.....now wheres Michael? He was supposed to be here a while ago.

Clunk.
Rock clashed with wood as the mechanical clunks of a solid foot made its way towards a trainer. Alongside it, some swishing that sounded like tentacles. The two slowly made its way towards the point of encounter.
It's funny, really.

Clunk.

Jet was supposed to walk alongside this trainer, as he was his first companion. But something urged the Flareon to give the position to another.

Clunk.

The Mollux, of name Will, took the Expert Belt before leaving. This journey was by no means easy.

Clunk.

But if it meant saving a helpless trainer, they were going to do everything in their power.

Clunk.

"Hello, Mate. I see you have brought your Azumarill with you."

Michael's sharp eyes gazed at the attire of the young man - the shield of steel was not what captured the gentleman's attention, but rather, a white coat and blue glasses that seemed to be the signature of the trainer.

"Remember our objective. We are here for Walker. Chuck is a secondary concern. But I am sure that we will manage both things."
The old man took a look into the caves. A breeze came by, almost toppling his hat, but luckily he had caught it in time. He shook his head.

"It is time."

Matezoide:
|

Matt | Natara
Simple Backpack | Sea Incense
HP: 100 | HP: 110
EN: 100 | EN: 100
Stats: 3/3/0/3/55 | Stats: 3(6)/3(4)/1/3(4)/50
Regenerator | Thick Fat
Analytic | Huge Power
Nothing | Sap Sipper
No ailments | No ailments
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Majoris:
|

Jet | Will
Nothing | Expert Belt
HP: 90 | HP: 100
Stats: 3/4/0/4/55 | Stats: 1/4/5/4/76
Intimidate | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (OFF)
Truant | Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Field:
Dark Cave (Hindered movement and -2 Acc to all if no light source is available. This is reduced to -1 for ghost- and dark-types, and does not affect ground-types.)

Cave Area 1: Entrance
♫In the caves

You trudge into the caves of Mt. Coronet, hoping to find Walker somewhere in this cavernous labyrinth. Light quickly fades with each corner you turn, and before long, it is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Except grues don't exist in this universe, so whatever malevolent forces there are out there will have to settle for zubats and geodudes, or hope that maybe you trip, fall and get impaled by stalagmites. Not that it matters, of course; though neither of you brought a torch, Jet's Mollux could easily shed some light on your surroundings.

And it better happen soon, because you hear faint movement ahead.

WAT DO?​

Last edited:
(My trainer name is Michael, just a heads up)

"Hmmm. It's as black as the coat of my Houndoom. Will, if you could...?"
"I got it, I got it..."
Mollux: Toggle Illuminate
Michael: Listen closely, attempting to understand what is making that faint movement

As per Fred's orders, Will's lava lamp cone heats up, providing much needed light in the darkness.

Will toggled Illuminate to ON!

While Matt and Natara stand around with exaggerated grimaces, trying (and failing hilariously) to look tough for some odd reason, Steve listens carefully for movement. The moment Will toggled illuminate, a surprised "pippi!" could be heard along with light footsteps. Although Will's cone is not bright enough to completely light the area, you could also make out shadows. Something is definitely here.

WAT DO?
Matezoide:
|

Matt | Natara
Regenerator | Thick Fat
Analytic | Huge Power
Nothing | Sap Sipper
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Majoris:
|

Albert | Will
Nothing | Expert Belt
Intimidate | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (ON)
Truant | Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | Light

Field:
Dark Cave (Hindered movement and -2 Acc to all if no light source is available. This is reduced to -1 for ghost- and dark-types, and does not affect ground-types.)

(tagging would help)
The faint "pippi!" alerted Michael. He studied the shadow carefully before whispering. "I know what this Pokémon is."

Michael/Will: Await Pokémon, being careful as not to alert it to attack.

You all decide to wait for whatever's hiding to come out. Jonathan patiently, Will sheepishly, and Mat and Natara picking their respective noses. Disgusting.

"Pippi!"

You're not kept waiting long, as a pair of Clefairy emerge from the rocks ahead. They don't appear hostile; you might be able to get them to guide you around the cave.

WAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS?
Matezoide:
|

Matt | Natara
Regenerator | Thick Fat
Analytic | Huge Power
Nothing | Sap Sipper
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Majoris:
|

Caesar | Will
Nothing | Expert Belt
Intimidate | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (ON)
Truant | Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | Light

Field:

(thanks for waiting this long)
Michael noticed the figure of Clefairy. "Will, I'm sure Azumarill can do better than you at communication. But do try to communicate with them if you can."
Michael: Wait for Clefairy response.
Will: Attempt to communicate with Clefairy, asking for guidance through this cave.

Since you're not sure where to go, you send your pokemon out to ask the Clefairy for directions. They look friendly enough...

While Will's sheepish persuasion doesn't elicit much help, Natara is far more successful, and the duo skip off like Clefairy do, motioning you to follow. Eventually, you reach a path that goes further down, but the little pink pixies aren't willing to proceed. Judging from the gestures they're making, something bad must be down there, but seeing as there's no other paths...

WAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS?
Matezoide:
|

Matt | Natara
Regenerator | Thick Fat
Analytic | Huge Power
Nothing | Sap Sipper
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Majoris:
|

Akbar | Will
Nothing | Expert Belt
Intimidate | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (ON)
Truant | Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | Light

Field:

With a word of thanks (and a hearty YOLOOOOOOOOOOOOL! from Matezoide), you part ways with the Clefairy and continue your journey further down.

-6 EN all

Cave Area 2: Central Caverns

After a quick stroll down the tunnel, you have arrived at a large opening. You have come to an impasse - In addition to the way you came, there are paths to the left and right of you. The left one goes further down, and if you listen carefully, you can hear running water...an underground river, perhaps? The right path goes up in a steep slope, albeit craggy enough to climb. Directly ahead are two huge stone slabs pressed together, it almost resembles a door. On closer inspection, there is an indent on each slab - a cross on the left, and a pointed line on the right.

A chill goes down your spines. Although you and your companions appear to be the only signs of life in this part of the cave, you can't shake off the feeling that you're being watched.

WAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS?
Matezoide:
|

Matt | Natara
EN: 94 | EN: 94
Regenerator | Thick Fat
Analytic | Huge Power
Nothing | Sap Sipper
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Majoris:
|

Zimzam O'Pootertoot | Will
Nothing | Expert Belt
EN: 94 | EN: 94
Intimidate | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (ON)
Truant | Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | Light

Field:

The right path's not locked, but it does take extra energy. Anyway, ignoring the unsettling feeling you're getting in this clearing, you make your way toward the sound of the running water.

-6 EN all

Area 4: Southwest Lake Cavern

Sure enough, there's an underground river. The current seems to be much too fast for your pokemon to swim through, but the riverbank to your left is wide enough to walk down. Continuing along, you reach a vast cavern where the river runs off into a lake. At a glance, it doesn't look too deep, but enough so to house life, as you hear the pathetic ehhboogh of a Magikarp.

You can't find any paths beyond the way you came...none above water, at least. Considering you both brought pokemon with sea legs, you might want to have them check out the lake.

WAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS?
Matezoide:
|

Matt | Natara
EN: 88 | EN: 88
Regenerator | Thick Fat
Analytic | Huge Power
Nothing | Sap Sipper
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Majoris:
|

Habababababababbbvvv | Will
Nothing | Expert Belt
EN: 88 | EN: 88
Intimidate | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (ON)
Truant | Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | Light

Field:

(again, would help if you used tags)
"Hmmm. Mate, your Azumarill and my Mollux are well fit for swimming, and you can probably swim, but my old bones are too weak for swimming. I can have Will check the lake; Natara should do the same, and we should stay here on the lookout for trouble."

Michael: Chill

Will: Check lake.

I agree. You stay here and rest while i talk a look around. Scream if anything happens.

Mate: Check the area

Natara: Check the lake

While your pokemon leap into the briny depths, Mate decides to check the surrounding area - an unwise move, since he's now without a light. All he succeeds at is tripping over a rock and faceplanting onto the ground.

+12 EN Mack
-2 HP, -4 EN Matt
-6 EN Will and Natara

Area 4-2: Under the Lake
♫A thousand leagues below

Thanks to Will's incandescent shell, he and Natara are able to see just fine as they scour the lake for any clues.

It also ends up attracting the attention of the local wildlife, and the pokemon have a horde of Magikarp upon them.

<Halt! What business have two outsiders in our fair waters?!>

WAT SAY, MIGHTY POKEMON?
Matezoide:

Matt
Simple Backpack
HP: 98
EN: 84
Stats: 3/3/0/3/55
Regenerator
Analytic
Nothing
No ailments
No changes
No other

Canis Majoris:

...okay, I've got nothing.
Nothing
HP: 90
EN: 100
Stats: 3/4/0/4/55
Intimidate
Simple
Truant
No ailments
No changes
No other

Field:
Matezoide:

Natara
Sea Incense
HP: 110
EN: 82
Stats: 3(6)/3(4)/1/3(4)/50
Thick Fat
Huge Power
Sap Sipper
No ailments
No changes
No other

Canis Majoris:

Will
Expert Belt
HP: 100
EN: 82
Stats: 1/4/5/4/76
Dry Skin
Illuminate (ON)
Nothing
No ailments
No changes
Light

Field:
Underwater (Permarain, 2 DPA to any pokemon not water-type or otherwise accustomed to living underwater, like Anorith or Dratini. If the pokemon taking damage is fire-type, it suffers 5 DPA instead)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)