Almost Any Ability Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an official tier? I was talking to the Mods in the Other Metagames room on PS and they were telling me things like Regigigas being banned and stuff. I'm just a little confused if AAA Ubers has a ladder or not, or if it is simply something we can play on PS through Custom Game challenges.
For the record, I thought you were talking about normal AAA. This doesn't actually have a ladder, and is probably most easily played through Custom Game.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IMO Fur Coat = Defensive version of Huge Power
I would say to keep it banned.
Fur Coat should be banned as a ban will stop things like the great wall from running fully specially defensive investment and becoming ridiculously op.

So uh, tinted lens Reshiram.

252 SpA Tinted Lens Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina in Sun: 226-266 (44.9 - 52.8%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Reshiram Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 302-356 (60 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tinted Lens Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Water in Sun: 226-266 (51 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tinted Lens Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre in Sun: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Not running drizzle?)
252 SpA Tinted Lens Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre in Sun: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Poison Heal
252 SpA Tinted Lens Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Regirock in Sun: 170-202 (46.7 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Tinted Lens Reshiram Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 162-192 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Where is your great wall now?

Thank god for flash fire and fairy types. Together. Because that's what it takes to wall this.

Theorymon time! Yay!

Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Evs: 252hp/252atk/4def or spdef with adamant nature
-Facade
-Knock Off
-Drain Punch
-Substitute/ThunderWave/Toxic

This is just a bulky regi set like any other, he can take some hits and hit hard in return, cant hit extremely hard like deoxys a and rayquaza, but he serves as a nice bulky attacker and he can also support by slowing down the opponent with thunderwave or dealing residual damage with toxic.

252+ Atk Protean Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 169-201 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- 93.5% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 250-294 (58.9 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 321-378 (77.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 252-297 (56.7 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Adaptability Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 168-198 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- 88.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

This basically means that it can work as a check to the biggest extreme speed abusers in the tier. Id like to hear some feedback from this set as im not an expert at battling and even less at theorymoning.

Last edited:
Theorymon time! Yay!

Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Evs: 252hp/252atk/4def or spdef with adamant nature
-Facade
-Knock Off
-Drain Punch
-Substitute/ThunderWave/Toxic

This is just a bulky regi set like any other, he can take some hits and hit hard in return, cant hit extremely hard like deoxys a and rayquaza, but he serves as a nice bulky attacker and he can also support by slowing down the opponent with thunderwave or dealing residual damage with toxic.

252+ Atk Protean Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 169-201 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- 93.5% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 250-294 (58.9 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 321-378 (77.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Regigigas Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 252-297 (56.7 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Adaptability Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regigigas: 168-198 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- 88.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

This basically means that it can work as a check to the biggest extreme speed abusers in the tier. Id like to hear some feedback from this set as im not an expert at battling and even less at theorymoning.
Looks really familiar for some reason.....

Looks really familiar for some reason.....
Was that comment really necessary? I dont mean to be rood or anything but pretty much everyone knows that its a basic-ish hackmons regi set.
While we are at it, another interesting set i came up with but then again, its just theorymon:

Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252spatk/252speed/4hp modest/timid nature
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Aura Sphere/Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball

Basically a Rain abuser that paired with a drizzle user, can act like a revenge killer.Thunder and Hurricane can deal some nice damage in rain and the rest is just incase of a pesky pokemon like Groudon,Giratina,Zekrom or Rayquaza.

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Thunder vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Lugia: 307-367 (73.9 - 88.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 304-359 (60.4 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

bump

I've made a few teams that I wanna test out. Unfortunately, it seems there aren't a lot of people with teams... so please, someone, make a team and challenge me

Another OM i like which isn't implemented on Smogon :(

Is Rayquaza-Mega banned on this too?

And if you put any ability on Groudon/Kyogre this ability will be reverted to Desolate Land/Primordial Sea when they turn into their primal forms right?

Technician could go well with Giratina-O because of Dragon Tail, Hidden Power Fire and Shadow Sneak.

Adaptability, Desolate Land and Tinted Lens, all of those fits well with Rayquaza, Reshiram or even Victini. Because of this V-create spam i imagine people will use Flash Fire, then Turbo Blaze becomes useful again.

Last edited:
I'm on PS if anyone wants to play

also Snaquaza you might want to update the banlist for this tier on aqua, because everything that was banned from AAA since the introduction of the tier is still banned (so for example protean, weavile, keldeo, aerilate...)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
bringing this back for a "special event" I'm cooking up in the near future. :)

Mega ray is banned, fur coat is freed

And if you put any ability on Groudon/Kyogre this ability will be reverted to Desolate Land/Primordial Sea when they turn into their primal forms right?
yup

so mega ray is banned fur coat is banned and now monte steps out of retirement to post aaa ubers again this is like the best day

canno

formerly The Reptile
Wait if you gave Groundon and Kyogre Intimidate would it activate before Primal Evolution? iirc in the cartridge Drought and Drizzle don't activate when you switch them in but idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)