Project Counter that Threat! 21st Week: Snover - Counters Submissions

So as expected since the first day of voting Obvious Power won it this week; this doesn't mean the other sets are bad, all other sets are also really good at countering Sub LO Abra but like I said that one is easy to counter unlike this thing:

(F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

One last thing, you can argue about how a set is effective or not. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
In theory it can just u-turn away from all his counters
Reserving trubbish(will edit the set in later, fk writing on phones :pirate:)
ok lgi:

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
Ive ben shown how this set loses to mienfo sooo i am changing the set to this one:
Trubbish @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 180 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Pain Split

Can reliably switch into mienfoo and win as shown in this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-156597797 :toast:
also confirming that im bad :pirate:
EDIT: ALSO THANKS Obvious Power FOR HELP O_O

also Yagura drain punch and high jump kick work completly differently lol, the damae output its very different and the recovery drain punch gives can come in handy, same with stone edge/rock slide as the damage output once again its very different, and rock slide can flinch mons o_o

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
k so how exactly is it fair that mienfoo gets 7 moves to pick and choose from?

U-Turn removed to make things easier.
k so how exactly is it fair that mienfoo gets 7 moves to pick and choose from?
If you consider Drain Punch / High Jump Kick and Rock Slide / Stone Edge different moves then there's something wrong about you lol, it's just that sometimes people tend to use HJK over Drain Punch and vice versa, same thing with Rock Slide and Stone Edge. I told you that I'll be making it harder few days ago, the reasons behind this is just I don't want to see shitty gimmicks like Beldum again so that I don't have to remove sets which may cause people to go salty about it.

Last edited:
Its pretty hard finding a counter, but i think koffing fares ok..

Koffing (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast/Thunderbolt/Destiny Bond

236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 98.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Like, he cant do much back other than burn, and doesnt love getting his evio knocked off, but hes ok with switching in a few times

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Shellos @ Eviolite
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 228 HP / 132 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Stockpile

Although Shellos is 2HKOed by High Jump Kick -- unless it pulls of the Scald burn first turn, it can set up on Drain Punch Mienfoo quite easily, recovering off damage and chipping away with Scald. It has to be careful about being poisoned, however, as it will severely hinder Shellos and render it unable to wall opponents effectively.

Being immune to losing its item and being able to recover off damage makes Shellos a decent answer in my mind.

Last edited:
Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 40 Atk / 200 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief

Nothing is going to be as good as trubbish at beating that LO mienfoo but this does a decent job as they need to get the poison from the first Poison jab or hit a very low roll to 2hko after SR to stop Snubbull from taking it down. Even if that happens then mienfoo is intimidated and should be less of a threat.

-1 236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 200 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Snubbull: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 13)

Btw I tried to calc BJ snubbull and it gets beat by HJK + PJab

Last edited:
Reactions: OP

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Effect Spore/Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Flying

That's the classic Foongus, I have not increase his SAtk, it's the classic evs set. So are the same three of his moves. But Hidden Power is different, that's lethal for Mienfoo in a 1vs1. Foongus could take a fake out and another hit with a max damage equal to 30%. Then you can choose also to use Giga Drain to recover some HP, and finish the "little ermine" with HP Flying. Removing eviolite after first Knock Off, gives to Foongus an important mark up to be always victorious. Some calcs:

236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Fake Out vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus on a critical hit: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-9 (32 - 36%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mienfoo: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Foongus: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Foongus: 12-14 (48 - 56%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Foongus Hidden Power Flying vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mienfoo: 10-14 (47.6 - 66.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

So I guess Grimer is a check, because resisted HJK still 3HKOes.

Grimer @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Grimer can switch in to any of Mienfoo's moves with SR up and not get 2HKO'd. Meanwhile, Grimer's Gunk Shot KOes back 88.5% of the after a round of LO recoil and is a guaranteed OHKO after 2 rounds of LO recoil. If Grimer switches in on a Drain Punch or Poison Jab (and sometimes Rock Slide) or a set w/o HJK, then it can Curse, at which point Mienfoo can't 3HKO and break the RestTalk cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: OP
Reserving Spritzee. All the sticky holders are taken, so I'll just do the next best thing for me.

Edit: For some reason, I didn't do spritzee in this post, but on a new post. Sorry :(
Spritzee analysis down there vvv

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash

Vullaby manages to take any one hit, then gets the +1 speed boost from Weak Armor allowing it to outpace Mienfoo by 1 point. Then it uses Air Slash to KO Mienfoo factoring LO recoil. The EV spread is a bit unconventional, but it only really makes it lose to 19 Speed mons (which usually have priority) and Gastly. Plus this is semi-creative :toast:.

236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 196 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 16-19 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 19)

236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 196 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 13-18 (50 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(13, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

76+ SpA Vullaby Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mienfoo: 20-26 (95.2 - 123.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
(20, 20, 20, 20, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26)

Last edited:

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind / Aromatherapy

Spritzee was always one of mienfoo's best counters in LC, even if mienfoo had poison jab. Most likely, mienfoo wants to either high jump kick or knock off an item on your leading pokemon, so you could just switch into spritzee and take a knock off and a poison jab combo. Then, spritzee could just moonblast the life orb mienfoo and let it get OHKO'd.
Calcs:
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 3-4 (11.1 - 14.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 8-10 (29.6 - 37%) -- 32.8% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 13-16 (48.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Spritzee: 18-23 (66.6 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock <-- Spritzee with no item.

You do need to rely on rolls a bit if stealth rocks are up, but spritzee could take a knock off and a poison jab together. Plus, if mienfoo goes for HJK, spritzee will also survive that and a poison jab with its eviolite intact. Switching Spritzee into mienfoo is a little risky though since your opponent can poison jab on the switch and has a chance to 2HKO you. Even with that downside, I still believe spritzee is an amazing counter to life orb mienfoo.

Last edited:
SR is a requirement

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind / Aromatherapy

Spritzee was always one of mienfoo's best counters in LC, even if mienfoo had poison jab. Most likely, mienfoo wants to either high jump kick or knock off an item on your leading pokemon, so you could just switch into spritzee and take a knock off and a poison jab combo. Then, spritzee could just moonblast the life orb mienfoo and let it get OHKO'd.
Calcs:
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 3-4 (11.1 - 14.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 6-8 (22.2 - 29.6%) -- 42.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 13-16 (48.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Spritzee: 18-23 (66.6 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock <-- Spritzee with no item.

You do need to rely on rolls a bit if stealth rocks are up, but spritzee could take a knock off and a poison jab together. Plus, if mienfoo goes for HJK, spritzee will also survive that and a poison jab with its eviolite intact. Switching Spritzee into mienfoo is a little risky though since your opponent can poison jab on the switch and has a chance to 2HKO you. Even with that downside, I still believe spritzee is an amazing counter to life orb mienfoo.
2 poison jabs with SR up, gg not a counter.
Edit: " I still believe spritzee is an amazing counter to life orb mienfoo." a counter implies it can switch into everything. If you want to use a false counter, don't put up a calc completely disproving what you said.

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Houdini (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Knock Off

This cute guy is always going to beat Mienfoo regardless of which move Mienfoo is going for. Abra switches in on Mienfoo for free and immediately threatens it for the KO with Psychic and gives all the offensive momentum to Abra's user as well. Honestely, this set is self-explanatory, Abra rules.

Beldum is a legend not a gimmick!

Reserving macle aka croagunk.

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave

236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 132 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Croagunk: 4-5 (17.3 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 132 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Croagunk: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 132 HP / 116 Def Croagunk: 16-19 (69.5 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
---
188+ SpA Croagunk Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Mienfoo: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ SpA Croagunk Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Mienfoo: 7-9 (33.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

ehh depends on rolls

Last edited:
reserving ekans

Ekans @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 168 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

it can easily take any combination of moves from this foo set even after rocks, and Gunk Shot + Sucker Punch will always kill with LO recoil. no recovery outside of resttalk is bad though :(.

it beats it pretty reliably as shown here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-156632283

also ekans is cool af

Last edited:
I just wanted to remind people that it's Reckless Mienfoo, not Regenerator, so can we please keep that in mind while we're doing our calcs n_n

Edit: Abra can really only switch in to Mienfoo once, I don't agree with that being called a counter at all. The statement "Abra switches in for free" doesn't really apply here, as losing your sash and being brought down to 1 HP isnt "for free". I also don't see the point of HP Flying Foongus. Sludge bomb consistently does greater damage, except for the 1/16 chance of getting a low roll.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Foongus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Flying

That's the classic Foongus, I have not increase his SAtk, it's the classic evs set. So are the same three of his moves. But Hidden Power is different, that's lethal for Mienfoo in a 1vs1. Foongus could take a fake out and another hit with a max damage equal to 30%. Then you can choose also to use Giga Drain to recover some HP, and finish the "little ermine" with HP Flying. Removing eviolite after first Knock Off, gives to Foongus an important mark up to be always victorious. Some calcs:

236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Fake Out vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus on a critical hit: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-9 (32 - 36%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mienfoo: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Foongus: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Foongus: 12-14 (48 - 56%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Foongus Hidden Power Flying vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mienfoo: 10-14 (47.6 - 66.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
You do realize that Sludge bomb also has an over 90% chance to 2HKO, right?

You do realize that Sludge bomb also has an over 90% chance to 2HKO, right?
You are right. Your calc is correct:

0 SpA Foongus Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mienfoo: 10-13 (47.6 - 61.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

However, you have to consider that Mienfoo could switch in and moves with a "free" Fake Out. Considering Foongus gap speed, you can't hit Mienfoo with second Sludge Bomb.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So why exactly are we not allowed to use "shitty gimmicks" when looking for the strongest counter possible? When you think about it, the set put in place is a gimmick in itself, so shouldn't we be using gimmicks to beat it if possible? When was the last time you saw someone using Reckless LO Mienfoo without U-turn successfully? There are Pokemon in other tiers/metas that are used to combat one specific Pokemon very well, and I think we should be allowed to go into this with that mindset. Also, you really shouldn't have any moves slashed on the set. Please have it be more defined. Drain Punch and HJK are vastly different moves that only share a type. Rock Slide and Stone Edge also have different effects. If I'm going to be putting together a set to counter this thing, I would like an exact moveset. If you just said HJK/SE/PJab/Knock Off it would be fine.

I'll probably contribute something later, but quite frankly, Zeriloa has the best answer hands down.

Last edited:
So why exactly are we not allowed to use "shitty gimmicks" when looking for the strongest counter possible? When you think about it, the set put in place is a gimmick in itself, so shouldn't we be using gimmicks to be it if possible? When was the last time you saw someone using Reckless LO Mienfoo without U-turn successfully? There are Pokemon in other tiers/metas that are used to combat one specific Pokemon very well, and I think we should be allowed to go into this with that mindset. Also, you really shouldn't have any moves slashed on the set. Please have it be more defined. Drain Punch and HJK are vastly different moves that only share a type. Rock Slide and Stone Edge also have different effects. If I'm going to be putting together a set to counter this thing, I would like an exact moveset. If you just said HJK/SE/PJab/Knock Off it would be fine.

I'll probably contribute something later, but quite frankly, Zeriloa has the best answer hands down.
First of all the only set that I named a gimmick was Beldum, secondly Reckless LO Mienfoo is one of the biggest underrated Mienfoo sets (Yes it does run U-Turn but it got removed because as Vileman said it'll allow Mienfoo to switch out of its counter, it can escape it by simply switching out but that is avoided in these kinds of threads). Also, I took the sample LO Mienfoo, some people use Drain Punch for recovery and others use HJK w/ Reckless for power and in the topic set Drain Punch can be not looked at as HJK totally outclasses it, Stone Edge and Rock Slide case is different though as each move has something that differs it than the other one, Stone Edge has power and Rock Slide has better accuracy with a chance to flinch.

Btw, as boo836 didn't write a post about Gulpin yet it's free to be reserved by someone else, boo can still reserve anything too except Gulpin.

Double post but who cares? Voting time!

Ive ben shown how this set loses to mienfo sooo i am changing the set to this one:
Trubbish @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 180 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Pain Split

Can reliably switch into mienfoo and win as shown in this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-156597797 :toast:

Koffing (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast/Thunderbolt/Destiny Bond

236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 98.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Stone Edge vs. 36 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Koffing: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Like, he cant do much back other than burn, and doesnt love getting his evio knocked off, but hes ok with switching in a few times

Snubbull @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 HP / 40 Atk / 200 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief

Nothing is going to be as good as trubbish at beating that LO mienfoo but this does a decent job as they need to get the poison from the first Poison jab or hit a very low roll to 2hko after SR to stop Snubbull from taking it down. Even if that happens then mienfoo is intimidated and should be less of a threat.

-1 236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 200 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Snubbull: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 13)

Btw I tried to calc BJ snubbull and it gets beat by HJK + PJab

Foongus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Flying

Grimer @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Grimer can switch in to any of Mienfoo's moves with SR up and not get 2HKO'd. Meanwhile, Grimer's Gunk Shot KOes back 88.5% of the after a round of LO recoil and is a guaranteed OHKO after 2 rounds of LO recoil. If Grimer switches in on a Drain Punch or Poison Jab (and sometimes Rock Slide) or a set w/o HJK, then it can Curse, at which point Mienfoo can't 3HKO and break the RestTalk cycle.

Houdini (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Knock Off

This cute guy is always going to beat Mienfoo regardless of which move Mienfoo is going for. Abra switches in on Mienfoo for free and immediately threatens it for the KO with Psychic and gives all the offensive momentum to Abra's user as well. Honestely, this set is self-explanatory, Abra rules.

Ekans @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 168 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

it can easily take any combination of moves from this foo set even after rocks, and Gunk Shot + Sucker Punch will always kill with LO recoil. no recovery outside of resttalk is bad though :(.

it beats it pretty reliably as shown here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-156632283

Again, a lot of sets got removed because you guys didn't consider that your "counter" will get 2HKOed if it switches on a move (HJK for example), so yeah you guys should always consider that!

Also what do you guys think about making a leaderboard? The 1st gets 3 points, runner-up 2 and the 3rd 1?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)