Big Super Hero Mafia - Game Over - Villains Win

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
also unclesam, use your argument against rey on yourself. You say that sentinels don't only kill heroes, well neither does thanos from what i interpret (read: very little)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
LonelyNess I tip my hat to you

For years I have tried to make mafia games where players act according to a specific theme, to increase the level of immersion in the game. You have now achieved this, quite by accident I suspect. You made a game where the villains can't work together because they are too busy accusing each other of having alterior motives. It's life imitating art. Just beautiful.

UncleSam

Leading this village
zorbees I'm saying the Sentinels are not their own entity; they make no sense without Bolivar Trask (or someone else controlling them).

Also why is it shady to trick LW out of information, yes I do need someone to explain this to me because as far as I can tell all it does is help the village regardless of LW's alliance.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Attention everyone: I want everyone to tell me five aliases which they are not; in the event our information roles come up with nothing (likely in a game with 40 NPCs...) we will lynch whatever alias is least likely to be one of the trusted/claimed villagers.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Notice how I'm trying to put forth a plan of action to actually get this village on the right track; it is very typical for the mafia to try to sling mud/stonewall early attempts to get the village organized because A. it gives them more time to complete their fakes and B. it gives them more time to have an information advantage over the village and do as they please.

Me knowing which aliases people are NOT will not help me in the slightest to target people other than it increases the likelihood of not randing trusted villagers.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Thanos wielding the Infinity Gauntlet ranked the Living Tribunal's power as the highest in Marvel's regular multiversal hierarchy.

if you think that character would be alligned to the village then youre beyond help. lets not give out any info to unclesam. if you think im scum due to unclesams pathetically stupid argument about sentinels not being villains and dont want to claim to me, fine, wait a few cycles to do so, but lets not feed the most powerful being in the comics multiverse more information so he can fuck us up later.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hi guys I am the most Villainous character according to rey, therefore I CAN'T be village...

Gandalf is the best character in Middle Earth. Megaman is the best character in Megaman Battle Network. Guess what? The fact someone demonstrates the trait of the village to a larger extent than anyone else is in fact proof of their cleanliness lol

ffs how hard is it to figure out that the flavor in this game is inverted.

Finally, notice how reyscarface spends almost all his time slinging mud at me. He's not trying to DO anything, he's just trying to be a nuisance.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
the best thing i can do right now is collect claims from people who want to claim and try my best to get others not to claim to you, the less knowledge you have the better for the village. so yes i am doing a huge favor to ourselves if i get 1 less person to claim to you. im done trying to explain why thanos is suited for a neutral role to you because you cant grasp simple concepts and / or logic, so ill leave it there as most people have already realized the flaws in your arguments. vonfiedler already did a good job on irc on calling bullshit on your "awa waa sentinels!!" argument so theres nothing left to talk about regarding that.

villagers, be very careful when claiming. just a month ago ullar did the exact same thing unclesam is doing right now and the village paid the price. just because he was the first one to rush and scream about how everyone should claim to him it doesnt mean it is the best course of action. ESPECIALLY not when hes bullying people out of information AND pulling shit like what he did to lightwolf.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
This has turned into such a huge clusterfuck. I would advise for everyone to wait for someone with an info role to clean (or out) someone on Day 1 before seriously claiming to anyone. The game has just started, so there is no need to be so impatient. Brain didn't even step up in DBZ until Day 1.

LightWolf

lightwoof
This has turned into such a huge clusterfuck. I would advise for everyone to wait for someone with an info role to clean (or out) someone on Day 1 before seriously claiming to anyone. The game has just started, so there is no need to be so impatient. Brain didn't even step up in DBZ until Day 1.
OMG BASS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE, THEN ANGLE CHANGED!!!!!!!

Either way U, zorbees summed it up nicely, but here is an additional point. What are you basing the fact on that I wouldn't claim? This really feels like you are merely blaming me for Everybody Votes where I refused your demands(on the orders of my team I must say, who thought they were ridiculous). If we look at the few games I'm actually village in, I do tend to claim actually, and only tend to delay it when I think my role can function without the need of village leader guidance.

You lied to me, when called out on it you called me a troll, I hound you for answers for hours and you stick to trolling, that is why it's fucking scummy! If you were a villager you'd give no two fucks about admitting your lie after that much as it's a losing battle, yet you denied it up to the end till I got fucking confirmation from RODAN you were lying. If by some wonder you are a villager you are stubborn as all hell and completely caught up in some petty pride of yours to admit you fucked up. Also your claim is literally that you don't do shit for a long time, very provable, at least ipl will obviously blow someone up during a day!

Also the fuck you want 5 aliases people AREN'T right after the MAFIA asks for an EXTENSION? How is that a village move, if you wanted it for village uses then you could wait till it was actually day, right now it just sounds like you want to have a better chance at hitting actual villagers with mafia roles. Also every one of your moves reeks of desperation of wanting to gain as much info as quickly as possible, including the whole tricking thing. You are claiming precedent on how I'd act as a villager when it doesn't exist, while hasty villager leaders turning out to be moles is far more common one.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Listen closely, I'm hard to understand
I am as elusive as is a handful of sand.
Even if you perceive me, you know me not
before you can tell me, what I have forgot.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dear User,

You are The Riddler.

As a boy, you were enamored by riddles and puzzles. One day, there was a school competition for who could solve a riddle the fastest. You studied the riddle and were flummoxed, but could not bear the thought of someone beating you at your own hobby and resolved to cheat. As an adult, you decided to cheat in real life as well, forgoing a “real” job for that of a life of crime. You cannot kill your enemies outright, opting instead to set up a series of riddles and deathtraps that your opponents must solve, proving that you are the master of riddles when they fail.

At night you may PM LonelyNess “Creating deathtrap for ALIAS”. You will create a deathtrap for your target, and give them an appropriate riddle. Your target will escape, as all people seem to do from your deathtraps… but maybe in the morning when you reread your riddle, something useful can be gained?

You are allied with The Villains. You win if the Villains are the last remaining faction Alive.
Anyways, I am the Dog again! LonelyNess designed this role for me! I'm an info role and I believe I have already cleaned one person with my role. Just doing the finishing touches on the puzzle.

I think that I have a better role for leading than anyone else (except possible rey), so claim!

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
Attention everyone: I got hit with a VERY interesting result last night.

Just in case anyone was wondering why I randomly stopped talking in #supers, it was a combination of receiving this result AND playing a league game (feel free to check Lolking to confirm I am telling the truth).

[13:30] <LonelyNess> UncleSam
[13:30] <LonelyNess> stop talking
[13:30] <LonelyNess> right now
[13:30] <LonelyNess> in #supers
[13:30] <UncleSam> am i ded
[13:30] <LonelyNess> no
[13:30] <UncleSam> oh
[13:30] <LonelyNess> you have been hit
[13:30] <LonelyNess> with the famed
[13:30] <LonelyNess> Lasso of Truth
[13:30] <UncleSam> that sux
[13:30] <LonelyNess> for the rest of the day
[13:30] <UncleSam> can you say that publicly
[13:30] <LonelyNess> you may -only- tell the truth
[13:30] <LonelyNess> if I find out you have lied in -any- way
[13:30] <LonelyNess> I will godkill you
[13:30] <LonelyNess> so tread lightly
[13:30] <LonelyNess> with what you say
[13:30] <LonelyNess> and no, I will not say that in public
[13:31] <UncleSam> uh
[13:31] <UncleSam> i mean im not lying
[13:31] <UncleSam> when i say
[13:31] <UncleSam> i think lightwolf is village
[13:31] <LonelyNess> you can lie to me
[13:31] <LonelyNess> lol
[13:31] <UncleSam> but can i only say factual things?
[13:31] <UncleSam> like
[13:31] <UncleSam> not opinions
[13:31] <UncleSam> ?
[13:31] <LonelyNess> you can't knowingly lie
[13:31] <UncleSam> i mean
[13:31] <UncleSam> i havent lied this whole game except that one time to lightwolf
[13:32] <LonelyNess> if you think
[13:32] <LonelyNess> you're crossing the line
[13:32] <LonelyNess> with what you say
[13:32] <LonelyNess> don't say it
[13:32] <UncleSam> mm ok
[13:32] <UncleSam> can i ask if this was
[13:32] <UncleSam> a smogon nametarget
[13:32] <UncleSam> or if someone randed alias
[13:32] <LonelyNess> which do you think
[13:32] <UncleSam> smogon name
[13:32] <UncleSam> or at least
[13:32] <UncleSam> i hope
[13:32] <UncleSam> X_X
[13:33] <LonelyNess> anyway
[13:33] <LonelyNess> have fun telling the truth all day!
[13:35] <UncleSam> wait
[13:35] <UncleSam> can you confirm
[13:35] <UncleSam> that it targeted
[13:35] <UncleSam> my smogon name
[13:35] <LonelyNess> no i can't confirm lol
[13:35] <UncleSam> fuk
[13:35] <UncleSam> can you confirm
[13:35] <UncleSam> it targeted my alias
[13:36] <UncleSam> or rather
[13:36] <UncleSam> are there roles itg that target smogon names
[13:37] <LonelyNess> why would I confirm that UncleSam lol
[13:37] <UncleSam> idk
[13:37] <UncleSam> doesnt hurt to ask
[14:16] <LonelyNess> oh also if you really want to say something
[14:16] <LonelyNess> and aren't sure if you'll die
[14:16] <LonelyNess> please check with me first
[14:16] <LonelyNess> i don't WANT you to get godkilled
[14:16] <LonelyNess> but i will if i have to
[14:16] <LonelyNess> :x
[14:17] <UncleSam> i dont want to get godkilled either!
[14:17] <UncleSam> but i mean
[14:17] <UncleSam> it seems like the bar is kinda low
[14:17] <UncleSam> as long as i dont knowingly lie
[14:17] <UncleSam> im fine right
[14:17] <UncleSam> so i can utter potential falsehoods that are my opinions
[14:17] <UncleSam> ?
[14:17] <UncleSam> ie 'i think ditto is village'
[14:17] <LonelyNess> as long as you preface it
[14:17] <LonelyNess> that it is an opinion
[14:17] <LonelyNess> and not a fact
[14:17] <UncleSam> can i publicly clean someone
[14:17] <UncleSam> by stating it as a fact
[14:18] <UncleSam> and if im not godkilled
[14:18] <LonelyNess> lol that's pretty risky
[14:18] <UncleSam> then they are clean
[14:18] <LonelyNess> but yes
[14:18] <UncleSam> but it works?
[14:18] <UncleSam> ok
[14:18] <UncleSam> im gonna do that with ditto
[14:18] <LonelyNess> you really wanna take the risk?
[14:18] <UncleSam> i mean
[14:18] <UncleSam> at this point
[14:18] <LonelyNess> 50/50 shot you're instantly godkilled lol
[14:18] <UncleSam> hmm
[14:18] <UncleSam> ughhh

So, the details: I cannot lie this cycle or I will be godkilled. I do not know if this targeted my Smogon Name or my alias.

Firstly, I will state a few things I know 100% to be true: I am Allied with The Villains. My role name is Thanos. I possess the Infinity Gauntlet as part of my role (it is not an item).

Now then, I want opinions on whether or not I should take the risk and publicly state that Ditto is village: it will out Ditto as non village if I am godkilled; is it worth the risk?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)