Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may, gen 5 dream radar abuse is difficult because you only get 1 shot at hitting your target before you have to set up again. This is especially true of dream radar legendaries, as getting set up again requires a new save game (or restoring your old save game to just prior to when you collected the legendaries). Stationary legendaries are much easier.
Okay, so what I get from this, is you have beat Soul Silver, Catch Lugia, then obtain Dream Radar in BW2 (how many badges before you get dream radar?) and then you get one shot at Lugia and if you fail, you have to restart one of the games (Soul Silver I think). Is this correct? Wow, sounds like it will take a lot of time.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
A pokes region is determined by where it's generated not where it's hatched correct?
That's correct. A Polar Scatterbug hatched in an Elegant region will still turn out as a Polar pattern Vivillon when it evolves, for example.
Huh. I interpreted that question entirely differently. I was thinking he was asking about an egg traded from DPPt to HGSS and whether it would be from Sinnoh or Johto. ^_^

Okay, so what I get from this, is you have beat Soul Silver, Catch Lugia, then obtain Dream Radar in BW2 (how many badges before you get dream radar?) and then you get one shot at Lugia and if you fail, you have to restart one of the games (Soul Silver I think). Is this correct? Wow, sounds like it will take a lot of time.
No, Dream Radar is a separate 3DS app that you purchase. Once you've beaten it, (caught Landorus) you insert SoulSilver into your 3DS and start Dream Radar to be able to catch a Multiscale Lugia. You then send it over Unova Link and try to RNG it.
Huh. I interpreted that question entirely differently. I was thinking he was asking about an egg traded from DPPt to HGSS and whether it would be from Sinnoh or Johto. ^_^
It probably still would read as the region it was generated in since the code is set upon being generated. (thus potentially covering both my bases here. Though I could be wrong.)

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You don't have to beat the game, you just put the game in the game slot of your 3DS.

Google is wonderful - http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar/genivpokemon.shtml

Actually no, you don't catch lugia iirc. You just have to have soulsilver, thus allowing you to only have to restart to get another chance immediately.

That's correct. A Polar Scatterbug hatched in an Elegant region will still turn out as a Polar pattern Vivillon when it evolves, for example.
Actually what I meant was will my foreign hatched tsv pokes count as masuda parents (which I believe the scatterbug answers that)

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Nope, not so difficult. You don't need to beat soul silver or catch lugia, you just need to use dream radar while the soul silver cart is plugged in, which unlocks the lugia extension. Once you have this unlocked, you can save the state of your dream radar by drag/dropping the files off your SD card onto your computer (this interferes with game data for other games, though, so care should be taken with this!!!)

Now, you can attempt to RNG lugia on your BW2 cart, and if you fail, just reload the save state from your computer back onto your SD card (again, interferes with your game data for other games!!!). This puts lugia back onto your dream radar.

Just, after every failed attempt, you have to restart your cart's saved game and progress through the game until you get the pokedex (like, 5-10 minutes?), because the game auto-saves after receiving pokemon from dream radar, and you can't receive the same legendary more than once per save file. I dunno if it's possible to save/restore data from BW2 carts, which would reduce the time spent here, but still, tedious.

Stationary legends just need to be SR'd to reset your attempt.

EDIT: Ninja'd soo hard.

Actually no, you don't catch lugia iirc. You just have to have soulsilver, thus allowing you to only have to restart to get another chance immediately.
EDIT: Answered by the above post.

You don't have to beat the game, you just put the game in the game slot of your 3DS.

Google is wonderful - http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar/genivpokemon.shtml
serebii said:
After you have earned the 3,000 points to obtain Landorus
What do they mean by this? 3,000 points? Is there a guide on Dream Radar somewhere? Couldn't find it on google. ;)

LF:
Female Cherrim/Cherubi. Preferably in a Dream/Heal ball (Any IVs/EVs/Nature)
HA Female Tentacool/Tentacruel. Preferably in Great/Dream ball (Any IVs/EVs/Nature)
FT:
Safari Ball Roselia with Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder, Spikes
Moon Ball Ralts with Ally Switch, Disable, Encore, Destiny Bond (HA Available)
Nest Ball Shroomish with Bullet Seed, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Helping Hand (HA Available)
If you still need one, I can breed you a Cherrim in a Dream Ball. ^.^ If I can get Roselia in return, that would be awesome. Just give me a bit to breed a Cherrim real quick and I can trade.

Also, just a heads up, but Moon Ball Ralts (or any apricorn ball pokemon) cannot legally have its HA. >.<

If you still need one, I can breed you a Cherrim in a Dream Ball. ^.^ If I can get Roselia in return, that would be awesome. Just give me a bit to breed a Cherrim real quick and I can trade.

Also, just a heads up, but Moon Ball Ralts (or any apricorn ball pokemon) cannot legally have its HA. >.<
Oops guess I'll edit that post.
And Ill get you that Roselia, thanks!

I'm clearing my boxes. All this stuff is available for free; put a Scatterbug on the GTS with the message "KingHeracross" and tell me your IGN:

Munchlax (M) - Many natures - Thick Fat (7) Pickup (3)- Selfdestruct / Pursuit / Curse / Whirlwind - 4 and 5 IVs, all random - Level 1 (10)

Munchlax (F) - Many natures - Thick Fat (1) Pickup (2) - Selfdestruct / Pursuit / Curse / Whirlwind - 4 and 5 IVs, all random - Level 1 (2)

Larvitar (F) - Adamant (3) Jolly (1) - Guts - No egg moves - 31/31/31/x/31/31 (3) 31/31/31/31/x/31 (1) x/31/31/31/31/31 (1)
31/31/31/31/31/x (1)

Surskit (F) - Naive - Rain Dash (HA) - Hydro Pump - x/x/x/x/x/x (No flawless IVs) - Level 15 (1)

Absol (F) - Docile - Super Luck - Megahorn / Play Rough / Zen Headbutt / Sucker Punch - 31/31/x/31/31/31 - Level 1 (1)

Litwick (F) - Modest - Flash Fire - No egg moves - 31/31/31/31/31/x (Trick Room lol) - Level 28 (1)

Gastly (F) - Timid - Levitate - Disable / Perish Song - 31/x/x/31/31/31 - Level 1 (1)

Togepi (F) - Timid - Super Luck (HA) - No egg moves - 31/31/x/31/31/x - Level 1 (1)

Ninetales (F) - Sassy - Drought (HA) - No egg moves - x/x/x/31/31/x - Level 30 (1)

Scatterbug (Marine) (F) - Timid - Dust Shield - No egg moves - 31/31/31/x/31/x - Level 30 (1)

Pansear (F) - Calm - Blaze (HA) - No egg moves - 31/x/x/31/x/x - Level 30 (1)

Spheal (F) - Quiet - Thick Fat - Signal Beam / Yawn / Curse - 31/31/31/x/x/x - Level 1 (1)

Fraxure (F) - Jolly - Mold Breaker - No egg moves - 31/x/x/x/x/31 - Level 30 (1)

Marill (F) - Adamant - Huge Power - Refresh / Perish Song / Aqua Jet / Belly Drum - 31/x/31/31/x/x - Level 1 (1)

Dratini (F) - Adamant - Shed Skin - Dragon Dance / Iron Tail / Aqua Jet / Extremespeed - 31/x/31/x/31/x - Level 1 (1)

Kangaskhan (F) - Jolly - Early Bird - No egg moves - 31/31/x/31/x/31 - Level 1 (1)

Sunkern (lol) (F) - Quirky - Chlorophyll - No egg moves - x/x/x/x/x/x - Level 34 (1)

Phew. That was long.
Bumpy bump of bumps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)