XY OU King Zam ft. Servants :]

After the recent Mega Mawile and Aegislash bans, I thought that one of the most strongest special attackers in the OU Tier's largest threats were gone, I thought I'd use it in my team as the main guy :]
Here it goes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Someone hold me, I feel so vulnerable and scared ;-;

King Zam (Frail AF) (Alakazam)
Item:

Ability:
Magic Guard ----> Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
-Taunt
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

The star of the show, Alakazam! Alakazam is the Pokemon I based my team around. Although it has disgusting defenses, it's amazing special attack and immense speed can sweep teams with it's sheer power. First, I picked Taunt instead of another coverage move because the original team was pretty weak against stall teams cause Pokemon like Chansey would just switch out into this thing and just cripple this thing. But with Taunt, I can disable the opposing pokemon's moves like Toxic, Soft-Boiled, etc. I chose Psyshock cause it's an amazing STAB move which can usually take care of Chansey's better than Focus Miss Blast. I chose Shadow Ball mainly to get rid of ghost and psychic types, and because it's a really good coverage move with hardly any types resisting it/immune to it. I chose Focus Blast to get rid of most of those pesky normal/steel types. :]

Constantly having to protect King Zam is good, he can be nice, but he hardly is. :]

Zam's Bodyguard (Azumarill)
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 188 HP / 252 ATK / 32 SpD / 36 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:

-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Knock Off

Azumarill is a beast with Assault Vest in my opinion :3 With the AV boosted Special Defense, its Base SpD is 120, which is pretty high. And considering it has 252 EVs invested in HP, it can live most unboosted Special Moves. Considering it's main two weaknesses; Grass and Electric mainly consist of specially attacking moves, it can take the hit and do a ton of damage to the opposing Pokemon. With Waterfall, it's an accurate STAB move with a 20% chance to flinch pokemon. I chose Play Rough because it's an incredibly strong STAB move, especially with Huge Power which can usually do a ton of damage to the opposing Pokemon. With Knock Off, this is a great coverage move as with this, nothing really resists this Azumarill and with that, it can knock off the item which is useful. Finally, Aqua Jet is good for it's priority and can usually clean up. :P

Scizor was bopped by Magnezone for 7 minutes.
Guard boTTT (Magnezone)
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Volt Switch

I've always been a fan of Magnezone, I've loved it ever since it was released, it's amazing. With it's ability; Magnet Pull, it can take out Walls/Threats like Scizor, Skarmory, etc. With those pokemon gone, I can just carry on using my physical atackers to take out teams. :] I chose Thunderbolt because it's Magenzone's main electric move to damage the opposing Pokemon quite a bit. I chose Flash Cannon mainly because it's a pretty good coverage move. Because Magnet Pull only traps steel types, Magnezone usually OHKO's or 2HKO's Scizors, Ferrothorns with HP Fire as it does 4x damage to them. Finally, I chose Volt Switch mainly to do chip damage or break potential sashes. Also, I run Scarf to outspeed a lot of Pokemon suprisingly which means this thing has the potential to sweep. :P

Gotta go Fast *whoosh*
Guard Nite (Dragonite)
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SpD
Moveset:
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed

Dragonite is an amazing late game sweeper with it's +2 Priority Extreme Speed and it's amazing STAB Outrage. Outrage with STAB has 180 Base Power which is amazing for late game sweeping. With Extreme Speed, it's good for taking out other late game sweepers like CB Talonflame for example. I chose Fire Punch mainly to deal with Pokemon like Scizor/Ferrothorn who only take neutral damage from EQ, my other coverage move. As I said in the previous sentence, EQ is just a coverage move which is why I picked it. I chose Choice Band to give Dragonite's attacks more power and "oomph." :]

*Neiighhhh~*

Zam's Pony :] (Tyranitar)
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SpD
Moveset:
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Pursuit

This thing is why the Latitwins hardly ever bother me :] Tyranitar is an amazing Stealth Rock user as it has really good defenses despite it's 4x weakness against fighting types. That's why I gave it a focus sash, to live super effective moves. I gave it Crunch because it's good to take care of pokemon that don't resist it, as it has 120 Base Power w/ Stab. I chose EQ because it's one of the best coverage moves. :P Finally, I chose Pursuit over something like Stone Edge because the original team was pretty weak against Latios/Latias so now both of the Latitwins can suffer the wrath of Pursuit c: With Pursuit, if they don't switch out when T-Tar switches in, the Latitwins will die. :P

I am the Hermione of Pokemon. :]

Zam's Healer (Latias)
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny? Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset:
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Healing Wish

Latias is the medic of the team, she is a pretty strong pokemon w/ Life Orb. Draco Meteor, the best special Dragon Move, has 180 Base Power w/ STAB and can bring down most pokemon. With Psyshock, that's an incredible move as I said with Megazam. I chose Defog because I need to get rid of rocks, spikes, webs, etc. Finally, I chose Healing Wish because if something cripples my team, I need the Latias to heal the Pokemon as it is the medic of the team. For example, if Dragonite, my late game cleaner gets burnt, it won't be able to fulfill its role properly as being burnt halves your attack unless you have Guts or something, which Dragonite does not have. So if I heal the Dragonite with Healing Wish, both Pokemon can do their job properly. :]

Well, that's my team, please help improve it if you can, thanks for reading! c:
~Namdachu

P.S:
Here's the Text Version of my team :]
King Zam (Frail AF) (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Zam's Bodyguard (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Guard boTTT (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Guard Nite (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Zam's Pony (Tyranitar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Zam's Healer (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Last edited:
you can run modest on alakazam and still outspeed greninja after mega evolve I think thas better not sure if u can outspeed scarfers with timid

Hello there. This is a pretty nice team you have here, you really are not weak to much at all. However I feel as though Tyranitar is very counter productive for your team. Not only does it get set up sand which doesn't benefit your team in anyway, it also knocks Dragonite out of Multiscale range and wears down Latias, Azumarill, and Alakazam when mega'd. So for this reason I think you should replace Tyranitar for Garchomp. Garchomp is not only a dragon who will benefit from Magnezone trapping steels, it also gets rocks and has a much bigger offensive pressure than Tyranitar due to Swords Dance and powerful moves such as Outrage, so this wil allow you to pressure stall a lot more.

Anyway, that's all I can really think of due to this already being a pretty solid team so good luck with testing!

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Hello there. This is a pretty nice team you have here, you really are not weak to much at all. However I feel as though Tyranitar is very counter productive for your team. Not only does it get set up sand which doesn't benefit your team in anyway, it also knocks Dragonite out of Multiscale range and wears down Latias, Azumarill, and Alakazam when mega'd. So for this reason I think you should replace Tyranitar for Garchomp. Garchomp is not only a dragon who will benefit from Magnezone trapping steels, it also gets rocks and has a much bigger offensive pressure than Tyranitar due to Swords Dance and powerful moves such as Outrage, so this wil allow you to pressure stall a lot more.

Anyway, that's all I can really think of due to this already being a pretty solid team so good luck with testing!

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
He has two Dragons already. One of which is also 4x weak to Ice.

I recommand this set because u will outspeed some more things and keep the bulkyness (if that's a word)

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

He has two Dragons already. One of which is also 4x weak to Ice.
Out of the common threats in XY OU the only Pokemon that use Ice moves are Greninja, keldeo and electric types. Since he has Focus Sash on Garchomp weaknesses don't really matter since it just takes whatever hit and retaliates. Latias doesn't take too much from HP ices from Electric types, and can take an Icy Wind from Keldeo. Greninja would do a lot of damage, however he has an Assault Vest Azumarill for that. Also he has 2 resistances to Ice moves so he should be completely fine.

I recommand this set because u will outspeed some more things and keep the bulkyness (if that's a word)

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
I'll try running this set, ty :] And Impulse, I don't really wanna run 3 dragon types, sorry xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)