Challenge The Draft Challenge

The Draft Challenge
I'll keep this short and sweet, I promise.

What's a Draft Challenge?

"Challenge" is a bit of a misnomer, I guess.

In the Draft Challenge, you and a few other people form a group and choose a game to play on. Then, you make a list of all the evolutionary lines available in that game, and get choosing! After you've picked some number of mons, you play through as fast as you can to see who can get the lowest time (or whatever victory criteria you decide on).

Can you give me a basic ruleset to steal?

Sure.

1. The following pokemon are free to use:

Your starter and their evolutions
Shiny pokemon (you may never see one again)
HM slaves (out of combat only)
Others (varies by game, obviously)

2. Pick order will be assigned randomly among participants, but a snaking order will be used. Pokemon should be picked by PM so the thread doesn't get clogged up. For example, if my draft league consisted of me, Jimera0, Celever, Its_A_Random, and Texas Cloverleaf, then the pick order would look like this.

Round 1
1. Jimera0
2. Celever
3. Its_A_Random
4. Texas Cloverleaf
5. shinyskarmory

Round 2
1. shinyskarmory
2. Texas Cloverleaf
3. Its_A_Random
4. Celever
5. Jimera0

And so on and so on.

3. You can add additional rules when starting a league if you wish. For example, you could do a Nuzlocke Draft where you only get one pokemon per species and fainting=death. Or, you could add on stuff like "no items" or limited pokemon center visits. The only limitations are what the people in your group are willing to accept.

4. The standard winning condition is completion time (how much time is displayed on the Hall of Fame save). However, you can experiment with this if you like.

So, without further ado, would anyone like to join me in doing one of these? I haven't chosen a game yet, but I have access to everything RSE and later.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Just because you included me in the OP, I'll be interested in joining a league! I have access to Gen 1, Diamond and then all games since gen 5. It will be interesting if we could form an OI Plays league of people willing to stream, in which case I have access to all games before DS.

UllarWarlord PSDuckie Jimera0 interested in an OI Plays league?

I would also be interested in another league with DS games! ^_^

Just because you included me in the OP, I'll be interested in joining a league! I have access to Gen 1, Diamond and then all games since gen 5. It will be interesting if we could form an OI Plays league of people willing to stream, in which case I have access to all games before DS.

Hmm...

I'm not such a fan of an X/Y draft playthrough, since I would have to buy a Pokebank membership in order to keep all the mons from my current cart. I would definitely be willing to do gen 4 or 5, though. Could do gen 1 as well but I know absolutely nothing about it other then the mons (and there would also be the issue of bugs/glitches/etc.).

Streaming is totally cool-unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to really stream regularly because of my college schedule/people coming in and out of my dorm room wanting me to do stuff. Maybe I could just record stuff and YouTube it instead? You guys are free to stream if you feel like you have the time/energy for it.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I know now | That I'm so down | HEYYYYY

I'd be more than happy to do this! I was just clearing out my White/White 2 games, transferring all mons to my X game...maybe we could start with that, if you don't mind not streaming.

If you'd prefer to OI Plays this (and ik I might) I'd be happy to pick any 3rd-gen or previous game. If only b/c I don't want a DS emulator on a computer as slow as mine x.x

Right now, I don't have the time to start another league. :-( Sorry!

shinyskarmory! Long time no see :D

I guess I'll participate in one, though since this is a race, I wonder if it'll play out as you anticipate :P. I'll be glad to mix it in with OI plays though I also want to continue my Gauntlet (btw shinyskarmory you should check out that, and give some people some challenges. There are a few really close to being ready to go so it'd be nice if you'd help them out!)

I'll do one with you guys UllarWarlord Celever and shinyskarmory. I don't really care what game we play, but I would like it if we did do OI Plays. I'm not too picky though.

Just be ready to lose mwuahahahahaha!

SS draft with:
1.ethanbarryandme
2.darthMagicarp85
if you would like to join click like
i will add you to the list with EDIT!
we will start when I get 4 players or more and I
will reply when it comes to that

head:mad::mad:thats a cubone period.

Last edited:
ethanbarryandme sorry for not being on. i was at lunch lol.
wanna start picking? you go first.

Omega Ruby draft with 4 players:
1. DarthMagikarp85

Forget the Omega Ruby draft. I'm not gonna restart it.

Last edited:
so sorry this was sooooo long ago. I lost my soul silver. as soon as I can either get a new one or steal my brothers'( hee hee)i will post on ur profile what, where and when kay'. I will wait till you respond to it.:mad::toast:

so sorry this was sooooo long ago. I lost my soul silver. as soon as I can either get a new one or steal my brothers'( hee hee)i will post on ur profile what, where and when kay'. I will wait till you respond to it.:mad::toast:
Hey no prob. post on my profile when you find it. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)