Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'm liking the idea of Poison Heal M-Goodra personally. Also considering that Blastoises primary niche is a spinner and Clawitzers isn't, it's not really that hard to differentiate. I got nothing for sylveon and carbink.

I'm thinking Dragon/Ground Goodra, since it is based on being mud more than water. It's also kinda fat, but I think adding Thick Fat would be too much.

Then again, if it kept Sap Sipper, it'd be a nightmare for most grass types to handle as it resists poison, rock and fire.

I'm probably gone all day, so here are my submissions a bit early. No Sylveon from me because of complex Eeveelution shenanigans I'd rather vote on than dip my toe into.

Mega Clawitzer
Typing: Water -> Water/Dark
Ability: Mega Launcher--> Mega Launcher
New Moves: Nope
HP: 71 -> 71
Atk: 73 -> 73 (+0)
Def: 88 -> 108 (+20)
SpA: 120 -> 150 (+30)
SpD: 89 -> 109 (+20)
Spe: 59 -> 89 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Clawitzer's other claw grows as big as the big one. It looks ridiculous!

Competitive Concept: Mega Launcher is Clawitzer's claim to fame, but it's tragically outclassed by Mega Blastoise. A simple statistical boost works great, but giving Clawitzer STAB on either Aura Sphere or Dark Pulse would really its separate, more offensive role.

The choice between Water/Fighting and Water/Dark came down to both coverage (Water/Dark's is better) and defensive ability (a Fighting weakness sucks, but Clawitzer appreciates the Ghost resistance and lack of Flying weakness in this meta). Regardless, it gets near-perfect with Water Pulse/Hydro Pump/Scald, Dark Pulse, and Aura Sphere, resisted only by Azumarill and lolWhimsicott. Its only boosting move, unfortunately, is Swords Dance, making an all-out attacker set your best bet. Ice Beam may not hit Azumarill, but it certainly adds plenty more Super Effective coverage. Meanwhile, Sludge Wave can be used to hit two of Clawitzer's weaknesses, Fairy and Grass, incredibly hard with that sexy 150 Special Attack.

89 speed isn't spectacular, but it allows Clawitzer to be a much more effective wallbreaker by outspeeding many of the bulky mons it wants to break. 71/108/109 defenses round out this role wonderfully. Like its muse, the howitzer, Mega Clawitzer is perfect at blasting holes in the opponent's defenses.

Mega Carbink
Type: Rock/Fairy -> Rock/Fairy
Ability: Clear Body/Sturdy -> Magic Bounce
New Moves: Earth Power

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 150 -> 200 (+50)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 150 -> 200 (+50)
Spe: 50 -> 50 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Carbink sheds its gray rock underbelly, revealing its crystal blue core.

Competitive Concept: Carbink takes its cue from big sister Diancie with a simple 50/50 boost, this time to its defenses instead of offense. It also gains Magic Bounce, much like Mega Diancie.

Mega Carbink may seem quaint, but it's deceptively effective: its defenses are barely below Shuckle's, and are more than made up for with a higher HP stat and better speed. Thanks to Magic Bounce, it won't wither away to Toxic, nor can it be Taunted by non-Mold Breakers. That latter half is especially worthwhile, as Carbink's shoddy offenses make it reliant on its utility movepool if it wants to help the team. Unstoppable Reflect, Light Screen, and Trick Room are nice (I considered Field Warp for this, but don't want it to outclass other megas like Xatu or Mr. Mime), but it can also use those defenses to run an incredibly bulky Calm Mind set; it can afford a few boosts to make its Special Attack salvageable, and with Moonblast, Power Gem, and Earth Power, it's only resisted by Bronzong.

Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Poison
Ability: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Regenerator (I know it's everywhere, but come on, this is a slug dragon)
New Moves: Poison Jab

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 120 (+50)
SpA: 110 -> 130 (+20)
SpD: 150 -> 180 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 60 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Goodra's tail and back are now covered by a massive snail shell. But it's not getting Shell Armor

Competitive Concept: More like Greatdra, amirite? Let's just sit back for a moment and bask in this bulk. 90/120/180, with Regenerator to boot and an immunity to Toxic. Ah, that's the stuff.

The question here isn't what makes Megoodra so awesome, as it's so easily answered. Great mixed offensive stats and movepool, mixed with amazing defensive stats, mixed with Sap Sipper or Gooey to help when it switches in and Regenerator to make up for its lack of recovery, mixed with a typing that resists Fire, Water, Grass (x4), Electric, Bug, Fighting, and Poison, and neutralizes Fairy from the equation. Y'all can figure out what to do with this monster. Want to run mixed? Special wallbreaker? Curse? Dragon Tail? Hell, Goodra can even play with Counter before switching out and regaining health.

The question is how anyone can stop Goodra when it can tank even super-effective Ice, Ground, Dragon, and lolPsychic moves and switch out like it's nothing. Well, for one, Steel handily walls Goodra's STAB coverage, and crucially, Goodra has no special-boosting moves to make that non-STAB Fire Blast hit any harder. Of course, as mentioned, it does get Curse, but that brings us to another flaw: its newly-lowered speed requires it to take not one, but two hits from most attackers before hitting back. While it handily absorbs Toxic Spikes, Goodra still can't deal with rocks or spikes, which can neutralize its Regenerator advantage. And finally, and this is the biggest reason why I'm okay with letting this monster loose, we're in a meta with all sorts of scary new offensive threats. Goodra's here to remind everyone, in case they forgot, that defense can be scary too.

Mega Jellicent
Type: Water/Ghost -> Water/Ghost
Ability: Water Absorb/Cursed Body/Damp -> Liquid Ooze
New Moves: None

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 60 -> 60
Def: 70 -> 70
SpA: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpD: 105 -> 185 (+80)
Spe: 60 -> 40 (-20)

Art Design: A pole (that you can find on pirate ships)passes into the body beginning to pass by their little hair and stop to the middle. This pole contains 2 lanterns on opposite sides on the horizontal pole. A mantle that is attached on this same horizontal pole and goes straight down for male Jellicent and for the female Jellicent, it goes down around its body. Both male and female have now darker skins. Their eyes are now completly black. They also have ink on their stache/collar.

Competitve Concept: Best wall against Horn Leech Trevenant if Jelli 31 IVs, 252 EVs and Bold/Relax nature. Gets also an excellent boost in SpDef.

Jellicent is now both Jelly and boat Pokemon cause by forcing to sink ships, it had a mutation, and that's why looks so dead. If they can control ink and have ink on there stache/collar, why won't they have Liquid Ooze? With Liquid Ooze, it punishes mostly all Grass-type Pokemon with Giga Drain or Horn Leech. Much Leech Seeder are punish.

Mega Jellicent
Type: Water/Ghost -> Water/Ghost
Ability: Water Absorb/Cursed Body/Damp -> Liquid Ooze

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 60 -> 60
Def: 70 -> 70
SpA: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpD: 105 -> 185 (+80)
Spe: 60 -> 40 (-20)

Art Design: A pole (that you can find on pirate ships)passes into the body beginning to pass by their little hair and stop to the middle. This pole contains 2 lanterns on opposite sides on the horizontal pole. A mantle that is attached on this same horizontal pole and goes straight down for male Jellicent and for the female Jellicent, it goes down around its body. Both male and female have now darker skins. Their eyes are now completly black. They also have ink on their stache/collar.

Competitve Concept: Best wall against Horn Leech Trevenant if Jelli 31 IVs, 252 EVs and Bold/Relax nature. Gets also an excellent boost in SpDef.

Jellicent is now both Jelly and boat Pokemon cause by forcing to sink ships, it had a mutation, and that's why looks so dead. If they can control ink and have ink on there stache/collar, why won't they have Liquid Ooze? With Liquid Ooze, it punishes mostly all Grass-type Pokemon with Giga Drain or Horn Leech. Much Leech Seeder are punish.
Do you mind reading first? Jellicent was done quite a while ago.

I feel like giving Flamethrower to Clawitzer.
Sylveon could be built more offensively to make use of Pixilate.
Carbink would love Magic Guard, which gives it a connection to Diancie which has Magic Bounce, and protects it from Toxic damage.
Goodra makes a perfect Dragon/Water, give it Hydro Pump.
That Idea with Magic Guard with Carbink sounds perfect to compliment the idea that Diancie got Magic Bounce. I'm thinking of adding Earth Power to it's movepool to make it a scary Calm Mind Sweeper.

Clawitzer probably wont be anything special creative-wise. I can see its mega evolved form getting a large claw, so it can hit alot harder but have a heavy decrease in speed. Added with alot more bulk.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright guys I'm sorry the results are in so late, but I just got out of school, so here are the results

Dragalge: GG Unit
Mega Dragalge
Type: Poison/Dragon -> Poison/Dragon
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Tempest (automatically uses the move Twister when switching in/Mega Evolving)
New Moves: N/A

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 97 -> 122 (+25)
SpD: 123 -> 153 (+30)
Spe: 44 -> 44

Concept: The tales told of ships that venture into Dragalge-occupied seas never to return were partially correct: in those instances, it was actually the previously-undiscovered Mega Dragalge that was causing such sudden and violent storms.

Once you Mega Evolve Dragalge, it's capable of announcing its presence on the field with invaluable chip damage.
252+ SpA Dragalge Twister vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 57-67 (14.1 - 16.5%)
This ability makes Mega Dragalge an incredible revenge killer, as it is capable of KOing a weakened Pokemon without necessitating the sacrifice of one of your own; if a Mega Charizard X is sitting around at half health, just switching in Mega Dragalgae is a free KO. Even if Tempest's Twister won't deal critical damage to an opponent, its flinch chance gives Mega Dragalge a 20% chance of switching in for free, and with a rare set of resistances, Toxic immunity and good bulk, switching in on a lot of things won't be a risky proposition to begin with.

Once the initial storm has settled, Mega Dragalge's not brokenly good. When it comes time to stay on the battlefield, Dragalge's perfectly decent, but not amazing in any one regard. Draco Meteor ties in well to its hit-and-run ability, Sludge Bomb obviously punishes Fairies, and it can also set up and absorb Toxic Spikes. However, even fully-invested base 122 Special Attack with no boosting item behind it isn't putting an incredible amount of fear into defensive Pokemon. 65 base HP mitigates its outstanding defenses; even when fully invested in bulk, Mega Dragalge won't be surviving the STAB Earthquakes, Draco Meteors and Outrages of OU's titans. Its glacial speed and lack of recovery means that it will eventually be worn down from repeatedly switching in and out.

Switching in and then using Draco Meteor grants 170 BP worth of STAB Dragon moves, so I didn't want to make the Special Attack too high. Thought of dumping the last 10 points into Speed so it could outpace a few more walls with some investment, but the difference isn't too big (it only takes 50 EVs to outpace a base 50 Speed Pokemon like Chansey) and it prevents the slowest dragon from getting "worse" in Trick Room.

Slurpuff: The Pizza Man (Click my Avatar)
Mega Slurpuff
Typing: Same
Abillity: Sweet Veil/Unburden --> Sheer Force
Stats: 82/80/86/85/75/72 --> 82/115/96/125/85/92
New Moves: Moonblast, Zen Headbutt

Mega Slurpuff is a quite nice offensive pokemon. It can run a physical belly drum set, a Calm Mind + 3 Attacks set, and an all around special attacking set, or even mixed. Its got an excellent ability to boost the power of both its STAB and some of its coverage. While this may all seem to be quite broken, its not really as Slurpuff is not exactly in the best speed tier in the world, also its Belly Drum set relies on innacurate moves. While Mega Slurpuff obviously has its downsides, it is definitely able to make up for them.

Barbaracle: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Barbaracle
Type: Rock/Water -> Rock/Water
Ability: Sniper/Tough Claws/Pickpocket-> No Guard

HP: 72 -> 72
Atk: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Def: 115 -> 145 (+30)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Spe: 68 -> 78 (+10)

Flavor Concept: More Binacles! Binacles coming out of everywhere!

Competitive Concept: A very simple change that makes all the difference. While it misses Tough Claws to boost its contact moves’ power, No Guard makes Barbaracle’s powerful but inaccurate moves like Stone Edge and Cross Chop shine. It gets perfect neutral coverage with Razor Shell/Stone Edge/Cross Chop/Shell Smash, and given its great bulk prior to smashing, it can really wreak some havoc. The fact that one of its moves has a 50% chance to lower the foe’s defense while the other two have high critical hit ratios is just icing on the cake.

A Shell Smasher with 125 attack, 78 speed, perfect neutral coverage, and perfect accuracy might sound insane, but fear not. Rock/Water remains godawful defensive typing, limiting both switch-ins and opportunities to smash. Unlike Cloyster, its attacks can’t pierce substitutes or break sashes. And, in the end, Mega Barbar falls victim to all the standard countermeasures to smashers, like Mach Punch, priority burn, or Unaware.

Malamar: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Malamar
Type: Dark/Psychic-> Dark/Psychic
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator-> Prankster

HP: 86 -> 86
Atk: 92 -> 117 (+25)
Def: 88 -> 98 (+10)
SpA: 68 -> 98 (+30)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Spe: 73 -> 88 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Malamar flips back around, but remains looking like Malamar.

Competitive Concept: Contrary Superpower is old hat in this meta, particularly as Malamar doesn’t have any STAB moves barring the exclusive Psycho Boost that it could manipulate. Moreover, in general, any movepool additions to improve Contrary Mega Malamar would obviously improve the standard form as well, and considering the standard form can hold a choice item to boost power or speed, that's no good.

Do you know what’s not old hat? Prankster Topsy Turvy. Well, I mean technically Mr. Mime currently “has it”, but the higher-ups have deemed Malamar’s signature move unworthy for the mime, leaving this niche wide open for the squid to grab. This well-deserved buff makes Malamar the bane of all set-up: unless the opponent has a priority move of its own, Malamar twists its precious boosts into debuffs.

That alone is enough to make Malamar an incredible pokemon, but throw in Prankster Destiny Bond and you’ve got yourself a terrific anti-offense meddler. Sound too good to be true? Well, I made sure to spread its stat boosts around so that it’s good, but hardly great; 86/98/95 defenses are decent, but hardly insurmountable, especially as Malamar has neither recovery outside of Rest nor a single resistance, with only a Psychic immunity to its name. Malamar is hit by all forms of hazards and forms of status, and seriously hates U-turn. Its above-average 117/98 offenses can only be boosted by Calm Mind, which it has no room for when using Topsy Turvy and/or Destiny Bond, and 88 Speed isn’t winning it any awards: this is great news for Mega Banette, whose superior typing, massively better Attack, STAB priority, and Will o Wisp allow it to not be entirely outclassed. Still, let’s not kid ourselves here: priority Topsy Turvy is a serious gamechanger, and when you add priority Destiny Bond to the mix, Malamar’s viability skyrockets.

This post starts the submission period for Clawitzer, Sylveon, Carbink, and Goodra

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
I don't know if this one was done a while ago but I don't want to read 194 pages back so...

Mega-Tauros
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Ability: Intimidate, Anger Point or Sheer Force -> Defiant

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Def: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpA: 40 -> 50 (+10)
SpD: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Spe: 110 -> 110

Mega-Tauros has more bulk and with Defiant he can become a monster when someone tries to lower its defense. With 75, 115 and 100 defenses and 110 speed he can be a good bulky offensive pokemon
In the art Mega Tauros will have bigger, more terrifying, horns. His hair will be darker so he will look more like a Dark-Type

I don't know if this one was done a while ago but I don't want to read 194 pages back so...

Mega-Tauros
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Ability: Intimidate, Anger Point or Sheer Force -> Defiant

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Def: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpA: 40 -> 50 (+10)
SpD: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Spe: 110 -> 110

Mega-Tauros has more bulk and with Defiant he can become a monster when someone tries to lower its defense. With 75, 115 and 100 defenses and 110 speed he can be a good bulky offensive pokemon
In the art Mega Tauros will have bigger, more terrifying, horns. His hair will be darker so he will look more like a Dark-Type
You won't need to check much more than one page back because everyone will always be working on the same 3-4 Pokemon at the same time vefore submitting and deciding.

The first post also has a form with all the ones that have already been done, but even if Tauros hasn't been done yet, the post before yours says which ones to work on for now.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Water
Abilities: Gooey, Hydration, Sap Sipper -> Poison Heal
New Moves: Scald

Atk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA: 110 -> 130 (+20)
SpD: 150 -> 170 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)
BST: 600 -> 700

Flavor Concept: Larger body with a pool of water surrounding it. Such flavor, much wow.

Competitive Concept: Thought poison heal would be a cool concept for M-Goodra so went with that. Discourages the use of toxic and toxic spikes when M-Goodra is around in fear of giving it self recovery. Went with the suggestion of Scald since it's useful and pretty much fits Goodra. More bulky presence so it would either fall under a tank or wall depending on how it's being used.

Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Ground
Ability: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Sap Sipper/Thick Fat (I can't decide.. help!)
New Moves: Earth Power, Slack Off

Def: 70 -> 120 (+50)
SpA: 110 -> 140 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 50 (-30)

Concept: Thematically, it's a creature of mud, made of gooey mud, and it even gets mud based attacks. So why be predictably water... go for paydirt!

I have no idea if Slack Off would break Regular Goo, but for Mega Goo, whether you see it as a great Venusaur counter or a mon who isn't 4x ice weak, Mega Goodra is a defensive wall. 90/200 is incredible Special Bulk, no doubt about it! It simply cannot be denied!

Typing: Water -> Water/Fire
Ability: Mega Launcher--> Artillery (Non-Contact Sharp Claws)
New Moves: Searing Shot, Fire Blast, Moon Blast
Atk: 73 -> 73
Def: 88 -> 128 (+40)
SpA: 120 -> 160 (+40)
SpD: 89 -> 129 (+40)
Spe: 59 -> 39 (-20)

Concept: Clawitzer becomes a fire spitting tank (who can't learn flamethrower) who shoots searing balls at enemies. While de-uniquifying Searing Shot might not be your cup of tea, it helps Clawitzer fill its slow, tanky role more swimmingly. Water/Fire's a great typing offensively and defensively with a few quad resists, and Searing Shot is needed alongside Scald to ensure that you can watch the world burn. Moonblast is like some Crescent bullet... look, it's coverage! It has 59 speed, it needs help!

As it stands, the Claw here is slow, but deceptively defensive or offensive. You could sacrifice SpAtk EVs for defenses if you want, but unlike other potential Artillerists, there is no defensive skill in its lineup.

Still, a Hydro Pump with STAB from 160 SpAtk with 33% more oomph is a scary thought.

Ability: Clear Body/Sturdy -> Solid Rock
New Moves: Recover, Perish Song, Heal Bell
Atk: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Def: 150 -> 200 (+50)
SpA: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spe: 50 -> 30 (-20)

Concept: Anything that switches in is gonna have a bad time! Carbink is hard to kill now because of Solid Rock.

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Carbink: 139-163 (45.7 - 53.6%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Carbink: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

If either tries to set up, they risk being forced out by Perish Song. There's no trapping involved, but when your job is to set up rocks, why would you want to? You want to jab the hell out of everything!

That's not a small value defensively. It can even survive a Mega Aggron Iron Head.

Sure it's far from perfect, but it has survival, and anything that's even THINKING of setting up will be sent packing because of Perish Song. Anything that thinks Toxic is the answer must hear the Heal Bell, and witness the recover. Mega Carbink is doing shit for damage, but it's a safe way to get up some rocks almost guaranteed.

I'm apprehensive about touching Sylveon, namely due to thematics involving the other Eons.

Last edited:
Mega Clawitzer
Mega Clawitzer
Type: Water--> Water/Dark
Ability: Mega Launcher-->Mega Launcher
Def: 88 -> 128(+40)
SpD: 89 -> 129(+40)
Spe: 59 -> 39(-20)

Flavor concept: It's claw got massively large, that it is now just a claw with a crab attached to it. Thanks to the increase in claw size, it got slower and bulkier, living up to it's name of being a Howitzer.The dark typing is because it became more menacing upon M-evolution. Also the stripe upon it's eyes grows larger, making it more intimidating.

Competative: This thing is more powerful and bulkier than blastoise, but alot slower. Dark typing is great offensively, poor defensively. The additonal weaknesses makes this thing a prime canditate for U-turn/volt turn teams to abuse. Positives, secondary STAB with dark pulse allowing it to hit things that resist water with higher damage. What makes this thing balanced, is the drop in speed, other than that this thing is a beast!!

Mega Goodra
Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon--> Dragon/Fighting
Ability: Sap Sipper/Hydration-->Iron Fist
New Moves: Drain Punch,Power Up Punch, Mach Punch(edited and deleted alot of moves)
Atk: 100 -> 140(+40)
Def: 70 -> 100(+30)
SpA: 110 -> 130(+20)
SpD: 150 -> 160(+10)
Spe: 80 -> 80

Flavor: It's pokedex entry says it throws a punch that is on the same level as 100 boxers. SO WHY DOESN'T IT KNOW ANY PUNCHING MOVES!?!(even if it is with it's horns) This is a long shot, but hey maybe you guys might like it :p I'm still debating whether to change it to a fighting type or keep the poison typing.Debated and changed it to a fighting type. Hell Gamefreak through us for a loop with Ampharos and Pinsir.

Competative:
  • Increase in Attack to compliment his already great physical movepool and his new additional punching moves.
  • Increase in Bulk of course to compliment the amazing Dragon/poison typing.
  • Drain Punch is a great recovery move for goodra to use. STAB + Iron Fist. We already see how effective it is on Conkeldurr
  • Increase in Atk means that it has a more powerful Dragon Tail now. Making switching into this thing more dangerous
  • Speed is left untouched because it doesn't really need an increase, it plays a similar role, just bulkier with a recovery move and better typing

EDIT: Took out alot of the punching moves for Goodra, and changed his typing to Dragon/Fighting.

Last edited:
Clawitzer (Clawitzerite)
Type: Water -> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Mega Launcher -> Mega Launcher
New Moves: Flamethrower

SpA: 120 -> 180 (+60)
SpD: 89 -> 119 (+30)
Spe: 59 -> 49 (-10)
BST: 500 -> 600

Say hello to the strongest special attackers around. Mega Clawitzer is basically all claw, full-on firepower. Nearly nothing can switch in safely on this monster, as even a neutral hit will dent walls.

252+ SpA Clawitzer Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 356-422 (92.4 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 249-294 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Clawitzer Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 420-496 (119.3 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Clawitzer Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 202-238 (61 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Carbink (Carbinkite)
Abilities: Clear Body (Sturdy) -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Spikes, Earth Power, Thunderbolt

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 150 -> 180 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Spe: 50 -> 50

Carbink's biggest weakness is Toxic, which Magic Guard fixes.

Goodra (Goodrite)
Abilities: Sap Sipper, Hydration (Gooey) -> Regenerator
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump

Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpA: 110 -> 140 (+30)

Last edited:
Mega Clawtizer
Water -> Water/Dragon
Mega Launcher -> Mega Launcher
71/73/88/120/89/59 -> 71/73/118/180/119/39

Mega Launcher niche is great. Massive special attack boosts are nothing to snort at. Mega Launcher STAB Dragon Pulse is nothing to laugh at either. Look at the strongest specially defensive dragon I can think of: Assault Vest Goodra.

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 446-528 (116.1 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Of course, it can be OHKO'd immediately by Goodra, but we're not talking about that right now. BTW, not even Latios or (Non-Geomancy-d, Non Choice Specs) Xerneas can OHKO that. So being able to hit something like that on its stronger defense and OHKO it is quite impressive.

Stat boosts are wallbreaker styled ala Mega Heracross. Slower and much stronger. It can easily be revenged though and, while 71/118/119 defenses are great, it'll be constantly taking damage. Also, it has no way to boost it's special attack so it won't be getting any stronger than it is.

The reason I made it a dragon is partly because of the typical kind of "There's a chance it can become a dragon" thing similar to how Kingdra was a dragon while Horsea and Seadra weren't. Also, I really wanted a Mega Launcher Pokemon that would actually WANT to use Dragon Pulse. So, it gets a 2.25x boost (including STAB) when it uses Dragon Pulse, and that's just fine and dandy.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Clawitzer
Mega Clawitzer
Type: Water--> Water/Dark
Ability: Mega Launcher-->Mega Launcher
Def: 88 -> 128(+40)
SpD: 89 -> 129(+40)
Spe: 59 -> 39(-20)

Flavor concept: It's claw got massively large, that it is now just a claw with a crab attached to it. Thanks to the increase in claw size, it got slower and bulkier, living up to it's name of being a Howitzer.The dark typing is because it became more menacing upon M-evolution. Also the stripe upon it's eyes grows larger, making it more intimidating.

Competative: This thing is more powerful and bulkier than blastoise, but alot slower. Dark typing is great offensively, poor defensively. The additonal weaknesses makes this thing a prime canditate for U-turn/volt turn teams to abuse. Positives, secondary STAB with dark pulse allowing it to hit things that resist water with higher damage. What makes this thing balanced, is the drop in speed, other than that this thing is a beast!!

Mega Goodra
Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon--> Dragon/Fighting
Ability: Sap Sipper/Hydration-->Iron Fist
New Moves: Poison Jab, Drain Punch, Elemental Punches, Focus Punch, Mega Punch, Power Up Punch, Mach Punch
Atk: 100 -> 140(+40)
Def: 70 -> 100(+30)
SpA: 110 -> 130(+20)
SpD: 150 -> 160(+10)

Flavor: It's pokedex entry says it throws a punch that is on the same level as 100 boxers. SO WHY DOESN'T IT KNOW ANY PUNCHING MOVES!?!(even if it is with it's horns) This is a long shot, but hey maybe you guys might like it :p I'm still debating whether to change it to a fighting type or keep the poison typing.Debated and changed it to a fighting type. Hell Gamefreak through us for a loop with Ampharos and Pinsir.

Competative:
  • Increase in Attack to compliment his already great physical movepool and his new additional punching moves.
  • Increase in Bulk of course to compliment the amazing Dragon/poison typing.
  • Drain Punch is a great recovery move for goodra to use. STAB + Iron Fist. We already see how effective it is on Conkeldurr
  • Increase in Atk means that it has a more powerful Dragon Tail now. Making switching into this thing more dangerous
  • Speed is left untouched because it doesn't really need an increase, it plays a similar role, just bulkier with a recovery move and better typing
Your Goodra submission is illegal, you are not allowed to put on that many new moves, there is a limit of 3 new moves

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Clawitzer
Water ----> Water / Steel
Mega Launcher ----> Mega Launcher
71 / 73 / 88 / 120 / 89 / 59 (500) ----> 71 / 113 (+40) / 103 (+15) / 160 (+40) / 104 (+15) / 49 (-10) (600)

Mega Clawitzer is based off of a howitzer, so adding an additional Steel typing makes sense in a way. Instead of focusing on just being purely a special attacker, Mega Clawitzer gains the ability to run some physical coverage options, such as Aqua Jet and U-turn, so he can possibly finish off a weakened foe with the former, while providing safe switches with the latter while doing some good damage. Though Mega Clawitzer still has a very meaty base 160 Special Attack stat to throw around, so 3 aura/pulse attacks + Aqua Jet or U-turn could work out pretty well, and his defenses were given a decent boost, so he can live an attack or two as he smashes opponents. A drop in Speed seemed appropriate, and allows for some additional bulk to be added.

Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Gooey
New Moves: Focus Punch, Power-Up Punch, Poison Jab

Megas for All has unearthed so many new Dragon typing combinations that pure Dragon has become a relative rarity. Weak to Ice, Fairy, and Dragon, but with Mega Goodra's obscene Special tankiness and array of coverage moves, odds are it will be left standing if you try to take it down one-on-one. Physical attackers may have slightly more luck, but even they'll end up with lowered Speed. The new punches give physical and mixed sets credence: Focus Punch can easily do 50+ percent to Chansey, while PuP and Poison Jab mean that constantly switching in Fairies or Regenerators to prevent excessive Dragon Tail shuffling won't be as sound of a strategy.

Mega Sylveon
Type: Fairy -> Fairy
Abilities: Cute Charm/Pixilate -> Fairy Mist (auto-Misty Terrain on the switch/Mega Evolution)
New Moves: N/A
HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 110 -> 135 (+25)
SpD: 130 -> 165 (+35)
Spe: 60 -> 70 (+10)

Without Pixilate, Mega Sylveon doesn't get boosted Hyper Voice, but underestimate STAB Moonblast from 135 base Special Attack at your own peril. Since Misty Terrain is essentially Safeguard that halves the power of all Dragon-type moves, Mega Sylveon can be even more of a team-oriented cleric than before as it doesn't have to worry about Toxic, Paralysis, Burn or Sleep interfering with Heal Bell or passing Wishes. The Misty Terrain also makes something like Prankster Thundurus a much worse check to Sylveon passing a Calm Mind or two to a speedy teammate.

Clawitzer (Clawitzerite)
Type: Water -> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Mega Launcher -> Mega Launcher
New Moves: Flamethrower

SpD: 89 -> 129 (+30)
Spe: 59 -> 49 (-10)

Say hello to the strongest special attackers around. Mega Clawitzer is basically all claw, full-on firepower. Nearly nothing can switch in safely on this monster, as even a neutral hit will dent walls.

252+ SpA Clawitzer Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 356-422 (92.4 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 249-294 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Clawitzer Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 420-496 (119.3 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Clawitzer Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 202-238 (61 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Carbink (Carbinkite)
Abilities: Clear Body (Sturdy) -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Spikes, Earth Power, Thunderbolt

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 150 -> 180 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Spe: 50 -> 50

Carbink's biggest weakness is Toxic, which Magic Guard fixes.

Goodra (Goodrite)
Abilities: Sap Sipper, Hydration (Gooey) -> Regenerator
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump

So it appears our Mega Clawitizer's are nearly identical... Also, you have an added +10 SpDef. 88+30 = 118 not 128. I can drop mine if you want...unless you like my stat spread better. I'll be fine with adding Flamethrower to mine. So...it doesn't matter much.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Clawitzer
Water -> Water
Mega Launcher -> Mega Launcher

Atk: 73 -> 99 (+26)
Def: 88 -> 75 (-13)
SpD: 89 -> 75 (-14)
Spe: 59 -> 100 (+41)

Mega Clawitzer can now punch holes through teams with his spectacular 180 Special Attack backed up by a respectable base 100 Speed

So it appears our Mega Clawitizer's are nearly identical... Also, you have an added +10 SpDef. 88+30 = 118 not 128. I can drop mine if you want...unless you like my stat spread better. I'll be fine with adding Flamethrower to mine. So...it doesn't matter much.
Yeah, I fixed that.

I'd prefer to keep mine, but I don't see the harm in leaving them both up and see which stat spread people prefer.

Yeah, I fixed that.

I'd prefer to keep mine, but I don't see the harm in leaving them both up and see which stat spread people prefer.
Hmm, ah well, I'll probably just endorse yours since it's essentially just getting rid of 10 speed for 10 defense. It guarantees more opportunities for a Water/Dragon Clawtizer with ridiculous special attack to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)