Smogon Tour 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
No, you just need to sign up for each one you want to enter when the sign up threads are created and go from there. Have fun :)

Yeah fine I think I speak for all guys in India here:

Can we have earlier tours? The problem for us is that tours start for us in the middle of the night (actually 3:30 am Saturday Morning-Friday Night). We deserve to play without sleep deprivation!
While Lord Ninjax can make very annoying posts sometimes, I have to agree with this one. For people who live in a Pacific time zone, like me, the tour times can be very inconvenient, with the Sunday tour forcing some people who aren't in EST to play at midnight, which obviously isn't a very optimum time to think at high level.
Could the tour times be shifted just a few hours back? e.g from 2 PM on a Sunday to 11/12 PM? I doubt I'm the only one who this affects :[

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
While Lord Ninjax can make very annoying posts sometimes, I have to agree with this one. For people who live in a Pacific time zone, like me, the tour times can be very inconvenient, with the Sunday tour forcing some people who aren't in EST to play at midnight, which obviously isn't a very optimum time to think at high level.
Could the tour times be shifted just a few hours back? e.g from 2 PM on a Sunday to 11/12 PM? I doubt I'm the only one who this affects :[
The problem with that is that later in the season, tours usually become increasingly harder to fill up. I remember season 16 because I hosted a lot of the later tours and I struggled a couple of times to reach 64 entrants. Because there's a lot more players living in NA / Europe timezones the current times help with this issue a lot more. Also, if you push back the Sunday tour you suddenly have a lot less convenient times for the American West Coast players which have a large playerbase: the Friday tour is about 3 PM their time which is bad given that Friday is a week day and you'll usually be doing something else at these times. The Sunday tour would end up at 8-9 AM for them which I doubt anyone wants to play a Smogon Tour at these times... So yeah, it sucks for you guys but given the live nature of these tours the current times really satisfy a majority of players :x

The problem with that is that later in the season, tours usually become increasingly harder to fill up. I remember season 16 because I hosted a lot of the later tours and I struggled a couple of times to reach 64 entrants. Because there's a lot more players living in NA / Europe timezones the current times help with this issue a lot more. Also, if you push back the Sunday tour you suddenly have a lot less convenient times for the American West Coast players which have a large playerbase: the Friday tour is about 3 PM their time which is bad given that Friday is a week day and you'll usually be doing something else at these times. The Sunday tour would end up at 8-9 AM for them which I doubt anyone wants to play a Smogon Tour at these times... So yeah, it sucks for you guys but given the live nature of these tours the current times really satisfy a majority of players :x
Ah fine then.....I usually can make it at 3 (am).....anything to play lol

I'm not in the mood to make predictions, we'll see who makes playoffs first. However, in the spirit of preseason, I'm probably gonna go with Bloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)