Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Anyone else disappointed in the lack of a green haired ZSS alternate? There's a lot of promise for alternate skin ideas, but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing them realized.

Ness will be announced tomorrow, calling it now.

(Not that most people here care about that after the leaks...)

I'm hoping they start announcing more characters in the next two weeks, we only have 13 more PotDs until the Japanese release ._.

So apparently the guy who's been leaking stuff about the games on 4chan was found and confirmed to be simply stapling on false info to the legitimate stuff. What this means is that the leaks adding on Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, and Mach Rider are (fairly unsurprisingly given no source) false. This does not change the status on DHD, Bowser JR, and shulk as that was part of the original, legitimate leak he tacked onto.

So apparently the guy who's been leaking stuff about the games on 4chan was found and confirmed to be simply stapling on false info to the legitimate stuff. What this means is that the leaks adding on Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, and Mach Rider are (fairly unsurprisingly given no source) false. This does not change the status on DHD, Bowser JR, and shulk as that was part of the original, legitimate leak he tacked onto.
I wasn't liking the idea of the DLC anyway, its good to know.

Also: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-super-smash-bros-leaker-may-found-nintendo/
Sounds believable to me, considering how real the leak looked.

Last edited:
Mains
Meta knight, fox, falco, toon link, mr game and watch

Secondary
Mega man, duck hunt dog, lucina, sonic, bowser jr.

Don't really care about the other characters tbqh

I realize I forgot to post sources for what I just posted so here's the smashboards post with all the legitimate info where it makes the legitimate leaker and the leaker intertwining truth with bull very apparent separate entities. I won't share the image of the fake leaker getting BTFO since it contains his personal info, but I'm sure you can find it easily if you look hard enough. I wasn't sure which side the "who's cut now" was on, but it looks like it's on the truth tellers side, meaning those four characters are almost certainly cut.

With that in mind, it looks like the roster only has 5 characters left until it's fully fleshed out, maybe less if the Mii fighter takes up one or three roster spaces. I'd say Marshall (the chorus kid) is still likely one of those remaining since he synchs up with the gematsu leak (which barring the problems with robin's reveal has been spot on accurate. I think in the process of information travelling, it's possible "FEA protagonist" could have been mistakenly simplified to Chrom). I've still got my personal hopes for those last few spots... Just give me Ridley and this roster is 10/10 !_!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mains
King Dedede, Olimar, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus

Secondary
Sonic and maybe greninja and duck hunt dog if hes real.

Just hoping that they gave sonic's moves a bit more of a punch this time.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
main(s):

rosalina & luma, zero suit samus, peach, rob

secondaries:

charizard, greninja, king dedede, bowser, SANIC

i'll probably play as whoever i feel like playing, but i'm loving the roster, even w/ the clones.

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea who I want to main. I play characters based how how satisfying they are to play. For brawl at least, every character I tried to main / secondary based on how much I liked the character. I ended up not enjoying Diddy Kong, Dedede or Sonic going in expecting to love them and ended up with ROB as a main with a group of Luigi, DK, and Olimar as a crowd of friendlies-based secondaries.

I wanted to main lucas but I guess he's not making it back :(. I have mixed feelings about lucas's absence, his move-set matched very well with my play style (also hexagons happen to be my favorite shape) but it wouldn't make sense for the earthbound/mother series to get two reps because it was not very popular in NA. I didn't even know who ness was from 64 until late melee/early brawl.

greninja and lucarioooo. never forget the aura extremespeed.

characters i may play slightly more than the others include sheik, pikachu, lucina, shulk, kirby, rosalina, and falco. I will play Ness and Puff if they are not ass in this installment; predicting the rest of my choices to be mid to top tier.

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
I wanted to main lucas but I guess he's not making it back :(. I have mixed feelings about lucas's absence, his move-set matched very well with my play style (also hexagons happen to be my favorite shape) but it wouldn't make sense for the earthbound/mother series to get two reps because it was not very popular in NA. I didn't even know who ness was from 64 until late melee/early brawl.
You could say the same about Fire Emblem characters in Melee, largely unknown to the west. Melee was a big part of bringing those games to America and Brawl was a big part of making Mother 3 a game people actually played. I still don't know why Nintendo is so afraid of lawsuits regarding Mother 3. Yes, there are very direct samples (like the natural killer cyborg ripping michal jackson music directly) but Nintendo has traditionally been able to flex its muscles in the court. With a good lawyer, they should have no problems, right????

rip lucas ;_;

e: tfw no lucas

Last edited:
Leaked Image

Picture of the Day

Pic of the day. A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges in the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit trickier.

(This just adds to the leak being real, on top of NoA's Copyright claims and the other menus)

Also, more Music was added: www.smashbros.com/us/music

Last edited:
Japanese

English

Pic of the day. Customize your characters in the Custom section. It sounded better to customize "characters" instead of "fighters," so that's what we went with. There are various ways to customize, but make sure you remember to set up the powers you're bringing with you before playing a round of Smash Run.

(Interesting color change, maybe it you can choose the uniform color?)

Last edited:

Pic of the day. The mysterious fighting teams that appear in the Smash Bros. series come in many shapes and sizes, but this time even we don't know what all of them will look like! It's said that they copy faces from Mii characters saved on your system and attack in a large throng…!! But wait, they all have big smiles on their faces. Looks like they're having a good time, so show no mercy and launch them all away!!

The direct: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140829/index.html

(Smash boards has noticed that Sakurai always uploads a worthless picture before a direct, maybe it will have something smash related. I hope you all know Japanese.)

EDIT: Maybe its not so worthless, its also been noted that this is probably multi-man smash, which was leaked to be about fighting Mii's.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Shulks intro video. Looks like another Map Boss at the end :) Looking good so far! Looks like the leak was real.

More importantly, look at the name of the video... "Super Smash Bros. - Looks like we don't have a choice! (Wii U & Nintendo 3DS)" It's very telling in my opinion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)