XY NU Lets try this again..

Alright so I've already posted this team before but this time I will follow the rules!

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
First up is Roselia. I have spikes on Roseila because hazards are great especially with stealth rocks; in a pinch it does some nice damage. I have synthesis for some nice recovery. I have Sludge Bomb for some nice STAB damage and coverage. And finally I have Giga Drain for additional recovery but also damage to some things sludge bomb can't handle.

Lanturn @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 56 HP / 236 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Next up Lanturn. Lantern is apart of defensive core with Roselia. Scald does some nice STAB damage as well as a chance of burn which is nice for physical sweepers. I have volt switch so I can get out of sticky situations and do some chip damage on the way out and put in a Pokemon better suited for taking out the threat. I have thunder wave to slow down opposing Pokemon so I can hit the opponent first and hope for had as well. Ice beam is there for coverage however I may switch this with a electric type move.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Roar

Third is Granbull. Granbull supports the RoseTurn core and adds a nice immunity to dragon types as long as it's alive. First move is Play Rough for some standard STAB hits and.. yeah. Earthquake is there to handle it's weaknesses and one resistance Poison, Steel, and Fire. Heal bell is on Granbull because status I believe is crippling to a team unless you're prepared. Roar is there specifically for Pokemon that set up and especially handy with shell smash+ white herb pokes because it makes that whole turn redundant.

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Fourth is Probopass, my utility Pokemon. First move is toxic giving the opponent chip damage and a chance for me to stall with other Pokemon. Volt Switch is there to get out for some chip dmage for when the going gets tough. Flash Cannon is my third move because it's STAB and can finish Pokemon off with low HP. Finally stealth rock is there for pesky birds and bugs that get on my nerves as well as bring some damage to every Pokemon switched in my granbull's roar.

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spe / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

Fifth is Scyther, the banded bandit. With its ability technician all its moves do more than usual which is a plus. Aerial ace is there for STAB hits and I believe it doesn't check accuracy so it always hits. U-Turn is there just in case a Pokemon is switched in and scyther can't handle he can switch out. Brick Break shatters though screens and pesky Normal types that try to wall me. Pursuit is what I choose over quick attack because it's nice dark/Psychic coverage and hits even if the opponent switches out.

Camerupt @ Lum Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 196 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge

Finally camerupt, my earthly special sweeper. Yawn is there so Pokemon that get switched in either sleep or switch again. (Either is really good because it's a hit on either the sleeping Mon or the one switched in) Earth Power is there for a powerful STAB move and so is Lava Plume (Lava Plume also having a chance to burn) Stone edge is there for flying and additional ice coverage since ground can't hit flying at all under normal conditions.

Thank you for reading and Hopefully you can point out some weaknesses and recommend some things to me so I can make this team even better!

Last edited:
Hey dude, interesting team you have here. The biggest thing I can see is that your team struggles with an inability to remove hazards and Stealth Rock really cripples Scyther. I think Camerupt is the most replaceable member since it's not adding a whole lot to your team and I recommend you try out Rapid Spin Cryogonal in it's place. Cryogonal can provide much needed support for the team as well as serving as a decent Special Attacker. The rest of your team also really appreciates hazards off the field due to the amount of switching you're doing with VoltTurn. Also a few minor changes to suggest, you should test out Hidden power Fire over Sludge Bomb on Roselia to help with Ferroseed issues and I also suggest you use Earth Power over Flash Cannon on Probopass so you can check Klinklang which otherwise destroys your team.

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis / Rest
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Probopass @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

I hope I was able to help.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey IrishAurum, cool team!

I 100% agree with all the changes New Breed suggested as they will greatly benefit your team.

Unfortunately, I feel like Ground-types kinda destroy your team as your only good switch ins at the moment is Granbull, and maybe Scyther + Cryogonal, but they won't appreciate taking a Rock-type attack (which a lot of Ground-types might carry). To try and fix that a bit, I am going to suggest a Physically Defensive spread on Roselia:

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Going Physically Defensive will allow Roselia to take physical hits way better while still having amazing special bulk thanks to Eviolite and its natural bulk. Physically Defensive will also give Roselia more opportunity to set up Spikes as it will now have an easier time to set them up against physical attackers, which should help.

I am also going to suggest going with Leftovers over Sitrus Berry on Lanturn as it will give Lanturn more recovery in the long run than Sitrus Berry, which honestly is only really good in metagames where the games rarely last over 20 turns (Doubles / VGC / Triples etc) or with the Unburden ability, which Lanturn doesn't have. This will also make it easier to switch into things and it won't care about Toxic and Burns as much.

Hope I helped!

Agreeing with above users New Breed and SnipeGazer on Cryogonal > Camerupt and HP Fire Physdef Rose, but I feel the team is incredibly weak to Swords Dance Pawniard and Shift Gear Klinklang, which literally 6-0 your team off the bat. As a result I would consider running Physically Defensive Seismitoad over Lanturn. Toad offers a similar Electric and Water immunity, but adds to such by contributing a way to consistently check steel type setup sweepers which pretty much wall them for days. It still has amazing synergy alongside Roselia, and the addition of Knock Off adds more utility to your team. However, by adding toad I feel that stealth rock on Probopass may be unecessary, and the standard offensive pivot probopass variant could be tried!

Cool team, hope I helped!

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull / Sturdy
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Power Gem

Thank you so much for help with my team all of you! Ill try to see if these changes help asap!
(Though getting HP fire on Roseila in game might be a little tricky)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)