Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- You sent invalid team data. If you're not using a custom client, please report this as a bug.

This is the second time the tournament feature's been glitching out for me today. The only way to enter the tour is to do /tour join, and when you join, it attempts to give you a random team, which will provide the error message above. I was still able to battle using /tour getupdate (thanks, 0Loyd0), but I have no idea what's going on. I'm not using a custom client (as far as I'm aware of), and I'm using the main PS server.

For whatever reason when sending only a period your message cannot be seen by other users, and demote you by one rank. I tested with with Lightning Luxray, a driver in the doubles room, and he said it showed him as a voice.

Attachments

For whatever reason when sending only a period your message cannot be seen by other users, and demote you by one rank. I tested with with Lightning Luxray, a driver in the doubles room, and he said it showed him as a voice.
I think it demotes you to your global rank, actually. I am a driver in the Other Metas room, but only a regular user globally. It made me a regular user.

According to what I've heard, this is part of the new chat filter. Whenever you type "." or "lagtest", no one else can see it and it displays your global rank, it's mainly to test if you're lagging without saying anything in chat about it.

Technician doesn't work in battles and the game will say that you did not set an ability for said pokemon. (tested with my Mr. Mime with Technician, then changed Mr. Mime's ability to Filter and it worked, so my guess is that it is Technician itself.)

EVs screwed up.png

Showdown often does this thing where after setting up my EVs on a pokemon, I start a battle and the EVs get changed (usually to 4). This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and whatever the problem is happens everytime I try it, if I forfeit the battle, fix the EVs and start a new battle, they just get switched back to that crap. In this case, Magmortar has his attack IVs set to 0, which I think might be somehow related to the problem.

I am having a very big problem in pokemon showdown, each time i open the game up and select any format the team keeps loading but never ends up loading, be it random battles or normal created teams it never loads. How do i solve this problem

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Bug Type: Visual
Description: Focus Punch charging icon does not get removed from a Pokemon who attempts to Focus Punch, and then is Encored into another move, until the start of the next round.
Replay: Here we go

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
SORRY, I DID NOT SAVE A REPLAY/SCREENIE/LOG
(You wouldn't be able to tell anyway - how could I do that anyway - this is a HUD sorta thing right?)

I don't know if this is known or not (As far as I know, it isn't) but...

When I was battling someone in a single battle on OU Monotype, I selected a move when I was using my Rhyperior (It was Earthquake - I meant to select Stone Edge) to 1 shot a Talonflame - like I do all the time, then realized I misclicked, then chose Stone Edge - but something was wrong - instead of using Stone Edge, I used Earthquake.

I honestly remember canceling, then choosing Stone Edge. But nope, the game chose to do Earthquake, thus making me look like a complete and utter n00b. Yeah, thanks glitch you made a Smogon User go into 'Pick on the n00b' mode!

I do know a way to resolve the glitch too. There's 2 ways to go -
*Edit the attack choice system to have a 5 second attack confirmation before sending battle choice data to the opponent!

*Just merely improve the code of the attack choice system, and make the battle choice data be sent AFTER both choices are made!

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Is Sky Drop supposed to go through King's Shield? Turn 4 for reference.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-157935339

EDIT: I Google'd and it was reasoned that since the first turn isn't an attack, it is supposed to go through. Is this confirmed in X and Y?
Sky Drop is a secondary status effect (the kind that wears off upon switching, like confusion). So it does go through King's Shield - King's Shield doesn't block status moves like Toxic or Confuse Ray - only attacks.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.

Showdown often does this thing where after setting up my EVs on a pokemon, I start a battle and the EVs get changed (usually to 4). This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and whatever the problem is happens everytime I try it, if I forfeit the battle, fix the EVs and start a new battle, they just get switched back to that crap. In this case, Magmortar has his attack IVs set to 0, which I think might be somehow related to the problem.
I got this a few times, but not in EVs, but in Nicknames, Items and Movesets. It's a glitch with the save team interval. I usually copy the import/export option text then put it into a temporary Notepad file. really helps to resolve the problem until the save team interval is fixed.

chippy2001, about your problem, it doesn't exist. The cancel button works correctly, but lot of time even a minimum quantity of lag can make that happen. Simply when you pressed cancel, your opponent had already chosen his move, so rhyperior used (correctly) earthquake.

Btw i've two possible bugs. For the first one i have not a screen, but maybe someone of you find it again on the ladder and save it: in a random battle, a tentacruel (that was not a zoroark for sure) had leftovers as item instead of black sludge... and this is not normal, in randbats items are correct.

About the second, it's a problem with mr. mime and his ability... i don't know if technician is an allowed ability, if it's unreleased or something else, but however it isn't a recognized ability for ps. When you try to look for a battle, the error message is: mr. mime needs to have an ability. And yes, i'm sure he has it. (With the other mr. mime abilities, there is not the same problem. You can simply and quickly verify it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)