Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just RGN'd this beautiful fellow:

Jolly-- 31/31/31/31/31/31

My questions the of the day are:

• What moves should I tutor it? (Besides the obligatory Stealth Rock, that it) AKA: Is Iron Head/Zen Headbutt worth the Shards?
  • Would people be interested in trading for it? Or is it going to be another case of: Oh, Luxury Ball is way too common!

• What moves should I tutor it? (Besides the obligatory Stealth Rock, that it) AKA: Is Iron Head/Zen Headbutt worth the Shards?
  • Would people be interested in trading for it? Or is it going to be another case of: Oh, Luxury Ball is way too common!
1) I honestly just replace every move with a tutor move (of course, beneficial ones are prioritized due to 4 slot syndrome) and besides it can just relearn whatever important thing it foregoes in b2/w2 on XY, so IMO, go for it, heart scales aren't even that rare. So stealth rock, superpower, zen headbutt, and iron head would seem nice.
2) I would be interested in it if I didn't know how to RNG so yeah, even if a lot of people already have it, it still is appealing (luxury and dive in most cases).

1) I honestly just replace every move with a tutor move (of course, beneficial ones are prioritized due to 4 slot syndrome) and besides it can just relearn whatever important thing it foregoes in b2/w2 on XY, so IMO, go for it, heart scales aren't even that rare. So stealth rock, superpower, zen headbutt, and iron head would seem nice.
2) I would be interested in it if I didn't know how to RNG so yeah, even if a lot of people already have it, it still is appealing (luxury and dive in most cases).
So just teach it everything its tiny brain can take- sounds good! :)

Just got my Japanese copy of Pokemon X!

Any ball suggestions for the Elegant Vivillon - BESIDES Master Ball?

Note: Totally gonna to try and catch a good IV Vivillon in a Master Ball though! :)

Jolly-- 31/31/31/31/31/31

My questions the of the day are:

If you're not content with only one response (I know I never am...), here's my take:

• You pretty much listed the best ones. However, if you really don't want Zen Headbutt (what are you going to hit that EQ doesn't hit harder? Poison/Fight types, if they existed Toxicroak, thanks for remembering one of my favorite 'mons, Hclegend ) you could go for Helping Hand (for VGC/doubles/triples) or Block (for that rare opportunity to SD on something that can't 2HKO you). Options are always nice and it's nice to see different things every now and again.
  • I'm sure a lot of people are interested in something like this, especially if tutored. I'm in the same boat as Mackenzie - would be interested if I didn't know how to RNG/had BWB2W2. Not everyone can RNG/has access to BWB2W2, so there certainly is a market for it. However, Luxury Ball is way too overrated common, in my opinion. Why do people even like that hideous monstrosity? Almost nothing matches it, and there are few cases of thematic matches.

Last edited:
If you're not content with only one response (I know I never am...), here's my take:

• You pretty much listed the best ones. However, if you really don't want Zen Headbutt (what are you going to hit that EQ doesn't hit harder? Poison/Fight types, if they existed) you could go for Helping Hand (for VGC/doubles/triples) or Block (for that rare opportunity to SD on something that can't 2HKO you). Options are always nice and it's nice to see different things every now and again.
  • I'm sure a lot of people are interested in something like this, especially if tutored. I'm in the same boat as Mackenzie - would be interested if I didn't know how to RNG/had BWB2W2. Not everyone can RNG/has access to BWB2W2, so there certainly is a market for it. However, Luxury Ball is way too overrated common, in my opinion. Why do people even like that hideous monstrosity? Almost nothing matches it, and there are few cases of thematic matches.
Agreed! Luxury Ball is just.. UGH. The only thing that matches it perfectly (IMO) is Seviper.

Really wish we could get some brown/grey Poke Balls.

• You pretty much listed the best ones. However, if you really don't want Zen Headbutt (what are you going to hit that EQ doesn't hit harder? Poison/Fight types, if they existed) you could go for Helping Hand (for VGC/doubles/triples) or Block (for that rare opportunity to SD on something that can't 2HKO you). Options are always nice and it's nice to see different things every now and again.
Agreed! Luxury Ball is just.. UGH. The only thing that matches it perfectly (IMO) is Seviper.

Really wish we could get some brown/grey Poke Balls.
But... I just love that posh black with the gorgeous gold rings... :(

Still, I may be Dive Ball for all you Luxury haters out there. Just not soon! :)-
(Because RNGing Terra on Black2 is murder...)
(Especially with no 100% capture code)

Does anyone have a Crawdaunt or Corphish with Adaptability they'd be willing to trade? Or at least a Friend Safari with Crawdaunt in it? (PM me if so.)

How useless is a Bug Friend Safari? I'm just wondering because no one seems to want to get my Friend Code simply because I have a Bug Safari.

How useless is a Bug Friend Safari? I'm just wondering because no one seems to want to get my Friend Code simply because I have a Bug Safari.
Considering that the only generally valuable Pokemon in a Bug Safari are Pinsir and Heracross, both of which are in Slot 3, and all the other Pokemon available are of the "early-game pointless bug" variety... yeah, Bug Safaris are pretty useless.

Looking for a couple HA pokemon. To be precise Corpish/Crawdaunt and Shroomish/Breloom. If anyone have a spare one or have them in his/her safari, let me know :)

Considering that the only generally valuable Pokemon in a Bug Safari are Pinsir and Heracross, both of which are in Slot 3, and all the other Pokemon available are of the "early-game pointless bug" variety... yeah, Bug Safaris are pretty useless.
At least you're honest. My slot 3 is Vivillon, and I'm also shamed with having Volbeat in my Safari.

At least you're honest. My slot 3 is Vivillon, and I'm also shamed with having Volbeat in my Safari.
If you don't have too many friends (or you simply don't care about losing them), you can reset your 3DS to get a new Friend Code and Friend Safari. Alongside some coordination with a member here, you can continue to reset until you get a Friend Safari you either like or is in demand. It'll take some time, but is doable. I'd suggest doing that if you really hate your FS.

I'm sure others will clarify what I mean and/or help you. As for me, I won't be able to help, unfortunately (well, not right now - I could help you in about 5 hours).

EDIT:
To clarify, I mean to factory reset your device. Thanks for pointing that out, keroblade (I thought it was obvious what I meant...)

Last edited:
If you don't have too many friends (or you simply don't care about losing them), you can reset your 3DS to get a new Friend Code and Friend Safari. Alongside some coordination with a member here, you can continue to reset until you get a Friend Safari you either like or is in demand. It'll take some time, but is doable. I'd suggest doing that if you really hate your FS.

I'm sure others will clarify what I mean and/or help you. As for me, I won't be able to help, unfortunately (well, not right now - I could help you in about 5 hours).
How would you do that? O.o Are you talking about resetting your 3DS to factory settings or restarting a new Pokemon game?

Just managed to breed a 4 egg move Timid Cyndaquil in a Repeat Ball with HP Grass (31/30/31/30/31/31). Luckily I saved the game before I hatched it. Any ideas for a fitting hatching location in XY? ^^

Cyndaquil (M)
Ability: Blaze
IVs (31/30/31/30/31/31) = HP Grass
Timid Nature
- Flame Burst
- Extrasensory
- Reversal
- Nature Power
The Blaze Chamber for the blazing 'mon? Not really that many places for a fire type in Kalos...

Yeah, I meant factory reset, keroblade - I've edited my post accordingly...

Just managed to breed a 4 egg move Timid Cyndaquil in a Repeat Ball with HP Grass (31/30/31/30/31/31). Luckily I saved the game before I hatched it. Any ideas for a fitting hatching location in XY? ^^

Cyndaquil (M)
Timid Nature
- Flame Burst
- Extrasensory
- Reversal
- Nature Power
Definitely the Blazing Chamber [Elite Four].

The Blaze Chamber for the blazing 'mon? Not really that many places for a fire type in Kalos...

Yeah, I meant factory reset, keroblade - I've edited my post accordingly...
Cool, thanks for the info. :)

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Cyndaquil (M)
Timid Nature
- Flame Burst
- Extrasensory
- Reversal
- Nature Power
If it's still in egg form, why not try TSV hatching it? It would make an absolutely beautiful shiny Cyndaquil :) you can always ask the hatcher to hatch it in a specific location for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)