Pokémon Dragonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I would like to hear some opinions on Outrage vs Dragon Claw for CB nite. Obviously the extra power on outrage is nice but then you are pretty vulnerable to being revenge killed when you could maybe come back in to clean up with ES latter. Idk I suppose I would just like some input as to whether or not you guys think outrage is worth it

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey guys I would like to hear some opinions on Outrage vs Dragon Claw for CB nite. Obviously the extra power on outrage is nice but then you are pretty vulnerable to being revenge killed when you could maybe come back in to clean up with ES latter. Idk I suppose I would just like some input as to whether or not you guys think outrage is worth it
Outrage is meant for murdering walls when Fairies are dead. You need the power to break through stuff like Mega Venu and even Chansey.

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 205-243 (56.3 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 138-163 (37.9 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 438-516 (68.3 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 292-345 (45.5 - 53.8%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 438-516 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 292-345 (41.4 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

You can still run Dragon Claw if you want, but you'll need some prior damage or SR to gets some 2HKOs that are guaranteed with Outrage.

I think the choice between the two moves could be based off of your team. Going off of what Karxrida said, if your team really needed to be able to beat Mega Venusaur then you might want to run Outrage. I also feel like on more offensive teams you probably want to go with Outrage. Since I figure being able to break for other teammates would be important.

My dragonite every time I use it he sweeps!

Dragonite@Weakness Policy
Trait:Multi scale
Ev's:252hp/196Spd/60Atk (This is estimated from my ps one but close enough)
Adamant Nature:+Atk. -SAtk
-Roost
-Dragon claw
-Dragons dance
-Extreme Speed / Fire punch

I put out my Dragonite when a Pokemon strong against him is out .First I use DD if no attacks Again then when he attacks if it's not a super effective move and he knows my plan I use roost then he'll use a super effective move if he knows my plan then weakness policy Goes off with high attack I sweep.with Dragon claw and if I face e.g. a ice or fairy Extreme speed is for priority and Fire punch is for power.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If you use Outrage on a fairy type you regain the ability to switch out. IDK if that makes it the better choice but it is important to know.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
^ That only applies if Dragonite had not been locked into Outrage prior (aka, first use of Outrage), so keep that in mind. That means a Fairy-type cannot "trap" Dragonite by switching its first Outrage, but they can revenge kill an already Outraging Dragonite effortlessly.

^ That only applies if Dragonite had not been locked into Outrage prior (aka, first use of Outrage), so keep that in mind. That means a Fairy-type cannot "trap" Dragonite by switching its first Outrage, but they can revenge kill an already Outraging Dragonite effortlessly.
I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Only oddity I recall is that switching into Outrage on the turn it naturally ends still causes confusion (is that only on sim? I'd never seen it happen like that on cart), but it always ends the turn it hits something immune.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Only oddity I recall is that switching into Outrage on the turn it naturally ends still causes confusion (is that only on sim? I'd never seen it happen like that on cart), but it always ends the turn it hits something immune.
Bulbapedia: If a disruption occurs on what would have been the final, confusion-inducing turn of Outrage, the user will always become confused.

Outrage will now also be disrupted if used on a Fairy-type Pokémon, which are immune to it.
That is apparently the game mechanic, but you're right; Fairies cannot trap Dragonite by switching into its Outrage period (that would be for Steels). However, should Dragonite have KOed something, or the opponent employed a slower indirect switch to the Fairy (VoltTurn, Baton Pass), the Fairy would be able to smack Dragonite without worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)