All Gens RoA Premier League: Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Cune had Sleep Talk.

I switched Skarmory into lax to absorb Selfdestruct.

I was focusing on trying to damage Snorlax. The battle was pretty short. I would probably have tried scouting with Miltank later, or I would have used Suicune's Rest, but if you read the log Suicune hadn't the time to do that, except for when I sent out Skarmory predicting selfdestruct.

My Cune had Sleep Talk.
Oh, dear.

Yeah, don't switch Suicune into a potential CurseLax unless it has Roar. It is complete setup bait and you don't have the Pokemon to take hits from FireLax at +2/+3. If you had Missy it'd be a different matter since FireLax can't touch Missy, but Miltank can't Growl down Lax from high Curse levels without dying.

I switched Skarmory into lax to absorb Selfdestruct.

I was focusing on trying to damage Snorlax. The battle was pretty short. I would probably have tried scouting with Miltank later, or I would have used Suicune's Rest, but if you read the log Suicune hadn't the time to do that, except for when I sent out Skarmory predicting selfdestruct.
You predicted Selfdestruct from a Lax before knowing it wasn't CurseLax? This ain't RBY. Something like 80% of Lax don't even have Selfdestruct.

Like seriously, the way you played, he could have swept you with CurseLax alone.

If I switch to Miltank at the first Curse, even if he curses again in the switch, a +2 Snorlax isn't a big problem. I would use Growl and a +1 Snorlax would body slam me for 36-43% damage. From then on, I would directly send out Miltank.

Having seen only 2 moves I couldn't let him Lovely kiss my Miltank

It's more the case that I didn't wanted to lose my second bulky water (with selfdestruct) and be raped by grounds. That's why I switched to Skarmory and I don't see anything wrong with that.

But yeah, that's only my own opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)