2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know. Not too happy with it. At least we are out of debt now. And I wouldn't say Toornstra is mediocre, definitely good enough imo.
He's definitely good enough for Feyenoord, but he's not really good enough to beat Besiktas with it for example. And I also would like Bruno Martins Indi and Janmaat instead of Wilkshire and Toornstra :P
But it sure is a nice buy from Feyenoord!
Well this is basiCally how they keep the CLub running.

Same with Clubs like Southampton.
Didn't really think Southampton needed to sell so many players from their starting XI to keep running...

He's definitely good enough for Feyenoord, but he's not really good enough to beat Besiktas with it for example. And I also would like Bruno Martins Indi and Janmaat instead of Wilkshire and Toornstra :P
But it sure is a nice buy from Feyenoord!

Didn't really think Southampton needed to sell so many players from their starting XI to keep running...
Yeah obviously, but Kongolo + Van Beek is still a good CB combination esp. with Mathijsen and Bouhlarouz as backups, not really happy with our RB position because Janmaat was so amazing and Wilkshire / Bouhlarouz is eh, but w/e. Also, if we buy Bas Dost which seems to be happening (well, 2M for a loan deal which seems way overprice to me but w/e), should be good as Pelle replacement. Still we are kind weak on the wings tho and also LB unless we play Kongolo there but then we're a bit weak at CB.

Oh and we need to buy a Clasie replacement if he gets sold.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah obviously, but Kongolo + Van Beek is still a good CB combination esp. with Mathijsen and Bouhlarouz as backups, not really happy with our RB position because Janmaat was so amazing and Wilkshire / Bouhlarouz is eh, but w/e. Also, if we buy Bas Dost which seems to be happening (well, 2M for a loan deal which seems way overprice to me but w/e), should be good as Pelle replacement. Still we are kind weak on the wings tho and also LB unless we play Kongolo there but then we're a bit weak at CB.

Oh and we need to buy a Clasie replacement if he gets sold.
Sadly Janmaat etc. are sold yeah. I don't think Bouhlarouz will play a lot and I've never actually seen Wilkshire play but I know Feyenoord made a bad start (losing vs Utrecht in own home).
Bas Dost sounds like a good deal to me, but just too much for 2m. I also haven't seen Kongolo play (I don't watch the Eredivisie except for "klassiekers") but he seems to do fine.

Only I don't know why people think Te Vrede is so bad, if you score every match so far you can't be bad :P

I still think either Ajax or PSV becomes champion again. They both have many good players (Depay, Narsingh, Locadia, Zivkovic, Kishna, Schone, Klaassen) and are in my opinion better than Feyenoord.

Sadly Janmaat etc. are sold yeah. I don't think Bouhlarouz will play a lot and I've never actually seen Wilkshire play but I know Feyenoord made a bad start (losing vs Utrecht in own home).
Bas Dost sounds like a good deal to me, but just too much for 2m. I also haven't seen Kongolo play (I don't watch the Eredivisie except for "klassiekers") but he seems to do fine.

Only I don't know why people think Te Vrede is so bad, if you score every match so far you can't be bad :P

I still think either Ajax or PSV becomes champion again. They both have many good players (Depay, Narsingh, Locadia, Zivkovic, Kishna, Schone, Klaassen) and are in my opinion better than Feyenoord.
Um the thing about Te Vrede is, well tbh right now he's ok, the reason why he is doing well w/ scoring goals is because he is a Target Man exactly like Pellé so he just replaces him which means players can do exactly the same thing as last season, but really if we wanna challenge for a CL spot he's not good enough for our first striker. Maybe in a few years.

And yeah PSV with Guardado.. they are champions imo, Ajax 2nd, and I'm hoping Feyenoord 3rd (if they get Dost), but that might vary, maybe Twente, Vitesse or even Groningen idk

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
Um the thing about Te Vrede is, well tbh right now he's ok, the reason why he is doing well w/ scoring goals is because he is a Target Man exactly like Pellé so he just replaces him which means players can do exactly the same thing as last season, but really if we wanna challenge for a CL spot he's not good enough for our first striker. Maybe in a few years.

And yeah PSV with Guardado.. they are champions imo, Ajax 2nd, and I'm hoping Feyenoord 3rd (if they get Dost), but that might vary, maybe Twente, Vitesse or even Groningen idk
Yeah PSV has just too much quality, Depay is probably the biggest talent of the Eredivisie (or maybe Zivkovic or El Ghazi) but Depay definitely seems better at the moment. And yeah Guardado...

I don't think Twente, Vitesse or Groningen will be contestants for the championship, I think either PSV or Ajax becomes champion (probably PSV), then Feyenoord 3rd and Groningen, Vitesse and Twente fighting for 4th place.

Or maybe Zwolle becomes champion, we won't know until the end of the year :P

Yeah PSV has just too much quality, Depay is probably the biggest talent of the Eredivisie (or maybe Zivkovic or El Ghazi) but Depay definitely seems better at the moment. And yeah Guardado...

I don't think Twente, Vitesse or Groningen will be contestants for the championship, I think either PSV or Ajax becomes champion (probably PSV), then Feyenoord 3rd and Groningen, Vitesse and Twente fighting for 4th place.

Or maybe Zwolle becomes champion, we won't know until the end of the year :P
Sorry I didn't mean contestants for the championship, I meant contestants for 3rd place. I do think we have the best odds for 3rd yeah. Btw, can I ask what team do you support?

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
15 year old Martin Ødegaard starting for Norway vs the arab emirates or wtf their name is.

Not sure if he's really talented, or if Norway sucks major dick. Probably the latter.

Still excited tho ^_^

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
According to the Daily Star, A.C. Milan have made a double offer for Torres and Van Ginkel with the offer for the latter having been accepted by Chelsea. However, they only want to take both of them on loan with an option to sign Van Ginkel if he impresses. I really hope that they can work something out that'll take Torres away for good although it seems unlikely to happen.

Really don't want Van ginkel to leave, so was really happy to learn that he decided to reject it.

I really have high expectations of this guy and a year working with Mourinho Can only improve him as a player.

Anyways really looking forward to the Bilbao Napoli match that should start in about 20 mins. The 1st leg was great and this one Can only get better in one of my favourite football stadium with with a unbelievable atmosphere.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Really looking forward to Leverkusen this season. Schmidt is a good one and they have a talented squad. Their start was also promising and I think they will be able to challenge at least Dortmund für #2

Xabi Alonso to give a press conference tomorrow to explain why he is leaving Real Madrid.

Then there is news that Reus Could become a madrid player.

Anyways on a more important topic.
BILBAO ARE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR THE 1ST TIME IN 16 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decent job Bilbao, looks like they are here to stay lol. I couldn't watch the Arsenal match today but it's good to hear Sanchez getting used to his forward role and Wilshere having a good game :D

That penalty shootout was bloody brilliant. Holly shit Moti the man of the moment.

Ludogorets are into the Cl for the first time in their history.

What a beast! All I know of Ludogorets was putting a bet on them to win last season and the pricks went and drew 0-0. I even watched 30 mins of the game before turning it off over how abysmal both teams were. Anyway good luck to them lol!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
went to the game today

can't believe how shit we are. looking forward to league 1 again next year.

Arsenal look messy up front with no real forward, Sanchez goal was awesome though. Cheered like mad. Was a great moment.

Chambo neeeeeeds more playing time. His passing choices might be a bit weak...but he's a great threat. Good win.

We hardly ever played down the line with Monreal and Ozil, it was definitely either all down the middle or on the right with Debuchy, Sanchez, and Ox. Which is fine. At times.

Honestly I want to see Sanchez up front and I think he's our best option by far. Ozil doesn't work with Giroud at all. He doesn't make runs into the box to support, he doesn't tackle or do much else really, he just lays off inch perfect passes to the striker but it just bounces straight off Giroud. Ozil is like an even more extreme version of Fabregas in that he has insane silky touch and vision but does absolutely nothing else for the team. To get the best out of him you need a striker who can use his passes and Alexis, with his tricks and turns, can. Alexis with Ozil behind him can work, Giroud wastes such a good playmaker and suits someone like Lampard (Ramsey) behind him mopping up his spills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)