The LC Open III -Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard XY LC.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • ALL REPLAYS SHOULD BE SAVED AND POSTED ALONGSIDE YOUR WON/LOST POST. DON'T BE DIPSHITS.
  • XY cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • Misdreavus is banned from the rounds now. Fletchling is not.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Pairings:
  1. Xyldaz vs Fiend Hound
    [champetero vs El-Soldier] vs Pwnemon
    [Caledrith vs Max Carvalho] vs [Livio vs xtrashine]
    level 56 vs fitzy72
    U-Turn Out vs queenlucy
    Zamrock vs [Kushalos vs D4RR3N]
    bad ass vs [-Clone- vs M Dragon]
    s_aman vs kratosmana
    Casedvictory vs Wepwn
    MetalGro$$ vs kokoloko
    Psychotic vs Gizmozian
    aroundtheswirlz vs Hack
    The Unlucky One vs NotAGymLdr
    scotti vs [slashari vs blizzardy]
    majaspic22 vs SilentVerse
    -Manu- vs Maomiraeniya
    obvious power vs Tesung
    [JabbaTheGriffin vs BLOOD TOTEM] vs Haruno
    Lowgock vs New Breed
    dead song vs Calloflochie
    Edgar vs sugarhigh
    glassglaceon vs pokebasket
    Pako vs Sweep
    zeriloa vs Rowan
    fatty vs Afro Smash
    [Kingmidas vs Fire Mage] vs [Nova vs Kebabe]
    Vinc2612 vs Korby
    mega-swampert vs [The Avalanches vs macle]
    Raducan vs melonz
    The DragonKnight vs CrystalNinetales
    FLCL vs Sapientia
    ZoroarkForever vs [chimpact vs finchinator]

Extentsion: 8/31/14 11:59 PM
Deadline: 9/5/14 11:56 PM

Last edited:

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
So many highlight matches this round

Also plz make the deadlines shorter each round, or this open will take like 3 months o_O

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Korby and I have been training together for two rounds, so he'll be easy to find... But I hate you Macle, I want you to know how much I hate you. Level You-Force-Me-To-Rebuild hate you :( </3

I'm calling dq, I've been on as much as possible for the consistent 3 hour timeframes in #neverused, and firemage has either been away 99% of the time or busy.
14:00Kingmidasyo firemage
14:00KingmidasI called dq on you in thread, but if you want we can try to get the matches done
14:00firemageNo it's ok
14:00firemageidm
14:00Kingmidasok
14:00Kingmidasgl in other opens
14:00firemageI've got far too erratic activity

Last edited:
I've asked for an extension for my opponent who couldn't play on the scheduled time (http://pastebin.com/8FNukfFb). I was available the whole day yesterday but I didn't hear back about him. I am now requesting the activity win if we can't play in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)