Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LF:
-Infernape or Infernape Pre-evo Naive nature with HP Ice Good IVs

FT:
-Scizor Admant nature with Knock Off 5IVs(missing SpA)
-Scizor Technician, Adamant nature, 5IVs.
-Tentacool Liquid Ooze, Bold nature, with Rapid Spin, 5IVs.
-Tentacool Liquid Ooze, Bold nature, with Rapid Spin and Knock Off, 4IVs
-Larvitar, Adamant nature, with Stealth Rock and Pursuit, 5IVs.
-Froakie Protean, Timid nature, with Hidden Power Fire, 31IVs in HP, Def, SpD and 30IVs in SpA, Spe.
-Gliscor Poison Heal, Jolly nature, 5IVs.
-Gligar Immunity, Adamant nature, 5IVs.
-Chansey Natural Cure, Bold nature, with Aromatherapy, 5IVs.
-Cleffa, Magic Guard, Bold nature, with Aromatherapy, Stored Power and Wish, 5IVs
-Charizard, Modest nature, 5IVs.
-Charizard, Timid nature, 6IVs.
-Scyther, Technician, Adamant nature, with Defog, 3IVs.
-Fletchling Gale Wings, Adamant nature, 5IVs.
-Garchomp Rough Skin, Naive nature, 5IVs.
-Sneasel, Pickpocket, Jolly nature, with Fake Out, Ice Punch, Icicle Crash and Ice Shard, 3IVs.
-Jolteon Volt Absorb, Timid nature, with Hidden Power Ice, 31IVs in HP, SpA, SpD, Spe and 30IVs in Def.
-Starmie Analytic, Timid nature, 5IVs.
-Staryu Natural Cure or Analytic, Timid nature, 4-5IVs.
-Sableye, Prankster, Careful nature, with Recover, 5IVs.
-Koffing Bold nature, with Pain Split, 4IVs

PM PLZ.

So, I stupidly evolved by Bold Clefairy before it learned Moonblast...
(And wasted a Moon Stone in doing so of course)

What's the best move set I can run with it now?

(It knows Soft-Boiled, Seismic Toss, Counter and Wish BTW)

And still bugging people for a Cherish Ball Flareon.

Also, I still don't know if Amanita's Eevee can be shiny or not...
Damn shiny locks..

Last edited:
I'm looking for someone who can quickly battle me so I can check some eggs. I have five in total. I'll forfeit. *completed*

Last edited:
First repost of the day. This ends today at 19 h.
Safari Ball Giveaway Pt. 1

Hello! This is my first giveaway here and I hope you enjoy it. It will be split into several parts and feature pink-colored Pokémon in Safari Balls. For its first iteration, I'm going to hand out 3 individuals of 3 different species (i.e., 9 lucky winners). Details can be seen below:

#173 Cleffa ♀
Calm | Magic Guard | 31/x/31/31/31/31
Aromatherapy, Heal Pulse, Misty Terrain, Wish
Count: 3

#174 Igglybuff ♀
Modest | Competitive | 31/x/31/31/31/31
Gravity, Heal Pulse, Perish Song, Wish

#209 Snubbull ♀
Impish | Intimidate | 31/31/31/x/31/31
Close Combat, Double-Edge, Focus Punch, Heal Bell

In case you're curious, I caught Igglybuff's and Cleffa's great grandmother in Soul Silver and transferred them to gen VI. Snubbull's grand mother was captured in an Emerald emulator and then transferred to a retail game with a flash cart. All these are Kalos bred and have my OT/ID No. They are not clones.

How To Participate:
  1. Go to my profile and find my post corresponding to the Pokémon you want to win.
  2. Post the name of your favorite book and its author.
  3. (Optional) Explain why it's such an awesome book.
  4. Do not reply to this post or PM me.
  5. You may post once in each Pokémon's comment, but you may only win one species.

I'll randomly select winners and distribute the Pokémon tomorrow at 18-19 h (GMT -5), so make sure to post before that time.

3 things:
1:
Best Ball?
2: Is HP Ice worth breeding onto it?
3: is there any way to get Fiery Dance without levelling it up to 100?
Edit: NVM 3, I can Heart Scale it ^^

Looking For:
Female Cherubi/Cherrim in a Dream Ball. Nature and IVs don't matter.
Offering:
Can breed some 5IV mons in matching balls (pm for details)
PP Ups and Maxes
Rare candies
Heart scales
Battle Maison items (I'll need time to re-earn some points)
1 Kee berry, 1 Liechi

So, I stupidly evolved by Bold Clefairy before it learned Moonblast...
(And wasted a Moon Stone in doing so of course)

What's the best move set I can run with it now?

(It knows Soft-Boiled, Seismic Toss, Counter and Wish BTW)

And still bugging people for a Cherish Ball Flareon.

Also, I still don't know if Amanita's Eevee can be shiny or not...
Damn shiny locks..
Hours pass, problems remain...

Well shit. I just checked my 6 or so Fire Safaris (and the 800 Bug Safaris) and found no Larvesta. Even dug up the Seribii list. And then I saw Larvesta in the Fire Safari. And then I found 9000 Vivillion. Speaking of, if anyone wants a Garden Viv, you know where to find one even if I'm going to SR the Pokeball one
Teal Deer:
A Female Timer Ball Larvesta would be swell ^^

Well shit. I just checked my 6 or so Fire Safaris (and the 800 Bug Safaris) and found no Larvesta. Even dug up the Seribii list. And then I saw Larvesta in the Fire Safari. And then I found 9000 Vivillion. Speaking of, if anyone wants a Garden Viv, you know where to find one even if I'm going to SR the Pokeball one
Teal Deer:
A Female Timer Ball Larvesta would be swell ^^
Want me to go catch you one, my friend? What ability would you like?

Last edited:
Hours pass, problems remain...
I've done the same thing about four times (had it forget a different move every time of course) and had to re-breed to solve the problem. If you aren't playing OU rules, I personally find sensible combinations of Calm Mind/Wish+Protect OR Softboiled OR Moonlight/Minimize/Flamethrower to be decent. These are the only moves I've ever used that aren't Moonblast. Status could be useful if you have Unaware - it has TW and Toxic but not WoW for some reason :/

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I have some questions about the time machine method:

1. The IVs that are chosen to be passed down are set AFTER you put the parents in the daycare, right? Meaning I save after I put them in?

2. I know you can tell what 5IVs the parents will pass down, but is the 6th randomly generated IV also set? For example, if I find that the 3IVs are passed down from the mother, 2IVs are passed from the father, and the random IV is 31, using the time machine method, will that random IV still be 31? (I'm guessing yes, but pays to be sure.)

3. Is shiny value also set in the same way as IVs? As in, if I find out the shiny value of the test parents' offspring is 0001, the SV will still be 0001 when I use the time machine method?

I hope that made sense :I Feel free to PM me answers, I might have more questions ;~;
1. The IVs are set when you receive the previous egg (and the seed used is stored to the save file, so will be retained on reset). You can save at any point, with or without parents in the daycare; so long as the Day Care Man does not have an egg available for collection. The nature, and whether the ability passes (be it Hidden Ability or not) is also set at this point.

2. The 6th, randomly generated stat is also set at this time; as are which parent provides each of the other 5IVs.
The notation style we've been using is (for example): M/F/F/13/M/F. Which would mean that HP and SpD are inherited from the Male; Att, Def and Spe are inherited from the Female; and the SpA is randomly generated, and will be 13. Ditto will always act as the opposing gender to the one put in the daycare.

There is a caveat to this in that for Pokémon with only one gender (be they genderless or mono-gendered [like Kangaskhan]); a second, different spread is (has already been) generated. This will also stay fixed for any particular seed, however if you're wishing to breed for such a Pokémon you should use a mono-gendered Pokémon as the test offspring. Under such circumstances the Ditto will act as the opposing gender if the other parent has a gender, and will act as the female if the other parent is genderless.

3. Shiny value is not set before under usual circumstances; each time you reset, the value will change (maintaining the 1 in 4096 chance of it being shiny for your own save).

Again, there is a caveat here in that if you have anything active which increases the chances of the egg being shiny for yourself (either Masuda Method criteria parents, or the Shiny Charm Key Item) then the shiny value is static.

Edit: When I say the value is static; it is static yet different based on which of the criteria are met.

For example; it will be one static value if you have masuda method parents.
But a static, different value if you have the shiny charm and non-masuda method parents.
And finally a static (3rd) value if you have both.

Obviously there is a chance these numbers coincide, but in such circumstances you can consider this a coincidence.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I thought the Shininess was determined from all the data generated for the new egg (which stays the same).
Nope, the only thing which changes (unless as I say you have Masuda Method criteria parents or the Shiny Charm) is the PID of the Pokémon (and also the encryption constant). Since it is this PID which (in part) determines shininess (and in full determines the Egg's Shiny Value) it changes each time.

Edit: When I say "the only thing which changes", I of course mean assuming that you keep the same two parents. Obviously species, ability, gender, moveset, hatch location, hatch date, egg received date and anything else I'm forgetting will change if you change parents.

Ah, okay. Is there any guide written on all this, I'd be quite interested to read.
If you are asking about just the shiny value. There isn't much of a guide about it.

Q: How does this work?
A: Every saved game has a 4-digit value assigned to them. This value is the TSV, or Trainer Shiny Value. Every egg/Pokémon also has a 4-digit value called the ESV or Egg Shiny Value. If an egg is hatched in a game where its ESV and the game's TSV are the same, then the Pokémon will be shiny.

Technical details:

( TID ^ SID >> 4 ) = Trainer Shiny Value (TSV)

( PIDlow ^ PIDhigh >> 4 ) = Egg Shiny Value (ESV)

If you want more info about how to use this to find others with the matching TSV so they can hatch your eggs shiny, I would suggest checking out http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/wiki/index as they are all about that :)
People here in Smogon is also doing that, but SVExchange is in my opinion the best place for it, had lots of eggs hatched fast and never had one stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)