XY OU Rate my first OU team (with Mega-Gardevoir)

Hello everyone, I am new to smogon and, a bit new to competitive pokemon. I have started playing a few months ago, although I barely ever played. I used to play with the teams that other people built, but this time I built one myself.

I started with Mega-gardevoir, which just got better because of the Aegislash and Mawilite ban. It is also my favorite pokemon as well.

Then to counter (Mega) Scizor and to check Talonflame, I chose Heatran.

Now I had the Garde-tran core, and I needed a lead which has stealth rock and could be used as a pivot during the game to keep momentum. It is Lando-T.

I needed something to beat chansey, but relying on switch prediction was too dangerous. So I added a Keldeo.

It seemed great, but I needed some kind of hazard control. But my team didn't have any kind of reliable recovery. So I added a healing wish latias.

I thought I was kind of Char-X weak, so I concluded with an Azumarill.

The team

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast

She is THE wallbreaker. Hyper Voice is the main STAB, hitting through subs is unique and magnificent. Psyshock is the second STAB to hit things. Focus Blast is for hitting things like Bisharp and Heatran on switch. I used Will-O-Wisp as the fourth move, to cover its poor physical bulk. WoW is mainly for Scizor although it shouldn't be facing it. I am considering to use taunt to beat walls.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Roar

A great partner to Mega-Gardevoir. It is the standard SpDef set with roar. It keeps Ferrothron and Scizor away. On other teams I used before(built by someone else) I saw a scarfed one with stealth rock and stone edge, going mixed. I think standard one does its job better.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

It's the 'offensive pivot' set. I usually lead with this. It has stealth rock and U-turn to keep momentum. Although I don't like using this mon, Lando-T fits here perfectly.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

This breaks chansey, literally. Locked onto one specific move is not that great, but they are very spammable, so yeah, I put HP Flying for coverage, although I think I should change with HP Electric or something to prevent Suicune from 6-0 me.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

An offensive defogger. It uses Healing wish instead of Roost, since my pokemons don't have reliable recover moves. It also keeps momentum. Its draco meteor isn't that laughable, either. I use thunderbolt for (mainly) azumarill, although I cannot OHKO the AV set.

Azumarill (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Looks so cute, but does its job very well. I personally think the AV set is the best set for Azumarill. I thought of using Superpower, but since it lowers my attack as well, I use knock-off instead. If I were to use the banded one, I probably used superpower. I have the 4 Spe speed EVs so I could hit first against the oppoment's Azumarill. It's always a good idea to have 4 Speed EVs.

Threats

I am weak to Rotom-W, since I don't have many reliable switch-ins that doesn't care about the burn. I am not so sure but I think I might be Suicune-weak. Also, my pokemons don't have reliable recover moves, and they hate status. If my Keldeo goes down, and I still didn't get the oppoment's chansey, I am probably doomed. My pokemons could get revenge-killed easily, since they are not that bulky in general.

Please help me improve!
Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Roar

Azumarill (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hi, my suggestions are:
- Replace Will-O-Wisp with Taunt
- Use it Modest with 252 EVs in SpA and 252 in Speed.

Without these changes you can't wallbreak anything since it's 3HKO on Chansey and it can easily recover on your moves stalling you with Toxic.

If your problems are Scizor and Ferrothorn, why not replacing Heatran with Magnezone?
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Hi, my suggestions are:
- Replace Will-O-Wisp with Taunt
- Use it Modest with 252 EVs in SpA and 252 in Speed.

Without these changes you can't wallbreak anything since it's 3HKO on Chansey and it can easily recover on your moves stalling you with Toxic.

If your problems are Scizor and Ferrothorn, why not replacing Heatran with Magnezone?
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
Thank you for the recommendation! Since I had problems with chansey, the Mega-Garde set with Taunt would work great! Magnezone looks pretty good too, since it counters Scizor and Ferrothorn, as well as fairies. But if I make these changes, I don't have any mons with status anymore, though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)