CoverageMons

How broken would be Genesect in this meta if it wasn't Uber and thus banned?

• More broken than Mega Kanga on Standard

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • More broken than OHKO moves

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • It would be balanced

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters
Approved by The Eevee General & Hollywood

Introduction

When looking at the best pokémons in OU you will notice that most of them succed by having some really good STABs, for example the S-ranks MegaZardX, Azumarill and Keldeo would still be some of the best mons around even if they could only use STABs, but what about a metagame where having a good offensive typing became a liability rather than an advantage?

So this is the idea of Coveragemons STAB (same type atack bonus) will be replaced by DTAB (different type atack bonus) meaning that for example Talonflame gains a 1.5X damage boost on U-turn but loses his 1.5X from STAB Brave Bird so now brave bird is a 120 damage move and U-turn becomes 105.

Of course mons with huge movepools and bad offensive types will probably become great on this meta as they now have a 1.5X damage modifier on all their move except the ones from their own type, I can easily see mons like Alakazam, Metagross and most pseudo legendaries (even with the loss of dragon stab for most of them) having huge boosts while the previously mentioned Talonflame, Greninja and others will probably be pretty bad on this meta.

Rules
- All clauses from standard applies.
- All pokémons who are banned on standard will be banned here too.

Interations with some abilities
I think the easy way to not get lost when playing this OM is to think that STAB (same type atack bonus) never existed and instead we have DTAB (different type atack bonus), so for some examples:
-Adaptability will give a 2x modifier to all the moves the mon uses that are from a different type than his own.
-Protean sucks in this meta as the mon will never be able to use the 1.5X atack modifier.

So any feedback is appreciated, and if someone know how and wants to code this meta for us to play, please PM me.

No stall = no metagame = no fun :(

On a serious note, Genesect is honestly FAR TOO GOOD in this metagame if were to be unbanned, as it has access to excellent coverage moves. Landorus is also pretty suspect-worthy at the moment.

No stall = no metagame = no fun :(

On a serious note, Genesect is honestly FAR TOO GOOD in this metagame if were to be unbanned, as it has access to excellent coverage moves. Landorus is also pretty suspect-worthy at the moment.
Actually it was more of a joke poll, of course I wouldn't be crazy to unban Genesect as I think it would be one of the best mons (if not the best) if there was a Uber version of this, with Download and DTAB on Fire, Grass, Ice and Electric atacks.

As for Landorus I'd like to se it in action but I can easily see he being broken too.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
cm lando
bandnite
kyurem-black
dd mega ttar
specs noivern with boomburst, focus blast, and fire blast.
torrent greninja, water/dark isint bad and it has a nice movepool.
thundurus, defiant and prank.
magnezone
mega heracross has rock blast and bullet seed. still gg to stall.
mega medicham says hi with boosted fake out and bullet punch.
normal types are a lot better btw.

so...how does -ate work?

xJownage

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

GG meta
so i herd u liek boltbeam??

bring your thick fat mamoswines nerds. also magnezone i guess.

I think Mega Aerodactyl might be good for this meta, since the only STABs it ever uses are stone edge/rock slide, and it gets many good coverage moves like iron head, aqua tail, elemental fangs, earthquake and more.

so...how does -ate work?
It is a little like protean it basically sucks as your normal moves will turn into STABs (unless there was a mon who had for example refrigerate and was flying-fire) and in this meta only DTABs gain the 1.5X modifier so it is a somewhat bad ability to have (not as bad as protean though).

Also how do you guys think Tyrantrum will fare in this meta? He has a very powerful crunch, pretty strong elemental fangs and acces to two good boosting moves in the form of Rock Polish and Dragon Dance, he also resists ExtremeSpeed which will be really important in this meta, I guess he looks good but only good may not cut it into a meta full of borderline broken things.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Kyruem-B kinda scares me, It's 170 Base Attack combined with its good offensive coverage can be quite deadly, it has stuff like Fusion Bolt, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge, and more, these can really all be quite devestating

Also, since Bird Spam obviously wont be as good anymore I can see pokemon like Hawlucha being rather good

Kyruem-B kinda scares me, It's 170 Base Attack combined with its good offensive coverage can be quite deadly, it has stuff like Fusion Bolt, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge, and more, these can really all be quite devestating

Also, since Bird Spam obviously wont be as good anymore I can see pokemon like Hawlucha being rather good
I don't know about Hawlucha. It spends most of its time spamming STAB attacks. It does have a good number of non-stab moves... I guess we'll wait and see how it turns out.

xJownage

But in this meta it doesn't have STAB, remember? It has DTAB.
because boomburst is normal type on regular metas...it gets stab. Thats why i said focus blast / fire blast / boomburst, because it has perfect coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)