XY NU A Wild NU Noob appeared..... RMT?

Welcome to my RMT for the XY NU Tier.

I usually battle in the OU tier but after getting a bit bored of seeing the same threats and pokemon over and over again (Yeh I know its the OVER USED tier :P) .. I wanted to try something different.
I also wanted to battle in this tier because 2 pokemon caught my attention to try and use in battles.
Gourgiest and Audino.
Gourgiest has caught my attention since the beginning of XY but I just havent given it the time until now.
Audino, tbh one because of its new announced Mega I wanted to see if it can be any use in battle.

1 thing to note with this team is that I can not use B2/W2 Move Tutors .. because I dont have access to those games. So everything has to be either breedable/TM/Level Up moves.

So ahead with the team I go...

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb

Trick or Treat!! ... Well here is 1 half of the duo that I wanted to use in this team. I have managed to make a few teams rage because they havent been ready for the stall this can give. With wish support from Audino it can stay around for quite a while as well.
This is one of the defensive walls of the team and Will-O-Wisp cements that defence. Protect is for the stall and Seed Bomb is for Water and Rock Types that might be trying to cause problems for my team.

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Double-Edge

Here is the second half of the Duo I wanted to use and tbh I am surprised at how well it does xD. The wish support for the team is fantastic as well as being a cleric and getting rid of any status problems inflincting my team.
Regenerator has always been one of the best abilities in the game and its obvious to see why when its not uncommon for me to be able to keep this around for most of the battle.
I have Double-Edge because as I said above I cant get Knock Off which I would of preferred. But with Double Edge I have been able to even get some KOs with Audino.

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

When I first saw Gigalith I always saw it as the Golem for its generation. But after seeing its stats and the fact that it can learn Stealth Rock l decided to use it. Its given me reasonable success. I would of liked to have SuperPower instead of Earthquake but yet again, no can do because of B2/W2 move tutors ><.
With the EV spread it can tank hits very nicely and with base 130 Attack it doesnt need investment to be able to hit hard back :D
So this is my Second defensive wall for this team.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Now onto my seconds SpDefensive wall for this team, also the Hax spreader of the team. Scald = Burn, TWave = Paralysis and Toxic = Poison. With Wish Support from Audino Lanturn can sit around for a while and be a nice sponge. Volt Switch is for nice damage and to gain momentum in battles.
I debated over trying to get a Water Absorb Lanturn for the attacks that may come towards Gigalith but Volt Absorb has still been useful.

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

My special sweeper of the team. Psychic is for the bulky Poison types that I keep seeing in the tier. Flamethrower is a great STAB move. Thunderbolt of for slower water types that think they may have the advantage and Focus Blast is for Normal and Dark Types that might stay in.
I personally dont like the lock in feature of Choice items .. but the speed boost is too useful on Magmortar not to use it.

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break

Well this is my current Physical Sweeper ... but also seems to be the weak link in my team. So this is where I think I need most work .. but I cant seem to find a decent replacement atm.
I have pursuit to hit ghost types. X-Scissor and Aerial Ace are STABs and Brick Break is to hit Normal Types.
Choice Banded Technician is nice but I just cant seem to figure out a different decent physical sweeper that would fit in this team.

Thank you for any help given .. as I said I maybe used to battling alot (even played in a RL tournament once and got to the Semi-Final) but I am new to the NU tier.

I'm a noob too, so I'll give my best advice but it may not be very good... I also use a scyther... mine carries a bit different of a move set though... Aerial Ace is the same... but mine carries Vaccum Wave (40pwr, technician boosted, priority), double hit... since its 35pwr and hits twice I figured I'd try it.... and u-turn. I'd image pursuit is probably better for coverage, but vaccum wave prevents a scarfer from coming in and taking you out when you have momentum going (in theory anyway)... if you are looking for another physical sweeper.... SD Sceptile might work... he has a decent physical move pool... or possible Feraligatr? Sceptile does have access to Unburden as well... so a Weakness Policy variation might work? Just some ideas...

Alright hi there. This team is so hazards weak it is not even funny. Stealth Rocks cripple two of the team's most important members by 25% and 50% respectively on the switch in, and with Spikes up, just about any sweeper can cleanly 6-0 you. The same thing goes with the lack of a rock type resist, making it difficult for you to switch into the likes of Swords Dance Rhydon, which with a SD under its belt can easily 2HKO Gourgeist, and after that it is pretty much a 6-0. The team also lacks a god revenge killer, as Magmortar even with a Choice Scarf easily gets outsped by common setup sweepers such as Slurpuff whom you are incredibly weak to, which pretty much clean you off the bat.

The first thing I will suggest is to run Tank Sandslash over Gigalith. Sandslash offers your team far more utility than Gigalith with the major contribution of Rapid Spin, which basically mitigates the major weakness of Scyther and makes it become far more reliable to the team. Sandslash also has Knock Off to set it apart from other rapid spinners, letting it cripple switch ins and most importantly remove ghost types. This said, it still can set up stealth rocks for your team, hits just as hard, and has far less weaknesses than Gigalith. It also offers a Rock resist and is a great switchin to the likes of Rhydon, making it a pretty strong glue to hold your team together.

I feel that All-Out Attacker Kangaskhan would be a good contribution over Audino. Audino actually doesn't help your team much as you will rarely get a chance to wish pass, and it lets stuff like Mismagius set up, and with your team already being so weak to setup sweepers its not like you want to give them free opportunities to do so. Kangaskhan can keep offensive pressure going, but more importantly revenge kill a lot of major threats to your team such as SD Feraligatr and BD Slurpuff 100% of the time, something that Magmortar simply cannot do, and you cannot afford to have something as weak as Audino give them opportunities to get up boosts.

Minor Changes:
Gourgeist: Gourgeist Small > Gourgeist Large, as its major speed increase to 99 lets it burn or leech seed most of NUs top pokemon before they get a chance to land a blow, making it a far more reliable at its job and letting it beat out a lot of faster offensive threats that Gourgeist Large cannot. Max HP Max Speed is the optimal spread for such a set.
Lanturn: Heal Bell > Thunder Wave, as having two status moves really doesn't help you, and my removal of Audino means you lost your cleric. By having heal bell on Lanturn, you not only do not waste a slot like you do with TWave, but you replace your cleric with a more reliable one.
Scyther: Bulky Swords Dance > Choice Band since it gives your team a great win condition that you already support quite well, but more importantly it fits far better on your team. Bulky SD Scyther can act as a great bulky pivot and can switch into a lot of moves, and yet still deals tons of damage with a +2, stays in for far longer with roost to do its job more consistently and check grass and bug types throughout the match, while giving you a way to clean the game. Swords Dance | Knock Off | Aerial Ace | Roost, 248 HP, 8 Atk, 252 Spd, Eviolite

Hope this helps!

Sandslash @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake / Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)