League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As far as being a "shotcaller" I really don't see why it matters which lane/role you're playing. Jungle and support are the best positions to be one early on because they're just a bit more likely to have their eyes all over the battlefield (jungler roams, support doesn't have to concentrate on minion health). As laning phase breaks down you're mostly grouped anyway, bar the occasional splitpush, so who the fuck cares who's calling it. The player most suited to leading -- vocal, personable, knowledgable -- should be that person.

VICTORIOUS MORGANA BITCHES
literally the only person I've seen mention victorious morg in a positive light

just hoping it doesn't look exactly like Ghost Bride (and maybe that they fix the hitbox on her snare to match the visual, if everyone in gold is going to use it)

RODAN

Banned deucer.
i just went back and watched iem hanover finals with the blue buff 1v2 urgot and roaming alistar. why arent teams this creative anymore ;[

Why the fuck wasn't people who were dominant throughout the entire season 4 like shyvana, Renekton, Jax, or Lucian not the victorious skin? :|

Morgana is lame as fuck.

I think Vladimir secretly recieved a huge power boost in top lane. It is harder to push or poke him out of lane vs poke laners, and top laners are squishier now. I think him and Swain have superior sustain and do a lot better early damage than Ryze. Less Ignite in top lane benefits Vladimir. So besides Ryze's snare, I think a highly skilled Swain or Vladimir top is extremely good. I think they can carry much harder during the mid game. Ghost + Teleport or Flash adds to the appeal of Vladimir due to how good those summoner spells are. Irelia would dominate Vladimir, but I believe Swain vs Irelia is a skill matchup.

Correct me if im wrong but I was discussing this with my friend yesterday.

I think Vladimir secretly recieved a huge power boost in top lane. It is harder to push or poke him out of lane vs poke laners, and top laners are squishier now. I think him and Swain have superior sustain and do a lot better early damage than Ryze. Less Ignite in top lane benefits Vladimir. So besides Ryze's snare, I think a highly skilled Swain or Vladimir top is extremely good. I think they can carry much harder during the mid game. Ghost + Teleport or Flash adds to the appeal of Vladimir due to how good those summoner spells are. Irelia would dominate Vladimir, but I believe Swain vs Irelia is a skill matchup.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was discussing this with my friend yesterday.
This. I haven't played League in a week (school stuff I'll be free today) but I've been playing Vlad since October and I definitely feel like he's improved. (Irelia and Swain are really the only extremely hard matchups I find) He pokes many top laners hard and scale like a god to late game. Once you get Rylai's you should be able to 1v1 melee's to hell and back, allowing you to also be an effective split pusher. (I go WoTA->Ionian Boots-> Rylai's as core items on Vlad) ik I'm Bronze (albeit if I play I usually play ranked teams), but I really find him to be freelo if you're good at playing him. Underrated as hell imo.

I run Ghost+Teleport almost all the time. It just helps your kiting/splitpushing more than anything else. Also a tip, don't think your pool is an excuse to never ward. If you overextend and get ganked most of the time you're still screwed unless you have ghost up then you can possibly escape.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well ya when you have a team comp built around it not getting wrecked it's fine I meant in solo q lol

Like not for anything but what's good in 5s professional matches has very little to do with what's good in ranked or normal play

And odds are if they were winning Ryze mid would've done just as well or better

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"I think Vladimir secretly recieved a huge power boost in top lane. It is harder to push or poke him out of lane vs poke laners, and top laners are squishier now. I think him and Swain have superior sustain and do a lot better early damage than Ryze"
Bolding this because it's wrong. Ryze does double the dps of vlad early on and certainly has more burst potential given that all of his damage moves are in his basic abilities. He does a bit less damage than Swain once swain gets all 3 of his abilities though, but the immense strength of a Lv.1 Ryze cannot be understated. He has a 100 damage targetted ranged spell on a ~3s cd that doesn't cost too much mana, and once he get all 3 of his spells he can really chunk people in a QEWQ combo (watch your mana bar!)

On a different topic people on reddit are complaining about Trist and I think it's stupid. Trist is a champion with a well defined early and midgame weakness and people are too focused on her endgame strength (which easily outclasses other adcs - at least they got something right), and forgetting that she needs to go through 2 phases for that. That or ppl claim something ridiculous like her having a strong early game (which she doesn't, although she still has somewhat of a U curve).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Like Jibaku said, early game Ryze should easily out DPS Vladimir. Vladimir suffers from very long cooldowns in the early game - something that Ryze does not suffer much thanks to his passive. Where Vladimir excels at is sustain and holding onto about Level 6 to burst someone down on top. Obviously earlier kills aren't uncommon, but it is a little trickier without your ultimate or a lot of harass.

I love playing Vladimir top, though. I have kind of kept it in the fray though because AP tops (Lulu, Maokai) are really common. :| And I've been practicing other laners like Riven at the moment.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tristana is broken af her early game is one of the strongest of any ADC, at levels 2 and 6 she can outduel literally any other ADC and her targeted lane harass is really, really strong.

Her midgame is weak while her range scales up sure but it really isn't that bad and her lategame is so disgusting it easily makes up for it; 'lategame' being IE+PD+LW which any competent ADC will have by 30 minutes purely from CSing (ie go even and drag game to 30 minutes=free win, and that's disregarding her ridiculous all-in potential in lane).

Having three self peels with Flash up while outdpsing any other ADC is really broken.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
And I completely disagree with that. At level 2 she deals a max of 150 spell damage and the rest comes from her peashooter autos. There are definitely some adcs that can match the strength of a level 2 trist burst (Corki and Lucian come to mind; there are more). In the meantime, rocket jump's damage puts her in melee range (hi minions/support counterengage). Her targetted harass is actually really weak since the recent nerf - some other champs hit harder with more range for like half the cooldown (may not be targetted). In the meantime, her early game is also inhibited by her poor wave control due to E splashes, and also the inability to exert any influence outside of her autoattack range (something vayne also suffers but at least she has a low cd gapcloser to make up for it). She hits a strong spike at Lv.6 but doesnt really get much stronger than that, considering that buster shot doesnt really gain much damage from extra ranks and doesn't scale with AD either.

Trist's lategame is unmatched for obvious reasons but she has to go through -a lot- to get there.

Why didn't anyone tell me Gnar was fun?

Just bought him today, having a blast. His rage managing before/during teamfights will probably be a problem once I play him in ranked, but so far I haven't had any issues because his mini form still does decent damage if you have someone else who initiate, and after your rage bar fills up you can do a "second initiate" with your hop -> ult combo. He's not the strongest, but I can't imagine why he has a win rate as low as Urgot's.

Been building Brutalizer -> Lucidity boots -> tank for most fun. Shits on lane, means you can build your rage faster in teamfights if necessary, and means your boomerang/boulder has like a 2 second cd if you pick it up. If I had the IP I'd probably go CDR blues and come close to that 40% cap. Anyone with build tips, though? Triforce/BorK seem like a huge waste, even though everyone and their mother builds them, and I feel like he only needs 1-2 attacking items to be successful (like Shyvana, maybe?) but I'm sure there's a reason people build them other than that they're recommended.

js that like half of tristana's level 1-2 game plan is using explosive shot to push the wave and hit 2 invariably sooner than your opponent, and grievous wounds + the RJ reset are entities that exist on this plane we share

carry on with this debate for my amusement

I think Tristana is strongest at very high elo or very low elo. In mid elo like high silver or gold I think early and mid game ADC have a higher power level than low or high elo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)