Data ASB Raid Zone - General Thread (NEW REF PAYMENT)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Payment Update:
AKA Mod powers for something that seems off

Raids now give 3 UC per round on Normal Mode, and 6 UC per round on Hard Mode. This applies to all ongoing and new raids.

That is all.

1 down, two more to go!

VC: 16->26
Badges of Valor: 1->4

Glyph of Flare Blitz: Prevents the recoil damage from Flare Blitz.
Glyph of Extremespeed (Red): If the receiver is a Fire-type, it learns Extremespeed as a Fire-type move. If the receiver is not a Fire-type but knows Extremespeed, the power of Extremespeed raises by 2 and it becomes a Fire-type move. If the receiver is a Fire-type and knows Extremespeed, the power of Extremespeed raises by 4, it becomes a Fire-type move, and it has a 30% chance to raise all of the user's stats one stage. Extremespeed's threat generated raises by 200%.
Glyph of Flamethrower: Reduces the threat generated by Flamethrower by 50%.
Glyph of Heat Wave: Makes Heat Wave deal full damage instead of 75% when hitting multiple targets, while also raising its accuracy by a flat 10% and its secondary effect chance to 30%.

1x Vial of the Living Blaze: Raises the power of Fire-type attacks by (5), and the burn chance of Fire-type moves by a flat +10% (after other modifiers). Returns an additional (2) HP on chills.
1x Ancient Ruby: Raises the power of Fire-type moves by 4. Can be combined with the Ancient Sapphire and the Ancient Topaz to obtain a powerful artifact.
1x Pristine Ruby: Raises the base power of Fire-type moves by (6). Can be combined with the Pristine Sapphire and the Pristine Topaz to obtain a powerful artifact.

Last edited:
Rocks
Valor Counters: 7 > 17
Badge of Valor: 0 > 3
x1 Glyph of Flare Blitz: Prevents the recoil damage from Flare Blitz.
x1 Glyph of Extremespeed (Red): If the receiver is a Fire-type, it learns Extremespeed as a Fire-type move. If the receiver is not a Fire-type but knows Extremespeed, the power of Extremespeed raises by 2 and it becomes a Fire-type move. If the receiver is a Fire-type and knows Extremespeed, the power of Extremespeed raises by 4, it becomes a Fire-type move, and it has a 30% chance to raise all of the user's stats one stage. Extremespeed's threat generated raises by 200%.
x1 Glyph of Flamethrower: Reduces the threat generated by Flamethrower by 50%.
x1 Glyph of Heat Wave: Makes Heat Wave deal full damage instead of 75% when hitting multiple targets, while also raising its accuracy by a flat 10% and its secondary effect chance to 30%.

x1 Vial of the Living Blaze: Raises the power of Fire-type attacks by (5), and the burn chance of Fire-type moves by a flat +10% (after other modifiers). Returns an additional (2) HP on chills.
x1 Ancient Ruby: Raises the power of Fire-type moves by 4. Can be combined with the Ancient Sapphire and the Ancient Topaz to obtain a powerful artifact.
x1 Pristine Ruby: Raises the base power of Fire-type moves by (6). Can be combined with the Pristine Sapphire and the Pristine Topaz to obtain a powerful artifact.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3510661/

Each trainer: 13 Valor Counters
Glyph of Flash Cannon: Removes Flash Cannon's secondary effect chance and causes it to have a 30% chance to raise user's Special Attack by 1 stage (Doesn't work on Pokémon with the ability Sheer Force)
Glyph of Explosion: Causes Explosion to affect only one opponent instead of all allies and enemies, raises its base power by 40 and causes it to ignore resistances.
Glyph of Thunderbolt: Reduces the threat generated by Thunderbolt by 50%.
Glyph of Light Screen: Causes Light Screen to affect the entire team, regardless of positioning.
Glyph of Thunder Fang: Raises the power of Thunder Fang by 3.
Glyph of Extremespeed (Yellow): If the receiver is an Electric-type, it learns Extremespeed as an Electric-type move. If the receiver is not an Electric-type but knows Extremespeed, the base power of Extremespeed raises by (2) and it becomes an Electric-type move. If the receiver is an Electric-type and knows Extremespeed, the base power of Extremespeed raises by (4), it becomes an Electric-type move, and it has a 30% chance to raise all of the user's stats one stage. Extremespeed's threat generated raises by 200%
Lightning Stone: Raises the power of Electric-type attacks by (4), and reduces the energy cost of Reflect and Light Screen by (1) while extending the duration of these moves by (3) additional actions.
Wand of Ten Storms: Raises the power of Electric-type attacks by (5) and the paralysis chance of all Electric-type attacks by a flat +10%. Each time the holder strikes the foe with a special Electric-type attack, it will affect the foe with Mark of Thunder, increasing the base power of the next physical Electric-type attack against the foe by (2). Only one Mark of Thunder can be active on a foe at any given time.
Ancient Topaz: Raises the power of Electric-type attacks by 4 and reduce their energy cost by 1. It can be combined with Ancient Ruby and Ancient Sapphire to obtain a powerful artifact.
Pristine Topaz: Raises the power of Electric-type attacks by (6) and reduce their energy cost by (1). If the holder is an Electric-type, it regenerates an additional (1) energy on Chills. It can be combined with Pristine Ruby and Pristine Sapphire to obtain a powerful artifact.
Badge of Valor X3

Quest: Cleansing the Elements (Its_A_Random)

Defeat the Ruby Guardian: 0/1
Defeat the Sapphire Guardian: 0/1
Defeat the Topaz Guardian: 1/1
TOTAL
13× Valour Counter (40 Total)
1× Glyph of Flash Cannon (5 Total @_@)
1× Glyph of Explosion (2 Total @_@)
1× Glyph of Thunderbolt (5 Total @_@)
1× Glyph of Light Screen (2 Total @_@)
1× Glyph of Thunder Fang (2 Total @_@)
1× Glyph of Extreme Speed (Yellow)
Lightning Stone
Wand of Ten Storms
Ancient Topaz (2 Total)
Pristine Topaz
Badge of Valour (12 Total)

That is all.

Claiming the same as IAR, as well as the 300 Reputation with the Bright Hope Expedition (can't remember if rep needs to be claimed or not so I figure I should be safe lol).

ITs_A_Random and Flamestrike are approved (rep is autoupdated, you don't need to claim it)

Also, spending 2 VC to teach Umberlee the Jellicent and Tyr the Gallade the move Shadow Mend.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Oh dear...

Claiming:

7 Valour Counters (I move to 60 VC)
3 BoV (I move to 13 of them)
Tome of Comet (x2). 6 of these now.
Glyph of Zen Headbutt: Raises the power of Zen Headbutt by 1, its accuracy by a flat +10%, and gives it a 30% chance to refund 50% of its energy cost.
Glyph of Superpower: Superpower no longer lowers the user's Attack and Defense upon use, raises its power by 1 and reduces its energy cost by 1.
Regi Bastion: Raises the power of Normal-type attacks by (9), the holder's Defense and Sp. Defense ranks by 2, and reduces the power of supereffective attacks used against the holder by 2. If the holder is a Normal-type, raises the power of all attacks by an additional (6).

---

Claiming the reward for The Reforging of Gygax

Gygax, the Runeblade: Raises the Attack rank of the holder by 10 and its critical hit stage by 1. Moreover, every contact attack affects the target with Curse of Gygax for (6) actions, which raises the base power of any Ice-, Normal-, Rock- and Steel-type move used against the target by 3.

I believe with this I lose my access to the Paragon of Gygax. Amazingly enough, I prefer this one.

Expansion no. 2: The Hour of Twilight - trailer

The shadows of New Moon Island would have turned many sailors away. They would have discouraged even the bravest of trainers. But they were not a concern for a true king.
Ghetsis walked calmly through the gloomy forest. Even if Ghost-type and Dark-type Pokemon were swarming all around him, the magic of his staff was keeping them back from even coming close to the Harmonia heir. The island was not particularly large, and it took Ghetsis less than a hour to make his way towards the glade in the center. The human reached its center and stood still, unconcerned about the hordes of Pokemon eager to consume his soul that were crowding the outskirts.
His wait did not last long. (Soundtrack1) Suddenly, a cold aura shrouded the entire glade, while an unnatural darkness covered the entire island. Even Ghetsis felt a chill flowing through his spine, but he shrugged off the feeling - fully aware that the slightest display of weakness could have costed him his very soul. Then, a dreadful fiend materialized from the darkness

"Who dares summon me? What spurred you to gaze into the Nightmare, mortal?"
"The master spoke to me", said Ghetsis, without turning his eyes from the beast before him. "The dragon gods awoke from their slumber. The time has come, Nightlord, to call forth the Hour of Twilight".
A long silence followed the human's words, then the shadowy creature replied. "What about her?"
Ghetsis laughed. "Do not concern yourself about her. She will not interfere. The realm of dreams is yours alone now... and soon the rest will follow".
The fiend gazed upon the little mortal for some more, without uttering a word.
"What shall I tell to the master?", asked Ghetsis.
A gelid laugh followed. "Tell him that the Hour of Twilight is nigh".

Soundtrack2

Swarming shadows started to flow in all directions from New Moon Island, as Darkrai flew up in the sky.
"Night. Day. For an eternity, mortals have lived in the certainty of the cycling light and shadow. This cycle ends now".
"The children's screams in the night will go unheard along with the ones of their parents. Meadows and forests will wither and rot, hope and dreams will wane with the sun's dying light. And when time will come, you will lose your pathetic existances in the nightmare of your eternal slumber. Make peace with your gods, mortals... FOR THE HOUR OF TWILIGHT FALLS!"

Coming out on September 21st

NOTE: Since this expansion will come with a large variety of mechanical changes (and it will require a lot of developing and playtesting time on my part), I will suspend raid sign ups until the next expansion comes up on 9/21. This obviously does not affect ongoing raids.

Last edited:
Chapter 10 Part 2: Through the Eyes of Madness Complete!

Well...nuts we're totally gonna die now aren't we?

Badge of Valor: 11+3=14
Valor Counters: 34+7=41
Tomes:
Comet: 2+2=4

Glyph of Zen Headbutt: Raises the power of Zen Headbutt by 1, its accuracy by a flat +10%, and gives it a 30% chance to refund 50% of its energy cost.
Glyph of Superpower: Superpower no longer lowers the user's Attack and Defense upon use, raises its power by 1 and reduces its energy cost by 1.

Regi Bastion: Raises the power of Normal-type attacks by (9), the holder's Defense and Sp. Defense ranks by 2, and reduces the power of supereffective attacks used against the holder by 2. If the holder is a Normal-type, raises the power of all attacks by an additional (6).

Now claiming the rewards from completing the quest The Reforging of Gygax

Gygax, the Runeblade: Raises the Attack rank of the holder by 10 and its critical hit stage by 1. Moreover, every contact attack affects the target with Curse of Gygax for (6) actions, which raises the base power of any Ice-, Normal-, Rock- and Steel-type move used against the target by 3.

Pre-expansion patch

Encounter changes
  • Eye of the Storm (Hard): Lugia and Ho-Oh will have their HP reduced to 1000 each
  • Windburn Gulch (Normal): Heatran's HP will be reduced to 900. Groudon's HP will be reduced to 1050. Magmortar's HP will be reduced to 80.
  • Tidefury Strand (Normal): Manaphy's HP will be reduced to 900. Phione's HP will be reduced to 80. Kyogre's HP will be reduced to 1050.
  • Raging Shore (Normal): Syclant's HP will be reduced to 1350. Gyarados's HP will be reduced to 120.
  • Raging Shore (Hard): Syclant's HP will be reduced to 3300. Gyarados's HP will be reduced to 240.
  • Legendary Dogs (Normal): The HP of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be reduced to 900. Toxic Horror's HP will be reduced to 100.
  • Shrine of the Old Gods (Normal): Revenankh's HP will be reduced to 650.
Mechanic changes
  • Damaging moves and healing moves will now both generate threat equal to the damage or healing done. Every other move and effect will no longer generate threat.
  • Whenever a boss's attack is redirected by Storm Drain or Lightningrod or similar effects, the boss will be able to ignore these redirecting effects for the next 3 actions.
  • Minimize's base energy cost has been reduced to 9.
  • Camouflage's base energy cost has been reduced to 12.
  • Taunt's base energy cost has been reduced to 7.
  • Rage Powder's and Follow Me's energy cost has been reduced to 10.
  • Disarming Voice's base energy cost has been reduced to 7.
  • Sableye will now be able to learn Dispel.
  • Artifacts (excluding Berries) can no longer be disabled by Knock Off or similar moves, and cannot be ignored by Frisk.
Glyph changes (the following descriptions will replace the current ones):
  • Glyph of Explosion: Causes Explosion to no longer deal damage. Instead, it will restore 15 energy to all friendly targets.
Artifact changes
  • Winter's Gift Hat will now boost Attack and Sp. Attack ranks by 9, up from 7.
  • Signet of Bright Hope will now boost Sp. Attack rank by 9, up from 7. It will also reduce the energy cost of Safeguard by 3.
  • Eggant Berry will now restore 15 HP in addition to its original effect. Also, the BP of Natural Gift has been raised to 10, up from 8.
Loot changes
  • Bosses will no longer reward Valor Counters. Every person who owns Valor Counters must convert them to Currency Counters at the ratio of 1:1. Reputation items and glyphs, as well as move tutors, will have their prices converted into Currency Counters.
  • Stormrage Mountain bosses will now drop Badges of Valor. Aerodactyl, Volcarona, Frost Slayers and Magnezone will drop 1 Badge on Normal and 2 Badges on Hard. Tyranitar, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, and Lugia/Ho-Oh will drop 2 Badges on Normal and 3 Badges on Hard.
These changes will not apply to ongoing raids, except for the one about Valor Counters which is effective immediately. I will update the General Thread and the subzone threads with the new changes. I will also take this opportunity to revamp the General Thread, so cut me some slack.

Last edited:
...I should have done this before the shift... well, might as well use the raid rewards for something raid-related...

The 6 Valor Counters I have are converted into 6 Currency Counters. I will use those counters to teach Spiritomb, Audino, and Braixen the Raid Move Dispel.

And this is what happens when you overgear a raid.

Glyph of Earth Power: Reduces the energy cost of Earth Power by 1
Glyph of Recover: Allows Recover to be used on friendly targets, at the cost of 14 energy instead of [Max HP/10] + 2
Glyph of Brave Bird: Prevents the recoil damage of Brave Bird and raises its power by 1.
Glyph of Dragon Rush: Raises the accuracy of Dragon Rush by a flat 25% and its power by 1.

Blessed Beacon of the Argent Night: Raises the power of Psychic-type attacks by (7), and reduces the energy cost of Heal Pulse by (2). If it is a Psychic-type, the holder grants Aura of the Argent Night to its raid mates, causing all Heal Pulses to restore an additional amount of HP equal to the holder's Special Defense, rounded down. "Shrine brightest, in the depths of darkness"

Badge of Valor: 14+3=17

EDIT: I'll use some of those badges now

Buying:
Landborn Gauntlets: Raises the power of Ground-type moves by (7), and reduces the energy cost of Dig by (2).
Pearl of Life: Raises the power of Grass-type moves by (5), and the HP obtained from HP draining moves by 100%. Reduces the energy cost of Heal Pulse by (2).

Then I'll stockpile 7 Badges of Valor for a rainy day.

EDIT 2: We also claim the achievement for No CC! Yay.

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
And this is what happens when you overgear a raid.

Glyph of Earth Power: Reduces the energy cost of Earth Power by 1
Glyph of Recover: Allows Recover to be used on friendly targets, at the cost of 14 energy instead of [Max HP/10] + 2
Glyph of Brave Bird: Prevents the recoil damage of Brave Bird and raises its power by 1.
Glyph of Dragon Rush: Raises the accuracy of Dragon Rush by a flat 25% and its power by 1.

Blessed Beacon of the Argent Night: Raises the power of Psychic-type attacks by (7), and reduces the energy cost of Heal Pulse by (2). If it is a Psychic-type, the holder grants Aura of the Argent Night to its raid mates, causing all Heal Pulses to restore an additional amount of HP equal to the holder's Special Defense, rounded down. "Shrine brightest, in the depths of darkness"

Badge of Valor: 13+3=16
What he said, but updated to account for BoV differences. I'm not buying more stuff though, because I'm a stingy bastard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)