Metagame Gen VI NU New/Creative/Underrated Movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen this here yet and I've had fun using it :) basically let something you're weak against hit you to activate Weakness Policy and Unburden. This also allows you to take advantage of Acrobatics. This set has 2 moves that heal to help get back the HP you lost activating Weakness Policy. Only thing you have to look out for are priority user revenge killers who kill you while you're weak/before you heal up.

Sceptile @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Atk / 226 Def / 16 SpA / 10 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Those stats seem pretty random but it gets him to where I like to use him.
Can you explain the stats? And WP is really unreliable, as Sceptile isnt the bulkiest of Pokemon and it HAS to switch in/take a super effective move, which it'll probably dies from.

Probopass @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power
- Thunder Wave / Power Gem / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

This isn't creative or anything, and its got a ton of slashes, but Probopass is way better than people give it credits for. Probopass is one of few pokemon to check Slurpuff no matter what which makes it awesome, and despite such its still got enough offensive presence and solid typing to justify its position as a bulky pivot even on hyper offensive teams. The moveset is simple. You speed creep stuff like base 50 mons and 56 speed Golem and hits a pretty good speed tier, while it gives you plenty of bulk to easily tank stuff like Cryo Freeze Dries and Slurpuff Play Roughs. Flash Cannon is a great STAB that hits fairies hard and is pretty unresisted in NU. HP Fire hits Seed, while EPower hits other trapped steel types harder in general. Thunder Wave makes Probopass great offensive utility to support teammates, but Power Gem gives it an alternative STAB, while HP Grass hits Toad hard. Volt Switch is pretty important as its kind of slow and gains tons of momentum on forced switches like Swellow, making Probopass a great pivot.

If you don't use Probopass u makee meh sad *Frowns* :pirate:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

Granbull @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Facade/Heal Bell/Pretty much any move at all

A lot of people seem to forget and dismiss Granbull's rather high base 120 Attack, instead reducing Granbull to the common defensive set. However, with a Choice Band, Granbull's Attack is taken full advantage of and boosts it to powerful levels. Due to being an ex-Normal-type, Granbull's movepool is very colorful with many cool moves. Granbull gets perfect coverage with Fairy/Fire/Ground (I guess it can't dent Weezing very well. So just run a Mesprit or something). Play Rough is a decently powerful STAB, Fire Punch covers Ferroseed and Vileplume, while EQ covers other Steels, Fire-types, and Poison-types. These 3 moves allow it to hit everything in the tier for at least neutral damage. The last moveslot is just filler. You can run Heal Bell to rid your team of status, but this forces you to switch out. I like to run Facade, though, since it takes advantage of Will-O-Wisps and Scald burns. 140 BP Facade becomes even stronger than STAB Play Rough and hits extremely hard. Meanwhile, Granbull can still wall many physical threats using Intimidate.

The EV spread maximizes Attack to hit as hard as possible. The rest goes into HP and Def so Granbull can still tank hits. An alternate spread of 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe allows you to outspeed standard Vileplume, which you can 2HKO with Fire Punch if it tries to switch in on you.

Important Calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 198-234 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 165-195 (51 - 60.3%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spiritomb: 312-368 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Uxie: 183-216 (51.6 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Eviolite Togetic: 147-174 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 260-308 (89 - 105.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (this is max def ferroseed, something most people dont even run)
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 204-242 (57.6 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 205-242 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 171-202 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

did i say granbull can't dent weezing? never mind:
252+ Atk Choice Band Granbull Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 151-178 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

The only problem with this Granbull is that it sometimes gets worn down due to no lefties or RestTalk, which is why a partner with Wish is very helpful and will allow Granbull to keep tanking hits and then doing massive damage. Audino and Lickilicky stand out as great partners due to Granbull being able to handle their Fighting weakness while Audino/Licky take special attacks directed at Granbull.

Overall, Choice Band Granbull is quite a viable and powerful threat. It also has quite the surprise factor against opponents! Try it out :)
tbh I'd always run enough speed to creep on base 50s, the bulk you're losing from it is marginal enough to not care about and being able to deal with Vileplume as well as other base 50s is huge. You might want to change its "standard" spread to what you now have mentioned as an alternative option tbh

Tell me what you think of this:
114px-471Glaceon_BW_anime.png
Glaceon @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Spdef, 4 Spa
Bold Nature [+def, -Atk]
Hail
Protect
Blizzard
Substitute

I know Weather-based strategies could be considered a thing of the past, but Glaceon here SWEEPS in the hail, and Tanks well thanks to that EV spread. If you can get up Sub and protect, the Sub damage is gone thanks to leftovers and Ice Body. Blizzard 2HKOs any non-defensive Pokémon that does't resist the attack, and can severely Cripple others along with the hail damage.

Attachments

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The rain counter is here. The ferrotoad lure is here. Giga drain on Kabutops allows it 100% of the time to OHKO opposing Kabutops. Stone edge has a 93.8% chance to OHKO Ludicolo after stealth rock. Giga drain isn't only useful against Kabutops, but it can also be a decent lure for Seismitoad, so a partner like Klinklang or Typhlosion can clean up easier late-game. Sure, an adamant waterfall in the rain OHKOs other Kabutops anyways, but non-attack boosting nature waterfall only has a 12.5% chance to OHKO and with naïve nature and giga drain you'll be outspeeding and OHKOing every time, unless they themselves are running jolly in which case you'll just get your HP back from giga drain anyways :]. The speed EVs combined w/ naïve nature outspeed adamant Kabutops, and I just put the rest into SpA after maxing out Atk.

252 Atk Life Orb Kabutops Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ludicolo: 263-309 (87.3 - 102.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
92 SpA Life Orb Kabutops Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kabutops: 302-359 (115.7 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
92 SpA Life Orb Kabutops Giga Drain vs. 200 HP / 56 SpD Seismitoad: 265-317 (66 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO --- you can 2hko if you predict the switch or predict stealth rock
92 SpA Life Orb Kabutops Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 140-166 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

Gogoat @ Leftovers | Sap Sipper
248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe | Careful Nature
Horn Leech / Earthquake / Substitute / Bulk Up

Gogoat is a really fucking cool Pokemon. Speed EVs outrun Jolly Carracosta. Unfortunately, its STAB has pretty poor neutral coverage, which means it can't run a mono-attacking set with Milk Drink well, but it makes up for this with built-in recovery in its STAB move. Your coverage can be anything from Earthquake to Rock Slide or Return, but I personally prefer Earthquake to take on Fire-, Poison-, and Steel-types, most notably Ferroseed. You do miss out on Grass- and Flying-types, but this doesn't matter much because most of either type are neutral to one of its attacks and/or are total setup fodder. Gogoat is especially amazing against stall teams which really don't have much of a way of handling it. Let's look at some top defensive Pokemon and how incredibly well Gogoat does against them:

Ferroseed: setup fodder
Dragalge: takes a ton from Earthquake, needs Sludge Bomb to keep from being setup fodder
Rhydon: 2HKO'd by unboosted Horn Leech, bulky variants need Megahorn or Roar to keep from being fodder because Rock Blast has a chance of not breaking a Sub with three hits and one Bulk Up and a chance of not breaking a Sub with four hits at +2
Seismitoad: donked and total setup fodder
Uxie: setup fodder
Audino: setup fodder
Garbodor: needs Gunk Shot (and to hit with it) in order to break Subs, 2HKO'd at +1
Granbull: chance not to break Subs at +1, never does at +2
Qwilfish: needs Poison Jab to break Subs
Lanturn: setup fodder, Modest Ice Beam also fails to 3HKO
Poliwrath: setup fodder
Tangela: HP Ice/Fire fails to break Subs, sets without it can't do shit
Lickilicky: setup fodder
Steelix: needs Roar to do shit

Also special shoutout to Rotom which fails to break the Sub with Shadow Ball.

Basically, Gogoat does a ton of work against stall and can work well against balanced teams as well. Highly recommend trying this guy out.

Rotom @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Offensive Utility Rotom is like my favorite set in the metagame at the moment. It is so spammable on offense and balance teams as a bait and spinblocker, and alongside hazards support easily can kill pokemon with its great STAB coverage. With Expert Belt, it can easily bait out the likes of Seismitoad or Rhydon to kill with Hidden Power [Grass] and only a little bit of prior damage, and it can easily bait out the likes of Sandslash or Liepard assuming it is a choiced set for an easy burn. This Rotom effectively baits large portions of the metagame, and acts as an effective attacker alongside hazards, which it loves to protect at the same time. It is an awesome set, honestly please try it. It is just such a great gluemon on hyper offense and bulky offense.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Mesprit @ Mind Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Future Sight
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

i used this with hariyama and typhlosion because poison-types can no longer switch into them if you future sight and then u-turn out directly. also works nicely with dark-types such as liepard or pawniard since you can stop gurdurr and hariyama from coming in on them. feraligatr, lilligant, and sceptile are also good partners since the opponent can't switch vileplume or dragalge in. so basically this set makes the top threats even more dangerous and can set up stealth rocks for the team as well

Drifblim @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Pain Split

I don't know much about the NU tier at the moment, but this guy seems to do a pretty decent job at a fast special sweeper. I'm curious to see what you guys think of this, as it's something I haven't personally seen before. What do you reckon?

Drifblim @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Pain Split

I don't know much about the NU tier at the moment, but this guy seems to do a pretty decent job at a fast special sweeper. I'm curious to see what you guys think of this, as it's something I haven't personally seen before. What do you reckon?
A couple of problems with that set is
1.) HP number is even, change it to odd for more switch ins to sr
2.)no endure, stockpile or will o wisp, and with the poot bulk driffy lube has, it won't be suriving a powerful we attack
3.) Drifblim even at +2 is still weak af, and your relying on SD moves NOT killing it to gain power
4.) I wouldn't run pain split as a second set attack will just kill it
5.) HP ice is redundant as a handful of pokes resist shadowball/tbolt

I personally look at drifblims ability to weaken its switch in and spam powerful stab in acrobatics as the better set, since you can get unburden when you want

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch/Focus Punch
- Earthquake/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Focus Punch
- Trick

Before you start yelling at me things such as:
" Stop using Dusknoir pls you suck i hate you "
That's just a moveset for him, that doesn't mean the pokemon will suddenly become reliable/
Also, the thread isn't called," NU New/Creative movesets for reliable pokemons " Am i right?

So, back to the set in itself, there's 3 main reasons to use Dusknoir over the main offensive Ghost of the tier, Golurk:
- Priority, which will be needed on this set
- Bulk and defensive typing, while offensively, Ghost is kinda bad for Dusknoir offensively, this gives him few switches in, and has only 2 weaknesses, unlike Golurk.
- Trick, a great move that will allow Dusknoir to cripple anything that should be able to check/counter him decently, and since Tomb is gone, Dusknoir is the only Offensive Physical Ghost with it

Offensive Dusknoir has very high surprise factor, and to be honest, when i used it, it wasn't bad at all.
Sucker Punch is the most powerful priority Dusknoir could use, and it does very reasonable damage to anything that doesn't resist it.
If you want to be sure to Revenge Kill all kind of pokemons ( By that, i mean Offensive & Defensive ) , you can use Shadow Sneak, which is slightly less powerful, yet reliable.
Fire Punch is your best bet against Grass/Steel/Ice Types such as Sceptile, Liligant, Feroseed, Klinklang, Cryogonal, or Regice.
Focus Punch can be used instead of else Fire Punch or EQ/T-Punch/Ice Punch, it provides neutral coverage to Dusknoir and will heavily punish the opponent, but it requires a lot of prediction.
The 3rd move depends of what you want to hit, Earthquake will hit Fire, Rock and Steel types very decently, Ice Punch punishes Grass/Ground/Flying/Dragons, and T-Punch will hit Flying/Water types.
You're annoyed by a Pokemon? Or you just want to get rid of your Choice Band? Trick is your best friend then, it allows Dusknoir to cripple anything before switching/attacking.

Overall, i wouldn't say this set is the best set ever, or even a set that will make Dusknoir climb to S Viability Rank, but it's creative, fun, and can be reliable with the right support.

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch/Focus Punch
- Earthquake/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Focus Punch
- Trick

Before you start yelling at me things such as:
" Stop using Dusknoir pls you suck i hate you "
That's just a moveset for him, that doesn't mean the pokemon will suddenly become reliable/
Also, the thread isn't called," NU New/Creative movesets for reliable pokemons " Am i right?

So, back to the set in itself, there's 3 main reasons to use Dusknoir over the main offensive Ghost of the tier, Golurk:
- Priority, which will be needed on this set
- Bulk and defensive typing, while offensively, Ghost is kinda bad for Dusknoir offensively, this gives him few switches in, and has only 2 weaknesses, unlike Golurk.
- Trick, a great move that will allow Dusknoir to cripple anything that should be able to check/counter him decently, and since Tomb is gone, Dusknoir is the only Offensive Physical Ghost with it

Offensive Dusknoir has very high surprise factor, and to be honest, when i used it, it wasn't bad at all.
Sucker Punch is the most powerful priority Dusknoir could use, and it does very reasonable damage to anything that doesn't resist it.
If you want to be sure to Revenge Kill all kind of pokemons ( By that, i mean Offensive & Defensive ) , you can use Shadow Sneak, which is slightly less powerful, yet reliable.
Fire Punch is your best bet against Grass/Steel/Ice Types such as Sceptile, Liligant, Feroseed, Klinklang, Cryogonal, or Regice.
Focus Punch can be used instead of else Fire Punch or EQ/T-Punch/Ice Punch, it provides neutral coverage to Dusknoir and will heavily punish the opponent, but it requires a lot of prediction.
The 3rd move depends of what you want to hit, Earthquake will hit Fire, Rock and Steel types very decently, Ice Punch punishes Grass/Ground/Flying/Dragons, and T-Punch will hit Flying/Water types.
You're annoyed by a Pokemon? Or you just want to get rid of your Choice Band? Trick is your best friend then, it allows Dusknoir to cripple anything before switching/attacking.

Overall, i wouldn't say this set is the best set ever, or even a set that will make Dusknoir climb to S Viability Rank, but it's creative, fun, and can be reliable with the right support.
Stab is overrated anyways

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Suicide lead Archeops v 2.0-
Arcehops @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Head Smash
-Acrobatics

This is somewhat similar to another Arcehops suicide lead set posted earlier, but instead of Focus Sash it runs Sitrus berry. This allows me to escape from defeatist range once and smash things with Head Smash. Then after activating it I also now have a 110 BP flying STAB in Acrobatics. Although Arcehops may sound frail, he actually isn't THAT frail, and can take some(keyword: some)hits without having to use a sash. I just thought this would be a better version of the Archeops suicide lead set I saw before.

Gogoat @ Leftovers | Sap Sipper
248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe | Careful Nature
Horn Leech / Earthquake / Substitute / Bulk Up

Gogoat is a really fucking cool Pokemon. Speed EVs outrun Jolly Carracosta. Unfortunately, its STAB has pretty poor neutral coverage, which means it can't run a mono-attacking set with Milk Drink well, but it makes up for this with built-in recovery in its STAB move. Your coverage can be anything from Earthquake to Rock Slide or Return, but I personally prefer Earthquake to take on Fire-, Poison-, and Steel-types, most notably Ferroseed. You do miss out on Grass- and Flying-types, but this doesn't matter much because most of either type are neutral to one of its attacks and/or are total setup fodder. Gogoat is especially amazing against stall teams which really don't have much of a way of handling it. Let's look at some top defensive Pokemon and how incredibly well Gogoat does against them:

Ferroseed: setup fodder
Dragalge: takes a ton from Earthquake, needs Sludge Bomb to keep from being setup fodder
Rhydon: 2HKO'd by unboosted Horn Leech, bulky variants need Megahorn or Roar to keep from being fodder because Rock Blast has a chance of not breaking a Sub with three hits and one Bulk Up and a chance of not breaking a Sub with four hits at +2
Seismitoad: donked and total setup fodder
Uxie: setup fodder
Audino: setup fodder
Garbodor: needs Gunk Shot (and to hit with it) in order to break Subs, 2HKO'd at +1
Granbull: chance not to break Subs at +1, never does at +2
Qwilfish: needs Poison Jab to break Subs
Lanturn: setup fodder, Modest Ice Beam also fails to 3HKO
Poliwrath: setup fodder
Tangela: HP Ice/Fire fails to break Subs, sets without it can't do shit
Lickilicky: setup fodder
Steelix: needs Roar to do shit

Also special shoutout to Rotom which fails to break the Sub with Shadow Ball.

Basically, Gogoat does a ton of work against stall and can work well against balanced teams as well. Highly recommend trying this guy out.
Oh fuck yeah, Gogoat's always seemed like a potential monster. I tried to make it work when defensive Plume was running around everywhere, and I searched for a really fucking long time to find a way for it to beat Vileplume. It just can't. However, since Plume's not as ubiquitous as it was then, I might give this a shot. The only thing that really gives it competition for this role is Bouffalant (also underrated).

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

Audino loves to switch into Electivire. Can't blame them, because they're usually good counters. But wait:

4 Atk Life Orb Electivire Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Audino: 380-447 (92.6 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

By sacrificing HP Grass, Electivire gets to OHKO Audino which is pretty huge for certain teammates. Some of Electivire's teammates appreciate having Audino KOed much more than Rhydon/Seismitoad (eg. Lilligant, Sceptile, Ludicolo, Swanna) which makes this a slightly better wallbreaker should you have these teammates. In addition even if you don't catch Audino on the switch, it's still possible to knock Audino out with Focus Punch 1v1 given that most of Audino's moveslot is focused on support moves, which means that staying in to Focus Punch as Audino uses Wish still works.

Also, Focus Punch is better than Cross Chop because it a) is more accurate and b) actually OHKOs Audino, which is more useful than doing large damage and potentially having it heal back due to Regenerator

I don't think I am the first to come up with this idea though, so kudos to whoever did and you can take the credit.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp

I use this set a lot and have found it to be pretty effective. It does especially well vs Stall Teams w/o Roar/Whirlwind. You use the Substitute doll attack to create a protective barrier against various transmissible diseases like Toxic and Sleep Powder. You then attack with Charge Beam to boost your Special Attack high enough that you can start dealing damage with Air Slash, or charge your smartphone. Will-O-Wisp is nice for maximum spookage and because Sub Rotom-Fan brings in Rhydon like crack does hookers. Will-O-Wisp also allows you to keep Subs up vs physical attackers much better.

You can probably use this set with Rotom or Rotom-Frost as well, I just prefer Rotom-Fan because flinches win games.

throh.gif

"Cro"h
Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw

I have been using this set to great effect in the current NU meta. This is mimic of Suicune's main set "Crocune" up in UU. By using Throh's amazing 120/85/85 bulk their's a strong, phasing, tank that could become a top tier threat in NU meta.

A quick look at Throh's move pool may seem underwhelming but look again it gets Circle Throw, a fighting version of dragon tail, and with a lack of ghost, psychic, and fairy types in the tier you can often spam it and rack hazards damage on the other team and hit hard with your base 100 attack stat. Using Rest/Talk to take advantage of guts and to support Throh with some semi-reliable healing. Last but not least Bulk Up gives Throh more bulk on our uninvested defensive side and as an added bonus boosts the damage dealt by Circle Throw.

Supporting your Croh
sneasel.pngrotom-fan.pngaccelgor.pngsandslash.pngdusclops.pngthroh.png

By it's self croh can't win every game but with the right tools it's deadly

Hazards:
Any Pokémon who gets up hazards greatly assists Throh. With Circle Throw as your only attacking move you can force switches non-stop cause hazards damage to really rack up.Good examples are: Sandslash, Accelgor, Cacturne, and Steelix

Hard Hitting Dark Types: This Throh set is 100% walled by any Ghost type Pokémon so it needs support to take them out. A hard hitting dark type, preferably with Pursuit, is a must!
Good examples are: Sneasel and Cacturne

Spin Blockers+Stuff to "Remove" Defoggers:
When something loves it's hazards as much as Throh you want keep them on the field at all cost. I'd recommend bringing a Ghost type to spin block and a strong Electric, Ice, or Rock type to kill those pesky Defoggers.
Good examples are: Dusclops, Rotom, Sneasel, Rotom-Fan, Regirock, and Kabutops

Volt-Turn/Chip Damage:
Throh works very well with Volt/Turn teams for several reasons. First
being that Volt/Turn keeps the offensive pressure high forcing lots of switches making it relatively easy to find a safe switch in for Throh. Second being the wearing down of teams Volt/Turn does helps Throh pick of weakened Pokémon easily. *Also Chip Damage from Super Fang is helpful run it* Good examples are: Scyther, Accelgor, Rotom, Rotom-Fan, Persian, Archeops, Purugly, and Sandslash

Spinners:
Spinners work great on these team sense Volt/Turn hates hazards, but NEVER EVER USE DEFOG your own hazards are to valuable to blow away.
Good examples are: Sandslash, Wartortle, and Kabutops

Scarfer/Priority:
To beat out the faster more dangerous Pokémon or just clean up after Throh goes down these are very helpful.
Good examples are: Rotom, Rotom-Fan, Primeape, Kangaskhan, and Kabutops

SAMPLE TEAMS (I quickly threw together)
http://pastebin.com/jd3sdC6Q
http://pastebin.com/dq37JefA

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN WITH CROH

Last edited:

Marill @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
move1: Perish Song
move2: Encore
move3: Toxic/Scald
move4: Rest

Only cuz #gen2hype. Anyway this is marill, out of all the annoying pokemon I have used over the few months of my extensive pokemon career, marill has proved to be a huge asset to my stall teams. Marill might not be the strongest of pokemon with 20 offenses or the superbly bulkiest with only 70/50/50 defenses, but what marill does have is the hands down best defensive typing in all of nu. While resisting fire/water/grass coverage, as well as standard fighting/dark coverage, backed by dragon immunity and only 1 relevant resistance in electric, this marill... doesn't want to die.

Perish Song is the key to Marill, as its the only way it can actually kill something as long as it has a healthy teammate. Perish Song is a God send to stall teams, as it kills that 1 last pokemon you just cant manage to get rid of. It also pairs well with the second move, encore which prevents marill becoming a setup fodder and can lock the opponent into a setup move or grass move if they weren't expecting marill to sip dem saps. Marill has the benefit of being able to completely wall grasses without a se coverage move, like non-sludge bomb tangela, ludicolo and sceptile.

Toxic is nice if you don't have toxic spikes support, gives marill some method of damaging, however we all know how amazing scald is, and a STAB scald backed by a solid 20 SpAtk. lets it do some solid damage. Rest is the last move as even tho it makes marill a setup fodder to an extent, you can use perish song and encore to give free turns to give a chance to rest.

Marill @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
move1: Perish Song
move2: Encore
move3: Toxic/Scald
move4: Rest

Only cuz #gen2hype. Anyway this is marill, out of all the annoying pokemon I have used over the few months of my extensive pokemon career, marill has proved to be a huge asset to my stall teams. Marill might not be the strongest of pokemon with 20 offenses or the superbly bulkiest with only 70/50/50 defenses, but what marill does have is the hands down best defensive typing in all of nu. While resisting fire/water/grass coverage, as well as standard fighting/dark coverage, backed by dragon immunity and only 1 relevant resistance in electric, this marill... doesn't want to die.

Perish Song is the key to Marill, as its the only way it can actually kill something as long as it has a healthy teammate. Perish Song is a God send to stall teams, as it kills that 1 last pokemon you just cant manage to get rid of. It also pairs well with the second move, encore which prevents marill becoming a setup fodder and can lock the opponent into a setup move or grass move if they weren't expecting marill to sip dem saps. Marill has the benefit of being able to completely wall grasses without a se coverage move, like non-sludge bomb tangela, ludicolo and sceptile.

Toxic is nice if you don't have toxic spikes support, gives marill some method of damaging, however we all know how amazing scald is, and a STAB scald backed by a solid 20 SpAtk. lets it do some solid damage. Rest is the last move as even tho it makes marill a setup fodder to an extent, you can use perish song and encore to give free turns to give a chance to rest.
If you're willing to go with Thick Fat, you can Perish Trap.

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
View attachment 26168
"Cro"h
Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw

I have been using this set to great effect in the current NU meta. This is mimic of Suicune's main set "Crocune" up in UU. By using Throh's amazing 120/85/85 bulk their's a strong, phasing, tank that could become a top tier threat in NU meta.

A quick look at Throh's move pool may seem underwhelming but look again it gets Circle Throw, a fighting version of dragon tail, and with a lack of ghost, psychic, and fairy types in the tier you can often spam it and rack hazards damage on the other team and hit hard with your base 100 attack stat. Using Rest/Talk to take advantage of guts and to support Throh with some semi-reliable healing. Last but not least Bulk Up gives Throh more bulk on our uninvested defensive side and as an added bonus boosts the damage dealt by Circle Throw.

Supporting your Croh
View attachment 26174View attachment 26175View attachment 26177View attachment 26176View attachment 26178View attachment 26179

By it's self croh can't win every game but with the right tools it's deadly
Hazards: Any Pokémon who gets up hazards greatly assists Throh. With Circle Throw as your only attacking move you can force switches non-stop cause hazards damage to really rack up.Good examples are: Sandslash, Accelgor, Cacturne, and Steelix

Hard Hitting Dark Types: This Throh set is 100% walled by any Ghost type Pokémon so it needs support to take them out. A hard hitting dark type, preferably with Pursuit, is a must!
Good examples are: Sneasel and Cacturne

Spin Blockers+Stuff to "Remove" Defoggers: When something loves it's hazards as much as Throh you want keep them on the field at all cost. I'd recommend bringing a Ghost type to spin block and a strong Electric, Ice, or Rock type to kill those pesky Defoggers.
Good examples are: Dusclops, Rotom, Sneasel, Rotom-Fan, Regirock, and Kabutops

Volt-Turn/Chip Damage: Throh works very well with Volt/Turn teams for several reasons. First
being that Volt/Turn keeps the offensive pressure high forcing lots of switches making it relatively easy to find a safe switch in for Throh. Second being the wearing down of teams Volt/Turn does helps Throh pick of weakened Pokémon easily. *Also Chip Damage from Super Fang is helpful run it* Good examples are: Scyther, Accelgor, Rotom, Rotom-Fan, Persian, Archeops, Purugly, and Sandslash

Spinners: Spinners work great on these team sense Volt/Turn hates hazards, but NEVER EVER USE DEFOG your own hazards are to valuable to blow away.
Good examples are: Sandslash, Wartortle, and Kabutops

Scarfer/Priority: To beat out the faster more dangerous Pokémon or just clean up after Throh goes down these are very helpful.
Good examples are: Rotom, Rotom-Fan, Primeape, Kangaskhan, and Kabutops

SAMPLE TEAMS (I quickly threw together)
http://pastebin.com/jd3sdC6Q
http://pastebin.com/dq37JefA

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN WITH CROH
I use this set too, and it can single handedly sweep through teams with help(I thought of it in a troll team with a bunch of rest talkers) however I think Storm Throw is a viable slash over Circle Throw, as it has more BP(after guaranteed crit), perfect accuracy and it nets easy KO's against people who try to boost up against you(Yes I know Circle Throw phazes too).

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick Room
- Psychic / Psyshock

Not really creative but imo this set is incredibly underrated. People automatically see Trick Room sweepers and are turned off by them due to their harming of other team members, but Trick Room Exeggutor is an anomaly in this sense. It is incredibly self sufficient and can easily work on Balance or Bulky Offense as an amazing cleaner as well as being brought in mid game as a powerful wallbreaker with its unparalleled base 125 special attack and coverage that lets it defeat common defensive cores such as FerroToad, VileToad, FerroGalge, QwilDon, etc.
Exeggutor is simply one of those overlooked pokemon in NU, but this set really thrives. More and more, NU is pushing towards higher speed tiers, with common NU Staples such as Scarf Typhlosion, Archeops, and Pyroar pushing the boundaries of 100+, something rarely seen in BW. Rain has also become far more prevalant with a wide range of abusive swift swimmers. As a result, Exeggutor turns the table on many common teams, including Hyper Offense, Rain, Sun, etc. and is able to take advantage of the large speed gap in the current NU tier to easily sweep through most teams, and even priority has a difficult time putting a stop to its rampage as result of its amazing natural bulk alongside a resistance to the common Mach Punch and Aqua Jet.
I highly reccomend you all go and try out Trick Room Exeggutor, especially on Psychic spam teams where it can easily clean after a fellow psychic such as Mesprit or Xatu. Its powerful coverage makes it a difficult to wall sweeper, and with Trick Room up it is hard to stop as well, especially in the state of the metagame. Despite common NU player mindblocks that trick room sweepers are ineffective on non-trick room teams, I've found this set to consistently work against a plethora of common NU cores.

Camerupt @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Grass]
I present to you Rock Polish Camerupt. Rock Polish Camerupt is a Camerupt set I've been messing around with because Camerupt is interesting, and the recent news of Mega Camerupt meant I had to try it out! A Timid nature and 196 Speed EVs ensure Camerupt can outspeed Sneasel after a Rock Polish, the most relevant threat you'll need to outspeed. 56 HP ensures an even HP number and 252 Special Attack EVs is obviously for power, 4 Def is leftovers. Anyways, onto the set. Fire Blast hits like a truck and just tears things apart really. Earth Power gets nice coverage to top it off. Hidden Power Grass is to hit Seismitoad and Golem really hard and gets cool coverage in general. I considered Stone Edge over Hidden Power Grass for a bit but decided against it. Some other options for this include Hidden Power Ice for just general coverage or running enough Speed to outspeed Sceptile. Outspeeding Sceptile didn't seem like a huge concern, though, as Fire Blast blasts through it and it can't OHKO in return as it is. Don't use this set crazily, it requires support. Spikes support is beneficial to wear down bulkier Pokemon and allow Camerupt to sweep after Scarfed Pokemon are taken out. Don't expect this to be breaking through everything, it just can't, but it does hit very hard. The lack of bulk is a bit of a bummer and setting up isn't always easy, but being immune to Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave is a unique niche. A very fun set that I'd encourage you to test out a bit and play around with ^_^!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)