Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

(Comment 1)

Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

(Comment 2)

[List of Monado Arts] 翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense. 疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks. 盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement. 斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability. 撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/statuses/505318389879812096

"Some games may not be compatible with old 3DS systems"

I better not have to shell out 3 digits for either ORAS or Sm4sh.
With ORAS so close and Smash so much closer, I really doubt these games would require an upgrade. I really hope this is not the case though... Nintendo have never really done this. This is not another 3DS, this is another iteration of the DS... A new standard as it were.

With Smash so close and ORAS so much closer, I really doubt these games would require an upgrade. I really hope this is not the case though... Nintendo have never really done this. This is not another 3DS, this is another iteration of the DS... A new standard as it were.
If I am not mistaken the Smash Bros 3DS XL is the now "older" model, so I don't think we will need the new versions of the 3DS, but I'm sure the extra buttons and other features will make it much more convenient.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Even though I saw the leaks like everyone else, from the moment Smash 4 was announced, I was hoping Shulk would be in the game, so when I watched the Direct this morning, I legit squealed. I couldn't help myself.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Pretty sure that that was the worst attempt at a Ridley tease if that shadow was him.

Thoughts on the leak:
wtf is Dark Pit and why bring back Dr. Mario of all characters? After the whole Lucina and Marth thing, I 'get it' but I don't care for them (max lol @ clones getting grouped together). Particularly annoyed that I don't see Lucas or Wolf... Sakurai, why?! :((( My boos Ness and Jigglypuff are still there at least. Too bad about Ice Climbers being cut, too. I know Sakurai sound no DLC but I want DLC if that's the final roster. Duck Hunt Dog is amazing, and Bowser Jr is cool I guess?

Now that I know the roster, I def want to avoid how-to-unlock spoilers (assuming we still have to unlock characters?).

Shulk looks like an interesting addition.

Pretty sure that that was the worst attempt at a Ridley tease if that shadow was him.
I'm pretty sure Ridley doesn't talk though.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mumkhar will be a stage boss like Yellow Devil and Ridley. Subspace isn't returning for Sm4sh so we won't be getting bosses that way. Ridley does talk, according the the Metroid manga - he's never done so in the games though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)