Your Favorite Tier~

I love Monotype. Team building is different and unique, because you have to think of how to cover your teams weaknesses, and you get to use a bunch of pokemon that you like. There's nothing more satisfying than beating a team with a type advantage over yours.

Also because I don't suck at it.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
any BW2 tier, even BW2 OU. So much creativity, back to an era where GF didn't screw up by debuffing steel, buffing the move that shall not be named, debuffing (thunder, hydro, blizzard, etc.) and where a ton of different things were possible due to things like gems. BW2 RU and LC would have to be my favorite BW2 Tiers, as RU has a fantastic offensively-oriented metagame full of powerful things that aren't /too/ powerful but strong enough to make a dent. BW2 LC has a very set/item oriented metagame which is what I love about it. The unpredictability is not in the mons but directly situated in the item, and even though some people might think otherwise, I think it's much better than a majority of the XY tiers.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CAP, no doubt. There's always new mons coming out, and when you get to finally use them, you think "Shit, I helped make that".

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
gonna be like glassglaceon but dpp > bw2 in this case. pretty much any DPP tier even though I stopped playing quite a while algo due to activity reasons and me being in that spot where I'm not good enough to get into major tours, which has made me more rusty and indirectly, worse at the game.

Regarding this gen I don't like stuff outside of OMs, OU or Ubers personally right now. I think Ubers minus Gengarite (because fuck that thing it ruined ubers for me) has to be my favorite standard/official tier.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Challenge Cup

Why Challenge cup?
You never know what your gonna get and anyone can play it and have a good time or a decent amount of fun.
Plus, i can actually win in a tier and any tier i can win in is good because im shit.

Challenge Cup

Why Challenge cup?
You never know what your gonna get and anyone can play it and have a good time or a decent amount of fun.
Plus, i can actually win in a tier and any tier i can win in is good because im shit.
Lol also getting into the top 500 in CC is ridiculously easy

TruSwagblu

Banned deucer.
Little Cup all the way, I've never been as interested in any tier as much as LC. Cutemons rock, I'm actually not too terrible at it, and also macle's frogblog.

edit: :psynervous:

Last edited:
It is very difficult for me to say, I love little cup because practically nobody stalls there (YEEEESSS) but the overuse of Dark types hurt my poor ghost types pretty bad. However I would have to say I love Monotype, it takes so little time to make a team, and people come up with the most ingenues sets. I also love random battles because I will be like "I want to battle but am to lazy to make a team LOL." So maybe my favorite Metagame would be random little cup monotype. XD

Monotype hands down. Very rewarding to make teams Gym Leader-esque and to consider each type matchup carefully.

I also enjoy Randbats and Haxmons, and am trying to get back into OU after a horrific first month experience with it. >.>

When it comes to playing competitively using teams I've made, it usually ends out badly for me, which is why I have a preference for Random Battle, unfortunately.

Triples Randbats is surprisingly fun to me. I just love how much strategy you can make with completely random pokemon. Any other randbats format are also great, but I do have a love of ubers. Mainly because I'm good at it, but I will be the first to admit you see the exact same pokemon every time you play it.

Tiershift is hands down my favorite (even if my best was 1v1). There are just soooooo many Pokemon that become viable as a result of it, and to me personally (as well as probably a large majority of people here), Pokemon is most fun when you can use your favorite Pokemon and do well. If most everything is viable, there's just so many different teams you will encounter, and no battle will be the same (except rain scrubs, they all use the same team). :)

Random Battles are number one. I find them the most interesting- there aren't any standard teams or movesets, and every team has a unique synergy which is interesting to discover and play around with. Then of course there are teams with no synergy which are a challenge. No battle is ever like any other :-)

Monotype is second, because it requires playing to your weaknesses and thinking outside the box to turn a bad matchup into one you can benefit from. It feels very rewarding to take down a fighting team with a rock one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)