Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the Meowstic forms are off base mons with the same stats, how does that work in terms of coding? And are we doing it so that we vote by Meowstic submitter instead of having them be two separate submissions?
Assuming we are doing two megas:

1. vote for each mega separately (your votes meowstic-m can be different people than mewostic-f)
2. vote the same for both megas (your votes for meowstic-m and meowstic-f are the same)

I don't really mind either way.

Okay, we've reached a verdict.
Both Meowstic-M and Meowstic-F get a Mega. They have the same stats but a different ability and movepool (only attacking moves for Female and only status moves for Male).
We vote for a pair of submissions together (Listed above as option 2).

Last edited:
I have two Carbink ideas.
Mega Carbink X
Type: Rock / Fairy
Ability: Solid Rock
New Moves: Rock Blast, Stockpile, Rapid Spin
Stats
Attack 50 => 80
Defense 150 => 180
Special Attack 50 => 80
Special Defense 150 => 180
Speed 50 => 30

Flavor / Concept:
Carbink grows more rocks on itself and they get thicker, hence Solid Rock. They become heavier and Carbink acts like a top on the ground, hence Rapid Spin and lowered Speed. It can shoot the rocks out or group them together, hence Rock Blast and Stockpile. It gains more defenses due to the thick rocks on it.

Competitive Value: It can run a really nice Trick Room lead set, with lowered Speed, decent offenses with Explosion for getting a TR sweeper in, and Rock Blast breaks sashes. It can run a bulky Rapid Spin set, or a mono-attacking CM set w/ raised defenses.

Mega Carbink Y
Type: Rock / Fairy
Flavor:
Carbink breaks out of its shell and reveals its inner core.
Stats
Attack 50 => 60
Defense 150 => 160
Special Attack 50 => 100
Special Defense 150 => 170
Speed 50 => 80
New Moves: Magic Coat
Ability: Magic Guard / Levitate
Will update this more!
I like MCY, but as Jay said before you're only allowed to have one. As 80 speed is not wonderful, just keep the speed and throw the rest into sp. attack. A trick room sweeper is reasonable, right?

Hey everyone, been lurking for a while, and may well go back to lurking again. Since the eeveelutions thing came up briefly though, I figured I'd share what I made at some point.
Vaporeon: 130/65/95/155/105/75 Serene Grace,
Jolteon: 65/75/95/130/105/155 Static,
Flareon: 65/155/75/95/130/105 Fur Coat,
Espeon: 65/75/95/155/105/130 Trace (really didn't like trace but couldn't think of anything better) ,
Umbreon: 95/105/130/65/155/75 Intimidate (likewise) ,
Leafeon: 65/130/155/75/95/105 Natural Cure,
Glaceon: 65/75/130/155/105/95 Snow Warning,
Sylveon: 95/65/105/130/155/75 Analytic.

I'm certainly not suggesting these as the best abilities for each (especially factoring in the potential for custom abilities already in existence) , but take it as a proof-of-concept that the eeveelutions can retain the same base stats, but differently distributed.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, been lurking for a while, and may well go back to lurking again. Since the eeveelutions thing came up briefly though, I figured I'd share what I made at some point.
Flareon: 65/155/75/95/110/65 Fur Coat,
Espeon: 65/75/95/155/105/130 Trace (really didn't like trace but couldn't think of anything better) ,

I'm certainly not suggesting these as the best abilities for each (especially factoring in the potential for custom abilities already in existence) , but take it as a proof-of-concept that the eeveelutions can retain the same base stats, but differently distributed.
Fur coat paired with 75 defense make flareon bulkier than furfrou, 75 speed still out speeds important walls, meaning sylveon doesn't get a boost against Blissey/Chansey, Vaporeon can't use serene grace for anything other than Scald, Static Jolteon has flavor, but no competitive use, and Espeon would rather just keep Magic Bounce.

I'm aware that the abilities are somewhat flawed; the post was purely intended to show that the base stats could remain the same. If people prefer, I could delete all mention of abilities.

I'm aware that the abilities are somewhat flawed; the post was purely intended to show that the base stats could remain the same. If people prefer, I could delete all mention of abilities.
Honestly, sameness of the eeveelutions kinda bothers me. The eeveelutions are specialized in different things. Jolteon/Espeon/Flareon/Leafeon are offensive, Umbreon/Vaporeon/Sylveon are defensive, and Glaceon doesn't really do anything, but I guess is defensive. I think that the eeveelutions should really be less linked solely by the fact that they share a prevolution and become more specialized in their fields. I like Pandamonium/Peter's Sylveon idea for this reason. It becomes more specialized, stalling out with Defense/Heal order, fighting back with stored power and Hyper voice. It play a lot like standard Sylveon. Unforunately, heal order buffs up REGULAR Sylveon a lot, and so does defense order. For this reason Pandamonium's submission is kinda off. But his submission is the kind I like.

Sharing the same stats to be distributed in no way prevents, or strongly restricts, the eeveelutions from being specialized in different things, in my opinion. The range of stats actually increases from 70 (lowest stat of 60 to highest of 130) to 90 (65-155) . Indeed, discounting abilities for a second, almost all the eeveelutions are as specialized in there previous roles as they were before, if not more so. Vaporeon is an unfortunate case, caused by the high base HP, which does serve to undermine my argument somewhat. This could be fixed by swapping all 75 stats for 65/70, and all 105 stats for 115/110, and swapping Vaporeon's special stats over. This would also serve to make most/all eeveelutions slightly more specialized as well. I guess I aesthetically preferred 65/75/95/105/130/155 to 65/65/95/115/130/155, but it doesn't need to be that way at all.

Sharing the same stats to be distributed in no way prevents, or strongly restricts, the eeveelutions from being specialized in different things, in my opinion. The range of stats actually increases from 70 (lowest stat of 60 to highest of 130) to 90 (65-155) . Indeed, discounting abilities for a second, almost all the eeveelutions are as specialized in there previous roles as they were before, if not more so. Vaporeon is an unfortunate case, caused by the high base HP, which does serve to undermine my argument somewhat. This could be fixed by swapping all 75 stats for 65/70, and all 105 stats for 115/110, and swapping Vaporeon's special stats over. This would also serve to make most/all eeveelutions slightly more specialized as well. I guess I aesthetically preferred 65/75/95/105/130/155 to 65/65/95/115/130/155, but it doesn't need to be that way at all.
I think we're on the same page where they definitely need different abilities, and if the base stats can be tweaked after the fact so that they're all symmetrical that's cool too. So far, all the winning Megas seem to keep the same general order where the 130 stat stays the highest, the 110 stays the 2nd highest, and every stat at least ends up getting some boosts, so eventually agreeing on something wouldn't be too tough since it would require at most a 5-10 point shift here or there.

For this upcoming slate, I don't have a good idea for either of the Grass/Ghosts. That one with the auto-Trick or Treat is cool, and it's too bad that Forest's Curse, which is clearly designed to be parallel, is not remotely as useful for Trevenant (although maybe an auto-Forest's Curse might make it CB Talonflame's favorite Mega teammate).

To be honest, I'm looking a bit ahead because I'm excited to see what (if anything) can be done to make Mega Unown an OU-viable Pokemon.

Last edited:
Mega Sylveon Due to lack of entries, I'll try despite my hesitance to do so.
Fairy -> Fairy
Cute Charm/(Pixilate) -> Current (wind attacks with side effects 20% chance or less will always take effect)
HP: 95
Atk: 65 (+15) = 80
Def: 65 (+35) = 100
S.Atk: 110 (+10) = 120
S.Def: 130 (+30) = 160
Speed: 60 (+10) = 70
Moves: Defog, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind (no need for ancient power here or any recovery move)

The idea that I had is what if her ribbons can be used like whips casting mystical winds around itself? Hence, I look back at the move silver wind. Ancient Power and Ominous wind are like said move that's been rarely or never used at all due to its weak power. But what if thanks to sylveon's mystic fairy powers, she can make those two moves (Ominous and Silver Wind) better by her ribbons?

Well if Jireh posted one then:
Sylveon@Sylveonite
Type
Fairy-->Fairy
Stats
95/65/65/110/130/60-->95/75/125/120/150/60
Ability- Cute Charm/Pixilate-->Touchy Feely(Uses Tickle on switch-in)
New Moves: Tickle

Concept: Sylveon becomes slightly creepier on mega evolving, with it's ribbons growing to enormous size. It's ribbons grow from all around it's body, reaching out for the opponent when attacking. When attacked, it wraps it's enormous ribbons around itself to protect itself.

Competitive: This thing is monstrous. It's nice bulk allows it to switch in on a physical attacker, allowing it to either set up calm mind, set up a wish, or just switch out into something that can take a -1 hit and kill back. It's still hard walled by steels, though.
I think we're on the same page where they definitely need different abilities, and if the base stats can be tweaked after the fact so that they're all symmetrical that's cool too. So far, all the winning Megas seem to keep the same general order where the 130 stat stays the highest, the 110 stays the 2nd highest, and every stat at least ends up getting some boosts, so eventually agreeing on something wouldn't be too tough since it would require at most a 5-10 point shift here or there.

For this upcoming slate, I don't have a good idea for either of the Grass/Ghosts. That one with the auto-Trick or Treat is cool, and it's too bad that Forest's Curse, which is clearly designed to be parallel, is not remotely as useful for Trevenant (although maybe an auto-Forest's Curse might make it CB Talonflame's favorite Mega teammate).

To be honest, I'm looking a bit ahead because I'm excited to see what (if anything) can be done to make Mega Unown an OU-viable Pokemon.
Honestly, I want to see the bulky eeveelutions(Vaporeon and Sylveon) get more balanced stats. 130/60/95 is great, but you are often left wishing for more physical bulk. If Vaporeon had like, 95-125 defense as Mega, that would be great, you know? A large boost to Sp. attack isn't really needed.

Last edited:
Flareon: 65/155/75/95/130/105 Fur Coat,

Well I think this is really, really cool. Loving the stat distributions here, and would be entirely for having them implemented with the movepool/ability changes we already voted on.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright guys here are the results, and there is another three way tie, #@$!

Clawitzer: jamashawalker
Mega Clawitzer
Type: Water--> Water/Dark
Ability: Mega Launcher-->Mega Launcher
New Moves: None
HP: 71 -> 71
Atk: 73 -> 73
Def: 88 -> 128(+40)
SpA: 120 -> 160 (+40)
SpD: 89 -> 129(+40)
Spe: 59 -> 39(-20)

Flavor concept: It's claw got massively large, that it is now just a claw with a crab attached to it. Thanks to the increase in claw size, it got slower and bulkier, living up to it's name of being a Howitzer.The dark typing is because it became more menacing upon M-evolution. Also the stripe upon it's eyes grows larger, making it more intimidating.

Competative: This thing is more powerful and bulkier than blastoise, but alot slower. Dark typing is great offensively, poor defensively. The additonal weaknesses makes this thing a prime canditate for U-turn/volt turn teams to abuse. Positives, secondary STAB with dark pulse allowing it to hit things that resist water with higher damage. What makes this thing balanced, is the drop in speed, other than that this thing is a beast!!

Sylveon: GG Unit
Mega Sylveon
Type: Fairy -> Fairy
Abilities: Cute Charm/Pixilate -> Fairy Mist (auto-Misty Terrain on the switch/Mega Evolution)
New Moves: N/A
HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 110 -> 135 (+25)
SpD: 130 -> 165 (+35)
Spe: 60 -> 70 (+10)

Without Pixilate, Mega Sylveon doesn't get boosted Hyper Voice, but underestimate STAB Moonblast from 135 base Special Attack at your own peril. Since Misty Terrain is essentially Safeguard that halves the power of all Dragon-type moves, Mega Sylveon can be even more of a team-oriented cleric than before as it doesn't have to worry about Toxic, Paralysis, Burn or Sleep interfering with Heal Bell or passing Wishes. The Misty Terrain also makes something like Prankster Thundurus a much worse check to Sylveon passing a Calm Mind or two to a speedy teammate.

Carbink: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Carbink
Type: Rock/Fairy -> Rock/Fairy
Ability: Clear Body/Sturdy -> Magic Bounce
New Moves: Earth Power

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 150 -> 200 (+50)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 150 -> 200 (+50)
Spe: 50 -> 50 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Carbink sheds its gray rock underbelly, revealing its crystal blue core.

Competitive Concept: Carbink takes its cue from big sister Diancie with a simple 50/50 boost, this time to its defenses instead of offense. It also gains Magic Bounce, much like Mega Diancie.

Mega Carbink may seem quaint, but it's deceptively effective: its defenses are barely below Shuckle's, and are more than made up for with a higher HP stat and better speed. Thanks to Magic Bounce, it won't wither away to Toxic, nor can it be Taunted by non-Mold Breakers. That latter half is especially worthwhile, as Carbink's shoddy offenses make it reliant on its utility movepool if it wants to help the team. Unstoppable Reflect, Light Screen, and Trick Room are nice (I considered Field Warp for this, but don't want it to outclass other megas like Xatu or Mr. Mime), but it can also use those defenses to run an incredibly bulky Calm Mind set; it can afford a few boosts to make its Special Attack salvageable, and with Moonblast, Power Gem, and Earth Power, it's only resisted by Bronzong.

Goodra: Tie between JayHankEdLyon, GG Unit, and zerobreaker000
Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Poison
Ability: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Regenerator (I know it's everywhere, but come on, this is a slug dragon)
New Moves: Poison Jab

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 120 (+50)
SpA: 110 -> 130 (+20)
SpD: 150 -> 180 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 60 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Goodra's tail and back are now covered by a massive snail shell. But it's not getting Shell Armor

Competitive Concept: More like Greatdra, amirite? Let's just sit back for a moment and bask in this bulk. 90/120/180, with Regenerator to boot and an immunity to Toxic. Ah, that's the stuff.

The question here isn't what makes Megoodra so awesome, as it's so easily answered. Great mixed offensive stats and movepool, mixed with amazing defensive stats, mixed with Sap Sipper or Gooey to help when it switches in and Regenerator to make up for its lack of recovery, mixed with a typing that resists Fire, Water, Grass (x4), Electric, Bug, Fighting, and Poison, and neutralizes Fairy from the equation. Y'all can figure out what to do with this monster. Want to run mixed? Special wallbreaker? Curse? Dragon Tail? Hell, Goodra can even play with Counter before switching out and regaining health.

The question is how anyone can stop Goodra when it can tank even super-effective Ice, Ground, Dragon, and lolPsychic moves and switch out like it's nothing. Well, for one, Steel handily walls Goodra's STAB coverage, and crucially, Goodra has no special-boosting moves to make that non-STAB Fire Blast hit any harder. Of course, as mentioned, it does get Curse, but that brings us to another flaw: its newly-lowered speed requires it to take not one, but two hits from most attackers before hitting back. While it handily absorbs Toxic Spikes, Goodra still can't deal with rocks or spikes, which can neutralize its Regenerator advantage. And finally, and this is the biggest reason why I'm okay with letting this monster loose, we're in a meta with all sorts of scary new offensive threats. Goodra's here to remind everyone, in case they forgot, that defense can be scary too.

Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Gooey
New Moves: Focus Punch, Power-Up Punch, Poison Jab
Atk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpA: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 80

Megas for All has unearthed so many new Dragon typing combinations that pure Dragon has become a relative rarity. Weak to Ice, Fairy, and Dragon, but with Mega Goodra's obscene Special tankiness and array of coverage moves, odds are it will be left standing if you try to take it down one-on-one. Physical attackers may have slightly more luck, but even they'll end up with lowered Speed. The new punches give physical and mixed sets credence: Focus Punch can easily do 50+ percent to Chansey, while PuP and Poison Jab mean that constantly switching in Fairies or Regenerators to prevent excessive Dragon Tail shuffling won't be as sound of a strategy.

Mega Goodra
Typing: Dragon ----> Dragon/Water
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey ----> Gooey
BST: 90/100/70/110/150/80 ----> 90/100/100/125/185/100
New Moves: Pain Split

I like the concept of Gooey, so I kept it on Mega Goodra. This discourages physical sweepers from going against Mega Goodra, and special attackers have to face off against its massive 185 Sp.Def. Pain Split gives it some non-reliable recovery; I originally wanted to give it Slack Off, but that might just break it. It doesn't have that high of a Sp.Atk though, so special walls should be able to wall it. Also, most bulky physical attackers don't care about the speed drop, which negates the advantage Mega Goodra has as well.

This post starts the submission period for Klefki, Trevenant, and both Meowstics

Ignore this some kind of glitch is refusing to let me delete it
The latter two will be done in a pair, you must submit both for them to get slated, and when voting you must vote for them as a pair, for example you are not allowed to vote for bob's male and richard's female, you must vote for either both of bob's meowstics or both of richard's submissions, also both submissions must have the same stat spread, although they can have different abillities and new moves, but unless you say so only that gender gets the new move, also please give Female the more offensive moves/abillty and Male the more supportive moves/ability

Goodra X, Y, and Z!

Or a runoff. Either one works.

Mega Klefki
Type: Steel/Fairy-> Steel/Fairy
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Shadow Tag

HP: 57 -> 57
Atk: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Def: 91 -> 116 (+25)
SpA: 80 -> 80 (+0)
SpD: 87 -> 112 (+25)
Spe: 75 -> 125 (+50)

Flavor Concept: Another few keyrings are latched to Klefki, each with their own further sets of keys. Like a windchime!

Competitive Concept: Shadow Tag is probably the most broken of all abilities. It got Wobbuffet and even little Wynaut banned in generations past, and it made Mega Gengar the first Mega to be booted from Gen VI despite ghosts' immunity to trapping and the free turn for the opponent to switch before mega evolution.

Klefki, lord of locks, is the perfect non-broken candidate for Shadow Tag, not only because of amazing flavor, but because of what Klefki does: fantastic team support. Unlike Gengar or Wobbuffet, Klefki can hardly guarantee a KO on its own. Its offensive stats aren't nearly powerful enough to seriously damage bulky mons, and its defenses, while nifty, can't stop offensive menaces. Foul Play is a powerful attacking option, but it only hits two types super effectively: Psychic, whose users don't often have very high Attack, and Ghost, whose users can escape from Shadow Tag anyway. Klefki can't stop anything with strong Fire or Ground attacks, which happen to be two of the most common coverage types out there.

But what CAN Klefki do? It can set up Spikes, spread status, and give your team screens on the opponent of its choice. Moreover, while Klefki's around (so long as it's already in its mega form) it destroys Choiced opponents that throw around Dragon moves willy-nilly. Toxic immunity especially aids its set-up potential in this regard.

Or, Klefki can use Calm Mind to make for a terrifying attacker despite its low starting Special Attack, with Flash Cannon, Dazzling Gleam, and Foul Play for perfect coverage. With no means to heal itself without substituting a move for Rest, it struggles to find the perfect opportunity to do this, especially in this meta where Choice users are bound to be less common thanks to megas everywhere.

Honestly, I'd love for this to win just so we can test it out and see what happens. If it ends up being broken we can revisit it, but it seems to me like a great, but not overwhelming force.

Mega Trevenant
Type: Ghost/Grass -> Ghost/Grass
Ability: Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest -> Cursed Body

HP: 85-> 85
Atk: 110-> 140 (+30)
Def: 76-> 106 (+30)
SpA: 65-> 65 (+0)
SpD: 82-> 122 (+40)
Spe: 56-> 56(+0)

Flavor Concept: Trevenant starts oozing out of cracked bits of bark as the ghost overtakes the tree.

Competitive Concept: Poor Trevenant is stuck without its wonderful Harvest niche, but worry not! This bulky tree just got a lot bulkier, no longer cowers quite as timidly against Knock Off, and welcomes a new, marvelous niche: Cursed Body Leech Seed.

While Cursed Body won't take effect once Trevenant's behind a substitute, its slow speed and heavy defenses means it has many chances to set up a sub after taking a hit, therefore potentially disabling the opponent. Moreover, thanks to Leech Seed and Horn Leech, any non-Grass mon is fodder for healing up, and it gets more opportunities than ever to set up if the foe's super-effective attack goes away. The beauty of Cursed Body that it's not confined to contact moves, letting Trev's higher invest in its higher Special Attack and, if there's room, ruining someone's day with Will o Wisp. Still, Protect is always nice for a seeder, and Ghost STAB, even if it's as weak as Shadow Claw or as annoying as Phantom Force, looks pretty great off that base 140 Attack. As ever, Trevenant is surprisingly versatile.

Finally, as with any pokemon with Frisk, Trevenant is blessed by a very handy pre-mega ability, particularly in this meta, where anything could be holding or bluffing a mega stone.

Mega Meowstic
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive(F)/Prankster(M) -> Protean(F)/Speed Boost(M)

New Moves: Moonblast (F), Baton Pass (M), Focus Blast (both)

HP: 74 -> 74
Atk: 48 -> 48 (+0)
Def: 76 -> 96 (+20)
SpA: 83 -> 113 (+30)
SpD: 81 -> 101 (+20)
Spe: 104 -> 134 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Obviously, their ears unfurl.

Competitive Concept: Offensive Female Meow and Supportive Male Meow both get their roles solidified by fantastic new abilities. Femeowstic's wide movepool, bolstered by a newfound Moonblast and Focus Blast, make her a brilliant Protean attacker. Her great speed and potential free Competitive boost only help matters, and given her perfect coverage with Shadow Ball and Focus Miss (or more accurate but imperfect Shadow Ball/Moonblast) she can afford to run Calm Mind to further boost her attack.

Male Meowstic, meanwhile, gets his already-great speed boosted with, well, Speed Boost. This gives him a similar role as his Prankster form, setting up fast utility, but also lets him pass improved stats thanks to his newfound Baton Pass. Think of it this way: every time he uses Calm Mind, he's essentially using Quiver Dance. Add his screen-setting prowess to the mix and you've got an amazing support mon.

For fun, both sexes can actually buck gender roles: Protean with that much speed actually has fantastic defensive properties for Female Meowstic, as she can gain quick resistances and immunities to Normal, Ghost, and Dragon using commonly-used moves. Moreover, Male Meowstic can be an offensive Speed Booster thanks to Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, and Psychic/Psyshock. Still, Female Meow can't do much else defensively, and Male Meowstic has to rely on an inaccurate Focus Blast for decent coverage.

Last edited:
Alright guys here are the results, and there is another three way tie, #@$!

Clawitzer: jamashawalker
Mega Clawitzer
Type: Water--> Water/Dark
Ability: Mega Launcher-->Mega Launcher
HP: 71 -> 71
Atk: 73 -> 73
Def: 88 -> 128(+40)
SpA: 120 -> 160 (+40)
SpD: 89 -> 129(+40)
Spe: 59 -> 39(-20)

Flavor concept: It's claw got massively large, that it is now just a claw with a crab attached to it. Thanks to the increase in claw size, it got slower and bulkier, living up to it's name of being a Howitzer.The dark typing is because it became more menacing upon M-evolution. Also the stripe upon it's eyes grows larger, making it more intimidating.

Competative: This thing is more powerful and bulkier than blastoise, but alot slower. Dark typing is great offensively, poor defensively. The additonal weaknesses makes this thing a prime canditate for U-turn/volt turn teams to abuse. Positives, secondary STAB with dark pulse allowing it to hit things that resist water with higher damage. What makes this thing balanced, is the drop in speed, other than that this thing is a beast!!

Sylveon: GG Unit
Mega Sylveon
Type: Fairy -> Fairy
Abilities: Cute Charm/Pixilate -> Fairy Mist (auto-Misty Terrain on the switch/Mega Evolution)
New Moves: N/A
HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 110 -> 135 (+25)
SpD: 130 -> 165 (+35)
Spe: 60 -> 70 (+10)

Without Pixilate, Mega Sylveon doesn't get boosted Hyper Voice, but underestimate STAB Moonblast from 135 base Special Attack at your own peril. Since Misty Terrain is essentially Safeguard that halves the power of all Dragon-type moves, Mega Sylveon can be even more of a team-oriented cleric than before as it doesn't have to worry about Toxic, Paralysis, Burn or Sleep interfering with Heal Bell or passing Wishes. The Misty Terrain also makes something like Prankster Thundurus a much worse check to Sylveon passing a Calm Mind or two to a speedy teammate.

Carbink: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Carbink
Type: Rock/Fairy -> Rock/Fairy
Ability: Clear Body/Sturdy -> Magic Bounce
New Moves: Earth Power

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 150 -> 200 (+50)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 150 -> 200 (+50)
Spe: 50 -> 50 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Carbink sheds its gray rock underbelly, revealing its crystal blue core.

Competitive Concept: Carbink takes its cue from big sister Diancie with a simple 50/50 boost, this time to its defenses instead of offense. It also gains Magic Bounce, much like Mega Diancie.

Mega Carbink may seem quaint, but it's deceptively effective: its defenses are barely below Shuckle's, and are more than made up for with a higher HP stat and better speed. Thanks to Magic Bounce, it won't wither away to Toxic, nor can it be Taunted by non-Mold Breakers. That latter half is especially worthwhile, as Carbink's shoddy offenses make it reliant on its utility movepool if it wants to help the team. Unstoppable Reflect, Light Screen, and Trick Room are nice (I considered Field Warp for this, but don't want it to outclass other megas like Xatu or Mr. Mime), but it can also use those defenses to run an incredibly bulky Calm Mind set; it can afford a few boosts to make its Special Attack salvageable, and with Moonblast, Power Gem, and Earth Power, it's only resisted by Bronzong.

Goodra: Tie between JayHankEdLyon, GG Unit, and zerobreaker000
Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Poison
Ability: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Regenerator (I know it's everywhere, but come on, this is a slug dragon)
New Moves: Poison Jab

Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 120 (+50)
SpA: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 60 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Goodra's tail and back are now covered by a massive snail shell. But it's not getting Shell Armor

Competitive Concept: More like Greatdra, amirite? Let's just sit back for a moment and bask in this bulk. 90/120/180, with Regenerator to boot and an immunity to Toxic. Ah, that's the stuff.

The question here isn't what makes Megoodra so awesome, as it's so easily answered. Great mixed offensive stats and movepool, mixed with amazing defensive stats, mixed with Sap Sipper or Gooey to help when it switches in and Regenerator to make up for its lack of recovery, mixed with a typing that resists Fire, Water, Grass (x4), Electric, Bug, Fighting, and Poison, and neutralizes Fairy from the equation. Y'all can figure out what to do with this monster. Want to run mixed? Special wallbreaker? Curse? Dragon Tail? Hell, Goodra can even play with Counter before switching out and regaining health.

The question is how anyone can stop Goodra when it can tank even super-effective Ice, Ground, Dragon, and lolPsychic moves and switch out like it's nothing. Well, for one, Steel handily walls Goodra's STAB coverage, and crucially, Goodra has no special-boosting moves to make that non-STAB Fire Blast hit any harder. Of course, as mentioned, it does get Curse, but that brings us to another flaw: its newly-lowered speed requires it to take not one, but two hits from most attackers before hitting back. While it handily absorbs Toxic Spikes, Goodra still can't deal with rocks or spikes, which can neutralize its Regenerator advantage. And finally, and this is the biggest reason why I'm okay with letting this monster loose, we're in a meta with all sorts of scary new offensive threats. Goodra's here to remind everyone, in case they forgot, that defense can be scary too.

Mega Goodra
Type: Dragon -> Dragon
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Gooey
New Moves: Focus Punch, Power-Up Punch, Poison Jab
Atk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpA: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 80

Megas for All has unearthed so many new Dragon typing combinations that pure Dragon has become a relative rarity. Weak to Ice, Fairy, and Dragon, but with Mega Goodra's obscene Special tankiness and array of coverage moves, odds are it will be left standing if you try to take it down one-on-one. Physical attackers may have slightly more luck, but even they'll end up with lowered Speed. The new punches give physical and mixed sets credence: Focus Punch can easily do 50+ percent to Chansey, while PuP and Poison Jab mean that constantly switching in Fairies or Regenerators to prevent excessive Dragon Tail shuffling won't be as sound of a strategy.

Mega Goodra
Typing: Dragon ----> Dragon/Water
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey ----> Gooey
BST: 90/100/70/110/150/80 ----> 90/100/100/125/185/100
New Moves: Pain Split

I like the concept of Gooey, so I kept it on Mega Goodra. This discourages physical sweepers from going against Mega Goodra, and special attackers have to face off against its massive 185 Sp.Def. Pain Split gives it some non-reliable recovery; I originally wanted to give it Slack Off, but that might just break it. It doesn't have that high of a Sp.Atk though, so special walls should be able to wall it. Also, most bulky physical attackers don't care about the speed drop, which negates the advantage Mega Goodra has as well.

This post starts the submission period for Klefki, Trevenant, and both Meowstics

Ignore this some kind of glitch is refusing to let me delete it
The latter two will be done in a pair, you must submit both for them to get slated, and when voting you must vote for them as a pair, for example you are not allowed to vote for bob's male and richard's female, you must vote for either both of bob's meowstics or both of richard's submissions, also both submissions must have the same stat spread, although they can have different abillities and new moves, but unless you say so only that gender gets the new move, also please give Female the more offensive moves/abillty and Male the more supportive moves/ability
For Goodra, I propose we combine the latter two. JayHankEdLyon's submission seems distinctly overpowered with such phenomenal stats and Regenerator. Anyway, on to the next slate of submissions:
Type: Steel/Fairy -> Steel/Fairy
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Deep Penetration (This Pokemon’s draining moves deal 2x damage) (Please help me come up with a better name)
New Moves: Parabolic Charge, Giga Drain

Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 91 -> 111 (+20)
SpA: 80 -> 125 (+45)
SpD: 87 -> 102 (+15)
Spe: 75 -> 95 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Klefki uses its keys to delve deep into the opponent’s HP, dealing 2x damage with draining moves. Parabolic Charge and Giga Drain are added to help with the ability.

Competitive Concept: Klefki uses its odd coverage with draining moves to patch its poor HP stat. With the help of a well-timed TWave, Mega Klefki might be able to sweep an unprepared team.
Ability: Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest -> Natural Cure

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 110 -> 170 (+60)
Def: 76 -> 106 (+30)
SpA: 65 -> 65
SpD: 82 -> 102 (+20)
Spe: 56 -> 46 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Mega Trevenant grows much fatter and bends over, kinda like Mega Abomasnow and Mega Gengar.

Competitive Concept: Bulky wallbreaker that comes in, deals damage, and Rests up before switching out. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple opposing attackers, but it’ll generally want Grass/Ghost/Ground coverage.
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Fairy
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam

Atk: 48 -> 58 (+10)
SpA: 83 -> 123 (+40)
SpD: 81 -> 101 (+20)
Spe: 104 -> 114 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Fairy because they’re pretty damn Fairy-like. Dazzling Gleam is just for STAB.
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Prankster -> Magic Circle (When this Pokemon uses one of Light Screen or Reflect, the other one is used too)

Flavor Concept: The ultimate support mon is given the ability to set up both screens in one turn with one moveslot. Not too far-fetched.

Competitive Concept: As mentioned before, Mega Meowstic Male is the ultimate support Pokemon. On its first turn in, it can abuse Prankster’s speed before MEvo-ing and setting up both screens. Thunder Wave can further inhibit the opponent’s offensive capabilities, which leaves room for two attacks.
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive -> Protean

Flavor Concept: Mega Meowstic Female gains enough knowledge to be able to shift between types.

Competitive Concept: Powerful sweeper with excellent stats and a decent movepool. Dark Pulse/Dazzling Gleam provides phenomenal coverage, which can then be backed up by any of Psyshock, Energy Ball, and Thunderbolt. Mega Female Meowstic is no longer to be trifled with; it is a serious offensive threat.
BTW I dislike my Klefki, so unless everyone else seems to love it, I probably won't be voting for it.

Last edited:
For Goodra, I propose we combine the latter two. JayHankEdLyon's submission seems distinctly overpowered with such phenomenal stats and Regenerator.
As I said in my submission, Goodra is walled by Steel types and is slow enough that all these high-powered Mega attackers get two hits on it before it can move. Regardless, though, the three submissions are distinct enough that I really think a run-off would be the simplest way to go here.

As I said in my submission, Goodra is walled by Steel types and is slow enough that all these high-powered Mega attackers get two hits on it before it can move. Regardless, though, the three submissions are distinct enough that I really think a run-off would be the simplest way to go here.
Fire Blast a thing... Also, I fail to see how superior speed allows the opponent to get two hits off before Goodra can get one.

As for the other two, they aren't distinct enough to merit their own megas. Similar stat distributions and the same ability.

Fire Blast a thing... Also, I fail to see how superior speed allows the opponent to get two hits off before Goodra can get one.
Fire Blast with an unboostable Special Attack. And Goodra has to switch in, and then take another hit if it wants to attack.

Any special wall is a dead stop to it, and it's in a meta full of high-attacking monsters whose Earthquakes and Outrages and Draco Meteors wear it down.

I guess this is an argument now? You can have the last word if you want but I'm done for now, because this should be slate submissions at this point and any decision about Goodra will come later.

In any case, your Female Meowstic is very similar to mine.

Mega Meowstic-F
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive -> Reflector (auto-Reflect on switch/Mega Evolution)
New Moves: Focus Blast
Atk: 48 -> 48
Def: 76 -> 101 (+25)
SpD: 81 -> 106 (+25)
Spe: 104 -> 124 (+20)

Mega Meowstic-M
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Prankster -> Projector (auto-Light Screen on switch/Mega Evolution)
New Moves: U-turn
Def: 76 -> 101 (+25)
Spe: 104 -> 124 (+20)

A lot of Megas have gotten some really cool support abilities, like auto-Trick Room, auto-terrain moves, auto-Aromatherapy, doubled duration of field effects, and so on. The abilities for these Mega Meowstics cast a renewed light on Pokemon's original team support moves, Reflect and Light Screen. A temporary Fur Coat/Paint Shield also goes a long way towards patching Meowstic's 74 base HP so it isn't necessarily relegated to setting up screens and getting out of the way; Meowstic-F in particular can serve as a stand-alone offensive threat due to its ability to set up in front of a wide variety of opponents with Reflect + Calm Mind. While these abilities can turn any of Mega Meowstic's teammates into an even more fearsome bulky set-up sweeper, keep in mind that the ever-present Defog removes screens in addition to entry hazards.

*also the ability names aren't very good and any suggestions are welcome.

Male Mewostic (Meowsticite M)
Abilities: Keen Eye, Infiltrator (Prankster) -> Prankster
New Moves: Recover, Baby-doll Eyes

SpD: 81 -> 91 (+10)
BST: 466 -> 566

Hilariously, Baby-doll Eyes has +2 priority thanks to Prankster.

Female Meowstic (Meowsticite F)
Abilities: Keen Eye, Infiltrator (Competitive) -> Competitive
New Moves: Focus Blast, Ice Beam

SpD: 81 -> 91 (+10)
BST: 466 -> 566

Same stats, keeping their hidden abilities, but different moves.
Klefki (Klefkinite)
Abilities: Prankster (Magician) -> Prankster
New Moves: Aura Sphere

Def: 91 -> 121 (+30)
SpA: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpD: 87 -> 97 (+10)
Spe: 75 -> 105 (+30)
BST: 470 -> 570

Klefki unfortunatley sits in BL. With a great typing, ability, and improved stats, it should see use.
Trevenant (Trevenantite)
Abilities: Natural Cure, Frisk (Harvest) -> Shiver
New Moves: Aromatherapy

Atk: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Def: 76 -> 106 (+30)
SpD: 82 -> 132 (+50)
Spe: 56 -> 46 (-10)
BST: 474 -> 574

Look at how spooky this thing is, doesn't it make you shiver?
The combination of Shiver and Will-o-Wisp allows Trevenant to swirch in and weaken attackers while threatening them with 140 Atk.

Last edited:
Ability: Prankster/Magician -> Unlocker (This Pokemon can remove doors and see through fake walls. Screens and Safeguards are removed and cannot be set while this mon is in play. Effects enemies only)

Def: 91 -> 106 (+25)
SpA: 80 -> 80
SpD: 87 -> 122 (+35)
Spe: 75 -> 115 (+40)

Concept: Do I gotta explain how thieves can see fake walls? I suppose I don't. Its role SHOULD be obvious. Anti-stallish.

Ability: Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Head Smash

Atk: 110 -> 149 (+39)
Def: 76 -> 120 (+44)
SpD: 82 -> 115 (+33)
Spe: 56 -> 40 (-16)

Flavor Concept: Smashing your head stump first or using STAB Wood Hammer is a brutal endeavor especially when you have Rock Head+ on your side. Slow, but ridiculously durable stats and typing let it stay in and bash things up, and Leech Seeds can only help further.

Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Electric
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive(F)/Prankster(M) -> Adaptability(F)/Levitate(M)

New Moves: Thunderbolt (F), Discharge (M), Nuzzle, Volt Switch (both)

Atk: 48
Spe: 104 -> 119 (+15)

Concept: Thundercats, HOOOO! That's right bitches! Become a thundercat who can adapt to any situation as most girls can, or be a man... and float on your zen shit or something! Annoying as hell! Plus Electric isn't bad neutral coverage for Psychic.

Fire Blast with an unboostable Special Attack. And Goodra has to switch in, and then take another hit if it wants to attack.

Any special wall is a dead stop to it, and it's in a meta full of high-attacking monsters whose Earthquakes and Outrages and Draco Meteors wear it down.

I guess this is an argument now? You can have the last word if you want but I'm done for now, because this should be slate submissions at this point and any decision about Goodra will come later.

In any case, your Female Meowstic is very similar to mine.
So I wouldn't say Scizor or Ferrothorn "walls" Goodra. Anyway, sorry about the MMF thing; I figured it would be okay since we're voting for the pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)