XY OU The Dragon's Wrath, The Genetic Code, and The Forest Dweller

Hey Smogon! You got TheKingKarp here, ready to showcase a team that I built! I'm hoping that you guys can help me fix up this team, as it has done pretty well so far but I know that it is far from perfect. First things first If you would like to see the team in action, instead of posting replays, I have live recordings I post on YouTube in which you can see the team perform and my thought process during battle. My YouTube link should be in my signature but if you don't want to scroll all the way down there just click here to go to my channel. The battles that I have posted with this team should be Pokemon Showdown Battles 40-43. Click here so you can go directly to the playlist. Finally, let's make this a fun and respectful environment, if you disagree with anything make sure you say so in a kind, respectful manner. Lastly any similarities to teams you have seen are purely coincidental as I made this team from scratch. Okay I apologize for the wall of text lets get into the TeamBuilding process :]

I hated Stallbreaker Mew, it had just 6-0 my entire team. I decided to look for A 'mon who could stop Mew in its tracks. I found out that both Mega Charizard Forms were capable of this, now I had to choose. I chose Mega Charizard X because I love using Dragon Dancers and Zard is by far the best one.

Now I was hearing stuff about people saying the standard Mega Charizard X set was no good because of all the Azumarill, Landorus-T, and Slowbro, I thought to myself, well a Stallbreaker Mew (ironically enough) can stop those 'mons. It also seemed like a solid defogger for my Zard X.

I was beginning to realize that Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Bisharp could give our poor little Mew trouble, I decided I needed something to handle +2 Bisharp. Jolly Breloom seemed like a perfect fit! Not only could it outspeed Bisharp's Sucker Punch with Mach Punch (assuming Bisharp was adamant) it also had Spore! I thought about Keldeo which resists both of Bisharp's STABs and also Terrakion which could set up Rocks and get a Justified boost. I'm still on the fence when it comes to this teamslot as any of those three could fit, as of now I'm sticking with Breloom

I realized that fast offense would destroy this team, especially because the rest of my team was generally pretty slow. I decided to add Greninja as an offensive check to Keldeo, Lati@s, Gengar, Terrakion, and other 'mons. It also could do major damage to Mega Venusaur The team was also lacking a Special Attacker so I figured Greninja would be a good fit

Landorus-T was added because the team needed a scarfer and LandoT seemed like the best option, plus it takes care of Heatran which our Charizard has trouble dealing with because it runs Roost over EQ. Intimidate was an added perk, able to check opposing Zard X and physical attackers in general :]

Rotom Wash was added last, and I will be completely honest with you, I just added it because I was going to record a video and didn't have a 6th 'mon. I chose Rotom-W over anything else because you can tell our team is pretty dang weak to birdspam and just Talonflame in general so Rotom-W was added as mainly a pivot switch.

The Team
At a glance

"Neither Skarmory's steel plated armor
nor Mega Venusaur's thick fat
could withstand the Dragon's Wrath"

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: (Blaze) Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost / Earthquake
Say hello to the star of the show! Mega Charizard X is one of the Strongest pokemon in the OU Tier! It sets itself apart from the other prominent Dragon Dance users in two ways! First of all it cannot be burnt, Will-O-Wisp is no longer a problem for this thing. This is something Mega Gyarados or Mega Tyranitar cannot boast! An immunity to burn makes this thing's sweeping potential very scary. Second of all its ability allows it to only have to set up one Dragon Dance to sweep a majority of the tier, and if it sets up to +2 you might as well say goodbye to your team. The EV's are standard, with 4 in SpD because you want an odd HP number. Jolly Nature is preferred over Adamant because I prefer Speed. People always tell me that everyone runs Adamant so you should too for the power, but in my opinion that is more incentive to run Jolly! The Moves are fairly obvious Dragon Dance and STAB. Roost is questionable, and I honestly want to try Earthquake for Heatran but Roost helps me so I can set up on burnt physical attackers or weak walls that have no way of touching me.

"The genetic code,
the originator to all Pokemon
clears the way for the Dragon's wrath
crippling any who oppose"

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
The most annoying Pokemon in the tier at the moment! Mew refuses to die! Leftovers is an obvious choice as getting 1/16th of your health back per turn is really nice! Mews only ability Synchronize helps punish status users who try to cripple us. The EV's are fairly simple: Max HP for the best mixed bulk. 152 Speed EVs allows it to outspeed Jolly Mega Heracross and burn it. NOTE: You will not outspeed Mega Heracross the turn it Mega Evolves! The rest of the EVs are put into special defense to better handle Greninja and Landorus! Careful nature makes Mew even more specially bulky while not limiting Knock Off's power. The moves are pretty simple as well! Knock Off is very good this generation and Knocking Off leftovers, life orbs, choice items is really nice! It also allows Mew to scout for which Pokemon is Mega on the opponents side! Will-O-Wisp is good as it gives Mew really good mixed bulk, being able to shut down powerful physical attackers is really nice! Defog is the only thing odd on this set as usually Mew would run taunt. I am forced to run Defog because Charizard is 4 times weak to rocks before it mega evolves and after Mega Evolving 2 times weak to rocks. Mew is a really reliable Defogger because of its ability to gain so many free turns. I do miss Taunt on this thing though. Taunt was really nice for shutting down defensive Pokemon and without Taunt, Mew can no longer 6-0 Stall. Soft-Boiled is there for reliable recovery and keeping Mew healthy throughout the battle

"The Forest Dweller, is rarely seen
forever honing his lightning-fast punches
They say even slight contact with the spores he releases
will put you into the deepest of sleeps"

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Breloom is very underrated at the moment! It is my choice over Keldeo and Terrakion because of its Grass typing, resisting Earthquake is a very nice thing to have. There are not many prominent Grass types in the tier that resist Ground, even Mega Venusaur is neutral! This is just the standard Focus Sash lead but believe it or not, I tend to never lead with this! Most people, when they see Breloom always expect you to lead with it, so instead they lead with something that beats it 1V1. I almost always use this to my advantage as usually from the start I can get a good match up and gain momentum! Technician is the obvious ability as it powers up all of my offensive moves! The EV's are pretty standard and Jolly nature is to make sure I outspeed Adamant Bisharp's Sucker Punch. (+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 167-197 (63.9 - 75.4%) as you can see it hurts especially at +2. Spore is really good on Breloom as you can neutralize a big threat to your team for a couple turns. It also helps Zard in sweeping as it can set up a Dragon Dance on a sleeping target! Mach Punch is a very powerful priority move, only weaker than Talonflame's Brave Bird and STAB Sucker Punch (in terms of base power). It also helps if any Mega Gyarados or Mega Tyranitar go out of control and set up 2 Dragon Dances as it does 55 percent minimum to Mega Gyara and almost OHKO's Mega Tyranitar. You could run Adamant to have a 25% chance to OHKO Mega Tyranitar but I don't find it to be worth it. Bullet Seed is reliable STAB and Rock Tomb is nice to catch flying types (Talonflame, Charizard) it also has a nifty Speed drop which helps when you catch a faster Pokemon on the switch!

"A ninja frog,
A jack of all trades
so fast, so deadly
you won't know what hit you"

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja is my check to extremely offensive teams. It outspeed a major portion of the metagame and its ability allows it to make up for its mediocre Special Attack stat! Life Orb is the best option for Greninja as it gets a boost to all of its offensive moves at the cost of 10% of its health. EV's are simple and Timid nature is necessary on such a naturally fast 'mon. Hydro Pump is just obligatory STAB, even though Greninja gets STAB on everything. I use Hydro Pump because all of the Higher Level players tend to use it. I don't understand so if someone could show me and notable OHKO's/2HKO's Hydro Pump attains over Surf that would be much appreciated. Extrasensory is necessary as Mega Venusaur is quite bulky and I need something to hit her Super-Effectively. Ice Beam is really nice as Ice STAB moves are very good in the tier at the moment! Hidden Power Fire is there to OHKO's Bisharp and have a pretty solid shot at OHKO'ing Ferrothorn!​

"An intimidating face is
not all he has
When he walks
The very ground shakes"

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian is probably the best Scarfer in the tier at the moment! Intimidate is really great in this metagame filled to the brim with physical attackers! Intimidate is really good ability! Scarf Lando outspeeds all of the relevant threats in the metagame and has such a high Attack Stat that it acts as the perfect revenge killer. The EVs are extremely standard and Jolly nature is for the maximum amount of speed as it allows it to outspeed Gyarados at +1. The moves are pretty standard EdgeQuake and Knock Off is pretty good for Lati@s and other ghost and psychic types. Lastly U-Turn is good to gain momentum and is generally a good move to have on a scarfer. Landorus-T mainly gets rid of Heatran as our Zard X cannot touch it. It also serves as an offensive check to Greninja and Manectric as it still OHKO's Mega Manectric at -1

"Even the strongest of flames
and the most powerful winds
cannot faze this beast"

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom Wash is our obligatory check to BirdSpam, as you can see Talonflame itself OHKO's or 2HKO's the team and Rotom Wash is necessary if I want to win against it. Unfortunately Rotom makes the team a little bit too watery as we already have Greninja. This teamslot is very customizable as I just threw on Rotom-Wash and other Pokemon could be better for the team. This is just the standard Physically Defensive Rotom-W. It has enough speed EV's to outspeed Jolly Azumarill. The moves are standard as I wish Rotom-W got scald over Hydro Pump but we can all dream. Pain Split is there for semi-reliable recovery and Volt Switch is nice for momentum!

Don't worry this RMT isn't over yet!

Mega Aerodactyl- Rotom-W, Lando-T
Mega Alakazam- Lando-T, Mew
Mega Ampharos- Lando-T
Azumarill: Belly Drum- Rotom-W Choice Band- Mew, Rotom-W Assault Vest- Mew, Rotom-W

Bisharp: SD- Breloom Pursuit-Breloom
Mega Blastoise- Breloom
Breloom: Lead- Mew SD-Mew Zard
Mega Charizard X: DD-Lando-T Bulky Wisp- Greninja, Lando-T
Mega Charizard Y- Revenge Kill Lando-T, Breloom if sash still intact
Conkeldurr: AV- Zard X can set up on it pretty good against the team
- Crawdaunt: SD- Breloom CB-Breloom
Diggersby- Non Scarf-Greninja Breloom, Mew if adamant, Rotom-W
Dragonite: CB- Rotom-W, Lando-T DD-Mew, Rotom Wash, Lando-T Greninja
Dugtrio every team member
Entei: CB pretty scary have to revenge kill with Lando,
Espeon: Everything except Breloom
Excadrill: Sand Rush: Rotom-W, Breloom Scarf- Breloom, Lando-T
Garchomp: Sash-Rotom-W Greninja Scarf- Rotom-W
Mega Garchomp- Greninja
Mega Gardevoir- Mew Lando-T revenge kill from 88%
Gengar-Lando-T revenge kill, Greninja
Greninja- Cannot 2HKO Mew
Gyarados- Rotom-W
Mega Gyara- Revenge kill by Lando-T or Breloom
Honchkrow-Greninja, Rotom-W
Heatran: Scarf- Lando-T SpDef- Lando-T or Greninja Breloom from 50%
Mega Heracross- Mew outspeeds and Wisps, Zard
Mega Houndoom: Nasty Plot- Loom from 75% Lando-T revenge kill Mixed- Same
Kabutops: Breloom, Rotom-W
Keldeo- Specs- Destroys the team, doesn't help that Keldeo is really common. I can revenge kill with Greninja, Scarf and CM variants aren't as tough to beat
Kyurem-Black: Sub- Breloom, Scarf- Breloom
Landorus- No switchins lol Mew handles it alright, greninja
Landorus-T Scarf- Pretty tough to deal with Rocks- Greninja
Latias- Mew, Greninja
Latios-Mew, Greninja
Lucario- Breloom, Rotom Wash
Magenzone- Lando-T, Breloom, Mew
Mamoswine: Sash- Breloom, Rotom-W LO- Breloom, Greninja
Manaphy- Tail Glow- Greninja, Breloom with Sash, Lando-T
Mega Manectric- Lando-T
Mega Medicham- Jolly variants Mew
Mega Pinsir- Rotom-W
Mega Salamence: MixMence, Greninja Dragon Dance- Lando-T
Scizor- Greninja, Mew (non U-turn)
Mega Scizor: Bulky SD- Gren or Mew
Staraptor- Scarf or CB: No switchins
Talonflame- Rotom-W
Terrakion- Rotom-W Mew
Thundurus- Mew Lando-T revenge
Tyranitar- Mew and Breloom
Mega Tyranitar- Breloom
Mega Venusaur- Greninja not much else can touch it
Alomomola: Rotom-W or Breloom
Celebi- Charizard X or Greninja
Chansey- Breloom or Mew Knock Off
Chesnaught- Greninja
Ferrothorn- Greninja Zard
Forretress- Greninja Zard
Gliscor- Greninja
Heatran- Landorus-T
Hippowdon- Greninja
Mew- Zard X sets up for free
Porygon2- Breloom
Quagsire-Breloom
Skarmory-Greninja

Slowbro- Annoying hard to deal with, hope breloom can muscle through
Sylveon- Landorus-T and Breloom can revenge it just hope to weakin it
Tentacruel- Zard X sets up pretty easy on it
Wobbuffet- Mew
Zapdos- Greninja and Zard X can set up if discharge doesnt get lucky

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Conclusion
There are a couple things I think we need to do with this team
  1. Move Defog from Mew to another Team slot (preferrably the Rotom-W slot) Defog is nice on Mew but Taunt would be SO much better
  2. Have a better check to Keldeo as it is very common at the moment
  3. Add Hazards somewhere on this team
I've thought about it I could at Lati@s as defog support and add defensive landorus-t with rocks which deals with Keldeo and Bird Spam. But now we lost a scarfer that we defintiely need it also adds a pretty big dark/psychic weakness!

Everyone's suggestions are much appreciated. I've put a lot of time into this RMT so I would prefer if you gave me some quality feedback so I can improve this team! This is by far one of the more successful teams I've made and I want to see it reach its full potential! Thanks so much for reading :]

This is TheKingKarp signing off, peace out guys keep it fresh :]

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey TheKingKarp how's it going.

Still wrapping my head around the last 3 things you wanted in your conclusion and how it can all be incorporated into one without changing the team around too much. For now though I'll just make a pointer about Charizard X since it's less dependent on some of the changes you want and functions pretty well on its own.

Charizard X:

So the full speed isn't really necessary unless you're trying to speed tie other base 100s, which makes sense in the case of opposing Zards and Timid M-Gard if that's what you want. If that isn't the case however a spread of 240hp/108atk/160speed can be used in tandem with Roost + Jolly Nature which I figured you would've liked to keep for the nature. Normally you would switch around the attack and speed EVs but the speed EVs give you the advantage of outrunning everything up to Jolly non sand boosted Excadrills (Scarfed as well if you managed plus +1 before hand), which also allows you to outrun some things like Adamant M-Medicham and M-Heracross regardless of nature or if it has mega evolved or not. Considering most other Zards only run as much as 216 on neutral speed natures these days unless they are purposely trying to speed creep, you'll have the advantage for those as well.

That's all I got for now. Keep up the good work.

Hey TheKingKarp how's it going.

Still wrapping my head around the last 3 things you wanted in your conclusion and how it can all be incorporated into one without changing the team around too much. For now though I'll just make a pointer about Charizard X since it's less dependent on some of the changes you want and functions pretty well on its own.

Charizard X:

So the full speed isn't really necessary unless you're trying to speed tie other base 100s, which makes sense in the case of opposing Zards and Timid M-Gard if that's what you want. If that isn't the case however a spread of 240hp/108atk/160speed can be used in tandem with Roost + Jolly Nature which I figured you would've liked to keep for the nature. Normally you would switch around the attack and speed EVs but the speed EVs give you the advantage of outrunning everything up to Jolly non sand boosted Excadrills (Scarfed as well if you managed plus +1 before hand), which also allows you to outrun some things like Adamant M-Medicham and M-Heracross regardless of nature or if it has mega evolved or not. Considering most other Zards only run as much as 216 on neutral speed natures these days unless they are purposely trying to speed creep, you'll have the advantage for those as well.

That's all I got for now. Keep up the good work.
thanks man and ya I understand how you feel. I'll definitely test Mega Zard X! If it is any help to you the Rotom-W slot is completely interchangeable. I really don't care for Rotom-W on the team, and if you have to change that Pokemon all together I don't care

Hey, i've tested ur team and have to say, its pretty strong!

the VoltTurn core with rotom-landorusT is awesome, but the team really work better replacing Rotom-W with the basic Latias set, giving Taunt to Mew that is really nice:

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Mew @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
but, for my taste, I experienced replacing Greninja for Latias and keeping the VoltTurn core, try it!

If u want to keep greninja, maybe you can try Hidden Power Grass or Ground instead of Fire, since u use Extrasensory to deal with Mega Venusaur.

Awesome team man, i like it a lot!

Hey, i've tested ur team and have to say, its pretty strong!

the VoltTurn core with rotom-landorusT is awesome, but the team really work better replacing Rotom-W with the basic Latias set, giving Taunt to Mew that is really nice:

but, for my taste, I experienced replacing Greninja for Latias and keeping the VoltTurn core, try it!

If u want to keep greninja, maybe you can try Hidden Power Grass or Ground instead of Fire, since u use Extrasensory to deal with Mega Venusaur.

Awesome team man, i like it a lot!
thanks man! i'll definitely test all of your changes! just wondering did you have any trouble with bisharp/tyranitar once you added latias?

I have been trying this team out and feel breloom is a weak spot in the team. Would love to talk to you in an faster medium, IE not postings

Hey Karp! Nice team ya got there, especially with Mew - nice to see something different! Anyway, I've got some ideas that may or may not appeal to you (I have not tested these edits FYI).

1.) Replace Rotom with Latias, as it allows taunt to be added to Mew, grants teammates a potential extra life with healing wish, and gives you a reliable answer to Venu - CeloSousuke's spread would work nicely.

2.) Change Lando-T's spread to this:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Rock Slide/Stone Edge

This allows your team to reliably set up rocks, as well as giving your team a physical wall/pivot since rotom is gone. 4 Spe is to outspeed Jolly Azu.

3.) This is gonna sound crazy, but I've gotten destroyed by this set once, and I recommend you try it out to see how well it fairs with your team:

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore/Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb/Mach Punch

This gives your team the scarfer/revenge killer you need, and adds a little suprise factor as well, while still keeping the nice FWG core. While Mach Punch may seem odd on a scarf set, it actually can save you in certain situations (my opponent was able to win because he had this). If you decide not to run Rock Tomb, then be sure to add a rock move to Lando-T. 216 Spe allows Breloom to outspeed Greninja.

I hope you give these a try, but if in the end you end up disliking my suggestions, I would recommend changing Scarfed Lando-T's spread to this:

Adamant
140 HP / 156 Ata / 212 Spe

This investment allows you to outspeed Mega Manectric, while giving you a greater damage outsput and some extra bulk, to utilize intimidate better.

All in all, your team looks pretty solid, and be sure to try out those edits and see what you think - see ya on showdown fren :]

Hey Karp! Nice team ya got there, especially with Mew - nice to see something different! Anyway, I've got some ideas that may or may not appeal to you (I have not tested these edits FYI).

1.) Replace Rotom with Latias, as it allows taunt to be added to Mew, grants teammates a potential extra life with healing wish, and gives you a reliable answer to Venu - CeloSousuke's spread would work nicely.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This allows your team to reliably set up rocks, as well as giving your team a physical wall/pivot since rotom is gone. 4 Spe is to outspeed Jolly Azu.

3.) This is gonna sound crazy, but I've gotten destroyed by this set once, and I recommend you try it out to see how well it fairs with your team:

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Spore/Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb/Mach Punch

This gives your team the scarfer/revenge killer you need, and adds a little suprise factor as well, while still keeping the nice FWG core. While Mach Punch may seem odd on a scarf set, it actually can save you in certain situations (my opponent was able to win because he had this). If you decide not to run Rock Tomb, then be sure to add a rock move to Lando-T. 216 Spe allows Breloom to outspeed Greninja.

I hope you give these a try, but if in the end you end up disliking my suggestions, I would recommend changing Scarfed Lando-T's spread to this:

Adamant

This investment allows you to outspeed Mega Manectric, while giving you a greater damage outsput and some extra bulk, to utilize intimidate better.

All in all, your team looks pretty solid, and be sure to try out those edits and see what you think - see ya on showdown fren :]
You have an extra 32 EV on the Breloom did you mean 248 Atk? I have also changed the Lando to be the offensive pivot and have had much success with it, not fearing revenge bird at all. I just started the ladder to be fair but still, worked sometimes.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Spore/Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb/Mach Punch

Adamant

hey fren :] thanks for the rate just got back from Vaca! :] I will definitely implement your changes and try team out! Scarf Breloom looks really interesting and I actually just recently ran into it on the ladder! I'll test it out and let you know how it works! :] thanks for the suggestions

I would make Mew your hazard setter and get rid of Landorus-T for Banded Scizor as your revenge killer/pivot. Because right now if they have rocks up and they send in a Megardevoir you lose the battle.

I would make Mew your hazard setter and get rid of Landorus-T for Banded Scizor as your revenge killer/pivot. Because right now if they have rocks up and they send in a Megardevoir you lose the battle.
youre correct Mega Gard is a problem! Thank's for pointing that out, I'll test it out a bit

Hey man, nice team, but i thought it had Gyarados from your avatar... hahaha, it does not matter.

First of, charizard does not need of so much speed evs, and with a jolly nature after a dragon dance he does not outspeed any notable things. I would suggest you to change it with an adamant nature with a spread of 192 hp / 208 Atk / 108 Spe. With this spread you can ohko keldeo after a single boost with the stealth rock help and you'll also be able to outspeed bisharp, the bulk will also help you roosting off damage. ;)

Now, about your team, I noticed a weakness against latios and keldeo. Nothing on your team can enter against draco meteor and each times he fires one you'll lose a member (one or 2hko on any member).
Keldeo is also problematic, a bad switch can cost one of your 'mon, considering keldeo's popularity, this might be troublesome for you. Greninja and breloom are 2hkoed from hydro pump. mew also cannot be a solid stallbreaker without taunt.. he'll end up being, sadly, set up fodder against defensive 'mons like clefable, heatran and chansey, who do not care about wow

Additionaly, charizard, like any other sweeper lol, needs stealth rock support.as such, to wrap it up I would suggest you this changes:

Scarf heatran over greninja might give you a solid option against lati@s, since very few runs surf nowadays, heatran also gives you a steel type, much needed for this team, while also backs up your team by checking threats like flying spam

After that, i would suggest you latias over rotom-w, now that heatran is here flying spam isn't that problematic, and latias can help you against keldeo, landorus-i non-knock off thundurus and other problematic stuff for you, while also helping charizard x with healing wish and defog support if the need arise

in the end, you might consider using landorus-therian as a bulky pivot, now that you have scarftran, this way you'll easily gain stealth rocks in the team, without changing too much your team.
Also, be wary of mamoswine, I would suggest you to give mew enough speed in order to outspeed him.

I hope i helped you ;)

EVs: 192 HP / 208 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 200 HP / 48 Atk / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Hey man, nice team, but i thought it had Gyarados from your avatar... hahaha, it does not matter.

First of, charizard does not need of so much speed evs, and with a jolly nature after a dragon dance he does not outspeed any notable things. I would suggest you to change it with an adamant nature with a spread of 192 hp / 208 Atk / 108 Spe. With this spread you can ohko keldeo after a single boost with the stealth rock help and you'll also be able to outspeed bisharp, the bulk will also help you roosting off damage. ;)

Now, about your team, I noticed a weakness against latios and keldeo. Nothing on your team can enter against draco meteor and each times he fires one you'll lose a member (one or 2hko on any member).
Keldeo is also problematic, a bad switch can cost one of your 'mon, considering keldeo's popularity, this might be troublesome for you. Greninja and breloom are 2hkoed from hydro pump. mew also cannot be a solid stallbreaker without taunt.. he'll end up being, sadly, set up fodder against defensive 'mons like clefable, heatran and chansey, who do not care about wow

Additionaly, charizard, like any other sweeper lol, needs stealth rock support.as such, to wrap it up I would suggest you this changes:

Scarf heatran over greninja might give you a solid option against lati@s, since very few runs surf nowadays, heatran also gives you a steel type, much needed for this team, while also backs up your team by checking threats like flying spam

After that, i would suggest you latias over rotom-w, now that heatran is here flying spam isn't that problematic, and latias can help you against keldeo, landorus-i non-knock off thundurus and other problematic stuff for you, while also helping charizard x with healing wish and defog support if the need arise

in the end, you might consider using landorus-therian as a bulky pivot, now that you have scarftran, this way you'll easily gain stealth rocks in the team, without changing too much your team.
Also, be wary of mamoswine, I would suggest you to give mew enough speed in order to outspeed him.

I hope i helped you ;)

EVs: 192 HP / 208 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 200 HP / 48 Atk / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish
I agree with all of these changes they seem really solid and dont open up many holes on the team! I'll implement them later! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)