Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you mean by a sandstorm tournament, but if you're using Mismagius as wall, I'm pretty sure Cofagrigus outclasses it as a Ghost-Type wall since it has better defensive stats overall, though if you need defensive Pokemon, there are usually better options than Cofagrigus if you're not using Trick Room. As for your last 2, you may benefit from having strong wallbreakers to make it easier for Hawlucha to sweep. Since you have Politoad and can benefit from Rain-boosted hits, Keldeo, Kingdra, Kabutops and Omastar might be good ones to consider.
So can you make a team out of this then? (Want Hawlucha in my team since favorite pokemon) just pick the six that are best i am going to do EV's and such

Pangoro
Condelkurr
Aerodactyl
Gardevoir
Blastoise
Flortzel
Hippowdon
Scizor
Flortzel
Flygon
Ninjask
Mismagius

I'm considering replacing my Sylveon with another similar pokemon.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Would a Clefable with Wish and Aromatherapy be a viable choice. I play a stall team and I think it would be useful since I rarely even find Hyper Voice useful in my games.
If I was to use Clefable, would Unaware or Magic Guard be a better ability? What would be good for the other 2 moves? I think I could go with Moonblast but I'm not sure about the last move since I don't think Calm Mind would be useful in a stall team.

I'm considering replacing my Sylveon with another similar pokemon.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Would a Clefable with Wish and Aromatherapy be a viable choice. I play a stall team and I think it would be useful since I rarely even find Hyper Voice useful in my games.
If I was to use Clefable, would Unaware or Magic Guard be a better ability? What would be good for the other 2 moves? I think I could go with Moonblast but I'm not sure about the last move since I don't think Calm Mind would be useful in a stall team.
Wish + Aroma Therapy + Moonblast are all good, and for the last slot you could use Protect (to guarantee recovery) or something like Toxic.
As for ability, Magic Guard is good to face stall with, and it by-passes rocks, which most stall hates. Unaware prevents pokemon from setting up and breaking stall, so both are good. Personally I prefer Magic Guard, as it allows Clefable to stay healthy for longer, especially in a prolonged battle, which stall usually induces.

All right, thanks for the help. Do you think if Clefables low basestats will be an issue or will Magic Guard and a good movepool cover that problem? Would you recommend the usual leftovers for a held item?

All right, thanks for the help. Do you think if Clefables low basestats will be an issue or will Magic Guard and a good movepool cover that problem? Would you recommend the usual leftovers for a held item?
Leftovers is fine, it's stats shouldn't be a problem at all.

So now I'm trying the new team with Clefable. How long do you usually test teams before you can tell if the change was good or not? It seems there are so many factors like luck, matchups, ranking and not being able to use the team to it's full efficiency yet.

Does each hit of Skill Link have a separate accuracy check? For example, could my Sand Veil Garchomp dodge any of the other 4 hits of MegaCross Pin Missile if the first one already connected? (I know if the first one miss then the whole move will miss)

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does each hit of Skill Link have a separate accuracy check? For example, could my Sand Veil Garchomp dodge any of the other 4 hits of MegaCross Pin Missile if the first one already connected? (I know if the first one miss then the whole move will miss)
I think that's just a PMD thing (which is why I originally thought it to be true). If the first Pin Missile hits, I think, all five will hit without a problem.
So now I'm trying the new team with Clefable. How long do you usually test teams before you can tell if the change was good or not? It seems there are so many factors like luck, matchups, ranking and not being able to use the team to it's full efficiency yet.
I usually test things out for like five games. If I switch Keldeo from Specs to Expert Belt, I'll play with it for like five games to see if the luring ability is worth the loss of the 1.5 multiplier on neutral targets. On some teams that appreciate Ferro/Chansey gone it is, but with teams that struggle with Clefable, it usually isn't worth it. With your example, if your team is Landorus weak, I'd recommend using Sylveon > Clefable. Otherwise, Clefable's better abilities and coverage makes it better, in general.
How many kinds of spam are there?

I know about bird-spam, and genie spam, along with CM spam in gen 3.
There's no definitive amount of spam teams, other than the two you mentioned. Water spam could be argued for, but it's certainly not as prevalent as birdspam or geniespam. I know in NU there's fire spam, but fire spam is pretty bad in OU. Sorry for not giving a definitive answer, but idr think there is one.
Ok, thanks for taking your time to inform a n00b like myself ^^
lol it's all good :)

Does Kyurem learn iron tail? I checked bulbapedia and serebii and found nothing, however I also didn't see iron head which is one of the coverage moves discussed in the kyurem black thread. Just wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Does Kyurem learn iron tail? I checked bulbapedia and serebii and found nothing, however I also didn't see iron head which is one of the coverage moves discussed in the kyurem black thread. Just wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place.
I did a quick search on PS and it said it can't learn Iron Tail. It can, however, learn Iron Head, from Gen V move tutors.

Why doesn't Smogon make Megas and non-Mega versions get seperate tier listings (with the exception for Megas that are banned to Ubers and their base form is OU)?
Something like:
  • Manectric: UU
  • Manectric-Mega: OU

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
anyone know a good moveset for a wall for mismagius?
hi. mismagius isn't used as a wall because it has poor defensive stats in 60/60/105, and good offensive stats in 105 SpA and 105 Spe, which is why it's used as an offensive pokemon. it also has access to good boosting moves such as calm mind or nasty plot.

furthermore, mismagius is kinda not viable in OU because it is outclassed by Gengar who has a better typing and arguably a similar/better movepool which consists of a good secondary STAB in sludge bomb. it also has access to the same coverage which is focus blast + thunderbolt, but lacks dazzling gleam which isn't needed for Gengar anyway. it is also faster and has higher SpA.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
anyone know a good moveset for a wall for mismagius?
Hi! Mismagius has 60/60/105 defenses, which aren't good enough to be used as a wall. Here are some calcs to show its frailty, even with maximum investment.
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 214-253 (66 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 195-235 (60.1 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 218-257 (67.2 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mismagius: 157-186 (48.4 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mismagius: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Those calcs are from the OU powerhouses, and defensive Mismagius just can't hold up to any of them. The only things it beats (that I can think of) are Diggersby and Scolipede, and those a) aren't that common, and b) handled by Gengar better. If you have to use Migmagius, use it offensively, but still, Gengar outclasses it for the most part. Gengar does lack Nasty Plot and Calm Mind, so if you want a fast ghost setup sweeper, I guess Mismagius is what you want. But due to the +5 Speed, +25 Special Attack, dual stab, and strong coverage, it's 99% outclassed.

If you want a defensive ghost type, I'd recommend you use Sableye or Doublade, and if you want an offensive one, look no further than Gengar.

:)

Hi! Mismagius has 60/60/105 defenses, which aren't good enough to be used as a wall. Here are some calcs to show its frailty, even with maximum investment.
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 214-253 (66 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 195-235 (60.1 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mismagius: 218-257 (67.2 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mismagius: 157-186 (48.4 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mismagius: 186-220 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Those calcs are from the OU powerhouses, and defensive Mismagius just can't hold up to any of them. The only things it beats (that I can think of) are Diggersby and Scolipede, and those a) aren't that common, and b) handled by Gengar better. If you have to use Migmagius, use it offensively, but still, Gengar outclasses it for the most part. Gengar does lack Nasty Plot and Calm Mind, so if you want a fast ghost setup sweeper, I guess Mismagius is what you want. But due to the +5 Speed, +25 Special Attack, dual stab, and strong coverage, it's 99% outclassed.

If you want a defensive ghost type, I'd recommend you use Sableye or Doublade, and if you want an offensive one, look no further than Gengar.

:)
alright so sableye, and doublade, but also what other pokes should i use for my team?

I have this team so far:

Hawlucha (Sweeper)
Darmanitan (Balanced trying to get Zen Mode)
Blastoise (My Mega)
Scizor (For Leverage)
Whimiscott (Staller with Prankster)
???

Which poke should I use here, and also is my team balanced?

Also how do I get Zen Mode on Darmanitan?

How many kinds of spam are there?

I know about bird-spam, and genie spam, along with CM spam in gen 3.
There is also Dark-Spam, now viable because of the Knock-Off buff, and Dragon-Spam, which isn't as good in gen 6 as it was in gen 5 (due to Fairies), but I'd say it's still viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)