Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quest for a female 5 IV HP Grass Froakie sucks, but least that means I got a bunch of males!

Just looking for 5 IV pokes I lack in return.

(5) HP Grass ♂ Froakie
31/24/31/30/31/31

31/18,20/31/30/31/31
31/8/31/30/31/31
(2) 31/2/31/30/31/31

Ability:
Protean
Nature: Timid
Egg Move: Toxic Spikes

Last edited:

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
also i want to use destiny bond, with it so i was thinking

Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Heal Bell (what does that do)
Will-O-Wisp
Heal Bell helps heal the status problems of all the party Pokémon. Like if your Kyogre (random example) was poisoned earlier in the match, then Heal Bell will remove it even if Kyogre wasn't out at the time.

The quest for a female 5 IV HP Grass Froakie sucks, but least that means I got a bunch of males!

Just looking for 5 IV pokes I lack in return.

(5) HP Grass ♂ Froakie
31/24/31/30/31/31

31/18,20/31/30/31/31
31/8/31/30/31/31
(2) 31/2/31/30/31/31

Ability:
Protean
Nature: Timid
Egg Move: Toxic Spikes
Hi, I don't mean to be rude or anything; really just trying to help; but Greninja learns Grass Knot. If a battle monster ways 25 Kgs. or more; or 55 lb. or more, Grass knot has the same base power as Hidden Power Grass. The rest of the time (which is basically all the time); it's better. Here is a list of monsters by weight: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...#0.0_lbs._to_11.1_lbs._.280.0_kg_to_5.0_kg.29

A quick look at this list, indicates the only monsters worth hitting with HP Grass, are Lanturn and Manaphy; the first would Tank the hit and KO you back with Discharge, and the second is Uber. Grass Knot is better 95% of the time, so I believe you are wasting your time breeding HP grass Froakie. You're better off with 1 more special attack point or Hidden Power fire or something. Have a nice day.

EDIT: How does Rotom pick up a washing machine and still weigh next to nothing? lol; But anyways Rotom sometimes runs choice scarf; I wouldn't use HP Grass Froakie; meh.

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I don't mean to be rude or anything; really just trying to help; but Greninja learns Grass Knot. If a battle monster ways 25 Kgs. or more; or 55 lb. or more, Grass knot has the same base power as Hidden Power Grass. The rest of the time (which is basically all the time); it's better. Here is a list of monsters by weight: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_weight#0.0_lbs._to_11.1_lbs._.280.0_kg_to_5.0_kg.29

A quick look at this list, indicates the only monsters worth hitting with HP Grass, are Lanturn and Manaphy; the first would Tank the hit and KO you back with Discharge, and the second is Uber. Grass Knot is better 95% of the time, so I believe you are wasting your time breeding HP grass Froakie. You're better off with 1 more special attack point or Hidden Power fire or something. Have a nice day.
Aren't you forgetting Rotom-W? Granted, Greninja doesn't have a whole lot of reason to stay in on Rotom-W, but it could be useful for hitting it hard if you can predict the switch, since they'll be planning on you running HP Fire instead. There's something to be said for being unpredictable ;) You're right, HP Fire is probably generally more useful, but Rotom-W is not an insignificant Pokémon in the metagame. It might be worth it just for that (Grass Knot doesn't even scratch it). Plus, look at all the HP Fire Froakies around here...for trading purposes, it is nice to offer something different. Just my take on it :)

Hi, I don't mean to be rude or anything; really just trying to help; but Greninja learns Grass Knot. If a battle monster ways 25 Kgs. or more; or 55 lb. or more, Grass knot has the same base power as Hidden Power Grass. The rest of the time (which is basically all the time); it's better. Here is a list of monsters by weight: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_weight#0.0_lbs._to_11.1_lbs._.280.0_kg_to_5.0_kg.29

It also does more damage to Rotom-W.

Either way if you don't like it then ignore it, doesn't hurt anybody.

I've had peeps have interest for it (done 2 trades, working on 3rd).

It also does more damage to Rotom-W.

Either way if you don't like it then ignore it, doesn't hurt anybody.

I've had peeps have interest for it (done 2 trades, working on 3rd).
Well, running an attack because of one pokemon, when theres like, hundreds of pokemon that are good for battles.. I dont want to be rude nor anything, just want to help, because I hate breeding, and breedinng for HP must be a pain... I only breed for HP when the pokemon doesnt have any more coverage moves (Manectric=HP Ice)

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

A quick look at this list, indicates the only monsters worth hitting with HP Grass, are Lanturn and Manaphy; the first would Tank the hit and KO you back with Discharge, and the second is Uber. Grass Knot is better 99.5% of the time, so I believe you are wasting your time breeding HP grass Froakie. You're better off with 1 more special attack point or Hidden Power fire or something. Have a nice day.
Apologies for the lack of substance to this post beyond the response. Some misconceptions stated in your post might be useful to be clarified.

In addition to what Tatertot and crazy_man have said:

0 SpA Lanturn Discharge vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 45-54 (15.7 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Lanturn Discharge vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 60-72 (20.9 - 25.1%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hidden Power Grass vs. 40 HP / 216+ SpD Lanturn: 195-229 (48.6 - 57.1%) -- 37.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If Greninja is a Grass-type from Protean. Granted, Lanturn isn't seen much, so that point is still taken.

Manaphy is (Edit:) BL this generation, so it's relevant.

I've recently used the Time Machine method to breed a female HA HP Grass Froakie, so that's another person who's been interested in HP Grass on the Pokemon.

Last edited:
Edit: Apparently Talisheo can get all of these for me if I'm patient, lol

Now that my nuzlocke is done(And successfully finished!) I want to create a sort of living pokedex of special-ball female pokemon on my Y version. I want to collect a non-standard ball female of every pokemon line. I'll just start with gen 1 for now.

These are some pokemon that I want in non-standard balls, with a preferred pokeball listed. The exact ball isn't important in most of these as long as it's an uncommon ball, and IVs don't matter at all at this point. If I want one with better IVs, I will breed them myself, so go ahead and give me the crappiest-IV'd females you have. :)
I have some stuff listed in my trade thread that I will trade for these. How about one 5IV pokemon from my thread for two crap-IV'd special ball females?

Squirtle - Dive or luxury ball (Preferably with HA)
Caterpie - Love, dream or friend ball
Weedle - Friend ball
Pidgey - Level ball
Spearow - Level ball
Ekans - Level or moon ball
Rattata - Level ball
Clefairy - Moon or friend ball
Jigglypuff - Luxury or heal ball (Must have HA) or love ball (W/O HA)
Diglett - Level ball
Growlithe - Level ball
Machop -Safari ball
Bellsprout - Friend ball
Seel - Moon ball
Grimer - Nest or luxury ball (Must have HA)
Drowzee - love ball
Krabby - Nest or luxury ball (Must have HA)
Exeggcute - Safari ball
Cubone - Level ball or friend ball
Lickitung - Love ball
Koffing - Moon ball
Kangaskahn - level ball
Jynx - Love ball
Omanyte - Luxury or dream ball
Kabuto - Luxury or dream ball

If only I had the money, I'd buy copies of all of the old games to catch these myself, but that looks very unrealistic right now. Catching them would feel more rewarding.

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, running an attack because of one pokemon, when theres like, hundreds of pokemon that are good for battles.. I dont want to be rude nor anything, just want to help, because I hate breeding, and breedinng for HP must be a pain... I only breed for HP when the pokemon doesnt have any more coverage moves (Manectric=HP Ice)
That's true, but when that one Pokemon is one of the top used in the tier, it's something you should prepare for. It's often more important to prepare for commonly used Pokemon rather than trying to have the best coverage possible.

I also bred a shiny HP Grass Froakie a while ago (31/30/31/30/31/31) and it's now one of my prized possessions. It was in my trophy case for a while :)

Now that my nuzlocke is done(And successfully finished!) I want to create a sort of living pokedex of special-ball female pokemon on my Y version. I want to collect a non-standard ball female of every pokemon line. I'll just start with gen 1 for now.

If only I had the money, I'd buy copies of all of the old games to catch these myself, but that looks very unrealistic right now. Catching them would feel more rewarding.
I can get you a Dive Ball HA Squirtle and Nest Ball HA Krabby. I can also get you a Safari Ball Kangaskhan if you'd be interested in that.

EDIT:
Accidentally quoted the wrong person >_>

Small giveaway!
I know it's probably common fare here but would anyone be interested in the following?

Ralts

Female, Moon Ball
Nature: Modest
Ability: Trace
31/x/31/31/31/31
Egg Moves: Destiny Bond, Disable, Encore, Memento

I have three of them, and if they're not taken here I guess I'll just Wonder Trade them. If you want one, all I ask in return is for a female spitback in a matching/unusual ball if possible.

Also, while I'm not interested in Shiny Value hatching myself, could someone find out what my Trainer Shiny Value is so I can help someone out if they need it?

That's true, but when that one Pokemon is one of the top used in the tier, it's something you should prepare for. It's often more important to prepare for commonly used Pokemon rather than trying to have the best coverage possible.

I also bred a shiny HP Grass Froakie a while ago (31/30/31/30/31/31) and it's now one of my prized possessions. It was in my trophy case for a while :)
HP grass is good against Manaphy,Rotom W and Lanturn. Grass Knot is better than HP grass against a LOT of other Water types and Heavy pokemon that my attacks are neutral against. I know that rotom w is used a lot, but grass knot can do much better. Also, you could go for another HP instead of grass, because it already has grass coverage. (It doesnt have any Fire attacks on its movepool though, so you could go with HP fire.. But its up to the person, its not me thats using the pokemon lol)

Which ball?

Dusk all the way. Nest is ugly

Right, so for Rotom Wash, and 20 extra Base power on Manaphy and Lanturn, you'd deal less damage to: Keldeo, Seismitoad, Quagsire, Mega Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, Empoleon, Mega Swampert , Mega Blastoise, Mega Sharpedo, Feraligatr, Samurott, Jellicent, Cloyster, Walrein, Kingdra, Suicune, Milotic, Mega Gyarados, Lapras, Wailord, Kyogre and the many other non-water types that could switch into it?

Honestly people; HP Grass for 3 monsters? Who uses Lanturn in OU anyways?

I can get you a Dive Ball HA Squirtle and Nest Ball HA Krabby. I can also get you a Safari Ball Kangaskhan if you'd be interested in that.

EDIT:
Accidentally quoted the wrong person >_>
Sure, that would be great. Shall I breed anything from my trade thread for you as well? :)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
All this talk about HP Grass Froakie reminds me that I have an egg Naive with 31/30/31/30/31/31 IVs unhatched with the TSV of 1645. So sad no one has that that SV any where. :(

Though tbh, Greninja doesn't really need HP in this meta. Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory is more than enough. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)