Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showdown often does this thing where after setting up my EVs on a pokemon, I start a battle and the EVs get changed (usually to 4). This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and whatever the problem is happens everytime I try it, if I forfeit the battle, fix the EVs and start a new battle, they just get switched back to that crap. In this case, Magmortar has his attack IVs set to 0, which I think might be somehow related to the problem.
I have added the issue to the known-bugs list. (Also the solution in your side):

Known non-battle Bugs
- After manually editing (typing) the EVs/IVs/Nature/etc of a Pokémon, the change doesn't get saved if you quit the teambuilder screen by pressing the X in the tab while in the Pokémon details screen. Temporary work-around: press the button labeled "< Team" first. Afterwards, close the teambuilder.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The bug is on turn 17. My opponents Mega Pinsir only did 1.2% damage to my Dragonite when it used the move Return. My Dragonite's Multiscale was already used, and he uses Quick Attack the next turn, and it does like 33% damage. I BELIEVE it's a bug.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-158098512 TURN 17
He must've lowered his happiness to zero, making Return a 1 BP move...

Why he lowered the happiness but didn't use Frustration > Return is beyond me though.

It is supposed to be! Here, as you can clearly see (scroll down), the banlist does not include Arceus or Arceus-Fariy!
No, it's not. Fairy Garden uses the Pentagon Rule, that only allows Pokémon caught or bred in Pokémon X/Y. And as far as I know, you can't catch an Arceus in X/Y. It needs to be banned.

Also, despite being 3v3 and you pick 3 Pokémon in Showdown for Fairy Faceoff, it is still a 6v6 match afterwards.

Get those two problems fixed and it will be perfect for practise! Great job Showdown crew.

Last edited:
Technician doesn't work in battles and the game will say that you did not set an ability for said pokemon. (tested with my Mr. Mime with Technician, then changed Mr. Mime's ability to Filter and it worked, so my guess is that it is Technician itself.)
I could confirm that. I had the same error, with this set:

Mr. Mime (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Dark]

No, it's not. Fairy Garden uses the Pentagon Rule, that only allows Pokémon caught or bred in Pokémon X/Y. And as far as I know, you can't catch an Arceus in X/Y. It needs to be banned.

Also, despite being 3v3 and you pick 3 Pokémon in Showdown for Fairy Faceoff, it is still a 6v6 match afterwards.

Get those two problems fixed and it will be perfect for practise! Great job Showdown crew.
Fixed.

Found a bug Air balloon excadrill going before max speed and EV invested Mega absol Turn 8 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158299807

Log
The opposing Excadrill used Rapid Spin!
Absol lost 13.7% of its health!
The pointed stones disappeared from around the opposing team!

Absol used Superpower!
It's super effective! The opposing Excadrill lost 97.0% of its health!
The opposing Excadrill's Air Balloon popped!
Absol's Attack fell!
Absol's Defense fell!

The opposing Excadrill fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

Absol is buffeted by the sandstorm!
★r00ster: how did you go first?

Bulbasawr sent out Pinsir!

I had turned to mega absol the turn before to kill the latios.

Found a bug Air balloon excadrill going before max speed and EV invested Mega absol Turn 8 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158299807

Log
The opposing Excadrill used Rapid Spin!
Absol lost 13.7% of its health!
The pointed stones disappeared from around the opposing team!

Absol used Superpower!
It's super effective! The opposing Excadrill lost 97.0% of its health!
The opposing Excadrill's Air Balloon popped!
Absol's Attack fell!
Absol's Defense fell!

The opposing Excadrill fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

Absol is buffeted by the sandstorm!
★r00ster: how did you go first?

Bulbasawr sent out Pinsir!

I had turned to mega absol the turn before to kill the latios.
The excadrill most likely had sand rush which doubles speed in sandstorm.

ive noticed a few bugs in fairy face-off. First of all, i had synchronoise on my gardevoir and in randomlybecame psyshock 2 turns in. Also, azumarill's aqua jet went b4 my mawile's sucker punch

ive noticed a few bugs in fairy face-off. First of all, i had synchronoise on my gardevoir and in randomlybecame psyshock 2 turns in. Also, azumarill's aqua jet went b4 my mawile's sucker punch
Aqua Jet and Sucker Punch are both +1 priority, therefore it's based on speed when both are used at once. As for the Synchronoise/Psyshock thing, you probably just made a mistake in teambuilder and didn't realize it until a few turns in.

Found this while trying to run calcs for the Fairy Face-Off tournament. The Damage Calculator doesn't appear to include Synchronoise, although you can use it on the actual battle simulator:

You can see above where it's missing from the list. It should appear between Swift and Tackle. Typing it in also yields nothing.

Found this while trying to run calcs for the Fairy Face-Off tournament. The Damage Calculator doesn't appear to include Synchronoise, although you can use it on the actual battle simulator:

You can see above where it's missing from the list. It should appear between Swift and Tackle. Typing it in also yields nothing.
It's probably not included for not being widely used competitively, but I suggest you to use any other Psychic type move and manually change it's Base Power to 120 for the calculation to be possible.

It's probably not included for not being widely used competitively, but I suggest you to use any other Psychic type move and manually change it's Base Power to 120 for the calculation to be possible.
That's what I ended up doing. I didn't realize the lists there were limited to common usage.

But I'm equally sure no one will ever be trying to calc Synchronoise again after this Wi-Fi event, so that's fair.

I feel like an idiot because I didnt save the replay but just had a VGC battle and opponents charizard->M Charizard Y outsped garchomp

opponent said It was timid 252 which = 328 speed

my is garchomp jolly 240 which = 330

I still won but It could have mattered. How does this even happen?

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
chippy2001, about your problem, it doesn't exist. The cancel button works correctly, but lot of time even a minimum quantity of lag can make that happen. Simply when you pressed cancel, your opponent had already chosen his move, so rhyperior used (correctly) earthquake.

Btw i've two possible bugs. For the first one i have not a screen, but maybe someone of you find it again on the ladder and save it: in a random battle, a tentacruel (that was not a zoroark for sure) had leftovers as item instead of black sludge... and this is not normal, in randbats items are correct.

About the second, it's a problem with mr. mime and his ability... i don't know if technician is an allowed ability, if it's unreleased or something else, but however it isn't a recognized ability for ps. When you try to look for a battle, the error message is: mr. mime needs to have an ability. And yes, i'm sure he has it. (With the other mr. mime abilities, there is not the same problem. You can simply and quickly verify it.)
Actually, it does exist. Don't just assume it doesn't. Try it at the last second - it will glitch out. So I think that there should be a 5 second delay after both opponents choose their moves, or optimize code to help remove the bug.

Oh, and for some reason my Pokemon Showdown crashes upon trying to enter Gen 2 OU [Beta]. It also happens when I battle anyone sometimes.

I feel like an idiot because I didnt save the replay but just had a VGC battle and opponents charizard->M Charizard Y outsped garchomp

opponent said It was timid 252 which = 328 speed

my is garchomp jolly 240 which = 330

I still won but It could have mattered. How does this even happen?
It could have full speed EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just had a Challenge Cup 1v1 battle where I had a Porygon with Trick Room/Conversion 2/Secret Power/Facade. Trick Room and Secret Power worked fine, but every time I clicked Conversion 2, it would use Trick Room(including PP usage). Apparently my opponent had the same thing with Scratch being used over Blizzard on a Slaking. Apparently his was inverted, with Blizzard being the first slot and Scratch the 2nd.

Also, "Watch a Battle" seems messed up, as it only lists 100 battles.

Aqua Jet and Sucker Punch are both +1 priority, therefore it's based on speed when both are used at once. As for the Synchronoise/Psyshock thing, you probably just made a mistake in teambuilder and didn't realize it until a few turns in.
i chedked the replay ( didnt save it tho) i used synchronoise twice, then used psyshock. when i went to teambuilder i had synchronoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)