[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
*not sure if serious*

Because they can actually learn the attacks without a glitch. Also, the hack checker isn't really that great; some clear hacks do get through. For example, someone once tried to trade me an English Victini w/ Bolt Strike w/ a non-event OT.
However, it allows you to have Pokemon with moves they can't learn at their level. All 3 glitches allow you to have illegal Pokemon, so I don't see the difference.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
However, it allows you to have Pokemon with moves they can't learn at their level. All 3 glitches allow you to have illegal Pokemon, so I don't see the difference.
It's legal for LC, not anything else.

*not sure if serious*

Because they can actually learn the attacks without a glitch. Also, the hack checker isn't really that great; some clear hacks do get through. For example, someone once tried to trade me an English Victini w/ Bolt Strike w/ a non-event OT.
That doesn't answer anything.

As I said, the hack-checker sucks. I could transfer an English, level 50 Redesect if I wanted to. The system only cares about the actual moves; not the level.

As I said, the hack-checker sucks. I could transfer an English, level 50 Redesect if I wanted to. The system only cares about the actual moves; not the level.
Everybody knows this shit.
The Nintendo Legality Checker doesn't notice of a obvious hacked Pokémon.
If N LC was a airport metal detector, it wouldn't notice a terrorist with a motherfuckin' AK in his pants.
Reason why exists this thread.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Language: ENG I suppose.
Species: Venusaur
OT: Kat
ID No.: 28417
IVs: 31 / 16 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 (HP Fire)
EVs (optional): None.
Ability: Chlorophyll (DW)
Pokemon's name: No nickname
Level: 40
Pokeball: Nest Ball
Shiny?: Yes.
Moves: HP Fire, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, and Petal Dance.
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: idk
Ribbons: None afaik.
Other comments (optional): The person who wants to trade me this said that he got it through WT, which makes me a bit suspicious about it, which is why I'm asking here (obv).

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Other comments (optional): The person who wants to trade me this said that he got it through WT, which makes me a bit suspicious about it, which is why I'm asking here (obv).
Legal. I personally wouldn't trust anything off WT, though.

Edit: Or that.

Looks like someone hacked the ball, a Bulbasaur with the same OT/IVs in a standard Pokeball has been around for ages.

Language: FRE
Species: Shaymin
OT: LOUIS (this is super creepy because my trainer name is Louis)
ID No.: 40347
IVs: 31/x/x/x/x/x
EVs (optional):
Ability: Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: Shaymin
Level: 100
Pokeball: Masterball
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Seed Flare / Air Slash / Synthesis / Energy Ball
Nature: Careful
Region of origin: A fateful encounter, traveled across space and time to reach Kalos from Sinnoh
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):

If it's hacked could you please explain why so I can check in the future?
Thanks!

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is there a way to check exact IVs?
Do you have a way to reset its EVs (through a Reset Bag or a couple of EV resucing berries) if so apply them and then tell us the actual stats of the Shaymin. Then someone can tell you the IVs like that. Also provide the Hidden Power the Shaymin has.

Language: SPA
Species: Rhyhorn
OT: Hope
ID No.: 12401
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 (HP Dark)
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 1
Pokeball: Heavy Ball
Moves: Metal Burst, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Crunch
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Mischievous
Other comments (optional): I just traded this, and even though I traded it for a good Pokemon, I'm still a little suspicious.

Language: JPN
Species: Latios
OT: "into" written in katakana
ID No.: 24527
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
EVs (optional): 1 SpA, 1 Atk, 2 Def, 1 SpDef
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latios's japanese name
Level: 70
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Draco Meteor, Trick, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam; all have their PP maxed
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Other comments (optional): got it from GTS for "5IV no Atk Egg Mv" Mienfoo; To Next Lv. 15,970

Language: JPN
Species: Latios
OT: "into" written in katakana
ID No.: 24527
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
EVs (optional): 1 SpA, 1 Atk, 2 Def, 1 SpDef
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latios's japanese name
Level: 70
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Draco Meteor, Trick, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam; all have their PP maxed
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Other comments (optional): got it from GTS for "5IV no Atk Egg Mv" Mienfoo; To Next Lv. 15,970
Seems legal

Other comments (optional): I just traded this, and even though I traded it for a good Pokemon, I'm still a little suspicious.
Has it the memories?
It's probably legal, i don't know if it's powersaved (shininess).

If it's SV hatched, ask the person who traded it to you who hatched it. If it has the same OT and ID of the person who traded it to you, it's most likely powersaved to be shiny.

If it's SV hatched, ask the person who traded it to you who hatched it. If it has the same OT and ID of the person who traded it to you, it's most likely powersaved to be shiny.
It could just as easily be a pokemon they hatched for someone else and neglected to tell the OB they were trading it. It would be best to judge that person's reaction to the question.

Okay, I have a female level 1 Scyther in a Moon Ball that I got in a trade. Hacked?

Thought it was legit at first but I read somewhere that it can't be in a Moon Ball and just wanna be sure.

Definitely hacked. Scyther can only be caught in Bug catching contest in gen 4.
Awesome. Was going through my boxes to see how many/which bank ball females I had and noticed it - straight away thought something was wrong, haha.

Thanks for the confirmation! :D

Awesome. Was going through my boxes to see how many/which bank ball females I had and noticed it - straight away thought something was wrong, haha.

Thanks for the confirmation! :D
Yeah lol, trust me you'd see a lot of those being bred instead or BCC ball or Safari ball.

Okay, I have a female level 1 Scyther in a Moon Ball that I got in a trade. Hacked?

Thought it was legit at first but I read somewhere that it can't be in a Moon Ball and just wanna be sure.
For future reference, there's a list of Pokemon that can be bred in Apricorn balls in the first post of this thread (along with Dream and Safari balls).

Definitely hacked. Scyther can only be caught in Bug catching contest in HG/SS
Minor correction as it was also catchable normally in DPPt in all the boring balls available in DPPt (just so people don't start to panic about the Nest ball Scyther from Sinnoh they got off WT).

For future reference, there's a list of Pokemon that can be bred in Apricorn balls in the first post of this thread (along with Dream and Safari balls).

Minor correction as it was also catchable normally in DPPt in all the boring balls available in DPPt (just so people don't start to panic about the Nest ball Scyther from Sinnoh they got off WT).
Oh yeah I know that, should have specified I meant HG/SS only though.

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have a Korean name on a monster, and a English OT?

Also, I'd like a to request 1 monster to be hack checked (as in look at the data); the info is all legitimate; same as another one I have, with shittier IVs.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have a Korean name on a monster, and a English OT?

Also, I'd like a to request 1 monster to be hack checked (as in look at the data); the info is all legitimate; same as another one I have, with shittier IVs.
The name changes to the current language upon evolution (assuming there was no nickname). So if the Pokémon has its current species name in Korean, with an English OT then legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)