The FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks to anundeadboy for the kick-ass logo
Introduction

FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, and in that game every battle would have a judge which declared laws specific to that battle, usually limiting how you could move or attack. This tournament aims to adapt those kinds of a laws to a Pokemon format.

Tournament Specific Rules:

- At sign-up you must PM me, Oglemi, 1 team of 6 Pokemon and that 1 team only (I only need the 6 Pokemon, items/abilities/evs/moves/etc are subject to change). Those 6 will be your team for the whole tournament.

- You must save the replay of your battles and PM it to me after winning once the tournament starts so that I can make sure you are using the same team. If you forget to save the replay that is grounds enough for your opponent to ask for a rematch.

- Every round I will introduce 3 Laws. These Laws can range from banning the use of a type of move (eg no Fire-type moves) and banning certain abilities all the way to disallowing switching.

- Laws will not stack, meaning the rules for that round will only be for that round.

- If you break a law, it is an automatic forfeit and you lose the match.

- Battles will be best of 1 single elimination

General Rules:

General Tournament Guidelines apply (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/).

In addition to the above, you are playing in standard XY OU, meaning the following Clauses are in effect for each battle unless otherwise explicitly stated.

Pairings:

FireMage vs Mizuhime
Wepwn vs Laurel
FLCL
vs Jaiho
Tesung vs Xyldaz
Vinc2612 vs Zamrock
sparktrain vs Lasagne
Ojama vs Jirachie
SoulWind vs McMeghan

The Laws For This Round:

Status Removal -
If a Pokemon becomes afflicted with a primary status (poison, burn, sleep, freeze, paralysis) it cannot be removed in any manner, including through Lum Berry, Rest, Refresh, Aromatherapy, Heal Bell, Chesto Berry, etc.. Rest may be used if the Pokemon is not afflicted with status. If a Pokemon with Natural Cure becomes afflicted with status, it may not switch out to remove it. Shed Skin is banned. Pokemon that are asleep and frozen may lose their status through normal means, including random chance and the moves Scald, Flame Wheel, Wake-Up Slap, etc.. This law does not apply to pseudo-status, such as confusion, infatuation, Leech Seed, Curse, and the like.

Priority - All moves with a priority other than +0 are banned. See this for examples. Prankster-boosted moves break this law. Gale Wings-boosted moves break this law.

Rocks - All Rock-type moves are banned, including attacking moves like Stone Edge and Rock Slide, and support moves like Stealth Rock.

Some Reminders:

- If you break the above laws it's an automatic forfeit and you lose!

- Save your replay and send it to me as proof of using the same team!

Mawilite:

- Mega Mawile is now banned. If you have Mawile on your team you can choose to keep it and not use Mega Mawile or send me a replacement for Mawile before you play.

Deadline:

Wednesday, September 3rd. Extensions have until August 28th.

Last edited:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Also question, just to make sure i read the rules right, if i get frozen, i'm ALLOWED to use scald to defreeze, yn

What If a pokemon with Natural Cure uses or is forced to use a move such as U-Turn, Volt Switch or Baton Pass when afflicted by a status ?

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
Activity, we were given extension but little hulk didn't show up yesterday.

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
Can i contact Ojama? Or i still have to play Little hulk?

CyberOdin✝

¨ I will persist ¨ ❤
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
FireMage vs Mizuhime
Wepwn vs Laurel
FLCL vs Jaiho
Tesung vs Xyldaz
Vinc2612 vs Zamrock
sparktrain vs Lasagne
Ojama vs Jirachie
SoulWind vs McMeghan

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Activity. Tried to find fire Mage a few times every time I went to the place he told me during the specified times he was afk

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You wasn't in #neverused last night during those times nor were you over the weekend - I scarcely look at other chats I connect to unless I'm highlighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)