Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, well, I'm actually restarting Leaf Green and Soul Silver at the moment. Prior to gen V Totodile only has torrent, so that's not an area of concern.

(Greninja is the one sixth gen starter that I kind of like, though).

Ah, well, I'm actually restarting Leaf Green and Soul Silver at the moment. Prior to gen V Totodile only has torrent, so that's not an area of concern.

(Greninja is the one sixth gen starter that I kind of like, though).
Totodile still only has Torrent as of X/Y. Sheer Force hasn't been released yet. Same with Cyndaquil and Chikorita and their hidden abilities. (and the Unova starters are also still waiting for theirs...) Do yourself a favor and catch whatever female Pokemon that don't care about their hidden ability that you can in Apricorn balls, and bugs in the Bug Catching Contest with Sport Ball. If you find you do want to pour some time and effort into more competitive Pokemon, (some may not be so competitive due to missing out on previous gen tutors when brought to X/Y like Knock Off for Scizor) having them in nice balls can make them more attractive for trades. Plan ahead, or be forced to wait for Mary to announce desired swarms and keep getting the same old Dunsparce or Luvdisc. And, if you plan to catch Skarmory in a Heavy Ball...better stock up a ton of them and prepare for a painfully frustrating experience. You'll be dealing with a capture rate of 5 due to Heavy Ball's mechanics with weight.

Okay just 1 question, but I don't know whether it is the right SQSA:

If a Mega Kangaskhan uses Solarbeam will it charge on one turn and use it in the same turn due to Parental Bond (So it is essentially like a Sunny Day Solarbeam) ? And if it does will the damage be halved (due to Parental Bond) ??

I was just wondering if there is like a thread or a user on Smogon where someone or some group would give (or trade) 5 Gen exclusive tutor moves (such as Knock Off) with pretty good IVa (like five 31 IVs in stats the Pokemon could use and then the last one for fodder) because I don't have access to Pokebank or have the means to get good IVs on BW2.

Are there any excellent spots to grind exp and money in XY? Exp and, especially, money are extremly easy to come by, but still ... no need to waste time on something that´s better spend elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

I was just wondering if there is like a thread or a user on Smogon where someone or some group would give (or trade) 5 Gen exclusive tutor moves (such as Knock Off) with pretty good IVa (like five 31 IVs in stats the Pokemon could use and then the last one for fodder) because I don't have access to Pokebank or have the means to get good IVs on BW2.
Have you tried the SQSR thread at the wi-fi section? There are people who can and might be willing to help you there.

Are there any excellent spots to grind exp and money in XY? Exp and, especially, money are extremly easy to come by, but still ... no need to waste time on something that´s better spend elsewhere. Thanks in advance.
Battle Chateau. Exp Point O-Power + Amulet Coin = riches and experience in less than an hour.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would definitely try the Wifi sections Simple Request Thread (link in previous reply), although since those things would require RNG manipulation, as well as spending shards on Tutor moves the things you want would probably come at a high price. Although there are many friendly users there who may have clones of what you want who may settle for not much in return, you will still need to improve your own inventory to make trades. Make sure you have bred some cool stuff in XY like apricorn ball females or exotic egg moves...

I have to disagree with rufusdrumknott here. Restaurant Le Wow is by far the best for grinding both money and exp. In there the O-powers you use will last until the final battle even if it takes you more than 3 minutes. Each trainer has 3 Pokemon each (if you're doing rotations/triples) over level 60. In the Chateau you run into countless low level Barons/Baronesses who all have level 15 Pokemon. It's uncommon to have many high ranking NPC's to fight even if you are a high rank yourself. Even if there are gym leaders in there to fight they only have 2 Pokemon anyway. New NPCs leave and enter over time meaning that if you've beaten everyone in there you need to wait, and you have to spend money for writs... Not to mention if you haven't even started the Chateau yet and you're still a Baron/Viscount or whatever then it will take forever to build up your rank just to fight better trainers there...

My advice:
  • Go to Le Wow, activate Exp. Power 3 and Prize Money Power 1 (uses up all your power), chose rotations
  • Have your party in this order:
  1. Sweeper (mine's a level 100 Yveltal, Dark Pulse wrecks everything except Lucario and Togekiss) equipped with Amulet Coin
  2. whatever you want to grind #1 equipped with Lucky Egg
  3. whatever you want to grind #2 (if you're fortunate enough to have more Lucky Eggs then use them)
  4. filler
  5. filler
  6. filler
*In rotation battles all 3 pokemon on your side get in-battle exp. points, whereas the rest of your party will get the exp. share rate (which is like half). This is better than triples as your low-level 'mons can sit there earning exp. and not get touched. The filler spots can also be things you want to grind but they will grow slower because they're not in battle.

• Turn on the TV and mindlessly mash A for a while
  • Profit
You will need to do this more than once to get things above level 50 though (with exp. power level 3, lucky egg and being in-battle, the things I train are usually in the 40s). If they're close enough to 50 then I might do the Serena fight in Killoude or go to the Chateau and hope there a couple Furisode Girls (always have Audinos) there. If you are grinding for money then just swap O-Powers around (Prize Money level 3 instead). Don't forget that you win Balm Mushrooms at Le Wow which sell for $$$, so if you want lots of those try and aim for the amount of turns the NPC will suggest (eg: "this will taste great in 6 turns"), finishing a battle in more or less turns gives fewer mushrooms. You can do the same thing at Sushi High Roller where you win Big Nuggets instead but it costs a tonne and the pokemon are the same level as Le Wow. Not to mention the one battle at Le Wow with Audino, Amoongus and Alomamola is an exp. party by itself...

edit: formatting in xenforo sucks

Last edited:
cant say: If you want to just grind for levels, the higher restaurants are definitely better, especially when your Pokemon reach higher levels but if you want to grind for both money and experience, the Battle Chateau + Writs of Invitation get you money faster and you don't have to focus on getting the optimal number of turns (dat Protect spam) to get the max amount of money. In the Battle Chateau, equipping an Amulet Coin can help you get over a million pretty fast (not gonna throw out an estimate since I'm not sure but I'd definitely say less than an hour). For the experience thing, I suggest turning it on when you can see Gym/Elite Four leaders and/or Furisode girls and letting the O-power recover while you battle lower-level NPCs.

Once you are grand duke, the chateaux is ridiculously faster than Le wow. I say that having taken about 30 mons to level 100 and used both methods. One furisode girl is worth 60,000 xp with black writ and o-power, for chrissake, and takes about 1 minute to beat. With silver writ, you can go from gym leader to elite 4 to furisode to Diantha and never play anything worth less than level 70 except high xp Audinos. Le wow can't come close to that rate of xp drop.

Is there a guide to Pokemon Stadiums Rental Pokemon (Like which ones to use? Most of them are UTTER SHITE)
And is there a guide for the Poke Cup with Rentals? (I have Prime sorted before you ask)

When trying to get a 6IV (and HA) female Pokemon with a 1:7 gender ratio, is it better to use the time machine method to get the IV arranged nicely or to simply grind it out and hope you get lucky?

With Exp Share in XY, do all Pokemon in the party get double the EVs if the Pokemon in battle has Pokerus and/or Macho Brace?

No, only those infected or holding Macho Brace receive the benefits.
Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't know whether the game determined how many EVs are gained on a per Pokemon basis, or just calculated it based on the Pokemon in battle and then just added the same number to the whole party. I see it's not that simple haha.

Alright guys, I posted this in a thread in the OU boards and they directed me here. Just gonna copy/paste the body of my post here. Any help on this little project of mine would be appreciated, as I'm extremely new to Competitive.

"
I'll be cosplaying Calem for Halloween this year, and would like to recreate his team from the end of X and Y (assuming he's your rival) to go along with it and challenge other people. For this team I'm assuming he picked Fennekin, so his team has Male Meowstic, Clefable, Jolteon, Mega Absol, Altaria, and Delphox.
I know this doesn't make for an ideal competitive team and I will lose lots of battles with it, but what can I do to make these pokemon the best they can be used together?"

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Alright guys, I posted this in a thread in the OU boards and they directed me here. Just gonna copy/paste the body of my post here. Any help on this little project of mine would be appreciated, as I'm extremely new to Competitive.

"
I'll be cosplaying Calem for Halloween this year, and would like to recreate his team from the end of X and Y (assuming he's your rival) to go along with it and challenge other people. For this team I'm assuming he picked Fennekin, so his team has Male Meowstic, Clefable, Jolteon, Mega Absol, Altaria, and Delphox.
I know this doesn't make for an ideal competitive team and I will lose lots of battles with it, but what can I do to make these pokemon the best they can be used together?"
Whoever sent you here is wrong (I have let them know as such). Orange Islands is not a place for competitive discussion. I think they may of gotten confused with your question. They also treated you pretty rudely and I apologise for that.
Here we are not amazing at battling. Try looking up the sets on the Smogon dex for those particular Pokemon and tweak it from there :) Please PM me if you need any help.

EDIT: You could also ask in Mentoring, http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/have-a-question-ask-it-here-read-the-first-post.3473806/ here. Be aware someone might PM you directly with some help.

Last edited:
Suppose me and my opponent have 1 pokemon left and I use Explosion. Therefore, both of us die, we have 0 pokemon left. So who wins me or him ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)