XY RU New to RU... need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm new to competitive battling to an extent... especially to RU. I made this team... and when it works it works... but when it doesn't it collapses terribly. Any advice I could get would be most beneficial.

Jellian (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald - 30% burn chance... a lot of things don't want to switch into it... so it seemed like a good idea.
- Shadow Ball - STAB with chance of Sp Def drop.
- Recover - Survivability.
- Taunt - Prevents others from setting up on her.

Standard wall and so far my team's MVP. Refuses to die and I really like her.

Lil Vamp (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock - All teams need entry hazards.
- Roost - Same as Recover on Jellicent.
- Substitute - Scounting tactic.
- Earthquake - It was this or knock off, EQ seems to be a bit more viable. But on my cart I have a gliscor with a similar and knock off and it works wonders... so...

Defensive wall with entry hazard. Can take hits well and can survive awhile.

Tyrayde (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang - Coverage and takes advantage of Strong Jaw
- Earthquake - Powerful attack to take care of steel types.
- Stone Edge- Strong stab.
- Dragon Dance - Set up to sweep.

This is the one I'm wondering about... hasn't seemed to do a lot at this point. It usually can take down one or two others, but doesn't last long.

Tellah (Delphox) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast - Powerful stab.
- Psyshock - Psychic seemed like a good choice at first but a special wall switching into him makes this seems like a better option.
- Hidden Power [Grass] - To cover water/rock threats.
- Switcheroo - Possibly choice lock an opponents set up.

Special sweeper and has won me quite a few games. Love the typing, not sure about HP Grass though.

Fisticuffs (Ambipom) (F) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out - Powerful opening attack w/ stab, technician, +Normal gem...
- Aerial Ace - Good coverage
- Pursuit - Technician boosted and helps take care of switch outs by other mons.
- U-turn - Attempt to get out of dodge and keep momentum if the other lead doesn't match up well.

Standard lead, but seems to get checked a lot.

Obamasnow (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard - 100% accurate in hail
- Ice Shard - Priority and still hurts even though he's modest
- Giga Drain- Keeps HP up.
- Focus Blast- Covers dark and steel types.

Mega sweeper. Has done some work but again, like Tyratrum hasn't helped me team as much as I'd hoped... the hail seems to work against me more than it helps... maybe change the ability to Soundproof?

Replace Sub for Defog on Gligar, Life Orb on Delphox, Grass Knot over HP Grass, Calm Mind over Switcheroo, Life Orb Ambipom with Return over Aerial Ace and Knock Off over Pursuit. Abomasnow with Earthquake over Focus Blast, Quiet over Modest and I prefer Energy Ball over Giga Drain, but that is your choice. Now Tyrantrum, run Rhyperior, Banded or Double Dance.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cinccino is much better than ambipom. Use skill link with tail slap / rock blast / bullet seed / filler. It literally does the same thing as ambipom just 17481.829581 times better.

you need at least three lines of description for each pokemon in order to explain the choices in the pokemon and sets, and not just short points stating what a move does. take a look at the rmt rules and other rmts to see what's expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)