Analysis taken over from Jumi.
QC: scorpdestroyer, Soulgazer, Montsegur
GP: fleurdyleurse, frenzyplant
Throh owning Scraggy.gif

Overview
########
  • Is hench af
  • Excellent HP and good defenses make for solid overall bulk
  • Decent offensive presence which can be furthered bolstered by Bulk Up and Guts
  • Bulk Up's defense boosts can make Throh rather hard to take down from the physical side
  • Has STAB Circle Throw; a very useful phazing attack that is especially potent in conjunction with entry hazards
  • Poor Speed
  • Only recovery option is Rest
  • Faces competition from Hariyama and Gurrdurr
Bulk Up
########
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Circle Throw
move 2: Knock Off / Sleep Talk
move 3: Bulk Up
move 4: Rest
ability: Guts
item: Leftovers / Chesto Berry
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Careful

Moves
========
  • Circle Throw is a STAB attack with a great deal of utility thanks to its phazing effect; it punishes opponents trying to set up at the same time as Throh and checks/counters trying to switch in
  • Knock Off has great neutral coverage alongside Circle Throw. Notably, it hits Ghost and Psychic-types for super effective damage, and depriving the foe of their held item is always handy. However, running Knock Off means that Throh has to forego Sleep Talk, in turn making it forego Leftovers in favor of a Chesto Berry. Additionally, foregoing Sleep Talk means Throh is a sitting duck for two turns unless you have cleric support
  • Sleep Talk lets Throh function whilst asleep, though running it instead of Knock Off makes Throh totally useless against Ghost-types
  • Bulk Up provides an increase to Throh's Attack and Defense; allowing it to pose more of an offensive threat whilst increasing its physical bulk
  • Rest is Throh's sole means of recovery. When equipped with a Chesto Berry, Throh will be able to immediately wake up after its first use of Rest
Set Details
========
  • A Careful nature and the given EVs provide Throh with the best possible special bulk, with the remainder giving a slight boost to its physical bulk.
  • Guts is the ability of choice on this set, for it means that Throh will undergo an increase in power if afflicted with a status
  • Leftovers will grant Throh much-appreciated passive recovery, whereas a Chesto Berry guarantees that Throh will wake up immediately after having regained health with Rest. Chesto Berry should only be used if Throh is running Knock Off
Usage Tips
========
  • Throh can be brought in on a Pokemon that it scares out and proceed to set up
  • Weaker physical attackers can prove good setup bait for Throh
  • If it is running Sleep Talk rather than Knock Off, Throh should not be setting up if there is a Ghost-type lurking around on the opponent's team
  • Use common sense to judge when to use Rest, since Throh will either have to stay in for two turns being reliant on Sleep Talk, or switch out to let a cleric wake it up (The latter only applies to Chesto variants after their Berry has been consumed)
  • Being badly poisoned or burned isn't favourable for Throh in the long run, so Throh may want to use Rest some point soon after having been afflicted with one of the aforementioned statuses
  • Once Throh has accumulated some boosts, Circle Throw will be the best thing to do in most scenarios. Circle Throw's phazing is especially useful when an opponent tries to set up, or brings in a (Non-Ghost-type) check
  • Use Knock Off if you predict a Ghost or Psychic-type switch-in

Team Options
========
  • Throh likes having teammates who can set up hazards since it is going to be doing a lot of phazing. Examples of Pokemon that can provide entry hazards are Garbodor and Ferroseed. The latter makes for a particularly good choice as it resists Fairy and Psychic while Throh resists Knock Off, which cripples Ferroseed
  • Cleric and Wish support will work wonderfully with a set such as this; Throh can be awoken from its sleep after using Rest, and Wish will be able to top up Throh's HP. Lickilicky and Audino are great examples of Pokemon capable of providing this support, for they have access to Heal Bell, can take hits well and pass large Wishes thanks to their great HP
  • Pursuit trappers such as Liepard and Sneasel work well alongside Throh, as they can dispose of, or at the very least, badly weaken Ghost- and Psychic types
Other Options
########
  • Throh can make rather hefty Substitutes thanks to its great HP. Substitute will protect Throh from status and less powerful attacks
  • Taunt is a possibility for its surprise value and can prevent slower opponents from setting up
  • Toxic can cripple walls, but one should bear in mind that Throh can't really afford to give up the main options listed
  • Storm Throw is a STAB attack whose guaranteed critical hit rate allows Throh to get past boosted opponents, though Circle Throw's phazing essentially does this, and is a more effective utility option.
  • Superpower is the strongest attack Throh gets, but it dislikes the stat drops and thus the move should only be used if Throh is being used as an attacker on a Trick Room team
  • Throh gets Stone Edge as an alternative coverage option, but Knock Off is preferable for hitting Ghosts and Psychics with
  • Throh can opt for Poison Jab as a coverage move against Fairy-types, but Knock Off is far more useful otherwise
  • Throh has access to the elemental punches which are useful against specific threats, but Throh can't spare a moveslot for any of them
  • An Assault Vest set is a possibility on account of Throh's bulk and decent offensive movepool, though Hariyama is preferable for this role, as it hits much harder and has priority for picking off weakened foes with
Checks and Counters
########
**Faster Flying-type Attackers**: Pokemon such as Swellow and Dodrio will be able to inflict a great amount of damage on Throh, even after a few uses of Bulk Up

**Ghost-types**: Ghost-types won't be susceptible to Throh's phazing attempts thanks to their immunity to Circle Throw. SubDisable variants of Haunter will be able to wall Throh by taking a hit with Substitute then disabling Knock Off

**Fairy-types**: Certain Fairy-types such as Granbull, Slurpuff and Togetic take little damage from Circle Throw and can hit Throh with their super effective STAB. However, Togetic will not enjoy being deprived of its Eviolite by Knock Off

**Psychic-types**: Bulky Psychic-types such as Musharna can sponge hits from Throh and strike it back with a super effective STAB attack

**Taunt**: Taunt is problematic for Throh, as it temporarily deprives Throh of the ability to set up and regain HP

Overview
########
Throh's excellent HP and good defenses give it solid overall bulk. In addition, it has decent offensive presence which can be further bolstered by Bulk Up and Guts, and Bulk Up's Defense boosts can make Throh rather hard to take down from the physical side. Throh's biggest niche is its access to STAB Circle Throw, a very useful phazing attack that is especially potent in conjunction with entry hazards. However, Throh suffers from a poor Speed stat and is forced to rely on Rest for recovery, and it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hariyama and Gurrdurr, which hit harder and have priority attacks to boot.

Bulk Up
########

Moves
========
Circle Throw is a STAB attack with a great deal of utility thanks to its phazing effect; it punishes opponents trying to set up at the same time as Throh as well as checks and counters trying to switch in. Knock Off has great neutral coverage alongside Circle Throw. It most notably hits Ghost- and Psychic-types for super effective damage, and depriving the foe of its held item is always useful. However, running Knock Off means that Throh has to forego Sleep Talk, in turn forcing it to forego Leftovers in favor of Chesto Berry. Additionally, foregoing Sleep Talk means that Throh is a sitting duck for two turns unless you have cleric support. Sleep Talk lets Throh function whilst asleep, though running it instead of Knock Off makes Throh completely useless against Ghost-types. Bulk Up provides an increase to Throh's Attack and Defense, allowing it to pose as more of an offensive threat whilst increasing its physical bulk. Rest is Throh's sole means of recovery. When equipped with a Chesto Berry, Throh will be able to wake up immediately after its first use of Rest.

Set Details
========
A Careful nature and the given EVs provide Throh with the best possible special bulk, with the rest of the EVs giving a slight boost to its physical bulk. Guts is the ability of choice on this set because it increases Throh's Attack when afflicted with status. Leftovers grants Throh much-appreciated passive recovery, whereas Chesto Berry guarantees that Throh will wake up immediately after having regained health with Rest. Chesto Berry should only be used if Throh is running Knock Off.

Usage Tips
========
Throh can be brought in on a Pokemon that it scares out and proceed to set up. Weaker physical attackers can be rendered setup bait for Throh. If it is running Sleep Talk rather than Knock Off, Throh should not be setting up if there is a Ghost-type on the opponent's team. Use common sense to judge when to use Rest, as Throh will either have to stay in for two turns while being reliant on Sleep Talk, or switch out to let a cleric wake it up (The latter only applies to Chesto Berry variants after their Chesto Berry has been consumed.) Being badly poisoned or burned isn't favorable for Throh in the long run, so Throh may want to use Rest some point soon after having been afflicted with one of those statuses. Once Throh has accumulated some boosts, Circle Throw is the best thing to use in most scenarios. Circle Throw's phazing effect is especially useful when an opponent tries to set up or brings in a non-Ghost-type check. Use Knock Off if you predict a Ghost- or Psychic-type switch-in.

Team Options
========
Throh likes having teammates that can set up hazards, such as Garbodor and Ferroseed, because it is going to be doing a lot of phazing. The latter makes for a particularly good choice as it resists Fairy and Psychic while Throh resists Knock Off, which cripples Ferroseed. Cleric and Wish support works wonderfully with a set such as this; Throh can be awoken from its sleep after using Rest, and Wish will be able to heal Throh. Lickilicky and Audino are great examples of Pokemon capable of providing this support, as they have access to Heal Bell, can take hits well, and pass large Wishes thanks to their great HP. Pursuit trappers such as Liepard and Sneasel work well alongside Throh, as they can dispose of, or, at the very least, badly weaken Ghost- and Psychic-types.

Other Options
########
When considering other options for Throh, one must bear in mind that it can't really afford to give up the main options listed. Throh can make rather hefty Substitutes thanks to its great HP; Substitute will protect Throh from status and less powerful attacks. Taunt is a possibility for its surprise value and can prevent slower opponents from setting up. Toxic can cripple walls. Storm Throw is a STAB attack whose guaranteed critical hit rate allows Throh to get past boosted opponents, though Circle Throw's phazing essentially does this, and Circle Throw is a more effective utility option in general. Superpower is the strongest attack Throh gets, but it dislikes the stat drops; thus, the move should only be used if Throh is being used as an attacker on a Trick Room team. Throh gets Stone Edge as an alternative coverage option, but Knock Off is preferable for hitting Ghost- and Psychic-types. Throh can opt for Poison Jab as a coverage move against Fairy-types, but Knock Off is far more useful otherwise. Throh has access to the elemental punches, which are useful against specific threats, but Throh can't spare a moveslot for any of them. Finally, an Assault Vest set is a possibility on account of Throh's bulk and decent offensive movepool, though Hariyama is more preferable for this role, as it hits much harder and has priority for picking off weakened foes.

Checks and Counters
########
**Faster Flying-type Attackers**: Pokemon such as Swellow and Dodrio will be able to inflict a great amount of damage on Throh, even after a few uses of Bulk Up.

**Ghost-types**: Ghost-types aren't susceptible to Throh's phazing attempts thanks to their immunity to Circle Throw. Substitute + Disable variants of Haunter will be able to wall Throh by taking a hit with Substitute then disabling Knock Off.

**Fairy-types**: Certain Fairy-types, including Granbull, Slurpuff, and Togetic, take little damage from Circle Throw and can hit Throh with their super effective STAB moves. However, Togetic will not enjoy being deprived of its Eviolite by Knock Off.

**Psychic-types**: Bulky Psychic-types such as Musharna can sponge hits from Throh and strike it back with a super effective STAB attack.

**Taunt**: Taunt is problematic for Throh, as it temporarily deprives Throh of the ability to set up and regain HP.

Last edited:
does throh learn ice punch? if so, it'd be worth mentiong in OO, it gives great coverage against a lot of types

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I'd either mention it in OO or straight up replace your spread with a 252 HP / 252+ SDef spread. Super bulky and hard to wear down, and after a few BUs the 0 attack investment matters a lot less, especially with guts.
even if you don't, idk what the random 32/32 evs in the defenses do as opposed to just 252 HP / 252 Atk , so maybe replace it with that?

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
just remove the first set. you accomplish nothing against any team with a ghost-type and the second set basically accomplishes the same thing while giving up sleep talk for knock off which is much more important. slash leftovers first and chesto berry second and change the set name to bulk up

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is Assault Vest worth a set? I know I've run into it and heard of people using it to good success, but I've never used it myself.

It definitely merits testing at the very least. I'd imagine the set would be like:

Throh @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Storm Throw / Poison Jab

Some Speed creep for base 50s would be nice too, but creeping in analyses is discouraged. Moves are pretty simple stuff. Storm Throw is STAB that doesn't have a low priority bracket, and Poison Jab keeps you from being setup fodder against Slurpuff. Earthquake for Poisons sounds usable as well.

QC thoughts?

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
assault vest looks good on paper, but it's actually a lot weaker than hariyama due to the lack of close combat, and over 40 less attack, making it much worse in my opinion. it is bulkier, but i don't think that's enough to warrant a set since i don't think i've ever wished that i had more bulk when i was using hariyama. you do have circle throw, but i'm not a huge fan of that by itself without any boosts. you also lack priority which is pretty important for picking off pokemon such as slurpuff

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, that's fine. I haven't used it, so I didn't know if it was actually good or not. Thanks babe.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
FLCL, I've implemented your suggested changes.
does throh learn ice punch? if so, it'd be worth mentiong in OO, it gives great coverage against a lot of types
  • Throh has access to the elemental punches which are useful against specific threats, but Throh can't spare a moveslot for any of them
Maybe I ought to clarify about the elemental punches by mentioning them by name?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
FLCLMaybe I ought to clarify about the elemental punches by mentioning them by name?
People should know what you mean by elemental punches.

Also, Assault Vest should go in OO as, while outclassed by Hariyama like FLCL said, it is in no way a bad set, and it is usable enough to go somewhere in there.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mention in overview that Throh faces lots of competition from stuff like Hariyama and Gurdurr. The niche it has is being able to phaze and do damage with one moveslot, as well as being slightly bulkier on both sides than both of them, but rarely is there a good reason to use it over the other two.

also, is non-Sleep Talk Throh really good? I'm not convinced because all it'll do while asleep is be a sitting duck for 2 turns which will not go unpunished unless the opponent is ill-prepared or has a really passive team. what are your thoughts QC + Psywaves?

Psywaves

is a Contributor Alumnus
also, is non-Sleep Talk Throh really good? I'm not convinced because all it'll do while asleep is be a sitting duck for 2 turns which will not go unpunished unless the opponent is ill-prepared or has a really passive team. what are your thoughts QC + Psywaves?
Having tested out non-Sleep Talk Throh, I'd definitely say it's heavily reliant on cleric support given that non-Chesto Rest turns it into setup bait, like you said. Aditionally, by switching out to let a cleric function, you have to suffer losing your boosts, which is obviously rather unfavourable.
mention in overview that Throh faces lots of competition from stuff like Hariyama and Gurdurr. The niche it has is being able to phaze and do damage with one moveslot, as well as being slightly bulkier on both sides than both of them, but rarely is there a good reason to use it over the other two.
Added this btw. :]

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
scorpdestroyer non sleep talk seems pretty bad, only reason to run something with rest and not sleep talk is if you have a chesto berry or a heal beller. Otherwise, like you said its just sitting there, and unless it is incredibly bulky (more so than throh) it doesnt always work out, plus if and when you rest and are just sitting there something like gatr can come in set up a bit and destroy you.

Not really liking the set to much either, not sure how I would change it though. I would say since you have lefties slashed before chesto berry have something slashed before Rest like Ice Punch or something because as it is now it seems like Rest with out chesto berry is kind of bad.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
11:59 scorpdestroyer what do you think
11:59 scorpdestroyer knock off vs sleep talk
12:00 Soulgazer knock off
12:00 Soulgazer is def better
12:00 Soulgazer monoattacker just seem
12:00 Soulgazer s
12:00 Soulgazer eh
12:00 scorpdestroyer ya ik but
12:00 scorpdestroyer doing nothing for 2 turns also seems
12:00 scorpdestroyer eh
12:02 Soulgazer throh
12:02 Soulgazer is eh
12:02 scorpdestroyer i agree
12:03 scorpdestroyer do you think they should be slashed?
12:03 Soulgazer yes

Slash Sleep Talk after Knock Off. Both of these moves have pretty bad drawbacks so it'll probably depend on the kind of team support you can provide.

Moves:
- Add Sleep Talk
- When talking about Knock Off and Sleep Talk make a note of the disadvantages of each.

Set Details:
- Note that Chesto should only be used with Knock Off, while Leftovers can be used with either move

Usage Tips:
- State that Throh shouldn't be setting up with Ghost-types still around, if it isn't running Knock Off

Team Options:
- Include Pursuit trappers such as Sneasel and Liepard to get rid of / weaken Psychic- and Ghost-types

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
mention under Moves that forgoing Sleep Talk means Throh is a sitting duck for two turns unless you have a cleric.

QC 1/3

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Remove Cacturne from team options as a spike setter, it's not the best setter. Replace it with Ferroseed and mention that Ferroseed resists Fairy and Psychic types while throh resists Knock Off cause while Ferroseed can take it, it doesn't like it.

Otherwise QC 3/3

Have fun writing

Psywaves

is a Contributor Alumnus
Remove Cacturne from team options as a spike setter, it's not the best setter. Replace it with Ferroseed and mention that Ferroseed resists Fairy and Psychic types while throh resists Knock Off cause while Ferroseed can take it, it doesn't like it.

Otherwise QC 3/3
Implemented and written up. :]

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Overview
########
Throh looks like a Pokemon capable of holding its own, and it's safe to say that its excellent HP and good defenses make forgive it solid overall bulk. In addition, it has decent offensive presence which can be furthered bolstered by Bulk Up and Guts, and Bulk Up's dDefense boosts can make Throh rather hard to take down from the physical side. Arguably Throh's biggest niche is its access to STAB Circle Throw;, a very useful phazing attack that is especially potent in conjunction with entry hazards. However, Throh suffers from a poor Speed stat and is forced to rely on Rest for recovery, and it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hariyama and Gurrdurr, which hit harder and have priority attacks to boot.

Bulk Up
########

Moves
========
Circle Throw is a STAB attack with a great deal of utility thanks to its phazing effect; it punishes opponents trying to set up at the same time as Throh and checks/ and counters trying to switch in. Knock Off has great neutral coverage alongside Circle Throw. Notably, it hits Ghost- and Psychic-types for super effective damage, and depriving the foe of their held item is always handyuseful. However, running Knock Off means that Throh has to forego Sleep Talk, in turn making it forego Leftovers in favor of a Chesto Berry. Additionally, foregoing Sleep Talk means that Throh is a sitting duck for two turns unless you have cleric support. Sleep Talk lets Throh function whilst asleep, though running it instead of Knock Off makes Throh totalcompletely useless against Ghost-types. Bulk Up provides an increase to Throh's Attack and Defense;, allowing it to pose more of an offensive threat whilst increasing its physical bulk. Rest is Throh's sole means of recovery. When equipped with a Chesto Berry, Throh will be able to wake up immediately after its first use of Rest.

Set Details
========
A Careful nature and the given EVs provide Throh with the best possible special bulk, with the remainderst of the EVs giving a slight boost to its physical bulk. Guts is the ability of choice on this set, for it means thait Throh will undergo an increase in power ifThroh's Attack when afflicted with a status. Leftovers will grant Throh much-appreciated passive recovery, whereas a Chesto Berry guarantees that Throh will wake up immediately after having regained health with Rest. Chesto Berry should only be used if Throh is running Knock Off.

Usage Tips
========
Throh can be brought in on a Pokemon that it scares out and proceed to set up. Weaker physical attackers can prove goobe rendered setup bait for Throh. If it is running Sleep Talk rather than Knock Off, Throh should not be setting up if there is a Ghost-type lurking around on the opponent's team. Use common sense to judge when to use Rest, asince Throh will either have to stay in for two turns being reliant on Sleep Talk, or switch out to let a cleric wake it up (The latter only applies to Chesto Berry variants after their Chesto Berry has been consumed). Being badly poisoned or burned isn't favourable for Throh in the long run, so Throh may want to use Rest some point soon after having been afflicted with one of the aforementioned statuses. Once Throh has accumulated some boosts, Circle Throw will be the best thing to douse in most scenarios. Circle Throw's phazing is especially useful when an opponent tries to set up, or brings in a (non-Ghost-type) check. Use Knock Off if you predict a Ghost- or Psychic-type switch-in.

Team Options
========
Throh likes having teammates who can set up hazards since it is going to be doing a lot of phazing. Examples of Pokemon that can provide entry hazards are such as Garbodor and Ferroseed. The latter makes for a particularly good choice as it resists Fairy and Psychic while Throh resists Knock Off, which cripples Ferroseed. Cleric and Wish support will works wonderfully with a set such as this; Throh can be awoken from its sleep after using Rest, and Wish will be able to top upheal Throh's HP. Lickilicky and Audino are great examples of Pokemon capable of providing this support, foras they have access to Heal Bell, can take hits well, and pass large Wishes thanks to their great HP. Pursuit trappers such as Liepard and Sneasel work well alongside Throh, as they can dispose of, or, at the very least, badly weaken Ghost- and Psychic types.

Other Options
########
Throh can make rather hefty Substitutes thanks to its great HP.; Substitute will protect Throh from status and less powerful attacks. Taunt is a possibility for its surprise value and can prevent slower opponents from setting up. Toxic can cripple walls, but one should bear in mind that Throh can't really afford to give up the main options listed. Storm Throw is a STAB attack whose guaranteed critical hit rate allows Throh to get past boosted opponents, though Circle Throw's phazing essentially does this, and is a more effective utility option. Superpower is the strongest attack Throh gets, but it dislikes the stat drops and; thus, the move should only be used if Throh is being used as an attacker on a Trick Room team. Throh gets Stone Edge as an alternative coverage option, but Knock Off is preferable for hitting Ghosts- and Psychic-types with. Throh can opt for Poison Jab as a coverage move against Fairy-types, but Knock Off is far more useful otherwise. Throh has access to the elemental punches, which are useful against specific threats, but Throh can't spare a moveslot for any of them. Finally, an Assault Vest set is a possibility on account of Throh's bulk and decent offensive movepool, though Hariyama is preferable for this role, as it hits much harder and has priority for picking off weakened foes with.

Checks and Counters
########
**Faster Flying-type Attackers**: Pokemon such as Swellow and Dodrio will be able to inflict a great amount of damage on Throh, even after a few uses of Bulk Up.

**Ghost-types**: Ghost-types woaren't be susceptible to Throh's phazing attempts thanks to their immunity to Circle Throw. SubDisable variants of Haunter will be able to wall Throh by taking a hit with Substitute then disabling Knock Off.

**Fairy-types**: Certain Fairy-types such as Granbull, Slurpuff, and Togetic take little damage from Circle Throw and can hit Throh with their super effective STAB moves. However, Togetic will not enjoy being deprived of its Eviolite by Knock Off.

**Psychic-types**: Bulky Psychic-types such as Musharna can sponge hits from Throh and strike it back with a super effective STAB attack.

**Taunt**: Taunt is problematic for Throh, as it temporarily deprives Throh of the ability to set up and regain HP.

gp 1/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)