Metagame NP: RU Stage 4: Do My Thang (READ POST #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the current metagame, there is really only one poke that I could see as being possibly deserving of suspect tests.

Doublade, I feel, has very good reason to be suspect tested for the same reason as its older bro, aegislash: it's versatility. Doublade fulfills multiple roles in the current metagame, and does them all extremely well. It is a strong set up sweeper, an amazing spinblocker (can often set up on pokes that foresight it), a physically bulky wall, and a counter to a plethora of powerful pokes in the meta (coballion, virizion, aromatisse, cresselia just to name a few) while having relatively few solid counters to it (it can set up and beat a gligar that has been knocked off, and alo needs to get a burn or else it gets annihilated). For the above reasons, doublade is viable on literally any playstyle, whether it be HO, where it blocks spin, provides some needed bulk, and can become a late game spinner, or even in stall, where it provides good immunities, spinblocking, and often becomes the win condition late game. As such, doublade is not only extremely overcentralizing to the meta but also very limiting on teambuilding, where any good team must take careful preparations in order to deal with the omnipresent doublade.

I am not really saying that doublade is automatically banworthy or even automatically suspect test worthy, but as of now I see it as the biggest threat in the ru metagame, and extremely overcentralizing to the meta. Feel free to give your opinion or bash mine, because mine's really not set in stone at this point.

-CFB
I really don't think Doublade is suspect worthy in the slightest. It is obviously a top tier threat and you have to prepare for it but this doesn't male it centralizing and it's not like it is very hard to do so.

Thanks to Doublade's low speed, bad Special Bulk, and reliance on a kinda weak priority move (and moves in general especially without a boosting item) any Pokemon with decent bulk and/or a Ghost resistance and almost any physical wall that uses special moves and is not weak to Ghost or Steel usually beats it 1v1 and those Pokemon are found in quite a ton of teamsof all kinds and playstyles like Meloetta, Sharpedo (special sets obliterate Doublade but physical sets needs a bit of prior damage :/), Moltres, Foul Play Amonguss bar flinches, Alomomola to some extent, Drapion, Knock Off Gligar, Druddigon, Jolteon if healthy, Clawitzer, Rotom-C, Weezing, based Cinccinos, Shiftry, and invested Spitiromb.

While Doublade seemingly checks a ton of Pokemon most of them can still hurt it for a ton of damage or at least have adapted while still maintaining effective sets. Special Cobalion is on the rise as a lure, Hitmonlee is running Sucker Punch more often to 2hko it on the switch, and Flamethrower Druddigon has seen some popularity to kill it (unless I'm the only one using it lol) not to mention that Knock Offs from random Pokemon it checks chunk it and make it way less effective. All these things coupled with lack of Leftovers and recovery moves make Doublade prone to be overwhelm even by the stuff it checks.
Great Mon but defo not suspect worth

Last edited:
After getting a little bit into RU (thanks Arikado), so mind me if there are any mistakes and I'd be glad if you correct them as I'm new to this nice tier, I now have an idea about how the tier is, after Yanmega and Zoroark's ban I saw an expected rise in the usage of Psychic-type Pokémon that had a difficulty to shine before the ban, some of these Pokémon are Meloetta, Cresselia, Reuniclus, Sigilyph and even Claydol that used to be looked at as a worthless Pokémon is now a little bit viable (but it still sucks). None of the mentioned Pokémon are actually a problem as they can be dealt with but the only one that causes problems and is suspect worthy is Meloetta:

Compared to other threats in the tier Meloetta is the most threatening, with the ability to run 7 sets (Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Assault Vest, Relic Song, SubCM, offensive CM, and the support set) which all have an impact on the majority of the tier you can't really predict what it's going to be so you should run Pokémon that counter every set (Some sets like SubCM and CM can be countered by the same Pokémon though). Meloetta also has a unique Normal/Psychic typing that makes it immune to Ghost-type attacks and if it's running the Relic Song set then it'll switch to Normal/Fighting which will cause Dark- and Bug-type attacks which were super effective to it to be not very effective which will cripple the opponent's plans completely; another problem about Meloetta is its bulk (100/77/128) which is too much for a tier like RU imo, basically the only way to OHKO it is with a powerful super effective physical STAB attack like Sharpedo's Crunch, other than that then have fun taking it down. But Meloetta can be walled easily by a lot of Pokémon that can KO it/force it to switch, some great examples are Spiritomb, Durant and Escavalier but like I said, if it's the Relic Song set then it's going to flip back the table and gain the momentum.

There are other Psychic-type Pokémon that also shine atm which I'll briefly talk about:

:With Zoroark and Yanmega that used to be the biggest reason behind the decrease in its usage Reuniclus saw an expected raise in usage, being one of the best Trick Room setters along with Aromatisse and TR abuser with its 125 Special Attack and wide moveset that covers most of the tier it became really more threatening, it can also run a CM set with a reliable recovery in Recover. But it's outclassed by Meloetta that has way higher Speed, higher SpA and a way better bulk especially in SpD. Cresselia is another Pokémon that got hyped after ZoroYan ban but it didn't as good as expected, it plays the role of a support mon really well with its 120/120/130 and respectable speed, however it's walled and countered easily by Durant, Escavalier and Doublade. Sigilyph is also another Pokémon that saw a raise in usage and that can run a lot of effective sets (Psycho Shift with Flame Orb, Cosmic Power with Stored Power, Offensive LO, Tinted Lins, Calm Mind..) and it also has a reliable recovery in Roost, it also has a decent 97 Speed stat and a wide offensive moveset.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This thread is a witch hunt <_>
I'm inclined to agree with this. I mean, come on guys, IT'S BEEN 5 DAYS. Can we actually enjoy the new meta for a little while before trying to find potential suspects? Is it really that difficult?

CutForBiebarel I can't really agree that Doublade is suspect worthy atm. While I will agree that it is one of the faces of HO, quite a few top threats have adapted to Doublade. galbia mentioned Special Cobalion, but Support Cobalion also does a good job of stopping Doublade from setting up reliably thanks to Taunt and Volt Switch. Sucker Punch Hitmonlee and Flamethrower Druddigon aren't exactly outlandish either considering Sucker Punch still gives Lee priority while Mixed Druddigon was certainly a thing in BW to lure out some physical walls, and I can see it performing a similar role in XY. I've seen a few SubCM Delphox around with Sub just blocking attempts from Doublade to snipe it with Shadow Sneak. Meloetta always runs Shadow Ball these days and isn't really hurt for it all that much. Doublade is a major threat, but like with many other top threats, the metagame is adapting to it. Oh, and Sandslash is also a thing for its ability to beat Doublade (and all Ghost-types for that matter) reliably and get off a spin.

Yagura, definitely agreeing with you on Meloetta. I mean, the ability to run 7 sets is absolutely incredible. While the versatility is insane, there is one universal check to it; Spiritomb. It beats all special sets Meloetta currently uses and its Ghost-typing blocks Relic Song, crippling the physical set. Pursuit deals major damage and its immune to both (3 if you count Fighting from Pirouette form) of Meloetta's STABs, meaning it can get in fairly easily. (it's even immune to Focus Blast) But again with the possible suspect tests. Give it some time please and thank you? (this is to everyone btw)

Okay just going to make a quick post about a less obvious metagame trend I have noticed since the recent suspects left the tier.

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Since Yanmega left it seems like most teams that previously had dedicated hazard removing support have moved on to using Choice Scarf Moltres and in the majority of RU Open matches I've watched at least one player was running this set. What makes Moltres such an effective Choice Scarf user is a combination of a decent base 90 Speed stat, access to U-turn to give it momentum and the ability to hit extremely hard for a revenge killer. As usual with Moltres there is really only two down sides to using it, 4x Stealth Rock weak and relying on hitting moves such as Fire Blast and Hurricane. Being 4x Stealth Rock isn't a big deal in the meta at the moment tbh with Gligar and Shiftry being extremely effective and reliable hazard removers, so for me the only issue that remains is the accuracy of it's STABS but I think the pros outway the cons by far. Moltres is definitely something you should be well prepared for and that is especially aimed at people attempting to do well in the RU Open.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay just going to make a quick post about a less obvious metagame trend I have noticed since the recent suspects left the tier.

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Since Yanmega left it seems like most teams that previously had dedicated hazard removing support have moved on to using Choice Scarf Moltres and in the majority of RU Open matches I've watched at least one player was running this set. What makes Moltres such an effective Choice Scarf user is a combination of a decent base 90 Speed stat, access to U-turn to give it momentum and the ability to hit extremely hard for a revenge killer. As usual with Moltres there is really only two down sides to using it, 4x Stealth Rock weak and relying on hitting moves such as Fire Blast and Hurricane. Being 4x Stealth Rock isn't a big deal in the meta at the moment tbh with Gligar and Shiftry being extremely effective and reliable hazard removers, so for me the only issue that remains is the accuracy of it's STABS but I think the pros outway the cons by far. Moltres is definitely something you should be well prepared for and that is especially aimed at people attempting to do well in the RU Open.
I've been using choice scarf Moltres and I have to agree that it's really strong in the tier right now, as fire stab threatens a lot of dangerous set up sweepers and u turn for muh momentum. It pairs extremely well with defog, u-turn gligar and makes the basis of a great balanced volt turn team. They also have amazing synergy in spite if the shared flying typing, definitely a fun and easy core to use.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I concur. I've been using Scarf U-turn Moltres along with U-turn Gligar as seen in this RMT and it's an effective balance U-turn core that easily grabs momentum while relying on Gligar for a guaranteed Defog against any kind of teams thanks to its huge bulk. The core is very reliable and solid and Scarf Moltres is a good Scarf user that can also double as a Doublade check, assuming Stealth Rock is off the field. Its ability to lure Slowking is appreciated too, so using it along a Pursuit user (Drapion/Sneasel/Spiritomb) or a strong Slowking killer like Mega Abomasnow (which I used) can put Slowking in a checkmate position, allowing Scarf Moltres to easily clean up late-game.

The fact that a lot of set up sweepers are weak to Moltres is also a good thing as it can easily revenge kill them. This includes Virizion, Cobalion, Durant, and even Gallade even though thats naturally slower. Not to mention it outspeeds one of the most common scarfers which is Rotom-C. Overall solid revenge killer imo despite being x4 weak to rocks, and U-turn on Moltres is awesome.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Talking about Volturn here I want to bring an original yet effective Cobalion set:

Cobalion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

While it might look like a stupid idea at first, Specs Cobalion is a fantastic poke that never fails me, not only it lures Cobalion's most common counters and severely injures them but it also forms a nice Volturn core with Scarf Moltres; Flash Cannon and Focus Miss are his main STABS and HP Ghost is awesome to smack Doublade. While this looks a bit weak at first, Cobalion actually has the same special attack and attack stats making it a viable yet surprising option for Volturn teams.

FUN CALCS:

252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 144-169 (43.2 - 50.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Hidden Power Ghost vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 180-212 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tangrowth: 390-460 (96.7 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 204-241 (61 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

So yea Specs Goat new meta guys...

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wanna talk a bit about a set I've been using a lot for the past month or so, and it's been fucking amazing so far obviously as everyone can tell:

BROKEN (Druddigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (normally you shouldn't run this much spe, but I explain why I run that much.)
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock / Sucker Punch
- Outrage
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Life Orb Druddigon is simply fucking incredible. I used a similar set way back in beta RU but didn't really like it at the time and thought it sucked, but I started using it again to test it later on when RU became official and kinda liked it. It wasn't before I realized it fucking OHKOs Aromatisse 100% of the time with Gunk Shot that I started realizing it was good, and I've been using it ever since (which is like 2 months ago). I use this on my Sticky Web team so that might explain why I use max speed lol. Max speed does 2 things: #1 is outspeeding Adamant Hitmonlee after sticky web, and #2 is it bypasses all forms of Drudd speed creep unless the opponent's Druddigon is Jolly and I don't have webs up for some strange reason. Anyway, this set is fucking amazing. Outrage does so much to so many things its incredible. Fire Punch 2HKOs Registeel, Amoonguss, and has a high chance of 2HKOing Doublade after SR. Gunk Shot as I said before OHKOs all variants of Aromatisse, as well as being a strong neutral attack on a lot of things in general, provided you don't wanna lock yourself into Outrage. The 80% accuracy can be a downer however. Gunk Shot also hits other targets like Tangrowth despite how rare that is in today's metagame. Sucker Punch can be great for Pokemon like Meloetta, Delphox, and any Pokemon you need to revenge really, but I've been using Stealth Rock a lot on it too, especially on sticky web teams where I might lack an SR setter. In one of my teams I used SR over Fire Punch and Sucker Punch in the 1st slot but being walled by every steel-type kinda blew. I really like this Druddigon a lot on my sticky web team to set up SR and just wreck shit in general.

Fun calcs:
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 135-161 (43.2 - 51.6%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Amoonguss: 289-341 (66.8 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 203-239 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Druddigon Outrage vs. 104 HP / 248+ Def Alomomola: 220-261 (44.2 - 52.5%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Druddigon Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 320-376 (81.4 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Talking about Volturn here I want to bring an original yet effective Cobalion set:

Cobalion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

While it might look like a stupid idea at first, Specs Cobalion is a fantastic poke that never fails me, not only it lures Cobalion's most common counters and severely injures them but it also forms a nice Volturn core with Scarf Moltres; Flash Cannon and Focus Miss are his main STABS and HP Ghost is awesome to smack Doublade. While this looks a bit weak at first, Cobalion actually has the same special attack and attack stats making it a viable yet surprising option for Volturn teams.

FUN CALCS:

252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 144-169 (43.2 - 50.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Hidden Power Ghost vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 180-212 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tangrowth: 390-460 (96.7 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 204-241 (61 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

So yea Specs Goat new meta guys...
Let me show my support by adding something else about this. If it weren't for Delphox I'd suggest going Modest to help pump out the power more, but Cobalion needs to be able to outspeed SpecsFox so it can pivot out with Volt Switch. Plus you have the option of just plain switching if you don't want your opponent to think you have a Specs quite yet. If it's SpecsFox, pivot into something that can tank a predicted Fire Blast, such as Jellicent, Gastro, Togetic, or, if you're feeling creative, Flareon.

With everyone turning to Psycic types after the bans, I think it's important to take a look back on the move that greatly impairs them this gen: Knock Off.
Almost every team has knock off, and often gets a chance to use it. Whether that is on an incoming Doublade, or to put the hurt on a psycic type, Knock off is a move that every team should be prepared for.

With that in mind, I'd like to remind everyone of the two best Knock Off absorbers in the tier:

With a resistance to Dark-type moves, these two can easily take even STAB Knock Offs. Coballion more so, due to it's larger defense. These two both have the Justified ability, which raises their ATK one stage every time they get hit with a dark type move. By coming in on a predicted Knock Off, these two get the advantage of getting a Band-level boost by only sacrificing a little HP. On the first time they come in, they'd obviously lose their item as well. However, compared to most pokes these two don't need their items as much. A SD set will appreciate the boost without having to setup, and usually will lose a Lum berry, which was supposed to help get a one turn buffer to boost anyway.

Thought I'd share with you guys my thoughts for somewhat anti-meta trends, using Coballion and Virizion to absorb Knock Offs and punish the opponent with increased offensive pressure.

With all these Psychic types like Delphox, Slowking, and Sigilyph I'm finding good ol standard specially defensive Zweilous to be a really useful tool to have. Especially good at supporting all the slow wallbreakers we have like Escavaliar and Clawitzer.

MOlk's been hyping over a potential Mega-Houndoom drop, which would be divine in dealing with Delphox and other assorted Psychic types

aVocado

@ Everstone
Houndoom and Kingdra are really close to dropping, with the former having around 3.5% usage and the latter having 3.6%. We might get Houndoom in a few days, but we'll probably have to wait for the next tier shifts for Kingdra. That is, assuming its usage doesn't suddenly spike.

(it needs to be ~3.41% or below to drop, fyi.)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
With everyone turning to Psycic types after the bans, I think it's important to take a look back on the move that greatly impairs them this gen: Knock Off.
Almost every team has knock off, and often gets a chance to use it. Whether that is on an incoming Doublade, or to put the hurt on a psycic type, Knock off is a move that every team should be prepared for.

With that in mind, I'd like to remind everyone of the two best Knock Off absorbers in the tier:

With a resistance to Dark-type moves, these two can easily take even STAB Knock Offs. Coballion more so, due to it's larger defense. These two both have the Justified ability, which raises their ATK one stage every time they get hit with a dark type move. By coming in on a predicted Knock Off, these two get the advantage of getting a Band-level boost by only sacrificing a little HP. On the first time they come in, they'd obviously lose their item as well. However, compared to most pokes these two don't need their items as much. A SD set will appreciate the boost without having to setup, and usually will lose a Lum berry, which was supposed to help get a one turn buffer to boost anyway.

Thought I'd share with you guys my thoughts for somewhat anti-meta trends, using Coballion and Virizion to absorb Knock Offs and punish the opponent with increased offensive pressure.
Note that these two have to watch out for Sneasel (hype train); Virizion dies to Knock Off and Ice Punch always (unless you want to run like 0 speed, yeah no). Cobalion takes about 80% min (support) to 90% (offensive).

So with a couple of hazards up, a plus 2 Doublade can do a lot of stuff. I agree Doublade isn't worthy enough in the current metagame to be tested, but its an extremely strong threat nonetheless. I don't know which Pokemon would be fitting for a suspect test... Everything seems balanced o.O (wtf? wtf is balance in a tier)

PS: Copycat samurott doesn't work

If I could bring up a pokemon that I feel is pathetically underrated, the first thing I would blurt out is "Offensive Whimsicott!" Offensive Whimsi is great in RU for multiple reasons. It has great Dual STABs, is incredibly fast even with a Modest Nature, and has great priority.

Jiggz (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set is, simply put, my favorite thing to use in RU. Giga Drain is great for healing off LO recovery, and Moonblast is your strong, spamming move. Moonblast hits very hard, even coming off of Whimsi's mediocre base 77 Sp. Att stat. HP Fire is here to catch things like Doublade and Escavalier on switchins, as it 2HKOes them both. And one of my favorite things about this mon, Nature Power, is defaulted to Tri-Attack (obviously). But, since Nature Power isn't directly an attack, it is moved up to +1 priority from prankster. I cannot begin to explain how good it feels to kill Fletchinder after rocks, when they think they can safely Acrobatics. I also useit to deal a considerable chunk to sharpedo once it is Faster than me.Other options for this mon include Hurricane as powerful coverage, Memento to make room for setups, or U-Turn to hit things that wall you on their switch-in. I prefer HP Fire to these options though, as otherwise Whimsi gets Hardwalled by Doublade and Escav.

Calc Corner!

252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Hidden Power Fire vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 156-185 (50 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 104 HP / 156 SpD Alomomola: 354-421 (71.2 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 597-706 (140.8 - 166.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sharpedo: 179-212 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 343-406 (96.8 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Aromatisse: 164-192 (40.3 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-C: 148-175 (61.4 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hitmontop: 289-343 (95 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skuntank: 231-274 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Houndoom and Kingdra are really close to dropping, with the former having around 3.5% usage and the latter having 3.6%. We might get Houndoom in a few days, but we'll probably have to wait for the next tier shifts for Kingdra. That is, assuming its usage doesn't suddenly spike.

(it needs to be ~3.41% or below to drop, fyi.)

Anything possibly rising?

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Anything possibly rising?
i have the leaked UU stats at the moment, the closest thing to moving up from RU to UU is Alomomola, but it's still not above the cutoff, Amoonguss also has a shot at moving up to OU, but last time i checked in the 3 month stats it's only at around 3.1% (not last month's stats).

i have the leaked UU stats at the moment, the closest thing to moving up from RU to UU is Alomomola, but it's still not above the cutoff, Amoonguss also has a shot at moving up to OU, but last time i checked in the 3 month stats it's only at around 3.1% (not last month's stats).
so bitchfish might move up? amoonguss i can sorta see, sorta usable in UU/OU

EDIT: Molk, where can you find the stats for them? The ones in the PS opening are outdated.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
so bitchfish might move up? amoonguss i can sorta see, sorta usable in UU/OU

EDIT: Molk, where can you find the stats for them? The ones in the PS opening are outdated.
when he said "leaked" he probably meant they're not accessible by regular users lol

I prefer Leavanny, because it hits so goddamn hard. Invest in attack and speed, put a sash on it. and wreck something with a swarm boosted x-scisorr after being taken down to sash. Get a good hit off, before you go down.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Did we got Houndoom or Kindgra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)