The Sunset Colosseum - FINALS [Won by TGMD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks to MewSkitty for the banner!
Introduction:

The Sunset Colosseum made an appearance in Pokemon Battle Revolution, a game that was released during gen 4, and had a unique game mode where the player was given 12 Pokemon at random and had to choose a team of 3. I liked this game mode and I want to make a tournament based on it. The rules are very similar to the Sunset Colosseum's original rules.

Tournament Special Rules:
  • At the start of each round, 12 random Pokemon will be posted in the OP. Each player must then build a team of 6 Pokemon from the 12 that have been posted. The moveset, item, EVs, and IVs can be chosen by the players. If the Pokemon has a Mega-Evolution stone, that counts as an item and is fair game (ie. if Mawile is one of the 12 random Pokemon, Mega Mawile may be used).
  • Your teams may overlap, in fact, you may have a mirror fight against your opponent. It's up to you to be creative with the Pokemon that are posted at the start of the round.
  • These will be Best of 1, Single Elimination matches
  • Matches are to be played in XY OU on PS!
General Rules:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Moody Clause: The ability Moody is banned from play.
  • All other XY OU Clauses
Pairings:

complete legitimacy vs TGMD

The Pokemon for this Round:

Parasect
Farfetch'd
Dunsparce
Delibird
Castform
Luvdisc
Bastiodon
Cherrim
Watchog
Beheeyem
Furfrou
Carbink

Deadline:

No deadline, but get it done asap

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
CL beat me so I gotta root for him. Down with the great mighty dong!

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cl and I are battling sometime next Saturday night, EST :)

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
I remember applying to host a Sunset Colosseum style tournament but having other stuff in the way... Thanks for hosting this Oglemi, it'd be a waste of an idea otherwise.
Good luck to both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)