The UU Open III - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

It is Time. Again.
co-hosted by kokoloko and Limitless

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard XY UU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • ALL REPLAYS SHOULD BE SAVED AND POSTED ALONGSIDE YOUR WON/LOST POST. DON'T BE DIPSHITS.
  • XY cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • UU Tiering is funky. Suspect tests will continue to happen despite this tournament, but the Pokemon/Abilities/Items being tested will not be allowed until the round that begins after the suspect is voted UU. If it is voted UU.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Round 6 Match-ups

Afro Smash vs aim
Bad Ass
vs Omfuga216
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$
kokoloko vs New Breed

Deadline for Round 6 is September 4th @ 11:59 PM EST.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably wait 'til I catch Bad Ass on IRC and challenge him there. If it doesn't work out after a few days I'll just VM him.

Excited af for all these matches:
[Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim Rooting for Alan to beat Nova, not sure about Alan vs Joey tho.
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$
kokoloko vs New Breed- Fuck Kevin.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
[ Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim - this man is in the mindset right now
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$
kokoloko vs New Breed - kokoloko's first decent opponent, how will he fare?

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Activity. I don't have an opponent therefore he has made no attempt to contact me and i should just go on to finals.

[Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim
Bad Ass
vs Omfuga216
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$
kokoloko vs New Breed - man i dont even know...

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[ Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim - ordinarily i'd root for Nova because he beat me but these two are pretty good too ;-;
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$
kokoloko
vs New Breed

[ Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216-My Pick to win it all
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$
kokoloko vs New Breed

Scotti

we back.
[ Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim - winning matches
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216- He won open last time :3
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$ - seems good
kokoloko vs New Breed - seems like a great match, but koko is god that banned venomoth

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
[ Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim - Honestly, Afro vs Aim should be great, but Afro's on a roll so going with him to avenge Meeps
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216 - my fren the uu lord :]
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$ - Meeps' ghosting should tide him through
kokoloko vs New Breed - should be the closest series, not too sure

Waiting on a reply from Nova

Bad Ass vs Omfuga216 - Best match up, 2-1 to fuga, will be super close though. In fact whoever wins this is prolly gonna win the open.
Lowgock vs MetalGro$$ - meeps ghosting will win, if meeps isn't online then easy 2-0 for Lowgock
kokoloko vs New Breed - 2 worst users left in the tour, New Breed to win 2-1

Last edited:
[ Nova vs Afro Smash ] vs aim - idk how good nova and joey are, but i know adro is enuf of a lord,,,
Bad Ass vs Omfuga216 - if Bad Ass really is the best UU player, Omfuga must be second,,,
kokoloko vs New Breed - -UUTL.

Idk what the deadline is for R5, but I'm still waiting to hear from Nova and can only be on for around 3 more hours, so activity jus in case.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Activity wins do suck this far in the tour but Nova has yet to reply to Afro. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)